Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

• Dev Post

Hey SWTOR community!

We’re into the development stages of Galactic Season 4 now, so it’s a great time to gather your feedback! We want to hear your thoughts on Galactic Seasons and how they can be improved in the future.

To make this feedback request easier, here’s a quick recap of our Galactic Seasons system. 

What are Galactic Seasons?

Galactic Seasons is a reward track that aims to encourage players to explore various parts of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Galactic Seasons provides high-value rewards, centered around a new companion each season.

How do I make progress during a Galactic Season?

Progressing a Galactic Season requires earning Season Points. These points can be gained in a variety of ways to progress through the 100 levels of the reward track.

1. Each day players can earn Season Points by acquiring 25,000 Conquest Points.
  2. Each week players can complete up to 7 Season Objectives from a pool of 10 to earn larger amounts of Season Points.
    1. Season Objectives require the player to complete content such as Flashpoints, Operations, Daily Areas, PvP, Crafting, World Exploration, and more.
  3. Season Points are also rewarded as part of the Daily Login system.

What can I earn by playing a Galactic Season?

The Galactic Season reward tracks provides items such as

• New Companions
  • Companion customizations
  • Season armor set
  • Season mount
  • Cartel packs including Weapons, Armor, Mounts, Decorations, and Ultimate Cartel Packs
  • Galactic Seasons Tokens
  • Decorations
  • Titles
  • Cartel Coins
  • Dye Packs

How do I raise my Companion’s influence level and progress their reputation track when a season isn’t active?

Each seasonal companion comes paired with a Reputation Track related to their story. While that companion’s Galactic Season is active, players can earn reputation trophies from group content and defeating mobs around the galaxy. When the companion’s Galactic Season is not active players can still obtain reputation trophies by defeating mobs around the galaxy as long as that desired companion is fighting with you! To earn more influence for the companion players can defeat mobs around the galaxy or use the companion in crew skill activities.

What if I can’t play the entire season?

To be respectful of our players’ time, players who fall behind the pace of a season can use credits to Catch-Up some missed levels. This Catch-Up mechanic unlocks part way through the season, but players are only able to use Credits to purchase up to a defined level. Completing a Galactic Season will always require player effort. Players are also able to purchase ahead levels using Cartel Coins.

What Seasons have already happened?

If you want to revisit past seasons before making your responses, check out their launch articles here:

Galactic Season 1: The Stranger from Kubindi

Galactic Season 2: Shadows of the Underworld

Galactic Season 3: Luck of the Draw

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Please answer as many questions as you want! We’ll be gathering and using this feedback as we develop Season 4 and beyond to continue providing the best version of Galactic Seasons for our players.

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players. 

One goal of Galactic Seasons is to provide an opportunity for players to earn some Cartel Coins for their efforts in game. This helps players obtain Galactic Season rewards on alternate characters via Collections and allows players to experience the Cartel Market and the awesome armors, weapons, and other items the team creates. For this reason we rewarded Cartel Coins directly from the Galactic Seasons reward track. After a couple seasons’ worth of data, some things came to our attention. The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000, replaced the removed Cartel Coins with Ultimate Cartel Packs, and increased the Collections unlock prices to our standard prices. By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell. While reducing the Cartel Coins rewarded, we made sure to keep our goal that players can unlock all items earned during a Galactic Season in Collections for alternate characters. Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy. We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation. It’s our continued desire to provide the best experience in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Catch you later, I’m off to give a rundown of the Galaxy to our Season 4 companion!

Bryant

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Please remove the 100 weekly objective achievement. Hitting level 100 should be the end of that. If you feel you need to stretch that out a bit more, that's fine, because we can still use the catch up mechanic. Fall behind on 100 weeklies, and you are SOL.

I'll be hitting 100 weeklies next week thank god. Then I can swap focus to the pvp weeklies for those chivos. =/

Other than that caveat, I think Galactic Seasons has been handled really well. But I would like Dye to be stackable if you are gonna load me up with 10 of them multiple times per season. lol

• Like 21

Please. I would love it if you could bring Altuur zok Adon back in one of the GS vendors in season 4. It's gonna be almost 2 years since GS1 by then and many people including myself don't have him. And there are achievments requiring to have him. I'm really sad I can't do those and use him. So bringing him back alongside his customizations and other equipment would be great for me and many other people.

• Like 13

5:

• I've been able to complete every season so far even though I'm only playing twice per week. That amount of effort seems right to me.

7:

• I would like to see an increase in the drop rate of the prior-season reputation trophies.
  • I would also like more story quests around season companions.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BryantWood said:

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

Very much.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

It would be nice to get a non-underworld companion. If it's someone from the story (Malora, wink, wink) it would be absolutely perfect.

