Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

Well to answer the questions.  I like galactic seasons..

I like the companions there needs to be a way to level them other than the reputation we have set up, after all I got several alts who have level 1 companions with no way to level them up.

More reputation stuff needs to drop the game reputations drops are few and far between even though I finished all the reputation I am still not at max reputation yet

I like to see more rewards I.E  more command points more cartel coins,  

My only feedback is the crafting I>E the one that requires all the strange stuff that is hard to find,   that should not be part of galactic seasons,  I will not do those as some of that I have to buy on the GNC and its down right expensive so I just don't do it.  

Orther than that it gives me extra stuff to do, other than the grind for dailies / weekly's . 

I LOVE seasons it is a huge reason that I keep coming back to play. There's something about just having a bunch of relatively easy tasks with fun rewards that gets me. I was someone who took advantage of all the CC available last season and completed the rewards track on all servers. It was a grind! It was fun! It got a little overwhelming! I don't recommend playing this way!

One pain point I did find was accumulating conquest commendations and having nothing to spend them on. As I said, I played on all servers. One server does not have a max level character. I'm capped on conquest commendations with nothing to buy!

I understand the limitations on not having a non-alien language voiced companion, but the alien gibberish does get annoying. While I liked the new companion's quirks and stories, I only pull them out when it's an objective to kill things with them as your partner. I'd rather run around with characters I'm more attached to like story and alliance companions.

I'd like to see more options on the season token vendors. I missed season 1 and I believe others in this thread have said the season 1 stuff hasn't been available since so having a way to acquire those items would be nice!

I really liked that, I think it was last week, Manaan was an objective. I get caught up in grinding seasons because I enjoy it so much, I neglect the "current" content of the game. I played through the story, but have barely touched Manaan or the new planet's dailies.

Looking forward to next season!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BryantWood said:

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000,

Bryant

Cartel coins are not the reason your economy is a flaming mess...resource rarity is. Make all materials available to purchase in-game for in-game credits at whatever you deem their value to be, and see the economy recover.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy.

Currently you can earn 2,000 Cartel Coins across the track (or 10,000 across five servers if you are that kind of player.) Will this be even less in Season 4?

Biggest feedback:

• The biggest change I'd like to see for Season 4 is that at least 1 of the 10 objectives should always be a "big group" activity for guilds. So an Operation (16 players max), a Sparks of War (24 group max) or World Boss (24 group max).
  • I am not a fan of the Cartel Coin Collection costs being high for items I have "earned" especially as there's not a second way to "earn" them on my server. If you're going to make the CC unlock costs high... fine. But make the companion at the very least be affordable or have a second convenient way to get it across multiple characters since the companion is needed for the objectives (gameplay) and playing on multiple characters has become large part of end-game for frequent players. I was sad today when team mates couldn't play the character they wanted to play because they didn't have PH4 unlocked.
  1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

Yeah. Like it since season 2.

1. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I haven't cared too much about the specific companions. I really like since Season 2 to have the little cutscenes with the companions (story reward).

1. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I actually wasn't super excited about any of the rewards, none of them were very themed to match any of my characters (I don't have any 'gamblers'.) The blue weapons are pretty.  The prinwes nice but simple. The armors a lot of people seem to like and I see them talking about them.

I was SUPER excited about tokens the first two Seasons due to being able to get old retired rewards. But now that I have them all, and the two strongholds, and I got the token-exclusive mount, I forgot about them completely. Do note I did unlock track 100 over multiple servers multiple seasons.

I guess I'd like to see a Jedi or Sith or Mando themed track. Even if it doesn't fit all my characters perfectly. Or maybe a planet-themed tracked like Tatooine/Desert, Hoth/Snow, Ruhnuk/Canyons etc.

1. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I think the objectives have been good, apart from wanting at least one big group objective per week! Maybe add Uprisings as a specific objective?

1. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yeah. It felt very easy this Season. Maybe because we know how it "works" now. Fun though. Glad it wasn't hard especially with PvP Seasons now too and the 100 weekly objective available.

1. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

It fits well in my gameplay time. BUT. I have completed all the stories already and don't replay them much daily.

1. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

I like the 100 weekly achievement. It gives many players in my guild a reason to go back and work on weekly objectives with newer players or players who are behind on the track.

I've seen a lot of players requesting the previous season companions. I understand there is a need to balance getting them with earning them "during" the season. Maybe they could cost 6 tokens like ranos or something? I know I'd wanna log in during a season so I didn't have to shell out 6 tokens later lol. I'm also going to buy companion skins just to not "waste" them. 

I am still very confused about how Credits unlocks works - when they start and how much it may cost. I think the cost went up this season.

I am looking forward to a crafting revamp. Every time I look at the crafting objective for War Supplies I get excited, start it, then abandon it LOL.

I like the companions there needs to be a way to level them other than the reputation we have set up, after all I got several alts who have level 1 companions with no way to level them up.

I've seen a lot of players confused about Influence with their second/third/fourth PH4 companion. There's gifts on the Galactic Season vendor you can buy once you have one PH4 up to 50. And you can send your companion out on crafting missions. I'm not sure how to fix that confusion easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 100 Weekly Achievement is crazy, you can complete a season with way less than that, so it feels like a mean spirited grind.

Some companions that speak Basic would be nice, PH4-LNX was a huge missed opportunity to use Scorpio's VA.

More variety in Daily and Weekly objective types.

