Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

18 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

The problem is that paying to win is a question of kind, not degree.

Once we accept a toe over that line, the violation creeps forward over time.

Structurally, we're in an ugly place.

What exactly is the cheat code that the ppl who pay for the season recieve that a normal player who plays through the track gets deprived of? 

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

What exactly is the cheat code that the ppl who pay for the season recieve that a normal player who plays through the track gets deprived of? 

The problem: Gear upgrade mats and endgame Aug mats are for sale.

The red herring: You can grind for them instead.

Monetized grinds have one purpose: to frustrate players into cash sales. Today's grind may be mildly tuned, but tomorrow's won't.

Structure matters.

Edited by FlatTax
Clarity

6 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Samcuu,

You are in danger of falling down a rabbit hole -- a very deep one. After years of viewing the forums and once or twice trying to engage FlatTax on the subject, I've come the realization there is no point.

FlatTax, I'm not saying you're wrong per se and I'm not criticizing you as a person, but it is futile to discuss this subject with you because we define terms differently. In my mind (and I think most given the replies you have received over [literally] years), we disagree on what I consider to be a categorical and definitional distinction between Pay to Advance (P2A) vs. Pay to Win (P2W).

I admire your persistence but Samcuu is absolutely correct that Galactic Seasons can benefit Whales with some early acquisition of a few Commendations and a paltry amount Tech Fragments. His broader point remains: Galactic Seasons is very easy to complete with minimal effort. I reach the cap on Commendations, for example, usually by Friday.

But it is a difference of degree. Until you can purchase Tech Fragments, FP Stabilizers, OP, and WZ tokens there is no way to acquire the best equipment through currencies here on planet Earth and not digital currencies in fictional galaxy far, far away. That is simply a fact. You could make a minor point about Augments, but those are also capable of being earned through normal gameplay.

But as DreadTechSavant notes, you will turn any and every thread into your cause. That's completely fine, but I only type the above because it's a fool's errand to discuss this with you because we define terms differently.

Bottom line: SWTOR is one of the least P2W games I play.

Edit: Having now just read FlatTax's reply to you, I would simply note the following: 1) It is an explicit admission that it is a question of degree vice kind; and 2) FlatTax has been saying (literally) for years now that SWTOR is on a dangerous slippery slope, redlines and the rubicon will be crosssed. It hasn't happened and there is no evidence to suggest it will (see my point about Tech Frags and other currencies.)

As for subject at hand: 1) Make dyes stackable; and 2) New companions are fine, but somewhat superfluous. I understand for finanical reasons it's probably much cheaper to have computer-generated voices as opposed to hiring humans in three languages, but at some point the law of diminishing returns will set in.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty 

Edited by Jdast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jdast said:

Edit: Having now just read FlatTax's reply to you, I would simply note the following: 1) It is an explicit admission that it is a question of degree vice kind; and 2) FlatTax has been saying (literally) for years now that SWTOR is on a dangerous slippery slope, redlines and the rubicon will be crosssed. It hasn't happened and there is no evidence to suggest it will (see my point about Tech Frags and other currencies.)

I said the opposite: It is a question of kind, and *not* degree.

Red lines have been crossed, and the slide is also happening. Pre-GS, cash was already leaking into all core systems.

Post-GS, we have the direct sale of Aug and Upgrade mats. It introduced a mobile-style timer on a monetized grind.

With the new season, we have fewer CCs and increased unlock costs.

It's right in front of us.

Whether or not anyone else gets it, EA gets it.

Edited by FlatTax
Clarity
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:50 AM, varietasplus said:

your greedyness

they are giving stuff for free, dude

if you're a cheapskate or can't afford stuff via CM and have to grind GS to buy something, it's not BW's greedyness

On 1/20/2023 at 3:50 AM, varietasplus said:

Kick the designer of season weapons/armors

I'd rather suggest to give him a payrise as the dude is doing free stuff, and the GS3 armour was really neat and allowed me to diverisfy some of comp's outfits.

2 hours ago, FlatTax said:

The problem: Gear upgrade mats and endgame Aug mats are for sale.

They are for sale for ppl who want to give bioware money cuz they are lazy otherwise those same mats are available to every other subscriber in the game so there's no advantage. Reminds me of the old bumper sticker you'd see on cars. A** grass or gas nobody rides for free. Multiple ways to skin the gear cat. 

And as to ur second point, it has no base. Seasons rewards players for doing the things they like to do in game and a few other things that are added content. As I said before I've personally done a minimal effort and I'm level 100 on two servers. It's a gg ez my dood lmaoooo.