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Yes. Outfits could be a little more interesting (S2 were nice but S1 and S2 - mediocre at best, certainly not something I would buy on Cartel Market)

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Yes. Especially the fact that unlike other areas of the game in 7.1 you don't push for group content and most weeks can be completed solo.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes, all three, including all seasonal achievements. It's fine.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Objectives either fit with what I'm doing anyway or is a welcome distraction.

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Aside from wanting more diverse and personable companions and better looking cosmetics I love Seasons, I think is one of very few areas of the game that work well and probably the only area that was improved in 7.0. It doesn't need any significant changes.

Edited by juliushorst
  • Like 2

First of all I think Galactic Season is really great addition to that game. It's a grind simulator, let's be honest, yet quite enjoyable. Missions are not that hard, quite fast and rewards are really good. At least in GS 2 and 3, because GS1 was new thing and was quite hard and boring to do so good it's in the past.

1. So as in above, I like it. It is something actually gives me purpose to launch the game not only for new story. As said, it's nice that sometimes I can do whole weekly stuff in one day and have rest/peace for rest of week. It's a still grind, so it's tiresome after all. After all, I think what NicoleMay said. 100 weeklies can be too hmm, pushing away or something. I will have next week again for GS3 achiev as well, though I force myself to do it.

2. I like companions. I have no problem with speaking no basic, but if we get droid I'd prefer to get them beeping booping than speaking alienish. It sounds for me too strange hearing Phalanx speaking alienish. It would not change much as we still need to read text what they are saying. I love that they appear in Odessen, it gives vibe of increaing our Alliance which is awesome and one of best things that game got in my opinion. However, I don't like that comps are just generic comps. What do I mean? I mean that both Fen and Phalanx have standard abilites, while Altuur got 2 or 3 new unique abilities. It makes him super and unique comp. From all 3 I use Altuur the most. Why? Because of those abilities. So defintiely would suggest giving at least even one new unique ability to next GS comps.
I also love that these comps gets some story. I loved Fen story and impact let's say, while Phalanx was downgrade in my opinion, though I liked that we got actually some missions with her. So in general it's great, but more uniqueness to comps by giving them new unique abilites (or just ome from game we can't have, only npcs like "Terminate" which is better Ambush, because it knocks us for few secs, so giving such things to comps would be awesome). Except it, I think comps stuff is great. I just would love to get specific comps like Skytrooper, Selkath or Kel Dor etc, but it's personal wish not "upgrade" statement. (Also yes, give comp related to something else than underworld. We got 3 already (though Phalanx appear in military wing, she is underworld oriented after all. Military - e.g Skytrooper or HK/Sentinel from Kotor or Research - e.g Anomid or Gree or Force - Selkath or Kel-Dor.
I also love that so far all comps relates somehow to each other, especially Altuur and Fen. It was epic, not gonna lie. Definitely more of it, though logically don't do it with every comp or somthing. But from time to time, why not?

3. I think I'd not change much if anything in rewards. I like them, they are really great and a lot of them and I think almost any kind of reward. Awesome. Though as said, I think maybe that skins/better weapons for comps would change their abilites or something to actually see that they improve and we influence them. Besides it, I think keep up with it=with good work.

4. It makes up play I think whole game again and it rewards us for it, so it's good I think. No much to say.

5. I think it's easy to complete, but after half of the season you feel tired, maybe "bored" and forcing yourself to play it as objectives repeat and it's a grind after all. I don't know what to do or suggest there. I don't want to say make less points to get it or make objectives give more points, but maybe worth trying? I don't know honestly, but definitely worth doing something here.

6. As said, sometimes I can do whole week objective during one day, so I think it's okay.

7. I still don't understand idea behind GS reputation. I mean, I understand it's for achiev, titles and objecitves. But besides it does nothing. Not even conversations with comp is realted to that. So maybe do something with those reputations from past and from new GS to actually make more worthwhile the grind for it. Like special vendor on Odessen with things related to specific GS? It don't have to be much and unique as hell. But few nice things would be nice. Maybe even like vendors that allow you to buy more of decos we got from galactic season?
Or delete 100 weeklies done and make vendor sell a comp's ultimate customisation that would normally be for that achiev? (Place for them could be behind now closed area in the Underworld Area, behind now Fen and his Shadow Syndicate).

If something new will come to my mind, I will add or edit this post.

Edit 1: More new/old rewards for non-seasonal vendor. I have a lot of tokens that I don't have anything to spend on as I bought what I wanted, yet still had to force myself to buy something to not waste them.
SH was good token sink, but in general more rewards for tokens.