More interesting options for GS Tokens.  I got the two strongholds and now I get near cap and try to find something to spend them on.

• Like 2

Ok, galactic seasons is a great opportunity to bring in one of the most popular companion requests.  I'd make this the level 100 prize and you'd have participation levels higher than any previous season by far.  New companion:  EMPRESS VAYLIN.  Make sure the original voice actor does the voice, and make this companion romanceable for male and female.   The rest of the season will not matter, it'll be a huge draw.  Please do this.  Thanks.

PS if you are looking for more stuff to "throw" on the Galactic Seasons vendor without developing new items:

XP Dark vs Light armor (Victorious Pioneer)

Pets:

LU-20 Builder, MB-6 Micro-Defender Droid, N4-SW Runner, Model Corellian Stardrive Vanguard, Shade Stalker Runt, Taun Fawn

Mounts:

Kai Zykken’s MK-85 Log Mount, Prinawe Aggregate, Prinawe Collective, Prinawe Congregate, Prinawe Junction, Prinawe Union, TF-4 Rampage, Victor’s Titan, Victor’s Trailblazer, AC-PT Walker, Corellian Stardrive Vanguard

Edited by LadyAdmiral
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, LadyAdmiral said:

Currently you can earn 2,000 Cartel Coins across the track (or 10,000 across five servers if you are that kind of player.) Will this be even less in Season 4?

Biggest feedback:

• The biggest change I'd like to see for Season 4 is that at least 1 of the 10 objectives should always be a "big group" activity for guilds. So an Operation (16 players max), a Sparks of War (24 group max) or World Boss (24 group max).
  • I am not a fan of the Cartel Coin Collection costs being high for items I have "earned" especially as there's not a second way to "earn" them on my server. If you're going to make the CC unlock costs high... fine. But make the companion at the very least be affordable or have a second convenient way to get it across multiple characters since the companion is needed for the objectives (gameplay) and playing on multiple characters has become large part of end-game for frequent players. I was sad today when team mates couldn't play the character they wanted to play because they didn't have PH4 unlocked.

Yeah. Like it since season 2.

1. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I haven't cared too much about the specific companions. I really like since Season 2 to have the little cutscenes with the companions (story reward).

1. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I actually wasn't super excited about any of the rewards, none of them were very themed to match any of my characters (I don't have any 'gamblers'.) The blue weapons are pretty.  The prinwes nice but simple. The armors a lot of people seem to like and I see them talking about them.

I was SUPER excited about tokens the first two Seasons due to being able to get old retired rewards. But now that I have them all, and the two strongholds, and I got the token-exclusive mount, I forgot about them completely. Do note I did unlock track 100 over multiple servers multiple seasons.

I guess I'd like to see a Jedi or Sith or Mando themed track. Even if it doesn't fit all my characters perfectly. Or maybe a planet-themed tracked like Tatooine/Desert, Hoth/Snow, Ruhnuk/Canyons etc.

1. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I think the objectives have been good, apart from wanting at least one big group objective per week! Maybe add Uprisings as a specific objective?

1. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yeah. It felt very easy this Season. Maybe because we know how it "works" now. Fun though. Glad it wasn't hard especially with PvP Seasons now too and the 100 weekly objective available.

1. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

It fits well in my gameplay time. BUT. I have completed all the stories already and don't replay them much daily.

I like the 100 weekly achievement. It gives many players in my guild a reason to go back and work on weekly objectives with newer players or players who are behind on the track.

I've seen a lot of players requesting the previous season companions. I understand there is a need to balance getting them with earning them "during" the season. Maybe they could cost 6 tokens like ranos or something? I know I'd wanna log in during a season so I didn't have to shell out 6 tokens later lol. I'm also going to buy companion skins just to not "waste" them. 

I am still very confused about how Credits unlocks works - when they start and how much it may cost. I think the cost went up this season.

I am looking forward to a crafting revamp. Every time I look at the crafting objective for War Supplies I get excited, start it, then abandon it LOL.

I've seen a lot of players confused about Influence with their second/third/fourth PH4 companion. There's gifts on the Galactic Season vendor you can buy once you have one PH4 up to 50. And you can send your companion out on crafting missions. I'm not sure how to fix that confusion easily.

While I don't agree with everything ... I DO LIKE your style!  Well done!  (Much better than mine!)

[/two thumbs up]  (I wish that were a thing we could select with the menu of like,,  confused ... thanks menu)

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? 

I don't really like the this kind of reward system as I tend to dislike grindy things like this.  I mostly never do this kind of stuff.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

Don't mind a new companion for free but I do wish it was also a legacy unlock.  I think this would be nice to have on alts to help me while leveling and to add a new layer of fun to the game and if if was account wide unlock.

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I don't mind free stuff if I managed to get it passively anyway.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Don't really care about this at all.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

I don't feel motivated nor want to really track the objectives I just play the game and if it levels up then great.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

I think I'm up to rank 16 after doing Chapters 1 through 5 and all of KOTFE so far. And of course a few Flashpoints and a few GSF thrown in.  

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

I get why you're doing this but I think a season should be more than a reward track like this.  As in seasonal content to go with it, but that's not likely a thing you want to do.

WARNING, Constructive Feedback considering Bioware's point of view coming up. I'll Start with number 7.