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

Samcuu,

You are in danger of falling down a rabbit hole -- a very deep one. After years of viewing the forums and once or twice trying to engage FlatTax on the subject, I've come the realization there is no point.

FlatTax, I'm not saying you're wrong per se and I'm not criticizing you as a person, but it is futile to discuss this subject with you because we define terms differently. In my mind (and I think most given the replies you have received over (literally) years), we disagree on what I consider to be a categorical and definitional distinction between Play to Advance (P2A) vs. Play to Win (P2W).

I admire your persistence but Samcuu is absolutely correct that Galactic Seasons can benefit Whales with some early acquisition of a few Commendations and a paltry amount Tech Fragments. His broader point remains: Galactic Seasons is very easy to complete with minimal effort. I reach the cap on Commendations, for example, usually by Friday.

But it is a difference of degree. Until you can purchase Tech Fragments, FP Stabilizers, OP, and WZ tokens there is no way to acquire the best equipment through currencies here on planet Earth and not digital currencies in fictional galaxy far, far away. That is simply a fact. You could make a minor point about Augments, but those are also capable of being earned through normal gameplay.

But as DreadTechSavant notes, you will turn any and every thread into your cause. That's completely fine, but I only type the above because it's a fool's errand to discuss this with you because we define terms differently.

Bottom line: SWTOR is one of the least P2W games I play.

As for subject at hand: 1) Make dyes stackable; and 2) New companions are fine, but somewhat superfluous. I understand for finanical reasons it's probably much cheaper to have computer-generated voices as opposed to hiring humans in three languages, but at some point the law of diminishing returns will set in.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty 

Nailed it on all counts!  (Particularly the part of EA business practices in SWTOR).  It should be noted that I do not agree with some of their choices (ie: eliminating companions primarily due to cost savings) ... but on the other hand I do not believe that we are seeing P2W on any sort of major scale (unlike some games such as STO).  

In any case: 
   I do believe that there are a number of sound suggestions in this thread to which I genuinely hope that are not just read over but implemented.  IMO some of the most pressing and appropriate matters of concern are:
** Stackable dyes (this has been mentioned repeatedly ... and justifiably so)
** Companions that are being submitted through GS while some like them ... many feel as you and I do that they are, in fact "superfluous".  And I do like your analysis of diminish and return.  This is a sound point to be made.   While these non-interactive computers generated (if any voice at all) may be initially cheaper ... IMO a LOT of folks will lose interest and those of us who already don't like them will become increasingly more disenchanted with the entire GS segment of SWTOR. 
** There has been a good number of suggestions made as to some future items to make available for GS rewards and items available to actually spend the GS coins on.  This is a must.  With the exception of one item, I literally have nothing to spend on the current GS category.  Everything listed this past week has been made available to all of my alts through the CM.  Soooo we end up throwing away coins on something that is totally useless.  This makes at least a part of the GS experience LITTERALLY USELESS!!
** Accessibility for the entire season should be well balanced and equally playable by just about everyone who is subbed.  I realize that those who are not subbed are at something of a disadvantage ... BUT is this not one of the perks for being a subscriber? (Having better access to the entire game).

I personally look forward to the next GS series and sincerely hope that this thread is taken to heart by the team!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, BryantWood said:

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

I'd like to share numerous thoughts of my own and reinforce some already mentioned in this thread.

Galactic Seasons 1 did a great job of offering previously obtainable rewards from companions, subscription rewards, and new strongholds. Since then, there haven't been many new items added to the vendor. Currently, I am sitting at the maximum 15 Galactic Season token currency cap on the five servers with extra tokens that I cannot claim from the reward track. I assume many other players are in a similar position on at least one server, and to encourage people to participate in Season Four and beyond, I strongly recommend adding items to the Supply Section rotational vendor. Here are some suggestions:

Color Crystals:

• Advanced Black-Purple Striated Crystal Lockbox 
    This was a subscriber reward from March 2015
  • SE Black-Green Color Crystal
    Special Edition crystal from Razer
  • Advanced Black-Yellow Fortitude Crystal
    Pre-order Crystal from 2011

Emotes:

• Think
  • Typing
  • Golf Swing
    All three of these emotes have been in the Collections tab for a long time with no way to obtain

Pets:

