Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

Suggestion of reward for non-seasonal vendor.
Revanite Walker as mount. I'd even spend all 15 tokens on it.
And AC-PT walker as well. It was from twitch "drop" or something.
And maybe Warstrider/Kephess walker in Explosive Conflict OPS as decoration.
Also, as for another SH from that vendor - Ilum. But maybe not jedi temple, but on Ilum.

Edited by LanceDefender

7 hours ago, KoriVash said:

Well you asked for such feedback after season 3.

Not sure you took a single thing said or made any such change from 3 to 4.

So just not going to bother doing this feedback thing again.

They took stackable dyes for example, so at least a single thing 😉

Edited by Lord_Janosch
typo
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, Lord_Janosch said:

They took stackable dyes for example, so at least a single thing 😉

they also renamed the cartel market crate rewards, to seperate them from the ones you
buy with cartel coins, because they have a locked loot.  

1 hour ago, fabsus said:

they also renamed the cartel market crate rewards, to seperate them from the ones you
buy with cartel coins, because they have a locked loot.  

Which packs are you talking about?

• 1 month later...

Another idea to further development of the GS comps and stories. A mails from them or reputation groups or mission's relevant people.
Like, why we didn't get a mail from Shadow Syndicate after maxing up reputation or making Altuur join the Syndicate?
Or mail from Messengers after maxing up rep and doing all missions for companion?
Or mail from the Republic/Imperial member depending on to what faction you sent the Sull Case (the guy the Companion wanted to deal with), to Republic or Empire and what was the consequence or something. Mails are nice, cool and cheap way of deepening the story.

SO my feedback would be, mails from relevant to story people or companions afterwards.

Edited by LanceDefender
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, BryantWood said:

Hey SWTOR community!

<Snip>

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Hello @BryantWoodI just finished GS4 this past week and wanted to share some more feedback I had!

Firstly, I want to say, while I loved the Underworld focus of Galactic Seasons 1-3, and the Force focus of Galactic Seasons 4, I think it would be nice to have a Sith/Republic/Zakuul Military focus for Galactic Seasons 5. Maybe the companion could be a Republic or Imperial officer that joins us, and maybe allow us to earn some more Imperial/Republic officer outfits from the GS vendors! 

Now on to my specific feedback:

1. I wasn't totally in love with GS1, but after the changes with GS2, I've been loving Galactic Seasons. I have a reason to group up for WB's now (Finally took down the Nightmare Pilgrim this season!) I've had a few... disagreements with the way some of the GS achievements work, but I touch on that below.

2. I do, but it would be nice if the companions spoke basic, or we could give them custom outfits, which I loved about Altuur! Maybe a humanoid species companion for GS5, or Maybe a G0-T0 droid from the KotOR era as a companion! Just something that isn't a companion speaking an alien language!

3. The fact that I was finally able to get more Ship Droid customizations made me so happy! However, as a player who has already gotten almost all of the Promotional items that are available on the GS vendors, there hasn't been much for me to buy in the last few seasons. Which is why I think we need more of... well. Everything! More companion customizations (especially for the companions from the 4.0-7.x era like Arcann, Lana, Theron, Senya and Koth, to just name a few), outfits like different Republic and Imperial Officer outfits, some of the rarer promo items like the various Cartel Coin Pets like the Juvenile Rancors, and the different Model fighters, as well as the old F2P Cross Promotional Pets like the LU-20 Builder and the N4-SW Runner, and the various May the Fourth pets.

4. I really have. I'm a mostly solo player, and only do PVP on one character during the Double XP events, or during the PVP seasons, so having some incentive to either join up for WB groups, or the Sparks of War groups has been great, especially to get some achievements I don't normally have. But, it would be nice to have some World Boss or Sparks of War objectives that are set on the daily area worlds like CZ-198, or Section X. The Dreadtooth achievements are all that I need left for Section X, so 

5. I've been able to complete the track all four seasons, and the Reputation track only twice. I've had no problem with both, but I do use the Reputation boost from the login rewards for the GS reputation track (I'll talk more about how I feel about the GS reputation below).

6. Since I tend to focus on solo objectives for the most part, I am able to do those in my own play sessions. Unless there is a group-specific one, then I tend to do those first.