7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

The objective of Seasons is to promote user subscriptions and regular log-ins and participation in the game. Anything that detracts from that should be ignored. Anything that deviates from that should be refocused. Any old systems that do not support that business objective should be reworked. For example, it was stated that  "Galactic Seasons provides high-value rewards, centered around a new companion each season." However, there are many old systems and quirks in the game that reduce the value of a new companion, like no outfit designer for companions, inability to mute annoying companion voice lines, etc. Another example is that it has been explained why Seasons rewards less Cartel Coins with rewarding Cartel Packs instead to "By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell." This may be the intention, but in practice it is not so, since high value items cannot be sold in the GTN because of the GTN credit cap.  This means that seasons cartel packs are less valuable than intended by design, therefore the current GTN credit cap is working against the stated business objective and needs to be adjusted. 

TLDR: Old systems that were designed with a different business model in mind WILL NEED TO BE ADJUSTED to better serve Galactic Seasons and the current Business Objective in order for GS to be successful and achieve longevity.

Other questions below.

As a concept is fine, execution needs refinement.

2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

Currently there are SOOO many companions in the game, and only one can be accompanying you at a time. This makes "new companions" not very attractive. Furthermore, old gameplay systems detract from the value of companions, like being unable to mute companions (some voice lines are very annoying. "NOT EVEN A CHALLENGE!"), not being able to tell your companion to untarget you (their head following you is creepy), the lack of companion outfits, etc. If more companions are coming in future seasons, then these old legacy systems need adjustments to make companions desirable, and therefore seasons desirable.

3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

I understand the valid restraint in awarding CC due to people abusing the system, but it would be nice to be able to unlock things from the Collections. For example, at level 100 you get one Collections item unlock. Cartel Packs are a pain to deal with, because high value items are over the GTN cap, and you cannot find the high value items you would like in the GTN. The current offering of 1 new armor + 1 weapon of each type, plus one variation for each, is a good thing. Frags and embers are ok as filler. Seasons tokens only good if you keep on bringing old or retired rewards, armors, weapons, etc.  If there are no plans to bring other old or retired rewards, it'd be nifty if you could convert seasons tokens and PvP tokens back and forth, like WZ accelerant to Frags.

4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Overall is fine, but there should be more flexibility for those that enjoy soloing content, or do not like group content, or just play at times where group content has long queue times.

5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Completing is fine, good pace. The Legacy objectives are very poorly paced. For example, if you forget to turn in your reputation items for the GS reputation a few weeks you just missed the legacy reward, not withstanding you played every week of seasons and have dozens or hundreds of reputation items in your inventory. 

6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Seasons alone fit "OK" in my play session, meaning there was just minor deviation to max seasons points. HOWEVER, with the inclusion of PvP seasons, doing both is increadibly time consuming, as there is little overlap. Both seasons now feel closer to a chore, in part because the PvP grind is so much longer than the Seasons grind. Furthermore, PvP grind depends on others queuing up, making it so there is a lot of dead time. Galactic Seasons doesnt suffer from that problem nearly as much.  GS or PvP grind will need to go down to not burn out players (imho it should be PvP grind to come down, but either one will do).

Edited by mCion

There is a bug with Galactic Seasons mounts, where they add to action bars twice when you learn them from Collections. Even though some of them have been fixed, there are still several that do. Please find that code, and fix the template, so that this no longer happens when the next GS mounts come out. Currently affects Tetheks, Thurrbs, Rodirs, and Prinawes.

4 hours ago, BryantWood said:
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

1. Really great effort overall. Really enjoying the content.

2. No quarrel with the companions thus far. My only comment would be to make unlocking them in Collections a bit cheaper. I understand what you're saying about inflation and all, but for those working on the season achievements, it helps to spread the 2,500 kills with that comp across different characters.

3. I really enjoyed the fact that in Season 1, there were a lot of the older items that were no longer available in game. In seasons 2 and 3 that didn't change. I would strongly urge you to consider changing that lineup up to include other items that are no longer available, such as pets that were only available thru certain cartel coin purchases or promotional crystals or vehicles, etc. 

4. Great mix of content. Would like it to include some different world bosses perhaps (for example, it's heavy on one of the Ossus WBs but not the other--you could mix that up more). Would also like to see a push on uprisings, which don't get much love IMHO. Star Fortresses might be another avenue to explore.

5. Yes, I've completed all the seasons. I feel it's an appropriate level of effort; although I would urge you to consider and analyze the impact of overlapping the Galactic Season and PVP season. It's a lot of work to do both simultaneously. 

6. Galactic Seasons alone fits in nicely and doesn't impact my normal activities. That said, the GS and PVP season overlap does force me to almost plan out my week to a certain degree, which can be more stressful.

7. Change up the rewards tracks to offer more or different items. Long time players likely have a good chunk of the rewards and, once you've unlocked everything, you're almost disincentivized to participate, and that would be a huge loss. 

Q1)  How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

A1) They're good.  I like activities that largely get ignored.  For instance, killing the colossal monolith, nightmare pilgrim, killing guards and some others.  Things that are otherwise ignored become activities that people do to complete the galactic season track, and that's a huge plus in my opinion. To many things get ignored due to lack of rewards, and this offsets that.  That said the season theme objectives are very lame.  I wasn't here S1 so I can't comment on that, but S2 & S3, where you either have to dress up as some gangsters and kill trash mobs, or catch people doing suspicious activities and hit a button are horrid.  They're unimaginative, and extremely boring. 