• Model Flashfire
  • Model M-7 Razorwire
  • Model S-12 Blackbolt
  • Model GSS-3 Mangler
  • Juvenile Makrin Creeper
  • Minimech CE
  • LU-20 Builder
  • N4-S2 Runner
  • Arctic Manka Lynx
  • Umbral Blurrg
  • Forest Nekarr Cat
  • Gilded Flutterplume
  • Lobelode
  • Model Novadive
  • F5-SC Fighter
  • Juvenile Savannah
  • Juvenile Canyon Rancor
  • Juvenile Marsh Rancor
  • Juvenile Nocturnal Rancor
  • Juvenile Bull Rancor
  • Juvenile Tyrant Rancor
  • Zonian Monkey-Lizard
  • MT-4T Astromech Droid
  • TR-U4 Astromech Droid
  • MB-7 Micro-Defender Droid
  • PL-2G Defender Droid

All of these pets have been in the Collections tab for a long time with no way to obtain. Some are the Iconic spaceships from Galactic Starfighter which is surprising that they are impossible to get. Many of the other pets listed are from discontinued Cartel Coin codes from various websites in North America and Europe, as well as retail stores that have closed. The remaining pets are mostly from discontinued promotions.

Mounts:

• Prinawe Aggregate
  • Prinawe Collective
  • Prinawe Congregate
  • Prinawe Junction
  • Prinawe Union

All of these mounts have been in the Collections tab for a long time with no way to obtain. These mounts were apart of the various Star Wars Celebration Cantina events from Seattle, Germany, Anaheim, San Diego, and New York.

Companions:

• Altuur Zok Adon
  • Fen Zeil

Since the conclusion of the first two seasons, there is no way to get these unique companions and experience their storylines. I understand that part of the appeal of Galactic Seasons is rewards are time-gated, but these companions have achievement points tied to them.

Miscellaneous: 

• Party Jawa

From the launch of Free-to-Play

• Hutt Trainer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Pre-Order

• Title: The Seasoned Veteran

Unobtainable title in the Collections tab

• First Grand Statue of Mandalore

This is an ultra-rare decoration only available from the Cantina Crate. From my research on various discussion threads, its drop chance is 0.1%. I have opened 492 Cantina Crates on my account and have yet to get this.

• Ambassador Curiosities

This is a rotating Weekly Login bonus reward and is in a similar vein as Galactic Seasons already; it pertains to events. They are used to purchase expensive rewards on the Cartel Bazaar vendors.

• Stronghold Label: Galactic Stronghold

This was a reward for being subscribed for the launch of Galactic Strongholds in 2014

• Czerka Prototype C8-0-M4T

This is an ultra-rare toy only available from the Czerka Care Package crate. Its drop chance is 2% via the item description, and you can earn one per month. Since there is a 10 point achievement in Possessions for winning this, I think there should be a way to purchase it outright.

• Rampage Achievement Boost

This is a login reward that doubles your progress on the various rampage achievements in the game

• CM-1337

This is a rare crafting material for the Superior Augment 77s

• Recovered Relics

This is a rare currency thats drop rate has been mistakenly reduced since 5.0 for the Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion flashpoints

• PvP Seasons Token

This is the new PvP Currency used to purchase new and replica PvP Rewards

I hope to see these items get added to the Galactic Season Supplies Vendor in the future! With a lot of players capped at 15 Season Tokens, it is a good idea to add more rewards to incentive playing in the future seasons. Let me know if anyone has suggestions for other items.

• Like 6

To the above reply about non-seasonal vendor. I'd suggest also about returning the two unique armors that were given back when GSF started.
https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/imperial-battle-ace-pilot/
https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/imperial-covert-pilot/
https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/republic-squadron-commander-pilot/
https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/republic-experimental-pilot/

I
'd love to get those neon pilot armors (Imperial Covert Pilot and Republic Experimental Pilot) But all 4 could/should return as obtainable. Definitely would spend my tokens on those.

• Like 1

I'm going to have some ambitious suggestions. Brace yourselves.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

Overall it adds to my enjoyment of the game.

1. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

If there is anything I'd like to see improved with G.S. companions would be it.

The cut scenes, where my toon has no voice and all you see is his/her butt.... Boring. I space bar through them as fast as I can. Add to that none of the companions speak basic and I space bar though them even faster.

I get that fully fleshing companions out is going to take time and money. Getting the voice actors for the character classes, getting a voice actor for the companion, more animation. That is a legit thing, but also legit is that I'm paying for this game. Fleshed out cut scenes are something I want for my money. You have time and you have my money. Get up on it.

I think the first quest to get the companion should be short and simple. Maybe 10 minutes of game time. After that I'd like to see two more quest for the new companion that are more involved. Thirty to 60 minutes of playing time.

