Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

49 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Should PvP / PvE be separated into different categories?  Would having rewards that are smore appropriate for PvP (since it would be a separate category) be something worth looking into?

With 7.2 update, there already is 2 separate 'seasons'  now with 2 different tracks of "rewards".

To be quite honest, i'm very confused by your question.

17 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

With 7.2 update, there already is 2 separate 'seasons'  now with 2 different tracks of "rewards".

To be quite honest, i'm very confused by your question.

No biggie about the confusion!  At least you did ask for clarification (well .. more or less).  in GS-3 we still have a lot of WZ stuff (for example) and other PvP items for rewards.  A lot of times this shows up in the PvP community in various negative ways.  I was hoping that simply providing two separate programs that it might help alleviate some of the tension.  If that is already the case .. then you have answered my question!  In either case I appreciate you honest answer!

16 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

No biggie about the confusion!  At least you did ask for clarification (well .. more or less).  in GS-3 we still have a lot of WZ stuff (for example) and other PvP items for rewards.  A lot of times this shows up in the PvP community in various negative ways.  I was hoping that simply providing two separate programs that it might help alleviate some of the tension.  If that is already the case .. then you have answered my question!  In either case I appreciate you honest answer!

You gave me an idea there... :) 

Let us convert GS tokens to PVP tokens (or whatever they are). There is nothing I can buy with GS tokens anymore, but I might find something I don't have yet from the pvp vendor. Better yet, I wouldn't have to expose myself to the pvp toxins. 

• Like 4

I don't see this happening. I mean, it is indeed either good or interesting idea but absolutely not possible in my opinion.
However yes, as I wrote in my main reply here there are too few rewards to spend GS tokens on. Everything I wanted to buy I bought during 2 seasons and tokens from third one I had to spend on things I not really wanted to not waste them.
Season 2 brought few new rewards to non seasonal vendor, which were skins for Hexid, Ranos and Nico.  Nice, but not for me.
However, season 3 did not brign anything...
Season 4 has to bring something, I think in double quanity.
Most probably we'll get new SH during GS4, so it seems bought by GS tokens which again will be probably for 8 tokens or something. So, for example in my case, if this will be like Fleet SH which has two versions, I'll be able to buy both and still some tokens will be left...

So they should bring some new items for that vendor.
There were many nice and cool ideas and propositions before. As said before, I personally would want to see limited armors from GSF in vendor. Especially Republic Experimental Pilot and Imperial Covert Pilot armors and for example the mount that was given via twitch. AC-PT Walker or however it was called? This + SH + few other things would make us occupied with gatheting tokens for what we want for sure. Maybe even for 2 seasons and for sure everyone would find something for themselves. The worst thing they can do is to not add anything again or add only one type of items again which some will like and some not.

54 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

You gave me an idea there... :) 

Let us convert GS tokens to PVP tokens (or whatever they are). There is nothing I can buy with GS tokens anymore, but I might find something I don't have yet from the pvp vendor. Better yet, I wouldn't have to expose myself to the pvp toxins. 

Hmmm...  Not bad really!  If it would help PvP players to re-engage again.  I know..  it's not entirely what you are driving at ... but still.  I do see some possibilities!

GSF seasons maybe?
Easy approach like PvP ones. Play X TDMs, win Y Dominations. Or a bit harder like "have N defense medals", "get M assists".

Would be great to have some new stuff as GSF hasn't got any patch since 5.6 under that sauсe. New map, seasons and some cosmetics/decos related to GSF. Easy and neat.

Edited by winpersec
orthography
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, orichichan said:

Yes, except the one to find cheaters. I was a nightmare sometimes when we have many other players around us.

For me, it wasn't a big deal, as I sought out the most remote cantinas to do these. Did you know that there are two Gamblers on Quesh, Tatooine, Ilum, and many other remote locations. They are often not as packed as Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, etc. Sometimes, it's just a matter of going to one of these "off the beaten path" locations, and finding a lot less competition. I did multiple servers last night, and only spotted one other person the whole time.

