Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

1 hour ago, Skarkdahn said:

Make the reputation tracks easier to progress along. Requiring player effort for completing objectives and the system as a whole is fine, but the weekly 5,000 reputation limit feels too restrictive (maybe a weekly limit of at least 7,500?)

I think a good balance to this, would be to start the season with a decent/low weekly limit, but then raise it as the season goes on, so that it's easier to catch up at the end, in case people join late, or if real life gets in the way partway through the season.

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? 
    1. In general yes, it does what it's intended to do keep logging in and do various things in game. So working as intended.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
    1.  So far OK. Didnt really enjoy PH4-LNX. but diversity means not every one gets what they want.  
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
    1. I currently struggle is with the Galactic Seasons tokens. As someone who has everything that's offered on the vendors its frustrating in that my main option for spending the tokens is to get companion gifts for the seasons companions. Compared to the other rewards it feels like a disproportionate waste and not quite to the same value as the other rewards. I really wish there were more options from earlier, or specialty items only available from GS Tokens that are not available anywhere else in game. 
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
    1. First few weeks are a nice, however it would be nice if every week was different not just A, B, C, D, E, back to A, B, C etc and cycling pattern. Under appreciated or infrequent content is nice to see as a means to dive into areas where it may take a lot of people and the season gives a push to get these things done. 
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
    1. completed all 3. Starting to feel a bit repetitive 

6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
    1. seems to blend in fairly well in, If anything it changes what I would do to to obtain conquest points based off what's available. Or its an item that can relatively be done quickly and doesnt feel like too much of a burden
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    1. Keep the variety. There's only so many times where killing the same enemy over and over again because the same GS event has come around week after week. 

The GS is nice, but there are very few things on the vendor that I buy, considering I have been here since the beginning and, therefore, nothing there for someone like me.  (Not a fan of armor) I have all the companions and all the decorations.  So, I wind up just wasting the tokens since there is nothing I like.

I'm not a fan of the PVP missions, but that is my choice.  There isn't anything that can get me to PVP.  If my boyfriend can't convince me, then there is  nothing the game can do to persuade me.

Edited by casirabit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, casirabit said:

The GS is nice, but there are very few things on the vendor that I buy, considering I have been here since the beginning and, therefore, nothing there for someone like me.  (Not a fan of armor) I have all the companions and all the decorations.  So, I wind up just wasting the tokens since there is nothing I like.

Not a fan of the PVP missions but that is my choice.  There isn't anything that can get me to PVP.

I think on this point there are SEVERAL of us on the same page!

+1

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, BryantWood said:
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

1. Overall yes, gives me reason to do things I might not normally be tempted to run, because they are less efficient, not my usual cup of tea, etc., but at least it provides some variety.
  2. Not really, while they do seem like good idea in theory, be the execution is severely lacking. They are not particularly memorable, nor do they seem to have much of a reason to tag along (nor do many of our character feel like having a reason to let them tag along)
    The fact they speak various forms of gobbledygook does not help whatsoever. I tend to sort of zone out whenever the "cheap/classic" dialogue system (black bars with conversation options that do not really fell like they matter) pops up.
    At least having them speak in Basic would be great, though obviously having it completely voiced voice be much better
  3. Speaking purely on S3
    Weapons: No, absolutely atrocious design, they look like toy guns, previous season had much better designs
    Armor: Do not really feel unique, just another baggy jacket/pants that are dime a dozen.
    Decos: Not bad, though the NPCs wear weapons and armor that as mentioned look rather "meh"
    Mounts: The animals mounts are pretty great looking, the vehicles are bit meh
    Dyes: I would be very happy to see these go away as rewards altogether (or at very least let us stack Dyes in inventory/banks)
  4. I think it is pretty good mix of stuff you can do solo, with a guild in a quick night run
  5. Yes, though I would say you might consider reducing the Achievement for 100 Weeklies to something like 75/80. Subscribers usually end the season at some 65-70 weeklies, and the remaining 30 feel a bit like a chore
  6. Normally, I do not feel the need to alter my activities that much
  7. More ways to spend GS Token for diligent players, or up the cap. I have ran into the limit several times during GS3, and the rewards on vendors were either stuff I already had, or did not find desirable.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BryantWood said:

The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

I'd like to hear some elaboration on this if possible. If you're referring to credit inflation I just don't see how players having more access to CC could possibly contribute to that. 