Edited by LanceDefender
  • Like 3

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? Not really since your greedyness resulted removal of everything that made GS2 enjoyable.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Irrelevant for these companions have no personalities.
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? GS3 theme is like plastic toys from the kindergarten and the armors look terrible, zero incentive to get those. You have never understood that a large percentage of people hate RNG and have specific needs they could have achieved by the CC granted in Season 2  (effective incentive). All items I have got from boxes through GS3 are utter crap and will end up in the dustbin where they belong. You don't understand the nature of the economic issue at all, there is nothing desirable to buy for credits on the GTN, your RNG sh*t is not gonna change it for you offer useless packs.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? No, because weekly cap can not be achieved by simply playing PVP (including GSF). Beyond a certain point, PVPers don't play PVE and they either fall short on progress or forced into utterly boring content to play.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? GS2 was worth the time for the CC, GS3 has nothing to offer of any worth. PVP season items are even worse.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Not at all for I have to play boring PVE content (heroics or flashpoints). I ignore all world bosses and time consuming missions (find certain items, crafting for war efforts, etc.).
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? Kick the designer of season weapons/armors (especially the PVP one), return to GS2 rewards and make it possible for reaching weekly cap with PVP activities only.
Edited by varietasplus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? It was good. I managed to unlock all the levels. 
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far? No comment. I neither like or dislike the companions. I think most players settle on one or two companions to play along and the rest collect dust. 
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track? Rewards are good. Collecting them can be problematic sometimes due to the "cap" that is imposed. 
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less? Yes, it is fine.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? Yes, I completed this season. 
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy? I really only do the season for new armor sets or weapons. Outside of that, if those were not included I would likely not care about Galactic Seasons.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? Eliminate the "caps" or make them higher. So many times, I could not collect an earned rewards because a part of the collection (let's say coins for example) would "put me over the cap" and then I would have to spend them just to collect more rewards. The items I would spend them on were useless for me really. Seems like a waste. But I would be happy if I could just collect what I unlocked without having to buy things I do not want or need. 
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, BryantWood said:

We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation.

But that's not what's causing inflation and it's not gonna make it worse if a few players gain more coins on some servers. That is such a minority of the player base who'd do that, it's not even worth thinking about. the cartel packs were just frustrating because they only rewarded crap I didn't want and then also couldn't even sell for anything worthwhile. So that change has intentions that don't work out and lessens the rewards to an absurdly low degree. This was by far the least exciting season.

49 minutes ago, BryantWood said:

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

No. I don't like any of them. They're pointless. I already have many lv 50 comps, I don't need more comps. I'd rather have new stories during the season with classic comps or major characters that I  know who'd join - like Malora perhaps or Thana Vesh, Jaxo, Watcher 2 (or X) - or simply other characters per origin story that were kinda big from 1-50 and then got shelved. Not some droid with a crap story about gambling I couldn't care less about if I tried. Or the weird dude with the weird organization and the anteater dude. All pointless. Maybe then yopur original choices could have some impact (e.g. Watcher X or Thana Vesh might be dead). there are so many interesting character we could get to see again, instead we got some random dudes with no ties to anything at all and a bland uninspired story with not so pretty skins.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty neat. Thanks to the GS I got really into SWTOR once more. I've been pretty much tired of so many aspects of the game, that when the first GS was released, it made me love game even more. And cured me from the tired state. It even helped me convince my friend to join me for more SWTOR game time during the week.

2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I do like all of them. Altuur, Fen i PH4-LNX are amazing companions. Yes, I would prefer them to speak basic, or at least some of them? And maybe for droid to... You know, beep-boop etc. Also, for now it's the only way to gain any new companions (there are no permanent new companions earned through the story - still waiting for you Arn! ❤️), so it's nice to get them, and the story tied to them during the GS. Aa far as the improvement goes... I would like to slap some gear on companions/armor etc. And for the customizations to be more diverse, not only another color slapped on the same body. Altuur is my favorite from the mechanics point of view. But from the story/lore point of view i do love them all. It would be nice to get a companion from some other parts, not only Underworld (maybe some ancient race, like a Javik in the Mass Effect 3? 👀).

3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I do enjoy most of the rewards. But please, let us stack the dyes. Those are pretty annoying when you have to remove them, or put them in the cargo. Or just move around the inventory. xD I do think that there could be some more gift rewards - like gifts for ALL of the companions, not only the seasonal one. And maybe more diverse armor?

4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Yes! Even more so in this one GS. There's more soloable content, and as we know, a lot of people do play solo or find it hard to get a group at the time when they can play the game.

5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

I was able to finish every single GS. My friend do not, and she plays less than I do. So you know, it all depends on the time someone spent on the game. I do think that it is achievable to finish the GS before its end. Even a lot before that. I do not think that it is too easy or requires too much effort - it all depends on the time one person can spend on the game.

6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Sometimes it does prevent me from completing the content I enjoy i.e. progression of the story. But in most cases I can separate completing GS and completing the content I enjoy (to be honest, I enjoy both very much!), so I'm able to experience every playstyle I enjoy.