7. For this, I have three pieces of feedback.

• 1. Increase the limit of GS tokens we have! Fifteen is too low, especially for players who already own the items on the GS vendors, and have no other things to buy!
  • 2. This goes with #1, and something I mentioned above. Bring back some of the past promotional items that were either not released (Like the TR-U4 Mini Pet from the Cartel Coin Cards), or have been released previously, but are not available now (Juvenile Rancors, and the different Model fighters from the Cartel Coin Cards, as well as the old F2P Cross Promotional Pets like the LU-20 Builder and the N4-SW Runner, and the various May the Fourth pets. And some outfits, or something!
  • 3. This has been some feedback I've had since GS2 started, but what is the point of having a Reputation track for the season if there is no reputation vendor?  As it is now, apart from the legacy titles, and the "Reach Legend Rank'' achievement for the season, there isn't much of a reason to finish the reputation tracks for the GS Reputations during or after the season ends. And if we can still earn the previous season's Reputation items when running with those previous seasons' companions, WHY can't we still earn the "Reach Legend Rank" achievements/Overall Season <X> achievements?

This is going to be a longshot, but here is what I suggest: Since we can still earn reputation items, and raise the reputation track for past GS seasons, as long as we are still using that companion, we should still be able to earn the "Reach Legend Rank" achievements AND the overall GS achievements that are tied to that Seasons character (Fen Zeil and "One With the Shadows/The Shadow of the Underworld" for GS2, PH4-LNX and "Authority on the Subject/Take The House" for GS3, and Amity and "Respected Guide/A Cold Throne of Solitude" for GS4). They are 0-point achievements anyways, so you wouldn't be taking something from any other player. And, if it's decided to rerun past Galactic Seasons, then it won't affect anything.

Also, there should be a Reputation vendor for all the GS Reputation tracks. The fact that there isn't a Reputation vendor doesn't make any sense to me and doesn't really match with the previous Reputation Tracks in the game. Maybe have some special customizations or items on the reputation vendor like a Fen Zeil customization where he is wearing a fedora, or a PH4-LNX customization that has her looking more like the GEMINI Droid she originally was. You know, something that makes leveling up the reputation worth it, if we can't get the reputation achievement

So far, I've been really happy with Galactic seasons as it, but the few things I've stated above have really bothered me. Part of me is hopeful that at least some of the suggestions I've made might happen.
  • Like 2

Can we just get xp for galactic seasons by doing any activity we want? Kind of tired of the game telling me what I need to do to progress through galactic seasons. 

Just make part of the xp we earn transfer over to the galactic season progress. Done. Let people play the game however they want and be rewarded for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still want a Dark Sided Astromech. T7 is great but he's not into the ways of the Darkside. Or even a Tusken Warlord Who wants to explore the Universe. Plus happens to follow the Trandoshan beliefs of the Scorekeeper. Welp, there it is you can have my idea. I think that it's good.

• 3 weeks later...

[How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?]

Fun but frustrating.

[Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?]

-My favorite objectives are still the ones to defeat world bosses because it is content I usually don't get to play.
-PVP and GSF objectives are OK, but the ones asking for medals are  still asking way too many, especially because it is not easy to get matches started (the que is not always active). In GSF, medal-hunting also alters people's play style to the point that the matches are frustrating.
-Flashpoints should always finish the objective with just one FP (maybe 2 if done in story mode), no matter whether it has a bonus boss or not. Any more than 1 per week is too many.
-The "sparks of war" objectives to kill 25 difficult enemies requires too many kills. None of the bases have enough of the required enemy type. On the higher-level planets they can take a long time to kill, even with a large amount of players. 10 or so would be a more reasonable number. (Whether it's 5 or 25, people will still solo the activity if they want, but it is a boring grind when the number is this high.)

-I'm disappointed there haven't been objectives related to ops other than R4, since ops and class stories are the main thing I want to play.

The number of points per objective don't actually make the longer ones more worthwhile, because the 100 objectives achievement only measures total number completed..

[Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?]

I've finished the track, but haven't had the chance to see the story with the companion, because I've been focused on completing 100 objectives for the achievement.

There are too many objectives expected per week for the length of time the Seasons runs.

I would like the list of OPTIONS to be about as varied as it is, but make it about 4 objectives per week instead of 7 (if you had time for 1 a day, you'd be able to spend the other half of your week doing other things in the game) and tie the bonus achievement to LESS than 100 objectives (when it only takes 60-70 objectives to run out of rewards on the track).

[How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?]

It gets in the much more often than lining up with what I want to play.