• Like 1

I replied earlier but I have a few more thoughts:

The token max needs to be raised.  I have everything on the vendors and actually had to transfer a character to another server at the beginning of the season after buying 15 tokens worth of stuff and refunding them on the other server because I already had 15 tokens and I was going to lose all of them from season 3.

A stronghold or two would be great but players who have been here for 10+ years really need new stuff to buy instead of throwing away tokens.

• Like 2

I love the Galactic Season but like most people yes I would like for those dyes to be stackable, they take sooo much space in my banks. Also I would like it if there were some little interactions between the next companion and the previous ones or some of the shared ones, gives a bit more backstory to the companion. And while I would find it nice to have a new companion that can speak in something other than grunts or whatever alien language, what I really would like is a more interesting backstory. Phalanx was such a missed opportunity, with her design she could have had one of those really interesting story, something fascinating, instead she is kind of super boring. Also unless I'm mistaking electrolarynx do exist in the SW universe so it wouldn't be impossible to have an Ortolan companion for exemple using one so we don't have to hear the same 10 sentences in baby babble again and again.

Oh yeah, while I think the decorations in the tracks are pretty cool, could we have something that we can use in like any of our SH? Because most of those decorations just don't fit in most place at all and in the 3rd season don't really have a link with the companion... I would have prefered something like a droid charging station than the Iokath holder claws which I haven't been able to use anywhere.

I am happy overall with the pace of Seasons.  I find it is relatively straightforward to complete the weekly objectives as I have always done a variety of content.  I would appreciate if more seasons objectives overlapped with conquest.  I would also appreciate more season-themed objectives.  By themed, I mean the objectives like in Season 2 where you had to wear a disguise of a criminal syndicate and kill npcs/plant evidence; or the objective in Season 3 to catch cheating gamblers.  With respect to the last example, you need more gamblers in cantinas across the galaxy and a shorter respawn time.  It took too long to complete that objective.

Overall I actually do like many of the decorations but I would encourage less decos that can only fit on starship hooks, since those hooks are much fewer and there is competition for them.

Yes, I agree with stackable dyes!  Or at least award them in a pack like the Kai Zykken satchel of dyes that is part of the login rewards system, though that might have issues with previewing.

However, I am mostly disappointed with the removal of cartel coins.  Their replacement with untradeable Ultimate Cartel Packs is terrible.  I understand that the development team was not happy with players completing seasons on multiple servers.  However, with the incremental changes that have occurred, including the reputation grind and the 100-weekly achievement, coupled with PVP Season 1, I found it impossible to grind seasons on anything other than my primary server.  I haven't even been able to get my level 75 toon to 80 on my secondary server, considering all the things I'm busy doing on my primary server.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the amount of content per se.  Its just that the development team has made a lot of changes that really make it difficult to, shall we say, "fully play" on more than one server.  I have a family with two young children and a full time career.  Its just not feasible for me to grind seasons on another server.

Therefore, the nerf to the cartel coins directly hurts me.  You know that Ultimate packs are really a sham, because they are bound to legacy in the unopened form, which means you must open them to have a chance at anything to sell.  Furthermore, as the cartel market expands in the future and has expanded over its years, the chances of getting any one item become almost exponentially smaller with each new wave of cartel market offerings.  You are far more likely to get something worth less than a million credits, which is not much in today's inflationary environment.

Therefore, I would highly recommend restoring the cartel coin rewards to the Galactic Seasons track in lieu of ultimate packs.

Edited by phalczen
  • Like 1

The big thing I don't get, and don't really like, about Seasons is that reaching rank 100 is nowhere near enough to get Legend reputation in the associated reputation track.

This means that reaching rank 100, rather than feeling like you've accomplished a real end goal, is just another benchmark on the way to grinding out rep.

Rank 100 should be the big end goal; to have even more grinding to do after that doesn't make sense, and kinda kills it for me.