1 hour ago, LanceDefender said:

I still don't understand idea behind GS reputation. I mean, I understand it's for achiev, titles and objecitves. But besides it does nothing. Not even conversations with comp is realted to that. So maybe do something with those reputations from past and from new GS to actually make more worthwhile the grind for it. Like special vendor on Odessen with things related to specific GS? It don't have to be much and unique as hell. But few nice things would be nice. Maybe even like vendors that allow you to buy more of decos we got from galactic season?
    Or delete 100 weeklies done and make vendor sell a comp's ultimate customisation that would normally be for that achiev? (Place for them could be behind now closed area in the Underworld Area, behind now Fen and his Shadow Syndicate).

Pretty much the same goes for me. :) Make the reputation grind more worthwhile. Even with the vendor who sells companion gifts or decos on the Odessen. :3 

Oh! Oh! I would really like to see (depends on how it is lore wise) a Pantoran, Gungan or even better - a Kotabi companion! ❤️ 

Edited by Myrtar
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 5:58 PM, BryantWood said:

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

1) Season 3 stinks

2) Fae is the worst of the three. The comps should be available on the vendor.

3) The cartel coins are nice but the armor and weapons for S3 looked terrible.

4) I did not enjoy Season 3. It feels like filler content. 

5) I completed the first two seasons but stopped participating in the third. The weekly goal to complete 7 is fine but there needs to be more selections.

6) I felt the participation urge to complete the weekly objective when the season started then I lost interest after a few weeks.

7) Make it worth our time by providing better rewards. 

Edited by TonyTricicolo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BryantWood said:
  • How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

It is really fun, offers some goals for players to work towards and the rewards are nice!

Companions are very nice, it's also great to have a Companion being leveled to 50 naturally as the season progresses. Getting 2 compendiums to level the companion to 50 on other characters is awesome, too! My only suggestion is to give them more voicelines with actual English words rather than alien gibberish. My favourite companion is Fen Zeil but it's purely a matter of preference, they are all great!

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Rewards are great, a mix of cartel packs, cartel coins, armors, decos and mounts. I feel like rewards are in a great spot at the moment.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I personally don't like PvP but it is nice to occasionally play it for the seasons. I feel like the seasons weeklies are in a good spot. On the other hand, I find the Daily 25k conquest mission extremely annoying. It forces me to log in every day and do something, else i am being punished by not getting season points. I would prefer having more Operations-related weeklies.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

It is ridiculously easy to complete, I never miss a single daily or weekly and get done in the minimum possible amount of weeks. Still, I think it's optimal, because I can relax and take a break after I have farmed lvl100 in a season.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

A bit of both, but I feel it's alright to make players engage in various activities to be able to progress the season. As of now people can skip some weeklies and still get level 100, and it's great!

The current system is perfect, please don't ruin it! Me and my friends just complete 7 weeklies every Tuesday and we are done for the week. Please don't overcomplicate the system, it seems to be working great!

The only concern is the achievement for 100 weeklies. Me and my friends are long done with the season (lvl 100, all companion achievements obtained, legend status with the corresponding organization), but we still need 4-5 weeks of 7 weeklies per day for that one achievement. Please reduce it to 75/50 to make it better align with other timings of required playtime to get Season milestones.

• Like 1

Its fine. It gives me something to do. I need objectives or there is no reason to play. Proverbial carrot. 

I know it would cost more but could the new companions speak basic?  I do like phalanx but I just don't want to hear Huttees or droid speak or anything but my mother tongue. 

Rewards are fine. Could you add some of the items that are really expensive on the GTN? Like say 2 black/black dyes or 2 white/white dyes. Maybe an Ultimate cartel pack for completing... I am never going to use that speeder. ( I have HK's jetpack)  The casual jumpsuit makes me look like a gangster or a bouncer of a club its ok i guess.  Definitely different and unique.   

It is hard to get some of the objectives beyond Tuesday. The champion base kills.  Chapters on vet are kind of hard. Chapters on Master are almost impossible for 99% of the player base.  Can you swap it to a specific Chapter but any difficulty. I literally spent 4-6 hours on a vet chapter trying to beat it as my spec was no longer viable, more on that below. 

The season is exactly hard enough and easy enough.  There is a sense of time not too urgent but definitely an end in sight.  

Some objectives like with Seasons and Conquest and PvP. That is a great ROI.  I definitely had to go out of my way to complete... as Sheev Palpatine will say in a few thousand years "... A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one."

More tech frags less conquest commendations? I am not going to lie it was aggravating to have to pay 60 CC to unlock Phalanx for my whole Legacy.  That made little sense as she was required for some season objectives. What if I deleted a junk toon to test galactic seasons and didn't have 60 CC?  Just not cool. I was saving for somethings and had to burn 60 CC for no reason.  