Rather than having something fun and unique to really commemorate the season it's something that's just there for the sake of being there.  For instance just spit balling here.  Season Y, Season of the Hunt.  New Objective to hunt powered up world bosses.  Current world bosses gain additional health, damage, and new abilities (so it's not just a tank & spank as it has been for the last 10 years.  Or Season X Terrors from Beyond invasion.  Random rifts open up across various planets with new mobs and a boss mob that needs to be killed.  The more people fighting at these rifts the harder the mobs, but the better the drops. You'll see endgame / allies chat light up with invasion zones being called out and people going there. 

Or season of the past.  Bring back the old Ilum open world pvp objectives (or make new ones for that matter).  Throw in some currencies for these seasons that are earned by killing these powered up world bosses (more for harder bosses) or closing these new rifts (more tokens for harder mobs which happens with more people in the zone), or open world pvp, so that it's not a one and done deal, and people have an actual fun season with things to do.  Not mindless, click a button when they're acting shady. Put on a costume, and kill these trash mobs, like you normally would.  

Q2) Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

A2) Sadly I did not get the S1 companion, and I still want him a lot, (seriously when is he going to be put up as a character we can buy?) I think it's the best character model of the GS companions so far.  The S2 companion is good too since we don't have a Duros companion otherwise, and he's a Cad Bane wanna be.  Not my favorite character but I dig it.  The S3 droid is just trash.  It's like a horrible Scorpio / Gemini Droid that just looks blah. I'm sure some like it, but most of the people I've talked to, don't seem to care for it, or are very neutral on it. 

That said, the S1 companion had a debuff for more damage.  The S2 companion has a dual weapon which naturally makes a companion better, and S3 is actually a decent tank.  She can take hits pretty well.  However I think you guys have to pick one of 2 roads and go down said road.  1) Normalize companions so we don't have lemons or make them unique in more than just aesthetics.  For instance Treek is garbage (RIP old Treek), while Zoom & Shae are godly at their role. Dual Wield > 1 Weapon.  So either companions are just aesthetic helpers who should be good regardless of their weapons of choice or they all need their flavor and unique abilities especially those of GS to make them more unique / special.  Personally I vote option 2, but that's just me

Q3) Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

A3) Some of the mounts are cool, I do like those. S2 Weapons were very good, S3 weapons are decent, not as good as S2 but decent.  S1 weapons I'm still buying, they're not bad.  S2 decos were good (btw any chance on putting up former season decos on some sort of a vendor for those that missed it?) S3 Decos don't really know what to do with Iokath stuff, doesn't really fit in a lot of places, but I'm sure someone made it work (maybe?).  The armor sets for both seasons have been really kinda blah if I'm being honest.  Random Cartel Loot (Mounts, weapons, and other misc items) are usually junk. I guess are cool for new players who don't have much, but for veterans they will have them and you can't even get much for most of them off the GTN cause honestly they're usually junk items. It's rare to get items you don't actually have, which is why at least the cartel coins were nice.  You could buy what you wanted.  I understand the predicament of people farming across multiple servers for extra CCs.  Not sure what a good solution would be here.  Honestly I'd be fine with CCs only being offered once regardless of server if the CC were increased on a single track.  I know many will probably disagree, but seems easier this way.  You decide what's fair, up the number a bit more so we can use them to get what we actually want, and no one over farms stuff across all servers to mini max rewards.  Those that want to farm across multiple servers will still get extra tokens, and random cartel loot boxes which usually end up being meh, but it's there if they want em.

Q4) Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

A4) I do actually. I enjoy Ops, PvP, GSF, random WBs that are otherwise forgotten, Uprisings (which don't seem to show up as often, and that's unfortunate imo).  Not really a fan of something like kill 100 mobs, but suppose it makes things easier on newer players so I understand it, they need easy quests too.  Wouldn't mind if we had say 12 options instead of 10 to pick from.  You can still top us out at 7 per objectives per week, but would give us a few more choices on what we end up doing.  Or for some people like me who hunt achievements and will do those objectives even if we've already done them for the week.  It just allows for more group activities to be done, which is always a plus.

Q5) Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

A5) Yes.  Season 2 & S3, across multiple servers, even the 100 objectives which take more time than just the season itself.  I don't think it's hard, but I also don't consider myself a casual either.  There are times when I had less than a day left, on a couple of servers and I managed to knock out 7/7 on all of them.  Even if you're falling behind the catch up mechanic is a God send, and a very good credit sink.  However again, this requires you to know and understand the game.  If you're new, you probably don't know how to make money well.  The catch up mechanic won't really be as useful cause you'll be broke.  You won't be as good at doing things like acquiring medals in PvP scenarios, and might have anxiety about certain OPs.  So while I generally think it's easy, I could see how others might not.

Q6) How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

A6) Honestly I don't even really pay attention to it, till later on in the week.  By that point I've already accidentally done 3 / 7 or 4 / 7 objectives.  Then I just look for the objectives that give the most points and knock them out real quick.  On servers I don't normally play, I just look for the most time effecient ones, and knock them out within a few hours.  I will say, while GS is fairly casual and easy enough to knock out, I can not say the same thing about the PvP track.  I know it's off subject, but I only bring it up because I hope that is not the direction you guys want to go with S4 & beyond.  The PvP achievements and Seasonal track are grindy AF.  Keep things as they are with GS. 