And then with each new G.S. a new 30-60 minute quest for each G.S. companion. Keep building their personalities and stories. After all, since I can only send 8 companions out on crew skills and I can only have one active companion at a time the G.S. companions don't really add much to the game unless they have quests and personalities.

Reality check - when we hit G.S. 10 having a new quest for every G.S. companion every G.S. might be too demanding. Maybe each G.S. a new quest (of substance) for one of the past G.S. companions.

Human companions. That speak basic. And can Space Barbie. Why do companions not have outfit slots - which I would pay C.C. for? Do you hate money?

Favourite companion so far... None of them. Least favourite, the current overly verbose droid who relates everything to gambling but claims to not have an addiction.

I like my companions to talk, but not this much.

1. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I like the dyes. I don't like that the dyes don't stack. Make them stackable. Or better yet - maybe better yet, there could be an aspect of this I haven't thought through - make dyes store in the crafting inventory. Then they can be easily accessed by all the toons on an account.

Instead of Cartel Packs just give us Cartel Coins. I read the bit about inflation. You don't seem to understand economics. However if you really think too many C.C. are the problem then give me less Cartel Coins. Give me almost anything other than Cartel items I don't want. Why? I don't want them. That's why.

I like the armour sets as a concept. So far the armour sets haven't been spectacular in my evaluation. The game needs more shorts, knee skirts, and tank tops. Needs less mandatory hoods. Need more groovy boots. I know “groovy” is subjective.

Weapons this season didn't do much for me. I liked G.S. 1 and 2 weapons much better.

I like getting decos and mounts as a concept. They are hit and miss individually.

1. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

That whole “catch the cheating gamblers” thing - boring. I made one attempt at that and never again. Give us real missions.

I enjoy the World Boss activities as it gets me teamed up with other players.

I like doing the flashpoints. Though I only do the ones worth multiple points as the single point flashpoints aren't worth my time investment.

I would like to see more of the “complete X number of missions as a dark/light side class” objectives. Ideally one of those each week and rotate them around.

1. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

I have had no problem completing G.S. I finished the current season 3 weeks ago. The timing is about right for me. Especially since some weeks I have “much” playing time and some weeks I have little or no playing time.

1. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

I am a solo player, focused on story. Certainly not all the G.S. activities fit into that framework but I think enough of them have. There has to be objectives that appeal to everyone. For me the objectives are working well with what I'd like to be doing.

1. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Why is there a reputation track but no reputation vendor and nothing to buy? Give us something here? Reputation dyes, armour, weapons, new crafting schematics for the previously mentioned - and more.

Fact: Crafting is broken. Fact: You want to create credit sinks to combat inflation. Giving us something new/interesting to craft might sink some credits into running crew missions. Or it might not. I'm spit balling here.

Overall the rewards this season were the least interesting to me of all the G.S. so far.

Making the missions weekly instead of daily as in G.S. 1 made the whole thing much better. The daily system was terrible for those of us with limited time to play.

Need more to spend Galactic Season Tokens on - or raise the cap. I have 14 G.S.T. now and there is nothing I want to spend them on. How about more strongholds? And raising the cap on strongholds? I can't emphasize how much this falls into the “not good” category. Give us a higher cap or something to spend these bloody things on that is worth having.

Let me sell these useless G.S. Tokens for Cartel Coins.

Let me trade G.S. Token for Reputation Tokens for any of the other Reputation Tracks.

G.S. Tokens are totally useless to me at this point.

G.S. rewards unlock cost should be lower.

It seems to me the biggest reward of each season is the new companion. I would like to see the companions more fully developed as I outlined above. I'd even take less of every other form of reward if I got more companion quality - quests, personality, proper cut scenes, dark/light points, speaking English, Space Barbie capable.

Bloody hell why do you not have outfit slots for companions. I'd pay C.C. for that. I know you hate the players of your game, but do you hate money as well?

Idea of questionable merit: G.S. is based on one planet. You meet the new companion on that planet and have a series of missions on that planet. All the rewards themed to that world. I can see some potential problems with this but I'm spit balling again. Would really like to see a Sith companion and missions on Dromund Kass and Korriban - but what do you do about Pub side characters in that instance?

Edited by Gwangii
  • Like 1

Please, put companions from past season to the vendor so we could buy them with tokens, or possibly to the cartel market.  Currently my season 2 reputation will be stuck in half way forever, since I never unlocked the companion, but got some reputation to the reward track by returning some of those tokens after season 2 ended.