I'm not enjoying the feeling of running out of time, or of "getting behind" when I'm away from the game a week or two for summer vacations.

I could just stop trying for Seasons objectives, but then I'll be frustrated if I have half-finished armor sets I couldn't unlock in collections, etc., and that just makes me want to quit the game altogether.

[Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?]

-Make the old dyes purchasable for seasons tokens.
-Again: reduce the number of objectives per week.
-Start to cycle the different Seasons so new players have the opportunity to play the content, with a "new" season thrown in between previous ones.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:08 PM, KoriVash said:

Well you asked for such feedback after season 3.

Not sure you took a single thing said or made any such change from 3 to 4.

So just not going to bother doing this feedback thing again.

And yet ... here we are again.  With very little change ... AGAIN !

I guess I'll never understand the wall that stands between the developers and those who play the game.  It's very real!  AND when some changes are made (at the request of the community) ... those changes seem to always sway from one extreme to yet another extreme ... at the BEHEST of a good part of the community.  (See taxation thread[s] for proof).

I was kind of hoping that one day that would change for the better.  That somehow the GS series could not only be fun ... but a good thing for most everyone while providing stuff to do while awaiting the next story for SWTOR.

[/shrugs]

Obviously, I was seriously mistaken.  Not the first time ... and definitely WON'T be the last.

It's that time of year when even the fish are lethargic.  

🤦‍♂️

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, BryantWood said:

Hey SWTOR community!

We’re into the development stages of Galactic Season 4 now, so it’s a great time to gather your feedback! We want to hear your thoughts on Galactic Seasons and how they can be improved in the future.

To make this feedback request easier, here’s a quick recap of our Galactic Seasons system. 

What are Galactic Seasons?

Galactic Seasons is a reward track that aims to encourage players to explore various parts of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Galactic Seasons provides high-value rewards, centered around a new companion each season.

How do I make progress during a Galactic Season?

Progressing a Galactic Season requires earning Season Points. These points can be gained in a variety of ways to progress through the 100 levels of the reward track.

1. Each day players can earn Season Points by acquiring 25,000 Conquest Points.
  2. Each week players can complete up to 7 Season Objectives from a pool of 10 to earn larger amounts of Season Points.
    1. Season Objectives require the player to complete content such as Flashpoints, Operations, Daily Areas, PvP, Crafting, World Exploration, and more.
  3. Season Points are also rewarded as part of the Daily Login system.

What can I earn by playing a Galactic Season?

The Galactic Season reward tracks provides items such as

• New Companions
  • Companion customizations
  • Season armor set
  • Season mount
  • Cartel packs including Weapons, Armor, Mounts, Decorations, and Ultimate Cartel Packs
  • Galactic Seasons Tokens
  • Decorations
  • Titles
  • Cartel Coins
  • Dye Packs

How do I raise my Companion’s influence level and progress their reputation track when a season isn’t active?

Each seasonal companion comes paired with a Reputation Track related to their story. While that companion’s Galactic Season is active, players can earn reputation trophies from group content and defeating mobs around the galaxy. When the companion’s Galactic Season is not active players can still obtain reputation trophies by defeating mobs around the galaxy as long as that desired companion is fighting with you! To earn more influence for the companion players can defeat mobs around the galaxy or use the companion in crew skill activities.

What if I can’t play the entire season?

To be respectful of our players’ time, players who fall behind the pace of a season can use credits to Catch-Up some missed levels. This Catch-Up mechanic unlocks part way through the season, but players are only able to use Credits to purchase up to a defined level. Completing a Galactic Season will always require player effort. Players are also able to purchase ahead levels using Cartel Coins.

What Seasons have already happened?

If you want to revisit past seasons before making your responses, check out their launch articles here:

Galactic Season 1: The Stranger from Kubindi

Galactic Season 2: Shadows of the Underworld

Galactic Season 3: Luck of the Draw

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Please answer as many questions as you want! We’ll be gathering and using this feedback as we develop Season 4 and beyond to continue providing the best version of Galactic Seasons for our players.

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players. 

One goal of Galactic Seasons is to provide an opportunity for players to earn some Cartel Coins for their efforts in game. This helps players obtain Galactic Season rewards on alternate characters via Collections and allows players to experience the Cartel Market and the awesome armors, weapons, and other items the team creates. For this reason we rewarded Cartel Coins directly from the Galactic Seasons reward track. After a couple seasons’ worth of data, some things came to our attention. The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000, replaced the removed Cartel Coins with Ultimate Cartel Packs, and increased the Collections unlock prices to our standard prices. By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell. While reducing the Cartel Coins rewarded, we made sure to keep our goal that players can unlock all items earned during a Galactic Season in Collections for alternate characters. Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy. We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation. It’s our continued desire to provide the best experience in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Catch you later, I’m off to give a rundown of the Galaxy to our Season 4 companion!