In the future, I'd ask that you please work the trophy numbers and rep gains so that the Season's Legend rep is reached approximately around the same time as one reaches the Season's rank 100. Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlCiao said:

The big thing I don't get, and don't really like, about Seasons is that reaching rank 100 is nowhere near enough to get Legend reputation in the associated reputation track.

This means that reaching rank 100, rather than feeling like you've accomplished a real end goal, is just another benchmark on the way to grinding out rep.

Rank 100 should be the big end goal; to have even more grinding to do after that doesn't make sense, and kinda kills it for me.

In the future, I'd ask that you please work the trophy numbers and rep gains so that the Season's Legend rep is reached approximately around the same time as one reaches the Season's rank 100. Thanks.

Yeah, I still haven't finished the last two achievements to get the final customization. I probably won't even get it this week, with the 5k limitation on weekly rep (still have maybe 60% of the last rep tier to go), or the number of weeklies I will be able to complete (still have 11 to go, so I'll get it the following week, unless something interrupts my progress).

8 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

Yeah, I still haven't finished the last two achievements to get the final customization. I probably won't even get it this week, with the 5k limitation on weekly rep (still have maybe 60% of the last rep tier to go), or the number of weeklies I will be able to complete (still have 11 to go, so I'll get it the following week, unless something interrupts my progress).

While I've never understood why there's a weekly cap on rep, that's not the issue here, at least not for me. What I'm getting at, is getting enough rep trophies, period, even if you can't use them all at once.

You can still use any rep trophies you've acquired after the Season is done, so that's not really a big deal. But not being able to get nearly enough rep trophies from reaching rank 100 is what rankles me.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
    Overall, it’s good, and could be even better.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
    Fen Zeil was fine (also, liked his connection to Altuur). Missed GS1, so don’t have Altuur (please make him available via vendor). Not a fan of PH4-LNX (really hope she gets off my ship and goes to Odesssen once the reputation track is completed). Though, there are so many companions already with only a select few being extra good at certain things – makes it hard to justify using these ones outside of GS.
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
    Hate the nerf to Cartel Coins and jacking up the collection unlock price (shame on whoever made that greedy decision). Don’t care for Cartel Packs since a chance to get something I like is extremely low. Love the decorations (especially the ones that do not require a large+ hook) – wish there were more than 10 per pack. Wish armor sets were a bit more versatile. My personal pet peeve is the belt on two G.A.M.E. sets. I wanted a double-buckled belt for so long, but the addition of bandolier on both of them makes it silly for the force users (not to mention, it clips with longer armors). So wish only one of them had a bandolier attachment, and the other was just a simple dye-able double-belt with no attachments of any kind. Also, on Security Officer set’s feet slot, wish the boot and the leg portion could have been dyed separately (currently, the leg portion can’t be dyed at all). In general, I wish we had more short-style boots (some military type for sure) that dyed well, glasses on forehead aka Koth Vortena style (rather than G.A.M.E. Pit Boss), and some tank tops which just stop at the waist, so they could be paired with a variety of bottoms (looking at you Jarael's Armor Set and your front and back flaps). LOVE both fleet strongholds – didn’t expect to love them this much initially, but now my legacy fully migrated to both of these from Tatooine. Also, due to a smaller size, they were much quicker to fully decorate and the hook placements were pretty versatile (unlike Manaan which even lacks ceiling hooks in some rooms – one small hook for the entire ceiling with no proper decorations available to place on it doesn’t count).
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
    Perhaps a couple of more choices could help, though I personally didn’t have any issues picking 7 out of existing ones so far. Liked the fact that it created an extra reason for a wide variety of players to group up for certain content.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
    The pace seemed reasonable. Definitely, don’t want it to go faster. Completed GS3 in December. Finishing reputation achievement track (should be done next week). Completed GS2 via a combination of gameplay + credits + CC since by the time I got back into the game after a long break there was not enough time to complete it the regular way.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
    Some of it yes. For others, I had to deviate, but fortunately not for too long. I usually reviewed the objectives on Tuesdays and picked whichever ones fit with my play-style while providing max reward. For the ones that didn’t fit with my play-style – the rewards didn’t matter (sorry Starfighter). Some weeks, I was able to complete all 7 in one day, though normally I would stretch it out to maximize conquest points.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    As many said, please make the dyes stackable – they take WAY too much room – and ideally provide colors that more players actually want (I haven’t noticed many characters running around in yellow-on-yellow outfits). Go back to pre-season 3 collections unlock prices – the new ones are unreasonable no matter how much you may try to “reason” them. Make prior companions available via vendor. Create a way to complete achievements for past seasons. Increase the season tokens cap (in general, caps are too low across the board – I frequently have to deviate from what I’m doing just to manage various caps which can get really frustrating). More cool weapons – S2 were cool, S3 were meh. Make reward armor sets more conscious of various body types – S3 G.A.M.E. jackets look great on male characters, on females – not so much (the jacket hits at the worst part of the hip – would need to be either shorter or longer to look good – btw, Ri’kan set has done a great job in that regard from what I’ve seen so far). Include new crafting schematics – getting dyes is cool (as long as they become stackable), but being able to craft dyes is way cooler. Also, as many said, something other than underworld for the next season – it’s a big universe out there. More stronghold decorations (especially furniture that fits on smaller hooks) would be nice and the ability to buy more of them if needed. Also, just wanted to say thank you in general for Galactic Seasons since they seem to successfully keep players engaged.