This topic have more info and discussion about the stuck reputation track issue if you are interested: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926579-will-i-ever-be-able-to-fully-finish-my-partly-completed-shadow-syncidate-reputation/

Thank you for asking and listening to feedback ❤

• Like 1

1. Quote

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

I am enjoying the Galactic Seasons a lot.

2. Quote

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

Yes, they are interesting and some offer Alien types, I did not have as Companions before (season 1 and 2). I like Fen Zeil best, so far. I wish, there was more story / missions involved.

3. Quote

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I like the variety of rewards. Getting packs instead of some of the CC seems OK to me. I especially like, that decorations come in stacks of 10 instead of just one piece. As some others already suggested: Please make dyes stackable! As for new reward types. What about large bags of crafting materials? Or customizations for story companions in the color schemes of the season armor? Especially for companions not using Armor. I don't think there was a weapon tuning yet.

4. Quote

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

The seasons lets me play, what I want to play. That is very OK with me. If I want to get more points in a week, I can try out stuff I do not usually dabble in, like Flashpoints or World bosses.

5. Quote

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes for seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 will be complete in about 3 or 4 weeks. Even a casual gamer like me can complete a season during its run, so I think the required effort is alright.

6. Quote

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Hmm, this is similar to question number 4. I can do, what I like to advance the season. It does not keep me from doing anything.

7. Quote

Keep them coming! Please continue running Galactic seasons with short pauses inbetween them, like season 2 and 3. During Seasons 1 and 2, when I was continually subscribed, I would have liked a higher weekly reputation cap to reach the maximum inside the respective Season.

• How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
    In the current iteration, I'm ambivalent. It's just another hamster wheel.

• Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
    I really don't care about the companions. "Oh look, another cookie-cutter bot that does all the same things as the other bajillion companion bots I already have."

• Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
    I like the deco crates. The season-specific decos have been hit-and-miss. The S2 outfits and weapons were very nice. I like the S3 jacket, but the weapons were underwhelming. +1 to the "PLEASE make the dyes stack" opinion. My storage alt is running out of cargo space.

• Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
    Ambivalent. Most of it completes during my regular play, or we organize a guild event to snag the group objectives.
  • Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
    See above. I didn't put much effort into this season (ignoring the 100-weekly objective) because I found the theme uninspiring and had less free time to play overall.
  • How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
    See above.

• Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    So... about those unlock costs. Please reduce them. I don't think you needed to reduce CC and increase the unlock costs on the Seasons track. I think the reduction in CC was enough. The increased unlock costs feel like a penalty added onto the reward items from the track. Companions gained from subscriber rewards showed up in your mailbox. Altuur and Fen asked for 10cc (negligible). PH4-LNX wants you to pay substantially more for the same effort. These are not cash shop items. They are rewards for playing, and their unlocks should be priced accordingly.

My only other note is that after several seasons, this hamster wheel is fading into the background. "Oh, that's a thing that exists." Some folks care, but I didn't find this season inspiring enough to overcome my broader ambivalence for the state of the game.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:58 PM, BryantWood said:

The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

More precisely: to your surprise. The solution would have been to force players to pick the only server they get the cartel coint grants in the current galactic season instead of removing it from the rewards alltogether. You killed the incentive for most just to negate an unnoticable effect cause by only a few.

And no, it had nothing to do with inflation, on the contrary. You have zero understanding of how economy works. First, you have to sterilize the credits from the game micro-oeconomy by creating hugh credit sinks (legacy unlocks, purchasable dyes, mats and other CM/QoL items), so that people have incentive to exchange their goods for credits. Second, you have to give CC to players to provide the source for supply to meat demand to break down prices on the GTN for spending the credits. So exactly the opposite of what you are doing - No wonder nothing has changed during GS3.

Edited by varietasplus

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

I'm quite happy overall, it's been a fun system to engage with and mix things up from week to week.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I'm pretty indifferent to the companions so far. I like Phalanx* the most, she has a more interesting backstory than Fen's criminal enforcement or Altur's... whatever his deal is. More companions that shine a light on old, neglected storylines would be great.

I'd also love a companion with customizable armor. I know you don't want Theron showing up in cutscenes in a lime green bodysuit (even though I happen to think it's quite fetching on him) but a non-story, side-content-only companion doesn't need that limitation. It'd also be nice to get companions from more neglected species. (Did you know there's no Mirialan companion?)

A more out-there request: maybe pre-KotFE companions who were only brought back for their respective origins could make their way to GS for the rest of us? e.g., Risha, Vector, Mako etc. I don't know quite how that would work for characters who already have them, but I'm sure unlocking them for more characters, and having a few story conversations and some themed cosmetics, would be appreciated.