Bryant

I can't help but to wonder when the last time this was not only read / reviewed but someone actually intended to listen to the response of the community.

• 4 months later...

It'll be a feedback about GS5, if there gonna be such post about feedback for GS5 I'll just copy paste it.

What I liked in the new season:
- Items like weapons or armor, mounts were really great. Theme was cool, imperial theme so it was really well done imo, even if half of things are just reskinned of older items.

- New and more decorations. Ye, decorations in this season were cool (not all of course, like waste receptacle), but introduction of more NPC decorations was great. I hope you will continue this in next seasons along with more themed other decorations.

What I didn't like:
- Again stupid reputation track, but this time even more pointless, because whole arc was not a real thing, ended even before reaching half of the track.

- Story was just a joke. Not funny one. I understand what you tried to do, but it didn't work. The whole arc would be far better if the story was done as real, serious arc, not some joke. So do more serious arcs...

- Lack of companion. I'm WHOLE against removing companion. Maybe companions were not that interesting, but at least it was something. I love collecting comps, especially if they look unique, have unique abilities and appear on Odessen. Even if season is meh, then at least we got companion that was "something", at least you were getting something relevant, even after story ends.
But now? Story ended like What the heck? No companion, no real ending. 3V-IL would be a good companion... Return companions, idea of eventually getting comps from races like Kel Dor or Selkath is something that was making me invest in GS. But now? I won't even grind for ultimate achievement, unlike in previous ones.

- Too many bonus items to gather reputation currency. Really? I have now like 6 of them and the only thing I can do is to destroy them. THey are useless. THey should be in Jawa on Fleet, not on the track. It's cheap filling track with meh items.

- Again no new interesting and worth investing rewards in vendor to spend tokens on. Omg, 3rd season in a row where I need to waste my tokens on things I don't want. Next season, give few new/reitred items. Is it that hard? AC-PT Walker Mount, GSF themed armors, more decorations (like starships, walkers, npcs, tech etc.), skins for CM companions (like, I'd want ARIES skin for Iokath droird form CM or Purifier skin for that droid KZ-something), reitired armors/weapons (like from 5.0?/Command Crates e.g GEMINI MK-5 Combat Tech) or something. Just give new stuff to buy!

No matter if you gonna return companions or not, make story last longer. Story was ending even before reaching 50lvl of GS track. Really? ANd rest of track is like grinding for nothing. Final reward on 100th level should be last story mission. So in general, more story missions that end while ending GS track.

Shame that there is no mails from characters related to GS. Now it makes less sense of course, but when we got companions, mails from them would give them more meaning, more depth.

Maybe will be editing this reply.

• 5 weeks later...

Ill just do the same here for gs5;)

A way too early Season 5 feedback for a possible upcoming season 6

First of all i really enjoyed the last one..especially the changes

There was /is no need for another companion imo..and i thought the little questline with the evil droid was fun..could have been longer

If u plan to bring another comp..id luv to have a proper voiced one with VAs in the three languages and an interesting backstory

Anyway ships are so crowded..im always afraid when i lift off^^

I dont need a reputation track tbh..especially if ist not even tied with rewards..just puts pressure on completionists and the only thing that it brings to the table are easy cq points

If it returns tho..a public „turn in spot“ like the one on the fleet is perfect ..way better than  our ships

But please consider to give out the „currency“ for pvp too..cuz it very often ties into objectives and pvp seasons anyway..so maybe 2 per game (seems reasonable considering a fp gives u 4 i guess)

I have always been pleased with the different tasks/objectives..adding ops is fine…

Really like how ist taking you different places every week=)

Just having fps and not the bonus bosses was fine too

But maybe there could be even more variety..e.g i never saw section x weeklys or makeb (i know its rather long but still)

And some make little sense timewise…e.g 1 times ossus weekly or 2 times oricon…just make it 1x oricon too..so both tasks are roughly the same time

Same with world bosses..i dont remember seeing the yavin walker or dreadtooth e.g

