Feedback Request: Galactic Season 4 and into the future

BryantWood

13 hours ago, Katastropholix said:
  1. [/snip-snip-snip]
  2. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
    More variations. Stop this permanent underworld theme. Give us a force user companion or a bounty hunter if you really must do another new comp. Make cosmetic rewards more interesting. After being a subscriber for over nine years I have pretty much all armours, weapons, mounts, crystals etc that I really like using in my collection. It's been a while since i had the urge to add something. 

** Sorry for snipping so much out of your work ... but I saw something that I particularly like!!  THIS !!  
** While I get the whole idea that a part of the SW genre is the "western life" theme... in reality the local US Western styled saloon was not the focal point of the society.  It did have a prominent place in many of the western movies (unfortunately).  That being said IMO it would be MUCH better to see a theme with a LOT more positive impact on the SWTOR story than the underworld.  
** There is a LOT more to SW than just the local cantina.  There is a HUGE number of themes to work from even in SWTOR.

(to add another thought altogether)

On another point I really hope that we are NOT starting to see companions from GS and/or from the CM with specialized abilities over that of the vanilla / or normal progression of companion themes.  That is the beginning stages of P2W.  BUY your specialized companion based on your own player styles??  I don't think we're there yet.  I honestly don't.  BUT this does throw up a red flag to me personally.  So ... yeah!  I'm keeping an eye on how this is progressing! 

Whatever happened to having fun (even with companions). [/shrugs] Oh well.  

(I know ... not very popular for a lot of people ....  BUT it's there just the same!  And frankly I DO honestly hope that this is one time that I AM wrong!)

EDIT (again):  When it comes to companions cheaper is NOT always better.  LESS is NOT always MORE!!
**Cheaper...  IS ..well ... CHEAP !!!
** LESS is ... not more!!!!!   It IS LESS (and makes everyone wonder just how CHEAP someone really is!!)

Edited by OlBuzzard

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, BryantWood said:
  1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

#1 - I like it.  It keeps me engaged and doing things I wouldn't normally do.

#2 - I like the companions.  However, please see my related thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927383-ph4-lnx-achievement-customization-so-disappointing

#3 - The rewards are good.  However, there are still a bunch of unreleased pets, emotes, and vehicles in collections.  How about adding some of those as rewards or on the vendor?

#4 - I think the content has been a good mix.

#5 - I have been able to complete all three seasons.  However, 10 weeklies are given every week and we can only complete seven of them towards the 100 achievement.  Why can't we have all 10 per week go towards the achievement if we want?

#6 - I've been able to complete seasons while doing other things I want to.

#7 - A reputation track is pointless without a vendor to go along with it.  We need one or two strongholds with season four.  It's been a while since the last strongholds were released.

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players. 

One goal of Galactic Seasons is to provide an opportunity for players to earn some Cartel Coins for their efforts in game. This helps players obtain Galactic Season rewards on alternate characters via Collections and allows players to experience the Cartel Market and the awesome armors, weapons, and other items the team creates. For this reason we rewarded Cartel Coins directly from the Galactic Seasons reward track. After a couple seasons’ worth of data, some things came to our attention. The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000, replaced the removed Cartel Coins with Ultimate Cartel Packs, and increased the Collections unlock prices to our standard prices. By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell. While reducing the Cartel Coins rewarded, we made sure to keep our goal that players can unlock all items earned during a Galactic Season in Collections for alternate characters. Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy. We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation. It’s our continued desire to provide the best experience in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This should have been posted at the beginning of the season instead of the end of the season.  I don't know how many posts / threads there were about this but there were a lot.

Also, if someone wants to play on five servers and find the time to play on five servers for 20k cartel coins, why not?  I feel they've earned that.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

1. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  2. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  3. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  4. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  5. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  6. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?
  1. The companions are alright, but I do wish there was more variety.  Season 1 gave us a Kubaz mercenary, Season 2 gave us a Duros crime boss, and Season 3 gave us SCORPIO with a gambling addiction.  I would very much like for Season 4 to give a Force themed companion, and although the first three have all been ranged, it would be nice if that Force user was a ranged type to break up the monotony of all Force user companions being melee.  I understand the problem with a Force user, particularly for a ranged type, is whether to make them light or dark.  I do not know how you would resolve that.  Whether it would be possible to do a Jaesa-type, turn them light or dark decision that changes the companion's abilities, or just make a more generalized set that does not look too Jedi or Sith.
  2. The Season themed rewards are, likewise, alright.  I liked the look of S1 and S2's weapons a bit more than this Season's, which were a bit too -- they look like NERF themed Mass Effect weapons.  Also, why do the blasters have to be so chonky?  Blasters should be sleek, not Fallout laser pistols (hey, is that why this Season's armour set looks like a Vault dweller?).  The armour sets have been nice.  S1 was a little meh, of course I had to put Yuun into the S2 set so he would look like a KotOR 2 Gand, and S3 has some nice outfit design potential.  I have been more iffy on the mounts.  The vehicle mounts have been mostly good, I really liked the S2 vehicle mounts, the creature mounts are not likely something I will use regularly.  My favourite part of the rewards have been the decorations.  Love those, particularly the Large Iokath Console.  More of this, please.
  3. The objective content has been fine, but I do wish there was more variety or that they were less restrictive.  Generally it is fine, but it can be problematic when an objective funnels a number of players into an area, such as on Coruscant where people insist on completing the optional kill objective in the public area of The Face Merchants (seriously, either remove that objective or move the droid for the seeker mission and make the whole area phased).
  4. Yes.  The effort required is fine.  With minimal effort a subscriber can complete the season in 17 weeks by just logging in four days per week and doing four objectives per week (along with the daily).  Considering the length of a season that feels just fine.
  5. Yes and no.  The more open ended objectives, such as kill 100 NPCs with the Season companion can be done anywhere, but the objectives that say you must go here to do this can be more limiting.  Considering that the time investment required to complete the Season is fairly minimal I do not see that as a great problem that needs to be addressed.
  6. Suggestions?  A few:
    1. The token limit is a problem.  There is not enough on the vendors to spend tokens on once one has everything they want and bundling tokens with other rewards can make it difficult to retrieve all rewards.  Raising the token limit would be nice but the problem would still be there, it would just take longer for someone to reach it.  It would be better if all season tokens were a single reward so that if we need to skip them it does not prevent us from claiming other rewards.
    2. Speaking of things on which we can spend our tokens, perhaps add the decorations, dyes, and Season companion compendiums to the vendor so that we can retrieve additional copies.
    3. The dyes are nice but a pain.  Pack them into a box so that they fit in a single inventory slot and we can pull them out one at a time as we wish to use them.  If you can not do that, I understand it would prevent us from previewing the dye prior to claiming it, then, like tokens, dyes should be on their own with no other rewards so that we can skip them to save space.
      • Another option, if possible, is place a claim button on the reward itself.  That would allow us to claim only one of the rewards when it is bundled with a token, dye, or something else we wish to postpone claiming.

One thing we want to address as we expect feedback around it, is the change to Cartel Coin rewards that came with Galactic Season 3. I want to provide more context around this change for players.

One goal of Galactic Seasons is to provide an opportunity for players to earn some Cartel Coins for their efforts in game. This helps players obtain Galactic Season rewards on alternate characters via Collections and allows players to experience the Cartel Market and the awesome armors, weapons, and other items the team creates. For this reason we rewarded Cartel Coins directly from the Galactic Seasons reward track. After a couple seasons’ worth of data, some things came to our attention. The initial collections unlock prices were not set to our standard values, and players to a surprisingly large degree were using the system in an unintended way by completing Galactic Seasons across multiple servers to earn a large amount of Cartel Coins. The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

To combat this situation, we decreased the overall Cartel Coin grant from the Galactic Season reward track from 4000 to 2000, replaced the removed Cartel Coins with Ultimate Cartel Packs, and increased the Collections unlock prices to our standard prices. By rewarding Ultimate Cartel Packs we can maintain the goal of allowing players to experience the offerings of the Cartel Market and earn valuable items to wear or sell. While reducing the Cartel Coins rewarded, we made sure to keep our goal that players can unlock all items earned during a Galactic Season in Collections for alternate characters. Players who do wish to complete Galactic Seasons on multiple servers will still receive extra Cartel Coins and Ultimate Cartel Packs, but the new amounts will have a lesser impact on inflation and the economy. We thank you all for understanding that these changes maintain the goals of Galactic Seasons and continue to battle our economic inflation. It’s our continued desire to provide the best experience in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Considering the number of replies that have been made so far I am certain that much of this has already been said...

In regards to the Season Cartel Coin rewards contributing to inflation.

Bollocks.  We know it, you know, and we know you know it.  Inflation has been a problem for some time, it always is in long lived MMO's, but we all saw, and there were a number of comments on these forums about it, the sudden spike in inflation that came when the Refer A Friends program was retired.  That removed a significant source of Cartel Coins and in so doing reduced the availability of rare items on the GTN.