Final thoughts: I dropped my subscription because y'all nerfed Telekinetics after we begged you not to and I didn't have fun playing the game anymore. I couldn't kill anything the Damage per second became complete garbage in PvP and PVE content.  Specifically because of Season 3 I resubbed so I could collect my rewards I have decided to remain subbed for now... so the seasons are a win for making money and that is a good thing.   The only reason I had to play anymore was season 3. I had to learn a different spec to keep playing.  Seasons give a sense of Fear Of Missing Out.  Missing out on Achievements and missing out on free drops. I certainly do appreciate all of your hard work. I know you are humans too.  Thank you! 

-EnoMaster 
     Starforge

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BryantWood said:

Catch you later, I’m off to give a rundown of the Galaxy to our Season 4 companion!

Bryant

1- I thiunk in general the system is good. It does provides things to do and offers decent rewards.

2-The  Season companions I DO NOT LIKE AT ALL. Make them speak basic please.

3-Season Vendor: Never was interested in that one.

Non Seasonal Vendor: Please add more stuff there to let us spend tokens.

Track: Don't like most of the actual seasonal stuff (armor and mounts), weapons some are good/decent. I do like CCs and packs tho i have one request: PLEASE make the packs use the same table of potential items. Don't tell they are the same as their CM counterpart just bound because i will not belive it. In season 2 in particular i got same rewards for several of the packs across 3 different legacies.

4-Ops don't feel properly represented. Lair Bosses do not reward well per se, so is not something interesting any more. Use full Operation and maybe even make it its own category (instead of daily/weekly) call it Bonus Objectives: Once per OP per season and points balanced to OP dificulty/average time required (not the same EV/KP and Gods).

5-I think it is properly balanced in that aspect.

6-I wish we could get more options each week. Some weeks i feel like doing 4 in the entire week and others i get 7 i could do in just a few hours.

7-Make companions speak Basic. Yes, i said it before, but i will say it again and again.

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players. 

One goal of Galactic Seasons is to provide an opportunity for players to earn some Cartel Coins for their efforts in game. This helps players obtain Galactic Season rewards on alternate characters via Collections and allows players to experience the Cartel Market and the awesome armors, weapons, and other items the team creates. For this reason we rewarded Cartel Coins directly from the Galactic Seasons reward track. After a couple seasons’ worth of data, some things came to our attention. The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000, replaced the removed Cartel Coins with Ultimate Cartel Packs, and increased the Collections unlock prices to our standard prices. By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell. While reducing the Cartel Coins rewarded, we made sure to keep our goal that players can unlock all items earned during a Galactic Season in Collections for alternate characters. Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy. We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation. It’s our continued desire to provide the best experience in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sorry but there is something there that do not add up. Inflation comes from aspects like: Printing to much money or giving away money without actually producing something. That devaluates the currency. Translating that into a game like swtor... we have too much credits (overprinting) that increase inflation. But giving CCs cannot possibly increase inflation because it actually saves people from needing credits or creates more offer in the exchange market (that lowers the prices). Less CCs, less offer; less offer prices increased.

If you want to combat inflation you need to attack the biggest problem: TOO MUCH CREDITS IN THE ECONOMY!!!!!

• Like 2

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

I enjoy Galactic Seasons, it gives me a clear goal to complete every week. Also it's enjoyable to unlock rewards as you play and I also think with the subscriber track it adds some much needed value to the game's subscription (when a season is running that is).

So far the companions have been pretty ok. I liked that PH4-LNX had some actual quests instead of just some conversations like with Fen Zeil, I also liked that if you had Fen he'd chime in during her recruitment quest. That said, I do wish the companions were fully cuztomizable like Altuur was instead of just a few pre-set customizations. Also I do wonder how long having a companion as the "main" reward of a Galactic Seasons is doable before it gets stale, not to mention many people (myself included) already have a LOT of companions unlocked we never use, that said it is nice to get some easy level 50 influence companions for crafting.

A Galactic Seasons theme/rewards are no doubt gonna be very dependant on someone's personal taste, ultimately I think it got to balance having something for everyone.

I personally quite liked the armor sets this season (very usable for custom outfits), the Rodir mounts were cute too (though nothing really special as they do feel very similar to some mounts we already had). I really like the stronghold labels we got in GS2 and now GS3, the decorations this season were not really my style, but that depends on personal taste, I do enjoy however that the decorations each season are interactive. The bronze weapons/armor/mount crates are pretty useless to me, most of the bronze stuff from those are super cheap to get anyways from the gtn (and in my case I pretty much own all of those already due to them being so cheap).  I did get lucky with a couple ok/nice things from the cartel packs, however the RNG from those (and the weapon/armor/mount/deco boxes) might leave some people completely unsatisfied.