• Like 1

One thing that does come to mind:  Weapons that are given out on GS3 (the cannon for the trooper in particular).  I REALLY love the sound effects.  BUT .. electric blue???  

[/Facepalm]

At the very least make a dye available for Gunmetal / Black (and yes, an appropriate slot to place it in) ....  The cannon itself is totally awesome!!  (Just lose the electric blue or candy apple red).  Do that and you're good to go for that weapon!

• At first it was a bit fun because it brought a bit of relevance to old content and a bit of diversion.  However, all these progressions (daily log in, conquest, GS, PVP Season) don't seem to be very complimentary to each other.  That is, I find I have to decide which I'll spend my time on because a) completing them all seems unlikely unless you're hardcore and b) they don't tend to line up with what people want to do on a given day so its either 'play with friends for fun' or 'complete a grind for cheevo'.
    • Honestly, this game has tooooooo many Companions.  We're capped at 8 for deployment and can only have 1 summoned for gameplay at a time.....there's only so many variants of a bi-pedal humanoid/robot that you can churn out until it feels pointlessly repetative.
    • I loved the Palpatine style sabers in Season 3 - they're what drove me to want to complete it.  However, the colours are garish....I would really, really appreciate it if we could dye them.  Aside from that, I really only play it for the free CC.  Obviously am dissapointed the amount was dropped, and I understand your rationale....though I'm not sure I agree with/believe your conclusion i.e. what do you have to back up the claim that it drove inflation?  Commonality is not causality.  Also, there are too many tokens being given out.  Once you've unlocked the strongholds, you're constantly bumping into the cap of 15 with nothing interesting to spend them on (at least not if you're a veteran who already has the companions).
    • I feel like Season 3 was really repetative, that the same objectives recycled more than the other 2 seasons (can't back that up empirically).  I also think the thresholds are set too high for some group content where you're at the mercy of queues.....x many matches, y many medals, etc.
    • Its a grind and takes dedication if you want to do all the cheevo's.  It wasnt until after I'd completed the progression to 100 on the tracker that I realized there was an achievement tied to the weekly's.  Trying to get those banged off now, but not likely to complete on all servers (see dependency on queues above).
    • I can pick up some GS doing things I like, but as noted above, it really feels like an either/or situation.  Like I tune out guild activity/fun when GS is running and then turn back to fun once I hit 100.
    1. Fewer companions unless you plan to give us a reason for needing 200 comps.....e.g. revamp the skill missions so we can send squads instead of singles.....or let us have 2+ active like in KOTOR or some chapters. 
    2. Do something about the dye's.....surely server performance is being impacted by so many single use, non-stackable items.  Ideally they'd be an unlock, but barring that, stack em or put them into item stash instead of inventory.
    3. Tie Galactic Seasons to a real-world unit of time e.g. we have 4 seasons on Earth.....we don't have Winter for 6 months, then nothing, then Summer.....well wait, maybe where I live we do.  But there doesnt seem to be a logic to the start/end/duration of GS.
    4. GS Tokens for other stuff.  How about letting us use them to buy GSF ships or cosmetics (paint jobs, engine reactants, gas canister etc)?  Heck, how about some new GS Unique ship models?  Or maybe a unique Guild Ship?  Or as a currency for unlocking stronghold / guild ship rooms?
  • Like 1