Q7) Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

A7) Overall GS are pretty good. S2 > S3 and I think the majority would agree with me, but I'm not really going to complain much about free stuff since I'm subbing anyways. As I've said, I appreciate making obsolete content relevant.  I do think better season themes like I've suggested in A1 would go along way.  I'm not a game designer, so I'm just throwing stuff at the wall, but I'm sure you people can make something more fun than kill x number of trash mobs, or click a button. If some of those suggestions are to difficult to do, you could at least do something like season of friendship.  Gain 2x the rep then you normally would for the remainder of the season, and companion gifts give 2x the influence.  Or season of the warrior, gain 2x the valor then you normally would for the duration of the season.  Something that's not just there as an afterthought but actually makes the season a bit more unique.  I think that if valor was 2x for instance, then the valor boosts would become more important as that 25% would essentially be giving you the equivalent of 50% and people would be more likely to spend money on those too. 

Also I think for those of us who have missed any of the seasons prior, an ability to gain decos from former seasons would be nice.  Even for those of us who haven't missed seasons, some of the decos are like 10 / 50 for instance.  But you only get 10 of them on a server, which makes no sense.  Surely you don't expect us to transfer characters from every other server to our main to max out on those decos.  Bring back former season companions.  I know you brought back S1 weapons & mounts, but still no companion. I'm sure some probably missed the S2 one as well, and will be looking forward to those things too.  Things like conquest commendations, Iokath Recombinator, and tech frags are horrible rewards.  Those need to be changed too.  Even for a casual those have to be pretty easy to farm, I can't imagine anyone wanting them.   I'm sure there's more stuff, but that's all I got atm.

• Like 2

The rep grind and missions completion cheevos should be more in line with the 100 levels of the season.  We completed level 100 long ago, but having to keep wasting time doing objectives week to week long after level 100 is achieved is really annoying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1.  I am enjoying the Galactic Seasons system.

2. Altuur and Fen were great, but PH4-LNX was the weakest of the set. I think an improvement would be using these companions to introduce new species like the Vurk. So far, Altuur has been my favorite.

3. The rewards are hit or miss. I think it would be interesting to see the rewards that are more aligned with the Jedi or Sith than mercenaries. Ultimately, I think it would be great to introduce a Galactic Season specifically designed to produce new items unique to the original classes. A Jedi Knight season or an Imperial Agent season that provide new armor sets and weapons tailored to their individual backgrounds.

4. I think the content is varied well and there's usually enough for solo players like me to get the needed points.

5. Completing Galactic Seasons requires a lot of grinding that is a little harsh for those with full-time jobs. I'd recommend decreasing the total number of Weekly objectives to 50 instead of 100 for the achievements. 

6. When I play through new toons, I'm able to seamlessly complete season objectives for the most part. Sometimes, I have to swap to another character better equipped to handle Flashpoints or higher-level content.

7. Increase the Galactic Seasons token cap so we can keep more on hand for purchasing previous rewards. It might also be nice to offer the companions and achievement customizations as BoP items from the vendors for people who missed past seasons.

1.  How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

Seasons have really revitalized my interest in SWTOR and gotten me to play a lot more between updates, ontop of the new PvP seasons I have a nice variety of things to work toward in between the larger content / CM updates.

2.  Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

So far the companions have been pretty good, I think. The fact that they don't speak basic is an annoying but understandable limitation of VA costs. Overall, I'm a fan of creative direction that they continue to move in and absolutely love that they have unique appearances and aren't just retextured or repurposed NPCs. Overall Altuur has been my favorite GS companion so far due to his appearance and personality. ( Please allow players to obtain a version of Altuur's outfit that we can wear! His little cape is so good! )

3.  Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

As a fan of the criminal underworld I feel like I've been spoiled so far with Galactic Seasons, haven't had any real complaints about any of the rewards offered so far and Season 2 has been far and away my favorite due to how versatile and adaptable it's armor sets, mounts and decorations were. Overall, I'm seeing a lot of grumbling in the community at the moment about GS throwing out three underworld themed seasons back to back and even though they're my preferred theme - I think it's high time we did a theme that catered more to our force-using friends. ( Throw in a plain hood as one of the armor rewards that can be worn separately from it's chestpiece and you'd make all of us underworld players happy anyway. )

I should mention, in regards to Cartel Coins that you guys are already charging us out the nose for everything on the Cartel Market and give us basically nothing for our monthly grant. (Three months of subscribing for a single mid tier armor set? Are you insane?) No offense, but you guys don't really have an ethical leg to stand on when it comes to stripping back 2000 cartel coins from us, which is in itself not a whole lot of value in SWTOR's overpriced cartel market store.

4.  Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Not a huge amount to say here, I don't tend to pay much attention to the season objectives themselves unless I'm really looking to grind out some levels. I do remember Starfighter coming up a lot, which was a bit of a pain considering how hard it can be to get matches going and how long they take on average (And how much I suck at that mode). Overall I wouldn't want it to be taken out of the rotation, maybe just have it appear a bit less.

5.  Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Haven't personally had any trouble completing any of the seasons yet - I don't play every day but I'm a fairly regular player and tend to complete seasons a month or two ahead of their respective ends.

6.  How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Pretty seamlessly I must say, if there are any season objectives that don't fall into my regular player habits I don't mind going a bit out of my way and find it fun to mess with other game systems or mechanics I don't normally touch.