* Side note: I wish whoever keeps naming droids things like PH4-LYX would learn that it's not 2003 and nobody but MMO designers uses l33t sp34k any more. <.<

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

The type of rewards is more or less what I'd like to see included, however, I'm not as enthusiastic about the specific appearances of cosmetics (armor sets, weapons, decorations) - they need more style!

I'd also second the notes for a) stackable dyes and b) either fewer GS tokens, or more rewards for them! I've had trouble making room in my inventory for new ones.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I've generally enjoyed most of the content choices. I had a space battle objective a few weeks ago and was actually pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. (Finally, all those extra fleet comms from GSF came in handy.)

I don't mind GSF in general but I dislike the "earn medals" objective - the limits in what kind of medals you can earn basically means you end up camping satellites in each match until you're finished, which isn't very exciting and, I'm sure, isn't too popular with people who actually want to play GSF.

I also find there's an annoying tension with flashpoint objectives between picking the ones you want to do for the objective, and picking all flashpoints for the weekly. Maybe if match-made FPs gave a little extra credit (2 points instead of 1?) so that there was a good chance of finishing in the same amount of effort as a weekly, it would be better? For comparison, the "complete GSF matches" and "complete warzone matches" objectives usually take as long to complete as their respective weeklies.

In the last season, I found I haven't completed many world boss objectives. There just aren't enough groups and, for some bosses, the odds of getting a group that can actually complete it are too low for these to be part of my usual rotation.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

I think the amount of effort per week is about where it should be. I'm neutral on whether the number of weeks completed per season is right. Maybe it could be a bit shorter?

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

To the contrary, I find I pretty much only do content that's part of the season, and when I run out of that I tend to go back to leveling alts.

Rewards should be like... 150% more stylish, especially armor sets.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, CliffRedemption said:

Companions:

• Altuur Zok Adon
  • Fen Zeil

Since the conclusion of the first two seasons, there is no way to get these unique companions and experience their storylines. I understand that part of the appeal of Galactic Seasons is rewards are time-gated, but these companions have achievement points tied to them.

I hope to see these items get added to the Galactic Season Supplies Vendor in the future! With a lot of players capped at 15 Season Tokens, it is a good idea to add more rewards to incentive playing in the future seasons. Let me know if anyone has suggestions for other items.

I cut a little bit, because for me it is very important to get Altuur Zok Adon.

I personally had a bad working accident and was nearly 4 years in mexiko in hospital and rehab after i can go home to my homeland.

In this time my swtor sub finished and i dont play this game (simply i cant play).

I ask support and they write to me "Altuur Zok Adon" will be in weekly change to the vendor of the fleet (sadly it was not the truth).

I ask again support after season 2 was finish what is with Altuur Zok Adon and they write again... he will come in season 3 in weekly changes to the vendor (sadly the weekly changes are the same like season 2).

So i hope now that Altuur Zok Adon will be available in season 4 like CliffRedemtion want him to.

Many others want him also.

- one thing i would also like to see.... increase the limit of season tokens. i am now also on cap and if the new season starts, i cant claim tokens. this is something people frustrate and they maybe finish this game. people want to be happy and happy people put more money inside this game and more money means.... new content and the game dont die.

PS: Sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i mean because english isnt my native language.

• How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  • Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  • Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  • Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  • Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  • How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  • Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

1. Yes. I like it the way it is.

2. Don't really care for companions, but Shae Vizla is the best Companion for flat DPS

3. Honestly yes. I like the armor, I like the weapons, I like the Strongholds, I like the mounts, I like that I can obtain things like HK Helmet which I previously missed out on. I want to see more content rather than more rewards, but I'd start with adding reputation vendors to already existing reputations. Like armors, mounts, decorations idk.

4. I wish to see more worldbosses, while less objectives I can solo

5. I have completed it long ago, its fine.

6. I am doing the content only for the season, there just isn't any content I haven't completed and so I'm kinda just messing around. Farming mounts and titles mostly.