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? What works best for me with GS is that I prefer to log on with a specific thing I intend to do.  As I start reaching end game on my leading characters, that can become difficult.  GS gives me a focus on doing something.  I’m also glad to see it end because it can block progression.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far? I have another vote for making Altuur available and sticking with giving GS comps abilities to set them apart.  It helps to get companions that can readily be taken to 50 for my pre-eternal expansion characters.  Phalanx talks too much, uses way too many gaming metaphors, and basically becomes background noise.  By the time GS2 was done, I’d come to like Fenn, but a voice actor in basic with a broader conversation range would be so very welcome…
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track? The offered rewards are OK.  I’m not a big CC consumer, so that affected me less than others.  The GS3 items were fairly ugly as a rule, but I guess they fit the theme.  I mostly look forward to the items that assist with doing GS, like the GAME tokens.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less? I don’t really have a complaint about the content.  I do not do PVP/GSF, and I don’t play a lot of group content, so requiring war zone, GSF, world bosses and the seeker droid/binocular missions don’t get used.  Some weeks I get all 7, some weeks I get 5.  Occasionally I get 4 done.  I average enough tasks to get the 100 weeklies done with some margin.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? I restarted the game during GS1, but I was too busy getting re-acquainted with the game to realize it was going on.  Since then, I had no issues.  Well, other than not realizing the reputation limits per week had me doomed to not finish reputation in GS2 until it was too late.  I’ve fixed that in GS3.  I’d say neither too easy nor too much effort.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy? YI started GS3 really looking forward to it, with GS2 being my first exposure to the system.  By the time I’m done, I’m ready to move on to progression for a while, but by the time the next season rolls around, I’m looking forward to the structure.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? Improve the appearance and functionality of the gear.  Make it something of an achievement to get and use.  Improve the interaction with the companion, and make them someone to keep using as opposed to checking an achievement and moving on.

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

They're OK. I appreciate the variety of species and storylines, for sure.

I wish they would speak Basic, and I wish even more that when they were interacting with my characters, I got to hear my characters' voices and see their facial expressions. "Classic conversations" are one of the worst things to happen to this game.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Overall I am happy with the mix. However, it would be even better if the "kill X enemies" / "do X missions" objectives were focused on planets with hard-to-grind achievements, like Rishi (for missions) or Iokath (for kills). Sometimes they are, but some weeks I'm trying to find a planet where I can make progress on both seasons and remaining achievements at once, and I cannot.

See also my answer below about fitting into a desired play session.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Get to level 100, yes. Finish 100 weeklies, no. Finish the reputation track, I could if I were diligent, but it's too easy to forget.

Basically, the time-limited achievements for pushing yourself very hard, are frustrating. Maybe you could change them to be cumulative, e.g., after I've done 100 GS weeklies (across all seasons) I get the season 1 title; 200 I get the season 2 title; etc.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

When I'm playing SWTOR, my favorite activities are operations and advancing the single-player stories. These rarely fit in with Seasons. When there's a "play 15 missions as (some origin story)" objective for classes I haven't yet driven all the way to the end, I'm very excited. I just got to take my Bounty Hunter through the first part of Makeb last week which was great.

However, to be honest, without Seasons I would probably be prioritizing other games,over SWTOR operations and single-player stories. So, good job on the player retention mechanism :)

• How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

It's good, gives players a reason to do random stuff in the game that there are otherwise no real rewards from, like getting rep/imp base champion achievements and actually get more than an achievement etc.

• Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I don't really use them after I've done their content (achievements, current objectives etc.), mostly because they do not speak basic. The exception is that I've used Altuur sometimes because I like his unique ability. Please make more of that.

• Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Yes the rewards are great, especially this season with the Super Prinawe Custom at level 100 that gives more base movement speed for low level alts. When reducing the Cartel Coins rewards, you should really put in some Gold Armor Pack and Gold Mount Pack, I've not gotten anything but socorro weapons that sells for <5k credits and a couple decorations from the BtL ultimate packs (do they have the same loot table as the CM version?)

• Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Galactic Season 2 was a big step up from S1, because of the changes to daily/weekly objectives, and I really enjoyed that. Season 3 however, is almost identical to S2, in that I feel more like a hamster in a wheel doing chores that I've seen before. I'm not sure what parts of the game I'd like to see more, I like to be surprised! Season 3 has been just more of the same except the one objective where you catch cheaters, which is not very fun compared to defeating insectoids or putting on an armor and creating infighting in the cartels. It just gives a little bit of flavor which is decent.