That said, the lower cartel coins rewarded from season did make it feel less rewarding than GS1 & GS2. And while I understand the reasoning behind it (even though with GS1 it was said to be a replacement for CC gained from referrals in the GS1 announcement) the fact you then also expect me to pay full premium unlock prices for the GS rewards I grinded for (plus paid subscription for) to unlock is garbage. The GS rewards should be 10cc to unlock in collections like all previous subscriber rewards/bonus things. Just feels like an overall loss of value compared to GS1 & GS2. On top of that having 2 of the seasons exclusive mounts exclusive to the vendors instead of the actual reward track feels weird too (at least it wasn't as bad as all the GS2 customizations and mount which totalled 16 seasons tokens!).

I think the objectives are fine. I didn't really see the connection thematically for most with the overall season however. But it feels like a good balance of stuff you can solo versus group/pvp ones.

I completed the season a while ago, just have next week left to complete the 100 weeklies achievement.

A bunch of objectives usually complete from normal play. I usually look at whats in the objectives on Tuesday and decide which ones i'll go for. For some group objectives we usually do an event with our guild as well, which is always nice/fun.

• Please make any dyes from GS stack! 10 of the same dye taking up 10 slots in cargo/storage/inventory is really annoying. Maybe add Galactic Seasons dye to Collections so people can "unlock" it there then just claim copies of dye as needed? Or maybe make the dyes unlockable as schematics for Artifice?
  • Make it so companion gifts of "old" galactic seasons companions are buyable even for those who didn't fully complete a previous season, I know a few people that are now stuck with a Fen Zeil where they cannot buy his companion gifts/compendiums from the vendor.
  • I echo adding some kind of reward for leveling the reputation track besides just some legacy titles.
  • Maybe adding an repeatable level 101 (which requires maybe way more points then a normal level) with a minor reward or a seasons token would be nice for those of us who finish a season early and are then just completing seasons achievements/waiting for the next season?
  • Probably won't ever happen, but I think it would be cool if a Galactic Season could actually tie in with some new content that would launch with the season and then stay afterwards (like a flashpoint not tied to main story, a new uprising, or a new warzone). How cool would it have been if we had been able to visit Kubindi in a flashpoint, or an uprising to fight against some bugs. Or have an underworld deathmatch themed warzone launch with GS2. Or a Pazaak mini-game (one can dream about Pazaak being added to swtor someday right? XD) with GS3.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Strukacz said:

Please. I would love it if you could bring Altuur zok Adon back in one of the GS vendors in season 4. It's gonna be almost 2 years since GS1 by then and many people including myself don't have him. And there are achievments requiring to have him. I'm really sad I can't do those and use him. So bringing him back alongside his customizations and other equipment would be great for me and many other people.

I agree with this so much.
Everyone should have a chance to get Altuur zok Adon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

Overall I find it enjoyable.

2.  Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I do like the companions however I do wish some of them actually spoke basic so I didn't have to read all interactions with them.  My favorite thus far is Ph4-Lnx.  She made me miss Scorpio less since I let her go on Iokath.

3.  Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I feel like there is a good variety of rewards for everyone on the track.  Mounts, customizations, decos, outfits and weapons. 

4.  Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I thought this was pretty cleverly done and for players that aren't cheevo hunters even moreso.  A lot of objectives were good parts of cheevos for planets.  The one thing I didn't like was I couldn't do more than 7 a week.  I finished the track several weeks before I can complete all 100 objectives for the cheevo and corresponding customization.  Please reduce the cheevo or allow us to do more than 7 objectives a week if we wish.  

5.  Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

I have completed all 3 seasons with no issue.  However I play nearly everyday.  I think for those that don't play as often it may be a stretch but isn't that what the pay to catch up thing is about.  I do wish it was with credits vs coins though (and if you make it pricey enough you may draw down some of ridiculous amount of credits we all have).

6.  How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

I like Seasons.  It fits into how I play.  None of the objectives are too time consuming and mostly they give me something to chase when I'm bored doing the same old same old.

7.  Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Next season suggestions:

Companion Suggestions
1. Ortolan Companion  (really really want)
2. Sullustan Companion
3. Bith Companion
4. Bothan Companion
5. Tusken Raider Companion
6. Abyssian Companion

The reputation grind for no reason stinks.  There isn't a vendor like with other reputation tracks so it feels just annoying and to put Ph4-lnx on the ship was even worse to turn in the to get tokens because every toon needed to have her unlocked in order to deal with the zillion maxxed out tokens all the time.  I like that the rep has CQ points but please put out a vendor and let us buy some items from the track if we want more or something we liked. 

Nix the craftable dyes in the rewards track.  Make some that are actually decent.  We deserve that.  

The one thing I didn't like was I couldn't do more than 7 a week.  I finished the track several weeks before I can complete all 100 objectives for the cheevo and corresponding customization.  Please reduce the cheevo or allow us to do more than 7 objectives a week if we wish.  

Overall I'm fairly satisfied with Season.  It's a nice break from the routine.

• Like 1

I will attempt some small input.  Hopefully this will provide an adequate snapshot of several points that I have experienced and (seemingly) that of others I've seen over the years.