Edit: Wanted to add that it would be nice to get some "Bind to Legacy" off-hands as a reward in addition to weapons. Just a thought.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 4

it keeps the players busy with objective to gain some reputation of the newest one, some fun rewards, wearpons, armor, i want a return of the Dread Forge/ Forged Alliance weapons to return, the gold weapons, maybe a new armor that can be themed around that, 

1. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

no answer.

1. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

it was fine, maybe add in a free black and black dye some time around please. 

1. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

no answer

1. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes S2 and S3 of the total Objectives, 

1. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

no answer.

1. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?  

Yes Give us a new Force user make / female to romance 2, and a force enclave style stronghold this time around with a crystal cave.  i dont know why we arent given Satele Shan yet when they barely put her into the story anymore , and what about new story titles that can for the 8 class's and upgrade ranking in story, Jedis, Siths, Troopers, Smugglers, Bountry Hunters, Agents, Consolars, Inquistors, i mean by now they are getting a new rank up already from resent events and no new title to have show 

Hint Jedi Lord maybe? Lord Voice, Lord Hand, General, Admiral, Jedi Council, Dark Council, some Honored Mandalorian Rank, and a new Rank for the agents, like Moff or something. idk. and more planets to explore datacrons to find, lore based storys and this time a new temple style Ops that can be fun? 

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

it's pretty good honestly, simple and permissive enough to not become a pure hassle/sweaty grind, but it still makes you do stuff you normally wouldn't for shiny rewards. Simple and effective.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

My favorite was the duros one. Pretty decent customisation, good performances (dual blaster), badass looking and it's one that's not too jarring to hear speak non-basic.

As improvements, i would like to see more "unique" companions, as in less represented combat styles. Maybe melee ones, maybe ones that use rare weapons (like shield + pike, even some droids npc have thoses, surely companions could?). I understand why they don't speak basic, but hey, it's still on my wishlist to have one who does.

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Mostly yes. The decorations are usually pretty unique and clean, and there has been a lot of good looking weapons over the season (also hot take time, i like the current season's weapons, they're super unique). I haven't been the biggest fan of the sets yet, and i'm not saying they disgust me, i'm just saying i've never been "woah'd" yet. The mounts also happen to be decent most of the time. The s2 lvl100 mount is beautiful, the current low lvl speeder bike is also a very nice one IMO. Not fan of the painted one, but it's because it wouldn't fit my characters.