7. Keep them simple. Don't make them complicated. Add more content and build on this content, doesn't even have to be good. I like a generic daily area with no story I just go there and beat up 50 bad dudes and bam done, just like CZ-198

• Like 1

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? - yes. It makes me want to log in every week until I've completed the objectives, then the brake between is enough to enjoy the next. Despite all the comments below, it's a fantastic addtion to the game.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far? Given the amount of companions available, prefer something that makes a companion different. I enjoy anything story related which includes voice lines from a companion, and also the customisation is nice (the extra 1 in season 2 kept me playing longer to get, although a version with a hat would be better haha). Fenn for story and customisation I liked the most, but Atuul for the ability set and potential long term use. Perhaps consider:
    a) Companion with unique ability in certain role
    b) Companion with bonus for certain game mode, eg presence boost when not in a group / in a group of 2, does more damage to certain enemy types etc
    c) Existing companion / character with some kind of elite track / customisations eg Lana (could build in ideas from above as upgrades to a key existing companion, whether flavour or power related)
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track? Mostly doing for the companion related ones. Other things are ok, some of the mounts have been nice. A season colour crystal & tuning would be nice, and perhaps something guild related?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less? Very rarely can't happily complete from the options, like that choices allow complete skip of something I don't want to do. Personally I mostly (but not always) skip crafting / starfighter / GSI. I highly value being able to complete 5/7 in a single play session, with others not requiring more than a 2nd so I have flexibility when I do them.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? I've completed all 3 in terms of the level 100, and season 2 I continued for rep and mission count for the customisation, which I'm doing again now for season 3. Timing has felt fine. Would be nice to have some kind of extra repeatable reward level while I'm grinding the rep / mission total achievements just so it feels a little more meaningful - maybe linked to some kind of currency to buy seasonal items (different to current)
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy? Currently I play SWTOR FOR the season. That is most of the reason I log in (not always, but high %). It's kept me engaged more than I was before.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? Something linked to faction rep grind. Story/mission unlock is excellent but has felt a little too brief a moment for the effort to rep up, and going to a person to hand in items etc who offers nothing feels strange. Themed companion customisations for your base companions could be fun, maybe profession based recipes (could help given lack of recent development there) maybe some kind of season STIM eg massive presence buff when playing with the seasonal companion for 1hr. OR make the story bigger, so that moment is more exciting and has some reward.
    Essentially anything that immerses you more into the theme of the season, makes it feel meaningful and impactful, and preferably with something cosmetic that is not available afterwards (at least for a few years) that marks the event.
    Season tokens could do with more options, I'm spending just to avoid wasting. If no other option just something to sink them into like exchange for other in game tokens or high end mats.
    Stack anything being given in high numbers (eg dyes)

Did enyoy it, good system.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
    So far did GS 2 & 3, its a question of personal taste I think. So far I like them, but they are not number one so to speak. Realy would like to see they have more missions/conversations/story and unique abilities.
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
    Again, question of one taste, overall like them (both from track and tokens). The (Fleet)strongholds where a good thing i did go for. Sad to see the cheating with the cartel coins. Where I am concarned wouldn't mind if CC disappeared. They are welkom, but play game for fun, not to "make money fast". But I'am probably a minoraty here, LOL.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
    Fine by me
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
    The track I finished well before end of season. The reputation track I am struggling some what, but think i will manage to end it before end of season. The reputaion has probably to do with my paying style !? But I had to catch on with de reputaion buff items. This while I am online a lot. A little bit more reserve perhaps welcome? The reputation did help me with conquest a lot. So is most welkom. Do play for 10 years now, and have most of the reputation tracks done, except the new ones.    
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
    Does fit in mostly, I do some other things as normal for the weekly's, but see that as a positive.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    If rewards come in larger quantities(f.e.deyes) make them stack please.
    Perhaps more rare crafting material can be added, just a suggestion.
    Companion on ship; prefer to have them on one of the planets. Don't mind travel. Don't mind searching among a platoon of other players cultivating roots and driving their speeder over me while i'am doing bussiness with NPC. And no, this isn't ment sarcasticly.☺️

Make better objectives for Galatic Seasons. No one gives a flying rat's butt about GSF, Uprisings, or Warzones. Take those out of the objectives. Also, not everyone has the ability to craft war supplies. Take those out.

There are other pathetic ones too, such as go to planet and kill 2 named NPCs as pub, and then go to same planet and kill 2named NPCs as imp. Those are pathetic.

Make SD-0 and The First a weekly objective, every single week. These bosses are already a conquest weekly, but no one cares about conquests, so it's rare to ever do these bosses.

STOP CAPPING GAME MODULES. I am always at 200.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Make better objectives for Galatic Seasons. No one gives a flying rat's butt about GSF, Uprisings, or Warzones. Take those out of the objectives. Also, not everyone has the ability to craft war supplies. Take those out.

There are other pathetic ones too, such as go to planet and kill 2 named NPCs as pub, and then go to same planet and kill 2named NPCs as imp. Those are pathetic.