Also, I'm one of the guys who think including reputation in these last 2 seasons is great, because of the reputation conquest objective. Please do that going forward as well!

• Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes so far I've done everything in S1 and S2, with only a couple of objectives in S3 left for next week. The 100 objectives doesn't really match up with the effort of getting 100 levels or max reputation, should be 70 so that it could be done in 10 of 20 weeks.

The objectives themselves are easy (veteran player here), and most weeks I log in after weekly reset on Tuesday and do them in an hour or two. I like that it's quickly completable each week considering we have to do this for quite a long time, also now that PvP season is on, that takes up most of my gaming time, I look forward to the feedback thread on that...

• How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Like I said, the season objectives I get done in a short amount of time, so it doesn't interfere much with the content I enjoy more. Also, it does encourage me to do stuff that I seldom do anymore, giving me a break from my routine 😛

• Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

I'd like some fresh objectives. 0/8 missions and 0/100 enemies objectives are getting tiresome even though they are very open-ended and we're free to approach them from many angles. Get creative! But if you don't, please don't make it harder or more time-consuming than what it is now.

Just thinking about the nomenclature of most of the available missions for points in GS.   
** PvP
** PvE
** Group
** Solo

IMO there simply needs to be a balance for each of these.  Some that are primarily PvP really see most of the GS experience as something that could (and probably does) take away from the time that they need to spend in other areas of the game.  In each of the remaining classes mentioned above I'm almost certain that the majority pf players would prefer a balance in the approach to making better use of time / energy in an area that they enjoy (aka "fun factor").

Bonus rewards anyone?  Well ..  perhaps in areas that are more difficult... without question there should be.

Just something that's been in the back of my mind since we started posting in this thread.

Regarding "useless" GS tokens.

Would it be nice to buy highly demanded consumable stuffs like the B/B dye with GS tokens?

1-3 tokens for a B/B dye that binds on purchase (so it can't be sold) sounds nice.

Or makes it 5 tokens for a B/B dye so the most people can get in 1 season is 3. Pretty reasonable imo.

Edited by eabevella
  • Like 2

1. I generally enjoy Galactic Seasons, especially the way it makes it easy to PUG group content I'd otherwise be to shy to put together a group for. 

2. I love PH4-LNX for establishing that not all the GEMINI droids died anticlimactically and just generally looking very cool. I'm more neutral on Fen Zeil, though I enjoy the way that the rewards on the track were all tightly themed around the Shadow Syndicate. Altuur ended up feeling like a generic Kubaz whose rewards had more to do with him being an anteater than having a personality.

3. The Czerka weapons were undermined by the new Nightlife and Feast of Prosperity weapons that were also released this year and have a similar color scheme with way cooler designs. The armor sets did a great job of filling a niche for high res, casual sets. It felt weird that the decorations were themed after Iokath instead of G.A.M.E., but I liked having an alternate appearance for my stronghold mailboxes.

4. I generally like the objectives. I liked how right after PvP Seasons launched, there were PvP objectives for two weeks in a row. I do think warzone queues are longer on weeks where there's no warzone objective, so selfishly I would like one of those every week.

5. Last season I had computer troubles that kept me from being able to start until two months in, and I really appreciated still being able to complete the track. The achievements do a good job of providing a stretch goal without having rewards so amazing you feel bad for not being able to get there.

6. When it's running, Galactic Seasons is the thing my play sessions revolve around. Sometimes this leaves me without time or energy to pursue my own goals, but more often it means that I'm playing SWTOR when I would otherwise be playing another game.

7. I'm a little concerned the reputation tab is going to get cluttered up with reputation tracks that new players can't progress, and I'm not sure why we need a reputation track for every season. 