7.  Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Next season suggestions:

- A seasoned themed around one of Star Wars' many force using cults like the Baran Do (Kel'Dor Monk Companion) or Sorcerers of Tund (Crazy Wizard Companion)
- A seasoned themed around the Kaleesh, a rather slept on Race that doesn't get much play in SWTOR outside of poor Xalek. Would make for some nice tribal looking rewards.
- A season themed around the Rakata? Honestly, you guys could do anything and I've been impressed with the creativity so far. Rakatan stuff could be pretty neat, lord knows there's plenty of inspiration for Rakatan rewards in the old Dark Horse comics. Here's looking at you Xesh.

Overall, my experience with seasons has been overwhelmingly positive and I think it's done a tremendous favor to SWTOR. But there are a couple of things that I don't really get or think could be improved. Personally, I find the reputation element introduced in season 2 to be pretty useless and unnecessary - When it comes to recent reputation grinds like Makeb or Ruhnuk, there's always some big prize at the end that you're gunning for like an outfit or decoration - But with Season 2 and 3, all you were grinding for was a couple of titles and some achievements.

Other than that, I think Galactic Seasons could benefit from some kind of post completion reward system, similar to what's done in games like Fallout 76 - Where once you complete the season, you'll be able to continue grinding objectives indefinitely as long as the season is running to earn consumable / currency rewards like dye satchels, tech fragments, conquest boosts, etc, etc.

Edited by IIHawkerII

1. Quote

It's good. Run a few group stuffs I rarely have the chance to do outside of season.
  2. Quote

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

The background stories serves it's purpose. I think S3 companion is most interesting but I have a soft spot for droids.
    However, I STRONGLY SUGGEST putting the GS companions somewhere else (maybe a spare room on Odessen) because not everyone wants them on their personal ship (it's more of a personal space), but please consider how ANNOYINGLY CROWDED our ship will be if we are in GS S10?
  3. Quote

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Not impressed with the reduced CC subscribers can get in S3. It's a HUGE set back.
    Since the purpose of GS is to get customers to play more, then don't be stingy about the motivation offered. Especially when G2 is a massive improvement of G1 that provided great rewards. G3 is a let down compared to G2.
    As for the general rewards, more decorations is always welcome to me, whether it's legacy bond GS specific decorations or decoration packs that give CM decorations.
  4. Quote

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

I have no problem finishing the weekly 7/7 objectives.
  5. Quote

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes. On SF and SS. Those are two servers I'm active. I planned on doing more on other servers but gave up due to 3.
    The amount of effort required is right. Don't need more, don't need less.
    I do realized I miss the "finish 100 objectives" achievement because I tend to finish the objectives that give 12 points, so I finished the season without completing 100 objectives (I completed 80 or so).
  6. Quote

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

As mentioned in 5. I think right now the balance is good and do not need changes. I think being able to finish GS on 2 servers while not affecting overall play style should be good balance, since long term players tend to play on 2 servers, one their main, one for alts, convenient geological location etc.. 
  7. Quote

Would love to have a GS companion that speaks basic. I'm not a fan of the generic alien gibberish.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BryantWood said:

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

I enjoy the overarching system and think it was a net positive for the game which has long struggled with establishing content cycles that could keep people engaged over lengthy periods beyond more and more story. One of the best additions made to the game in a long time, supplementing conquest, which seems to keep things lively.

What's the point of giving more gimmick companions that lose any relevance once a season is up? Altuur had a unique ability, for as minor as it may be, but it showed a break with the ultra-homogenization that was done to companions a while back, to the detriment of the experience. Why can't companions have abilities that stand out anymore? If seasons companions had abilities, even if they were BUSTED, that would GREATLY improve my thoughts on them. So far I've liked PPH4-LNX the most because her background is actually interesting and has a splash of that Star Wars goofiness to it. Altuur's appeal came and went for me for their ability alone (Kubaaz isn't my type but I appreciate the diversity), and Fen Zeil felt very hollow and ANNOYING to collect customizations for. But BRING BACK UNIQUENESS TO COMPANIONS

I'm iffy on the rewards, but that's to be expected. There's a lot of them and they're themed, so if the theme isn't you, the whole thing gets discarded, but I've liked s2 and 3's weapons for the most part. Not a fan of companion gifts, remarkably low amounts of commendations, or non-stackable dyes, but the rest is actually solid. Random packs are lame to me, but I do own most mounts, weapons, and sets as far as that goes. Would like more character titles and less legacy ones though, the legacy ones don't do anything for me. Maybe even a random CM companion pack? Or themed decorations that play nice with various SHs? Idk, we know vanity rules here, so lean into that. The vanity in this game puts its competitors to SHAME.

For the most part, yes. I wish there were more options for each game activity, like instead of medals for gsf/wz, completion of weeklies multiple times counted so progress would be made one way or another. Maybe its just exacerbated by the pvp changes and gsf being plagued with afkers, idk, but yeah alternatives would be nice. Or offering them as bonus progress after completing the main ones. All I know is I HATE the snail pace advancing. 

It requires little effort, though the catchup is ridiculous (seems designed for a specific group of people to be honest, and not just the lazy wealthy). Not too easy, not too hard. Not artificially gating progress so hard would be awesome though.

It fits into it fairly little. I log in at reset most times, knock out like 5 of the weeklies shortly, then let myself get the rest passively. I actually love this part of it.