Make SD-0 and The First a weekly objective, every single week. These bosses are already a conquest weekly, but no one cares about conquests, so it's rare to ever do these bosses.

STOP CAPPING GAME MODULES. I am always at 200.

I disagree with nearly everything here. GSF and Uprising i almost never do, but warzones are popular all day long. "Not everyone has the ability to craft war supplies", what do you mean here? All the materials for them are simply found on the ground at planets, except for some vendor materials for dark projects. It's the simplest objective of all considering you can prepare for it before the week starts. Also the named npc encourages me to go to the other faction and play a bit since I main one faction the most.

I'd like to know your suggestions for new objectives since you're asking to remove like half of them. (In my feedback post I also asked for more new objectives since S3 is almost copy pasted from S2)

Edited by kekrot
  • Like 3

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players. 

One thing of importance...

GS3 is halfway done! Players have been asking about this since day one, not counting those who suspected it before it started. People will accept this explanation or not, that's a given and nothing can be done about that, but if you had published this explanation during the first week (let's be real, this is your job, all of you knew players would complain about it since the meeting in which you decided to take this decision) nobody would have complained about "the devs not paying attention to the community" with reason, as so many people are doing.

Work's a pain, but dropping by into the forums from time to time to answer questions, address the current controversy, and say "hi! we're working on something ;)" would improve the general mood of players, at least that's my opinion. 

I know none of the devs will read this since it's so set in stone, but i might as well try and voice my lack of approval. The removal of CC, hike in Collection cost and addition of packs was stupid.

With coins i know i can definately put those towards something. 4k CC could easily net me the Collector's vendor and an armor set for an alt. It'll leave me with a few hundred CC for Collections. But halving the CC and upping the Collection cost ruined those plans. In exchange i got RNG.

The packs never gave me any good items. (The rare Silver tier stuff like Czerka weapons, Satele's dualsaber. Any golds or plats.) I was just given heaps of unsellable trash. It left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth. I hear of other people having better RNG than i did and it just leaves me to wonder why the hell i couldn't have the additional CC to make purchases i want and instead get shafted by packs.

In short every pack level filled me with nothing but annoyance because i knew i wasn't going to get anything of value or something i don't have in Collections. Lo and behold, i was right.

Also the reward for all GS3 achievements is dull. Just a slightly modified base skin? What happened with the quality of reward from S2? I'm convinced you're just going to sell both Fen's custom and PH4's modified default custom as slightly marked up Season Token purchases compared to other companion customs. 

GS3 has been the worst of what we've gotten so far. 3, 1, 2 is my ranking from worst to best and GS1 is only mid for the fact it got no achievements and that Altuur's not on player ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes and no. Initially it was a breath of fresh air and did encourage to visit aspects of the game that i usually don't play that much. However three seasons in that effect is gone. Seasons are now to repetitive and don't offer enough rewards for the effort put in. Cutting cartel coins down from 4k down to 2k is a major blow. You say people used this in "ways not intended" by completing seasons over several servers. Christ. People finding enough ingame time to complete a season over multiple servers surely deserve those coins. 
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favourite so far?
    Not at all tbh. On my main char I have something like 40+ companions already. And many of them have far more backstory and customization options than the season comps. Really don't see the need to add another comp to my collection. Instead of new comps just flesh out existing comps. There are still comps from class stories not been brought back (or not brought back for all classes like most comps). Work on that. My main is a Sith Inq. with 40+ comps but does not have my overall fav companion (Jaesa). Add more customization options for existing comps etc etc etc... 
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
    Again. More stuff for existing comps rather than a new companion that I will only use during season and than never again. Bring more CC coins back? Or if you keep bringing up a new comp every season vary the theme... 3 underworld companions in 3 season. How about Force Users, Bounty Hunters, Rep/Imp Military etc? Be creative!
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
    Again yes and no. More PVE and PvP objectives would be welcome. Make sure that a player can finish a season with his prefered playstyle. 
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? Finished Season 2 only. 1 i was half way through and 3 i cant be bothered. I work fulltime hospitality management so i wont find too much time to play and in season 3 i neither like the companion or any of the weapons/armour sets so no point.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
    More the other way round. Playing the content I enjoy doesn't leave me enough time to focus on seasons.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    More variations. Stop this permanent underworld theme. Give us a force user companion or a bounty hunter if you really must do another new comp. Make cosmetic rewards more interesting. After being a subscriber for over nine years I have pretty much all armours, weapons, mounts, crystals etc that I really like using in my collection. It's been a while since i had the urge to add something. 

• Like 1