Now, i'd like some less criminal oriented stuff, we've had 3 seasons of it. s2 especially had an insanely good looking reward track, show us what you can do with other themes

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

for the most part, you have objectives to please almost everyone every week, it isn't bad at all. I'm especially happy when i see stuff that make players group up, like sparks of war. It's refreshing to make 20+ people groups, as IMO SWTOR needs to give reasons for people to group up, having a solo mode MMO isn't exactly good for the game i'd think.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

It's pretty easy honestly. I might not finish s3 because i started extremely late, but, that's on me. If you play just 4 day a week (and it doesn't have to be big sessions either) you'll have your season in the bag no sweat. It's really good to have a "battlepass" that isn't a pure hassle that forces you to play 10h/day.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Since i login in to either try and find raids or MMFPs, maybe advance the pvp track a little bit too, i end up doing all kind of contents. So yeah i progress the season mostly playing normal. But i also enjoy grouping up for other stuff like sparks of war as i said previously.

The only "annoying" objective would be the "do the weekly of x rep track", since more often than not, i have already maxed said reputation

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

I'm mostly happy with what we got nowadays. If i were in charge i would not change anything, for now that is.

But i think it's time for a new theme

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, AlCiao said:

While I've never understood why there's a weekly cap on rep, that's not the issue here, at least not for me. What I'm getting at, is getting enough rep trophies, period, even if you can't use them all at once.

You can still use any rep trophies you've acquired after the Season is done, so that's not really a big deal. But not being able to get nearly enough rep trophies from reaching rank 100 is what rankles me.

This came up in another thread about the reputation for GS3.  This is the response I gave there.  

I imagine that they have to balance the time required between subs and F2P/preferred.  They get less season points if I remember right and don’t get as many rep per turn in.  Granted, it is designed to keep us coming back but as subscribers we would hit 100 much earlier.  

The F2P and preferred may take till after they finish the reputation  to hit 100.  I can’t say for sure since I haven’t calculated it but either way there isn’t any way for BW to make it work both ways. 

• Like 1

How do I like the "Rewards"

New Companions...

I already have 52 companions... How Many More do I need?  Reward Quality - Useless

Companion Modifications....

Are only for the current Galactic Seasons Companion. Reward Quality - Useless

Season Armor Set...

Since I have never been able to do all 100 levels I have never completed a single set. Reward Quality - Useless

Season Mount...

Much like the "New Companion" I have over 50 mounts and I only use one. Reward Quality - Useless

Cartel Packs...

Never got Weapons or Armor. Mostly only Decorations or Mounts. Only ever saw 1 Ultimate Cartel Pack. Reward Quality - Useless

Galactic Seasons Tokens....

USELESS Maxed out with nothing to spend them on.

Decorations...

Always get the same one or one I already have dozens of. Reward Quality - Useless

Titles...

Already have 30+ Titles and only use one. Reward Quality Useless

Cartel Coins...

This is the only thing that IS useful but has gotten very cheap. BW cut what we used to get in Half.... Reward Quality - Reduced

Dye Packs...

With the difficulty in getting the color dye's you want you would think this would be a real reward. But it is NOT. Get the SAME color die in EVERY pack. Reward Quality - Less than Useless

Now to the General Feedback...

"How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?"

Not at all.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I already have 52+ companions. My Favorite companion is one of my Original 5 companions. As for How you can improve companions, have more for the companions we already have instead of the ones we don't need.

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

See Above.... No I do not find the Galactic Seasons Rewards Useful. Give us Useful Gear (Not empty shells since there are no longer any mods to fill them with), Weapons, Dyes (of different colors not always Blue with Purple), Crystals, ect that our current character can use. Not garbage for a companion we will never use or don't even have.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

No, I don't.... PvP, I don't have time to... Raid, Group or do Flashpoints. And doing common tasks Missions, Planets ect do not give much for Galactic Seasons points if any at all.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

No, I am unable to play every day and my time is limited to be able to sit and play. I have never completed a single Galactic Seasons, though the last one I did get close but still could not complete the whole 100 levels. This season shafted players so badly I had no incentive to even try.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Galactic Seasons is all consuming. Unless you actively do missions for Galactic Seasons, you get nothing to trivial points for Galactic Seasons.