** Overall GS is pretty much the rehash of stuff that's been around for years.  Nothing wrong with that I suppose (from a certain point of view).  It does provide an excellent filler in between the major release chapters of SWTOR.  Unfortunately, it also seems to be another avenue to persuade solo players to engage in multiplayer content as well.  I still ignore that aspect of GS entirely along with any part of PvP.  You may draw your own conclusions as to how to plan your next step.  
** Companions in general of SWTOR has to be one of the most neglected and nearly extinct part of the original (vanilla) story.  They are all but dead!  Having more non-interactive companions (complete with required missions to complete the GS series).   I personally do not care for another companion especially like this last droid that is annoying at best.  (Sorry ... but you DID ask).
EDIT:  Frankly unless you continue to insist on using the new companions (which I REALLY don't like) ... I have no intention of using them at all.  They are boring and to me ...  useless.  YES I know that some people like them.  I don't!
** Rewards:  For many of us the rewards were overly repetitive.  This needs some fresh air!  More than once I was stuck with essentially just blowing a couple of GS tokens in order to collect the next reward that was in line.  BUT since I was at the cap (15 IIRC) and MANY (if not most) were already purchased there was literally nothing to spend the tokens on ... and consequently unable to advance the collections for that moment!  Solution: make a LOT of new items available AND raise the cap to 20 or 25. It should be noted that I currently have 14 on hand now.  I have no plans to spend them on anything that is currently available ( there's really not that much to look at ... really).
** Many of the weekly objects were fine .. but too many required content that I simply do not mess with!  A few minor tweaks in this category should be fine!
** As for how GS works into the grander scheme of things ... that aspect is fine!
** BTW... the CC wasn't contributing to inflation that much (IMO).   Heck, I saved most of mine!

Some areas that might be considered for rewards:
** CC (perhaps some way to spend them that is BOP???)  
** More cool weapons (BOP ... Legacy)
** Armor ...  (also BOP ... Legacy)
** Customization items (facial / hair / armor) for companions:   Lana, Theron, Vette, Arcan, Kira Carsen ...  (Others that I can't remember off the top of my head right now).  This also BOP ...Legacy.
** Unique deco packages such as Aquariums or other more difficult to obtain items (Yes ... BOP ...Legacy).
** AND YES ... yet another shameless plug for my personal favorite:  A new Stronghold.  Either a Ski Chalet (complete with lift and slope) or Space Station (not to be confused with an apartment).

Stuff found at the vendors:
** New mounts (always seem to draw a crowd).
** IF some of the older stuff is out there ... also on a rotational basis so that it doesn't dominate the vendor..  Or perhaps a longer list of items (some that are on rotation and the rest that is not!
I'm quite certain that there is a lot more to come.  For now, this will have to work.  I need to give it some more thought to provide a more comprehensive analysis.

EDIT:  AND YES .. the dye colors definitely need to be stackable.  ALSO:  they need to be colors I can actually use:  Black/White; White/White; White/Black;  White/GOLD; Black/Brown; Dark Brown/Black (you get the idea).

Edited by OlBuzzard

My biggest complaint about Galactic Seasons 3 was the lack of anything for a long term player to spend the Season tokens on. I ended up buying companion customizations I didn't even want to keep from losing the tokens which are a major "reward" in seasons. In GS4 please add something that a long term player can buy with the tokens. I am going to be sitting on 15 tokens at the end of the season because there is nothing worth buying (I already have all the past subscriber rewards, all the companions, more decos that I'll ever use, and companion customizations I don't even like).

As far as the CCs going to Ultimate packs, for the most part I ended up with things I wouldn't have bought with the CCs (or at all really). I don't buy CM items to sell so I save up the CCs for when something I am interested in goes on sale. I preferred the flexibility of the CCs

The pace and rewards are otherwise fine. I don't typically use the GS armor sets for anything so they usually get trashed after they are unlocked in collections. I'll add too that the non-stacking dyes are a pain and take up a lot of space (most I'm unlikely to use any time soon, so storing them efficiently is important).

GS1 and GS2 were better than GS 3 for me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

There's a lot to unpack. Briefly:

1. GS is a monetized grind with a timer. It sells gear Upgrade Mats and Companion levelling, which affect combat and crafting. That's a mobile-style problem.

2. Comps should be voice-acted and demonetized.

3. Demonetize the track, and make Augments/Kits a reward, and unlocked in Collections.

4. It's ok.

5. No. And let's be honest, most of us aren't intended to. That's why it's monetized. Change that.

6. It's constricting. Again, if we're being honest, that's by design. Frustrating players into cash purchases is the purpose of all monetized grinds. Stop it.