• Like 1

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall

1. The pace going though is OK, enjoyable? This will be answered over the 7 questions.

2.Companion is OK, however as one or two others have said the companion not specking basic gets old very fast and overall gets annoying. Not just GS comps but this go's for any companion. I do like getting a companion as part of GS though, just wish it were more rewarding, such as having unique abilities, The conversations how it is been done just does not work for me. Many of us mentioned this before when this style of conversation was introduced with KotFE

3. Rewards were just poor. What I mean by that is, I played on two accounts on all servers, so 10 servers in total. Yet I open cartel packs, decoration packs, mount packs, weapon packs yet got the same items on all 10 servers? Not necessary in the same order but same items overall. The actual GS3 armour sets were also.....well a question to players, is anyone using them? I have not even bothered to unlock any in collections let alone account wide. The GS3 decoration (not ones out of cartel packs, were the only thing ok this season. Dye were well.. personal preference only using 1 of them.

4. Season objectives were OK, some weeks better than others but what I liked others may not so overall most will get weeks better for them. The Craft objectives were a bit extreme, just a little to much needed.

5. yes, on one account on all servers and level 80 on the other, sub ran out on that account, but now my main account is finished i have re-started on the other. So yes completable, as i dare say most won't be doing 10 servers.

6. No, for the most part, had to put everything on hold to do this, one or two exceptions when having to do 15 quests by a certain class, in which case for the objective alone i did fit it into what i would normally be doing.

7. Cartel coins instead of having 400cc mainly towards the end, have them how you had them in GS1 & GS2.

GS venders need work, having the companion customizations was a good start this season, need to expand on that. For the most part I just already had anything you could buy, by completing the season, had to just waste tokens as got the 15 max. So need more to buy. how about the following:

Companions that are not available to all classes. Such as Mako, only available to Smuggler and Bounty Hunter, can do this with all the others, including Star Fortress comps. Put all on rotation and add customizations for all. 

New Stronghold, this was something to work towards and if done right can carry over from season to season as you did with GS 1 & 2.

Any cartel packs, really I just don't believe the items in these packs are as random as you claim, after 3 seasons still getting Hutt Ball suits, still getting antique weapons on all 10 servers each season, same decorations as last two times on each server, gold decoration same as you can get doing flashpoints?  (two accounts on each server)? 

OK, I get it, all the stuff is free, I get that I really do...but you did ask.

Edited by DreadtechSavant
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, floraandfaunna said:

7. I'm a little concerned the reputation tab is going to get cluttered up with reputation tracks that new players can't progress, and I'm not sure why we need a reputation track for every season. 

This actually shouldn't be an issue for future players as the Galactic Seasons reputation tracks seem to be hidden until you get your first Reputation item adding reputation points to the track (which you cannot get without having PH4-LNX). So for any future people who are new to SWTOR the old Galactic Seasons tracks should be hidden.

2 hours ago, DreadtechSavant said:

Any cartel packs, really I just don't believe the items in these packs are as random as you claim, after 3 seasons still getting Hutt Ball suits, still getting antique weapons on all 10 servers each season, same decorations as last two times on each server, gold decoration same as you can get doing flashpoints?  (two accounts on each server)?

I highly suspect the same thing regarding the various packs seasons rewards. This is all anecdotal off course, but especially the Decorations packs appear to very obvious regarding this. Several of my guildmates got same decos from those (or different people getting same deco drops others got from them last season), not to mention you can actually clearly spot on the GTN an overflow of specific decos that seem to commonly drop from the Galactic Seasons Deco packs. The Cartel Packs from seasons did seem to drop some actual good stuff for a few people in my guild however.

EDIT: As an example, I myself got the Rakghoul Research Table from a silver deco pack both this season and last season. And I know others who got that exact same deco from a silver deco pack this season as well.