Return the original CC reward and cost of unlocks. You're not affecting the people you need to be aiming for, and we know who you should be looking at as far as the player economy becoming a lopsided shipshow. Make the companions worth actually using COMBAT-WISE. Offer a means of bonus progression. Up the reputation weekly limit, my god is 5k so tedious. 

Please answer as many questions as you want! We’ll be gathering and using this feedback as we develop Season 4 and beyond to continue providing the best version of Galactic Seasons for our players.

I'll go on the record for this and say I'm not hopeful any of what we're saying will be factored in and produce favorable outcomes to what's been openly voiced since the hour s3 dropped. Surprise me though, I like those.

• Like 2

·         It was enjoyable and part of my motivation to play swtor on a daily basis since i stopped raiding endcontent. 

·         GS2 and GS3 companions had a lack of special abilities like Altuur had. They were just like the other 1000  companions we got from KOTFE, KOTET or Star Fortress.  

·         The armors and weapons that were offered in GS3 were ugly. Sorry to say that. The cartel packs are RNG that only gave me crap. If you want players to participate in CM Stuff, give them items directly instead via rng-crates. GS2 had the best reward track so far. GS3 the worst.

·         The season objectives were ok, the pvp objectives (BG/GSF) were pain for me. Most of the time i was part of a loosing team and had to do the maximum amount of matches to reach the objective. I hope you do not decrease the amount of pve-objectives where no other players are needed.

·         Yes, i was able to complete GS3 a while ago. The 100 weekly chievo is really odd and should be modified (daily objectives should count too) or being removed in future GS. The reward of this chievo should be part of the reward track. Please no more grind after reaching GS-Level 100!

·         Since the GS is part of my daily motivation to play swtor, i was able to progress while doing my normal acitivities.

6. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

·         Nothing to add beside the above, thank you.

1. I have enjoyed all 3 Galactic Seasons. Thanks for designing them!

2. I like the companions, though like a lot of the other posters, I'd prefer one who spoke Basic. I liked the conversations with all of them and the little missions with Fay. I agree with the comments that their combat bark frequencies are a little high.

3. I've enjoyed the rewards. I never buy cartel packs, so it's kind of fun to have the chance to open some. My only real complaint is that I've run out of things to spend the tokens on, like a lot of other long-time subscribers. The Fleet strongholds were great, though! As far as suggestions for additional rewards, I'd really like some bind-on-legacy offhands in addition to the mainhand weapons. And I agree with the suggestions to make the dyes stack or add them to collections, if that's possible.

4. I have really enjoyed the objectives—I think they're a nice mix. They give me some encouragement to participate in group content that I might not do as much otherwise: world bosses, PVP, GSF, and flashpoints. At the same time, there are plenty of objectives that can be done solo, including things like the GSI weeklies and seeker droid treasure hunts that I don't ordinarily do. I very much appreciate the opportunity to get points from crafting. And I like the objectives that require completing missions on characters with different origin stories—it's a good incentive to work on the story on different alts.

5. Yes, I got to level 100 in all 3 seasons with plenty of time to spare. I only play on one server and have no interest in completing the season on multiple servers. I really like how forgiving the season is, and I wouldn't want to feel pressured to do more. I was also able to get the 100 mission achievement last season and am on track to do it this season with time to spare.

6. This is a tough question for me. The season definitely affects what I choose to do during my playtime, but I don't think that's a bad thing, necessarily. On the other hand, I'm glad there's downtime after I'm done with the season and between seasons when I can focus on progressing different characters through their stories.

7. I see that a lot of people aren't fans of the reputation track. I actually like it for the steady stream of Conquest points during the season, but I certainly wouldn't complain if the devs added additional reputation rewards.

Edited by Hudlar
typo
  • Like 1

I would argue yours might be the best of these silly systems I have seen so far.

1. Enjoying it well enough.

2. The companions are largely 'meh' all being non-common speakers. (Also with a name like Phalanx I expected her to be like M4 not another SCORPIO)

3. Rewards are also 'meh' but I blame that on the seasonal themes so far. The unlock price in CC is 14x higher for Phalanx than any other companion so you REALLY missed the 'proper price point' for season 3 unlock prices.

4. The content focused on is hit or miss, I don't group for the most part and with only 10 Weeklys to chose from and an almost necessity to do 7 it can be annoying. Bump the number of choose-able weeklies to 15 and keep number you can do at 7.

5. Seasons still require a little too much effort, Increase choose-able weeklies to 15 and keep number you can complete at 7.

6. Hit or miss, I wouldn't say many (or any) objectives are under the "would do during normal activities" at all. Frequently the objectives are to go back to planets you haven't been to in quite awhile. The only ones that might be current area would be the get Conquest points weeklies which are very generic. So you absolutely do have to go out of your way to complete objectives.

7. PLEASE, PLEAAAAAASSSSEEEE create a new Neutral planet! Stop sending us to F'ing Nar Shadda for every single season.

At first: thanks a lot for taking time to ask for feedback! :)

As a completionist any logged progress is an itch I need to scratch, which means that the rewards are not something that motivate me, but the progress bar in legacy. As such my main issue is the time-bound system. I understand the idea, but prefer systems like cycled events, as this means one can complete things later. Achievement points (so non-zero achievements) make it worse, so having unavailable companions needed for achievements is something I do not like.

Looking at the current season the lack of possibility to catch up in terms of mission progress towards 100 is an issue for me.