7. Demonetize GS for subscribers. Make subscribing the all-caps 'PREMIUM' experience you claim it to be.

Edited by FlatTax
  • Thanks 1

GS is good because it's easily completable goals with prizes. That's always fun, but really the themes and prizes can use some polish. I'd like themes and rewards that reflect our story events for example Mando and Legacy of the Sith stuff. Also, more dyes please. Better yet crafting schematics! TBH none of the Decos and Armors have wowed me, and this seasons weapons were dull, dull, dull. dull. dull, dull, dull. Come on designers we know you have the brilliance make some truly unique and cool stuff that we can sell please. Also add all the past rewards to the token vendor I never use them. 

Edited by JakRoanin
  • Like 2

Hey SWTOR community!

We’re into the development stages of Galactic Season 4 now, so it’s a great time to gather your feedback! We want to hear your thoughts on Galactic Seasons and how they can be improved in the future.

To make this feedback request easier, here’s a quick recap of our Galactic Seasons system. 

What are Galactic Seasons?

Galactic Seasons is a reward track that aims to encourage players to explore various parts of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Galactic Seasons provides high-value rewards, centered around a new companion each season.

How do I make progress during a Galactic Season?

Progressing a Galactic Season requires earning Season Points. These points can be gained in a variety of ways to progress through the 100 levels of the reward track.

1. Each day players can earn Season Points by acquiring 25,000 Conquest Points.
  2. Each week players can complete up to 7 Season Objectives from a pool of 10 to earn larger amounts of Season Points.
    1. Season Objectives require the player to complete content such as Flashpoints, Operations, Daily Areas, PvP, Crafting, World Exploration, and more.
  3. Season Points are also rewarded as part of the Daily Login system.

What can I earn by playing a Galactic Season?

The Galactic Season reward tracks provides items such as

• New Companions
  • Companion customizations
  • Season armor set
  • Season mount
  • Cartel packs including Weapons, Armor, Mounts, Decorations, and Ultimate Cartel Packs
  • Galactic Seasons Tokens
  • Decorations
  • Titles
  • Cartel Coins
  • Dye Packs

How do I raise my Companion’s influence level and progress their reputation track when a season isn’t active?

Each seasonal companion comes paired with a Reputation Track related to their story. While that companion’s Galactic Season is active, players can earn reputation trophies from group content and defeating mobs around the galaxy. When the companion’s Galactic Season is not active players can still obtain reputation trophies by defeating mobs around the galaxy as long as that desired companion is fighting with you! To earn more influence for the companion players can defeat mobs around the galaxy or use the companion in crew skill activities.

What if I can’t play the entire season?

To be respectful of our players’ time, players who fall behind the pace of a season can use credits to Catch-Up some missed levels. This Catch-Up mechanic unlocks part way through the season, but players are only able to use Credits to purchase up to a defined level. Completing a Galactic Season will always require player effort. Players are also able to purchase ahead levels using Cartel Coins.

What Seasons have already happened?

If you want to revisit past seasons before making your responses, check out their launch articles here:

Galactic Season 1: The Stranger from Kubindi

Galactic Season 2: Shadows of the Underworld

Galactic Season 3: Luck of the Draw

Bryant

1. Honestly I think since S2 the structure is much better than other battlepasses around, it doesn't take too long to complete objectives so you can be done with it rather quickly instead of having to constantly grind it. 
2. I think they're ok but nothing spetacular, they have cool designs but nothing unique about the mechanically and they're not cool enough to replace companions you gain through the story. I'd say more companions like Fen Zeil, with really cool designs, weapons. So far he's been my favorite seasons companion. 
3. Honestly I think they've all been great, I know people gave a lot of flack for season 1 but they've been pretty good. The only thing I'd like to add is a Lightsaber Pike variant sometimes instead of a Dualsaber, or maybe both if at all possible. However I can understand going for Dualsaber but I'd love for a Lightsaber Pike to be part of GS rewards sometimes. Also make dyes stack!
4. I wish I'd see less of the Mek-Sha and Ossus WBs, those objectives are awful. The game runs terribly with the needed amount of people for those bosses to go down, its a lagfast and it feels like I'm playing a slideshow instead of a game so not a fun experience. I'd like for more of the vanilla WBs to show up instead, or Ruhnuk. WBs that don't require 24 people to take down basically. As far as what I would like to see more, bring back seasons objectives of completing operations! SM of course. 
5 and 6. Yeah like I said I think its a fine structure, it doesn't take all of my gametime to complete (though I'm on a SWTOR break outside of season farming as I've been playing some games I picked up on steam sale) most of the time I'm able to complete most objectivies through my normal activities which involve GSF and PvE. 
7. Add previous season rewards in some kind of vendor for galactic season tokens, even if its more expensive than normally at least it would give people a shot at getting those after the season is over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, varietasplus said:

make it possible for reaching weekly cap with PVP activities only.

7.0 tried to center the game around raiding and it was a terrible idea, the game haven't fully recovered from it yet. Focusing on single activity won't make more people play it, it will make people quit.

There is a separate PVP season, regular one should have more variety.