Named elites/champions too..they have been the same since season 2..i know some of em are tied to quests but if you could switch em up a little bit it would be nice..for these most wanted cheevos for new players

Speaking of rewards..i dont think you can please everyone..but i honestly found nice stuff for me every season…weapons and dyes especially..so looking forward to new stuff fand keep the quality=)

Tokens vendor could see some new stuff for sure..but honestly i dont know what..

but there have been a lot of good suggestions by the community in this post

...certainly im not alone with my wish to get a new stronghold

U could use rather new planets (like mesk-sha recently) like onderon or maybe underused but loved and nostalgic places like rakata prime , dantooine or dxun

Ooor a long requested beautyful icy shiny Ilum crystal cave for us or a very techy Iokath area ;)

On 12/3/2023 at 7:54 PM, LanceDefender said:

It'll be a feedback about GS5, if there gonna be such post about feedback for GS5 I'll just copy paste it.

What I liked in the new season:
- Items like weapons or armor, mounts were really great. Theme was cool, imperial theme so it was really well done imo, even if half of things are just reskinned of older items.

- New and more decorations. Ye, decorations in this season were cool (not all of course, like waste receptacle), but introduction of more NPC decorations was great. I hope you will continue this in next seasons along with more themed other decorations.

What I didn't like:
- Again stupid reputation track, but this time even more pointless, because whole arc was not a real thing, ended even before reaching half of the track.

- Story was just a joke. Not funny one. I understand what you tried to do, but it didn't work. The whole arc would be far better if the story was done as real, serious arc, not some joke. So do more serious arcs...

- Lack of companion. I'm WHOLE against removing companion. Maybe companions were not that interesting, but at least it was something. I love collecting comps, especially if they look unique, have unique abilities and appear on Odessen. Even if season is meh, then at least we got companion that was "something", at least you were getting something relevant, even after story ends.
But now? Story ended like What the heck? No companion, no real ending. 3V-IL would be a good companion... Return companions, idea of eventually getting comps from races like Kel Dor or Selkath is something that was making me invest in GS. But now? I won't even grind for ultimate achievement, unlike in previous ones.

- Too many bonus items to gather reputation currency. Really? I have now like 6 of them and the only thing I can do is to destroy them. THey are useless. THey should be in Jawa on Fleet, not on the track. It's cheap filling track with meh items.

- Again no new interesting and worth investing rewards in vendor to spend tokens on. Omg, 3rd season in a row where I need to waste my tokens on things I don't want. Next season, give few new/reitred items. Is it that hard? AC-PT Walker Mount, GSF themed armors, more decorations (like starships, walkers, npcs, tech etc.), skins for CM companions (like, I'd want ARIES skin for Iokath droird form CM or Purifier skin for that droid KZ-something), reitired armors/weapons (like from 5.0?/Command Crates e.g GEMINI MK-5 Combat Tech) or something. Just give new stuff to buy!

No matter if you gonna return companions or not, make story last longer. Story was ending even before reaching 50lvl of GS track. Really? ANd rest of track is like grinding for nothing. Final reward on 100th level should be last story mission. So in general, more story missions that end while ending GS track.

Shame that there is no mails from characters related to GS. Now it makes less sense of course, but when we got companions, mails from them would give them more meaning, more depth.

Maybe will be editing this reply.

last thing we need is the 500th companion added to a list of unused companions 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

last thing we need is the 500th companion added to a list of unused companions 

Make companions optional \ give people the ability to kill or dismiss them forever, everybody will be happy.

I want a new one.

4 minutes ago, juliushorst said:

give people the ability to kill or dismiss them forever

Even if you kill companions they stay in your contacts forever and clutter up the menu. Until they finally overhaul the companion window, I am absolutely against any new ones. 

20 minutes ago, Whykara said:

Even if you kill companions they stay in your contacts forever and clutter up the menu. Until they finally overhaul the companion window, I am absolutely against any new ones. 

If the companions were at least special, had unique skills or roles assigned to them, I would understand adding more, but they are all the same. One companion that can be set as dps/tank/heal with another skin x50.

On 1/4/2024 at 1:51 PM, Whykara said:

The way I i magine it, you simply destroy the item that gives you the companion and never hear about it again. Or at the end of the quest the companion disappears if you don't recruit him - so, for example, if at the end of season 5 questline they gave you an option to recruit Umbral and if you don't the quest just ends the way it does now without adding anything to the menu.

Edited by juliushorst