Having two different seasons (PVE and PVP) in parallel adds to that - with limited time one needs to prioritize.

1. Quote

Good improvement with the system since Season 2. 

2. Quote

My favorite is Altuur. Overall I think they're okay, I get the non-voiced route because of the VA budget but it would be nice to have a basic speaking one. Maybe a new alien Force user in the future? Their specific companion gifts should be purchasable with credits without getting them to lv50. It'll be a good credit sink. 

3. Quote

Season 3 is the worst. Putting the (ultimate) cartel packs in exchange of nerfed coins reward is not the improvement you think it is. It's not an effective way to combat inflation if what those packs drop are unsellable trash that doesn't contribute to demand & supply. Let people have their coins so they can buy what they want. The deco packs can stay. Echoing the dyes need to stack. 

4. Quote

Wishing less of dailies that require latest story completion. If only skipping the stories aren't as punishing. Also agree with the 100 objectives (not lvl) achievement needing to be gone.

5. Quote

I'm farming 4 servers. I completed one, not so far behind with the other 3. There are some weeklies that require too much effort but it's understandable. I always skip the crafting ones because newer players aren't gonna have that much resources to complete it! World bosses require luck and timezones aligning to do which I almost never have, but (this might be irrelevant to the topic) why would you increase the amount of WBs required for [ Priority Targets ] from 3 to 4??? At least make it more rewarding!

6. Quote

I mostly log to do Seasons anyways but honestly; I'm getting burned out. This season might be the last for me since the (coins) rewards are so nerfed it truly isn't worth the time sink, sub, and effort. 

7. Quote

Put more items to spend Galactic Tokens on. Maybe those retired, purple stats Cartel outfits or random (deco, armor, weapons, etc) packs of varying rarity. Or the DvL rewards for those who missed it (deco banners, lvling armor, mount, etc). There's really not a lot of point on maxing out the reputation other than achievements.

I'll edit the post once more suggestions come up to me. 

• Like 1

Feedback GS questions:

1- I enjoy it, it gives me things to do in the game while I can earn rewards over the span of 2-3 months.

2- As others mentioned, Companions need to speak basic. Not all of them need to have a VO, it worked with Altuur, worked with Fen Zeil too but PH4-LNX should have got a VO. It might have made her more interesting and perhaps more endearing. While I understand you have to dub every characters who speaks basic in 3 languages every single time, I think some of us would rather a basic speaking comp who talk less than a huttesse speaking comp who talk more.

3- Some rewards are not my taste, but some of them are really good, like the G.A.M.E jacket from GS3, it's simple yet it fits with a smuggler, even tough these ones have a visual bug I mentioned a few weeks ago. And as for what I'd like in the rewards, depending the theme(s) of the next season(s) I'd like to see more simple Jedi-ish robes and/or armored Jedi-ish robes with the less skin tight style that give more "realistic" body proportions the art team uses with newer sets, since most of older sets parts are clipping really hard with newer parts, I think we need more parts if we want to mix and match a Jedi-ish outfit (This suggestion is more of a personal wish but other classes needs love too). But if the theme(s) stays in the underworld area, I think more casual outfits like GS3 ones would be awesome, no need to be always extravagant when a simple jacket and/or tank top can do the job, haha!

4- Honestly, the Season 2 & 3 objectives design kept me engaged in the grind unlike season 1 where the objectives design was very archaic to the point I didn't even bother to grind the season, althrough I liked some rewards. I think there's enough for everyone.

5- As mentioned above, I didn't bother to play GS1 due to it's objectives design that I didn't like at all. GS2 I had to Catch-Up the 19 last levels as my subscription was about to run out and unfortunately couldn't have the possibility to resub once more in order to finish it naturally, so it wasn't a great way to conclude this one. I had the opportunity to finish GS3 naturally and the feeling was better than GS2.

6- I almost always found a way to complete objectives while doing things I'm used to do without GS. 

7- The current objectives design is great, no need to change it! As for the rewards, I mentioned above, more outfits with the new art style from Jedi robes to Smuggler jackets would be amazing. More companion customizations, For example, a Kira customization with longer hair, new makeup and maybe differents eyebrows but with keeping her original face, skintone, eye colors and hair color, the already available customizations change her too much and personally breaks my immersion, I'd just want to see a mature Jedi Knight Kira in LoTS and not the Padawan from the Jedi Knight story that took place almost 20 years ago timeline-wise. Also with kotFE companions, Lana could have new customizations with new outfit(s) that replace her gray armor and/or a new hairstyle to once again show that time have passed since those events. Theron could have a graying hair customization etc... I could go on with customizations topic but it would become a novel and not a feedback lmao. And also yes, make the dyes stackable! Currently it takes too many space in our legacy bank/cargo hold for nothing.

Feedback for inflation issue:

While the CCs rewarded may have an impact on it, the team should find a way to make us sink our credits naturally too, as long there's many credits in circulation, inflation won't decrease, at least not noticeably. Also if/when you find the way to do this, the credit cap for preferred players needs to be increased at the very least to be able for them to use the hypothetic credits sink, I remember the special tokens last year for Nar Shaddaa nightlife event priced at 120M each or something, only subscribers could have the use of it while I'm sure many preferred players had lots of credits waiting to be spent. If we can't spend them when preferred, then right at the moment we sub once again, those credits are back in circulation. Keeping them out of a potential credits sink won't help to decrease inflation.