Edited by Darthjantom

1. It's mostly enjoyable. I think there's a decent variety of activities each week.
  2. The companions are decent. I do wish there was a way to acquire past GS companions as I wasn't active during season 1.
  3.  The rewards are mostly okay. The dyes, however, are generally ugly and don't stack. I'd prefer either fewer dyes or ones that people would actually use.
  4. The objectives are mostly okay.
  5. I've completed 2 and 3 and found it reasonably easy to do so. I didn't complete 1 as I wasn't active then.
  6. For the most part, I can integrate GS in my normal gameplay. Sometimes, it incentivizes me to do activities like World Bosses that I'd normally not do.
  7. Mostly, my feedback is to make previous companions available. I also would like to be able to purchase more from the GS vendors. It's always very limited how much you can get during a season, even if you log on all 100+ days it's active.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, BryantWood said:

1. It's fun to get free stuff, so I always enjoy it. I usually start to get bored by the end though. Its starts to feel like a chore, and I'm no longer doing the weeklies for fun but just to gain levels or get the 100 weeklies achievement.

2. I would like to see a force user companion. They could be a Zakuul Knight (maybe they abandoned that path after the fall of their empire). It doesn't have to be that specifically. It could be some other gray force user, one that can believably join both Republic or Empire. I like what others said, speaking Basic would be nice, but make sure the companion doesn't speak after every battle. Make them more like Theron Shan, just occasional comments and they are short.

3. I will never like Ultimate Cartel Packs in place of Cartel Coins. Having Cartel Coins just gives a lot more freedom in how I spend them. I can get items I actually want. Furthermore, Ultimate Cartel Packs are unfair because a few players get lucky with platinum items while everyone else gets junk. Out of all the packs I got free this year, I only got maybe 2 or 3 items I will use. The rest are just sitting in my bank and will probably be sold on GTN or given away (when my bank fills up). One way to fix this would be to give Season Tokens in place of these Ultimate Cartel Packs. Then add vendors to the fleet that sell a good assortment of cartel market items for Season Tokens. These would be normal cartel market items that unlock in collections, except they would be bought with Season Tokens. This would give players a way to target their rewards a little bit. RNG from these packs doesn't give me much incentive to reach those levels. This would also help those players that already got all the Season Token rewards. They would have a lot more things to spend tokens on.

4. You have a good mix of content in the weeklies, but it would be really nice if each week had a unique set of weeklies. That would keep each week interesting. That might be hard for a whole season, but maybe the first 10 weeks are unique weeklies each week. Then the second 10 weeks they repeat again. Please keep it where a soloer can do 4-5 weeklies each week by themselves. That gives a lot of flexibility. I know I can keep up every week without having to do more than 1 or 2 group weeklies.

5. I didn't complete Season 1 because it was too tedious as a mostly solo player to finish, but I did both Season 2 and 3. I think the effort involved to get to level 100 is just right. It takes time, but I can get it done in 2 or 3 days. This gives me some time to do other things like story, leveling alts, or just messing around without any particular goals. I echo others in saying the 100 weeklies achievement is tedious. Once I get to level 100 for the season, it's not very rewarding to keep playing for the 100 weeklies achievement. One thing that would get me motivated is making each weekly give 25 Cartel Coins after you get level 100 for the season, or alternatively, add 500 cartel coins as a reward for completing the achievement.

6. I can get the weeklies done pretty quickly on one server but do get burned out if I do them on every server. Because I know I could be spending time on other servers getting more Cartel Coins, I feel like I can't spend much time on my own goals until I get level 100 on every server. I think everyone's different on this. Maybe some players are just fine sticking to their one server, but to me Cartel Coins are so rare to get just playing the game (20 here and there from achievements), it feels like a huge waste to not finish the season on every server.

7. I would like to see the season companion story missions expanded. They are really short. Give them some more meat. Unlike most companions, we aren't seeing these season companions in a multiple hour expansion story. We only learn about them through their story missions. The missions are so short, we really don't get to know much about them. Make each of their story missions about 30 minutes with phased areas, voice acting, cutscenes, and a few codex entries.

Edited by ThanderSnB

18 hours ago, Darthjantom said:

I highly suspect the same thing regarding the various packs seasons rewards. This is all anecdotal off course, but especially the Decorations packs appear to very obvious regarding this. Several of my guildmates got same decos from those (or different people getting same deco drops others got from them last season), not to mention you can actually clearly spot on the GTN an overflow of specific decos that seem to commonly drop from the Galactic Seasons Deco packs. The Cartel Packs from seasons did seem to drop some actual good stuff for a few people in my guild however.