How can you Improve Galactic Seasons? That's easy.

Stop being so Cheap with the rewards. Stop making us slog through hundreds of mobs only to get a companion gift for a companion we don't have. Stop rewarding us with low amounts of credits and gear we can NOT use. Stop being so tight with the Galactic Seasons points.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The event is fun, but I don't like the constraints of a time limit. I actually find it stressful that it is a "unique" event.
I might enjoy it more/be more relaxed if I knew the themes were going to return eventually. (Like some sort of cycle repeating on a longer scale than the game's regular events.)

The last two were done very well!
Their stories were a good length, and they were good characters.
Having a companion I can dress up might be nice? (A few less customizations. Fen might have had too many.)

I do like the rewards.

-A cartel pack every now & then is exciting & I think CC are a great reward for the players who are keeping the game active.*
*(I didn't mind the reduction in CC rewards as much as I disliked the increase in unlock costs. Since we have already 'worked' for these rewards, I think it was fair that they were very cheap to unlock in previous Seasons.)
-The new armor is the most interesting reward for Season 3. I don't know if I need each Season to come with so many mounts and 2 full armor sets (maybe 1 set with an 8th variant piece?)--I know some people would want more, but I feel like it has been adding up since the first Season.
-The dyes are so cool! but it is hard to store them, and I don't want to use them when I can't ever get more?? (I'd like to be able to purchase the PREVIOUS Season's dyes from the vendor, even if it costs a token.)
-Decos are also an excellent reward, but I think there might have to be a bigger variety or I will have a bunch of the same ones.

Ones that worked well for me in Season 3:
-Flexible objectives, such as finishing 15 missions playing as a particular character class.
-Fighting difficult world bosses. (Voss, Ossus, Mek-Sha... )

Issues:
-I used to like it when there was sometimes an option of an ops-related objective/my weekly ops-playing counted toward an objective*
*(Other than R-4, which is very difficult compared to other ops.)
-GSF has been one of my favorite objectives, but the one collecting medals asked for way too many (same for the PVP medals objective after PVP changes were implemented). Completing 3-6 matches (depending on win rate) is much more reasonable, & doesn't cause other players to behave strangely in the match (for the sake of getting medals that would count toward their total).

I feel burned out after finishing Season 3. I feel I won't be ready for Season 4 for a long time.
The effort for each objective has been fine, but I would rather the pace were slower. I finished 5-7 objectives a week and it felt like too many per week. I'd like to do about 2 while still being able to get all the rewards and achievements.

Between Seasons objectives and collecting DRM currency for gear, I was frustrated.
I felt I didn't have time left over to play some of the content I wanted to play.
I was able to attend my regular weekly ops (1 or 2 per week) but a lot of my regular play time went toward objectives. There are still a bunch of class stories I have never finished, and normally I like to spend a lot of time decorating my Stronghold/making outfits, but I felt "too busy" to do that during Seasons.

-the 100 objective achievement is not fun
-again: please let me access more of the previous dyes somehow
-Seasons either need to be spread out more during the Season (less objectives per week), or there needs to be a long, long gap between them because having the game tell me what to play stops being fun when I don't have much time to play

Edited by Riyar

On 1/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, BryantWood said:

This current season (3) has been good so far.  The content variety is good, it always feels like I can choose what I want to do to progress.

The companion have been fine.  I've only gotten season 2 and 3 so I can't comment on season 1.  I like their character designs and customization options.  I don't really pay too much attention to their personalities though.  There is only so much "other language" text you can be made to read at a while.  On the other hand, I don't mind them being effectively low key, I don't think I would want to use one that talks constantly.

Yes, the rewards are great.  The gear was nice, the tokens give you options, offering past season rewards is awesome.  Some of the mounts are hit an miss.  The Rodir are great, the Triumbra and its like were really nice, the Teitek I didn't like at all.

I like the variety.  I can usually find 5 or 6 each week that I enjoy doing and the 1 or 2 more that I can get through.  The two I would like to see less of are Starfighter and Individual story chapters.

I was not able to complete 2 without using coins for the last few levels.  I will be finishing 3 in the next two weeks I think.  It's meant to be a long term project, which is fine, but I wouldn't mind seeing progression sped up 15 to 20 percent.  It feels too slow to me right now.

It pretty much takes over.  I have time to complete the 7 weekly objectives and not much else.  It takes a couple days to complete a week's objectives which is about how often I log in each week.

I really like the system, it definitely feels like it adds something valuable to my play time.  I would like to see a larger variety in themes going forward.  The Cartel/Gambling/Hut aesthetic seems to be what all seasons use.  Would want each season to have an entirely different feel.  It's fine to circle back to themes over time of course, but consecutive seasons should be completely different.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:27 AM, VegaMist said:

2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

1. Is ok I guess

2. NO. They are boring, uninteresting and fit only within a smuggler's crew. For once I'd like to see a Mandalorian companion, because we have plenty of Sith, Jedi, smugglers, droids but only 3 Mandos, one of them  many beginners do not have and won't be able to recruit very soon. 

3. No. Yes, there are : instead of a ultimate pack, give us the possibility to chose a silver or gold quality armor, weapon or mount. Trying to get the armor worn by Fen Zeil and looks like there's 0 chances of getting it.

4. No I don't. I would like more instanced objectives, to avoid the overcrowded zones. 

5. No. I have 0 interest in pvp or GSF and absolutely hated to wait in line to catch 10 cheaters. 

6. Yes.

7. Please, give a rest to non-Basic speaking companions! Make them mute if you don't afford voice actors, but PLEASE, no more SQUEEEEAK SQUEEAK ( Altuur) or 3 lines repeated all over again : " humpa-chumpa ni bobo! " 

( sry for my post being a bit incisive, I have a killer headache) 

Edited by Hrafnhildur

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, BryantWood said:

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? From a high level, I am enjoying the Galactic Season system.  
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far? I have enjoyed all the companions offered through Galactic Seasons. If there is any place for improvement it would be to increase the companion storyline, they seem too short at times. So far the one I like the most would be Altuur zok Adon, I like the customization options, his storyline, and most of all as reference to the Episode 4 character in the Star Wars movie. Quite frankly you are missing an opportunity to add all the species from the cantina scene of Episode 4 as season rewards characters.
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track? The rewards seem appropriate for each motif of the season. I wish there new mini-games added to the game that would introduce new types of rewards but that is beyond the scope of the question. At the very least there could be more decoration rewards on the vendors that help use up Galactic Season tokens.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less? Overall I have enjoyed the content used in Season Objectives and I don't see any area that needs immediate improvement at this time.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? I have been able to complete all 3 seasons so far, and based on 1 server's worth of content I feel that the season doesn't require an excessive amount of time to complete. The season is relatively easy to complete because my legacy has almost 100 characters so I have a character available for any weekly/daily task necessary.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy? While the Galactic Season is in progress I am unable to participate in other aspects of the game. With five servers to complete the season on and the limited amount of time available away from work it is very difficult to engage in other in-game activities. One server's worth of a Galactic Season is fine, but the Cartel Coin rewards necessitate completing the season on all five servers, and that is when it becomes a grind and less enjoyable.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? The companion customization for completing the 100 weekly achievement needs to be more unique and easy to spot. My case in-point is PH4-LNX. The customization you get for the 100 weekly achievement looks almost identical to the base customization and is hard to spot in a crowd, where as the 100 weekly achievement for Fen Zeil (Outlaw Customization) makes it easy to notice you have completed that achievement. Personally I have no issue with completing the 100 weekly achievement and see no reason to deviate from the current implementation. 

Please answer as many questions as you want! We’ll be gathering and using this feedback as we develop Season 4 and beyond to continue providing the best version of Galactic Seasons for our players.