EDIT: As an example, I myself got the Rakghoul Research Table from a silver deco pack both this season and last season. And I know others who got that exact same deco from a silver deco pack this season as well.

Yeah I also got the Rakghoul Research Table for the 10000th time when I open the gold deco packs. The blue walkhar speeder three times across 2 servers from the mount packs. Frontier Hunter guns from the weapon packs. Same items.

Don't even get me started with my RNG luck opening the (GS) Ultimate Cartel Packs...

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2023 at 4:57 PM, FlatTax said:

There's a lot to unpack. Briefly:

1. GS is a monetized grind with a timer. It sells gear Upgrade Mats and Companion levelling, which affect combat and crafting. That's a mobile-style problem.

2. Comps should be voice-acted and demonetized.

3. Demonetize the track, and make Augments/Kits a reward, and unlocked in Collections.

4. It's ok.

5. No. And let's be honest, most of us aren't intended to. That's why it's monetized. Change that.

6. It's constricting. Again, if we're being honest, that's by design. Frustrating players into cash purchases is the purpose of all monetized grinds. Stop it.

7. Demonetize GS for subscribers. Make subscribing the all-caps 'PREMIUM' experience you claim it to be.

I can see what ur saying about the commendations being available to actually purchase. But at the end of the day it's a miniscule amount of comms, which already have a weekly cap. So it's not as big of an issue as u make out. You can get far more comms/tech frags by just doing content in the game. 

Now as far as saying it's too hard to complete, ur smoked out my dood. There's still 5 weeks to go and I'm lvl 100 on two servers... I legit play about 10 hours a week, maybe 1.5 hours a day for like 6 days a week, haven't spent a dime in fact if ur doing GS correctly you are getting paid in ccs to play lol.

I see what ur saying about ppl being able to just buy their way to the end of the season but it's just accommodating whales. If someone wants to pay let them it's just to save time. I've not spent one dime on GS since it released. I've finished every track just by playing casually. It gives you weekly and more long term goals to keep the game fresh. Honestly to paint it in the light u are is not accurate whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I have not been able to complete a single Galactic Season since the start. I work and have a life that does not revolve around SWToR and only SWToR so I don't have the hours needed to grind out the100 levels. I have missed out on ALL the final rewards. But EVERY following Galactic Season I have been inundated with nothing but the junk accessory's for the rewards I missed in the previous Galactic Season. I no longer have any reason to participate in Galactic Seasons since there is NO LONGER any useful rewards other than the useless trash for the things I have missed and a load of garbage rewards that nobody wants.....

And now you want to shove more of this crap up our ...... No thank you.

21 hours ago, Darthjantom said:

This actually shouldn't be an issue for future players as the Galactic Seasons reputation tracks seem to be hidden until you get your first Reputation item adding reputation points to the track (which you cannot get without having PH4-LNX). So for any future people who are new to SWTOR the old Galactic Seasons tracks should be hidden.

Well what a shocker, I also got Research table on 9/10 servers, got hunters table on the other. Got Sitting Emperor deco on 4 servers and cannot remember name but the one you get from battle of ilom FP

As for good stuff from cartel packs, well of course what good or bad will depend of the players, but I was getting the same items on all 10 servers, the only item I consider rare or not had before from GS was one customization for Temple. I actually already had this but not from GS, it was at least not a Hutt Ball suit, an antique weapon.

I did get the odd other weapon which until this did not have, which was OK I guess, but again same one as all other servers. So now have 2/3 of each one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Samcuu said:

I can see what ur saying about the commendations being available to actually purchase. But at the end of the day it's a miniscule amount of comms, which already have a weekly cap. So it's not as big of an issue as u make out. You can get far more comms/tech frags by just doing content in the game. 

The problem is that paying to win is a question of kind, not degree.

Once we accept a toe over that line, the violation creeps forward over time.

Structurally, we're in an ugly place.