This may come as a surprise to you but people spending Cartel Coins to purchase items from the Cartel Market and selling those in-game on the GTN or in direct trades does not contribute to inflation.  The more people purchase from the CM, and the more they sell on the GTN, lowers inflation as it increases supply.  The two primary factors to inflation are supply, which you reduced by retiring the RAF program, and the amount of money in circulation.  Yes, that is overly simplified but this is not a real economy wherein all those other nuances of economics would come into play.

The real source of inflation is that you keep pumping more and more credits into the game and do not provide a way to remove them.  There have been a number of good suggestions for credit sinks: allow us to make character cosmetic changes at the Appearance Designer station with credits (make it cost but not exorbitantly so so that there is an incentive to change looks more often), allow us to use credits to purchase items from reputation vendors rather than requiring event tokens (appending a credit cost along side the token will not work, a simple credit transaction will incentivize more spending), and the biggest, raise the credit limit on GTN postings because the GTN tax is the most effective credit sink in the game -- that you have effectively neutered by keeping the post limit low and implementing reductions via guild perks (which also need to be removed).  Direct, player-to-player trades merely move credits, they do not contribute to inflation in the slightest, but they bypass the GTN tax meaning they bypass the credit sink.  You say you want to do something about inflation, but it does not seem like you really do based upon the things you have been doing.

On to Season reward Collections unlock prices.

No, you did not set them to standard values, some of the prices are wonky, but they should not be standard values.  These are in-game rewards for an in-game event.  Raising the prices, to the degree that you did, looks like a money grab and nothing more.  During Season's 1 and 2 I completed the season on more than one server, I suppose I am one of those unintended players, but I still unlocked all rewards for my account in Collections.  This season, I have completed it to level 100 on all five servers, but I have only unlocked a single reward for my account: the companion.  And the only reason I did that was so that I could make use of the compendiums.  The weapons, armour sets, and companion cosmetics are easy to unlock on other characters since they are BtL (if you change that mechanic for S4 we will all know that the unlock fee increase was just a money grab), and I can live without account wide access to the mounts.  Was 10 Coins too low?  Perhaps.  But the prices you set them at are far too high.  The cost to unlock them for our account should not be equal to other Cartel Market items.  I could see charging 30 Coins to unlock items, not 60, or 150 that you raised the companion unlock to.

On to my unintended play.  Yes, I have, with prior Seasons and with this one, completed it on more than one server and thus have benefited from multiple Cartel Coin rewards (this week alone I will receive 2400 CC's when I finish the Season on the final two servers and claim those CC rewards).  This also may come as a surprise to you, but some people spend their Coins on things for themself rather then spend them on things they can sell.  Do you know the one Season reward that I really, really liked?  The stronghold decorations.  The armour packs, the mount packs, most of the items from the Cartel packs were useless to me.  I coveted the stronghold decorations.  The Cartel packs were the only ones that had any potential to give me an armour set, weapon, or mount that I did not already have and that I wanted.  Replacing Coins with them has actually meant that I have more that I will be selling to other players versus me spending the Coins I would have received on direct purchases of armour sets that I want (if you had not reduced the Coin rewards).

I may be an outlier but from the replies I did read here, and from the general sentiment I see on forums that you do not control, I do not believe that I am and your claims do not ring true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall? - Enjoying the seaons well enough -its an alternative to just making new alts and running them through vanilla storyline and it does give a collective reason to group for some content.  It would be nice if they were interspersed with some one time only short events to keep the game fresh though to avoid the feel of a hamster wheel.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far? New companions are always welcome though not at the expense of developing relationships with our main companions.  It would be nice to have mini quests to run with specific legacy compaions that would advance their stories and enhance their relationships with you.  Something along the lines of the small story side quest during Rishi story.  3 companions were equally boring enough - none will be BFFs!
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?  The rewards are ok but tbh I don't see myself using the armor sets or weapons as they feel intentionally dull (so as not to take from the more premium Cartel ones) and so what is the point really gathering them up.  I'd prefer less "junk" sets, put nicer sets on the Cartel market and then increase the Cartel Coin rewards so that these can be used to buy rewards of value.  Also the tokens are now practically worthless to anyone who has been subbed a long time.  I have the 2 fleet strongholds, I picked up a companion I missed out on and now these feel like an insult as I paid/played all 11 years and while I don't mind others catching up I do feel there should be something nice to use these coins towards - even if I have to use all 15 tokens to get it.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?  I like the variety, I am not really being forced to play an area of the game I don't enjoy however waiting for cheating npcs to show up is pretty dull and on starfighter getting players to try and get kill achievements is pretty tough for most casuals.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete? Yes have completed all three however there should not be a 100 week achievement - the achievement should be completing the track.  I think the track pace is fine and its good that you don't have to max out EVERYTHING, EVERY WEEK.  I also like that it allowed/encouraged you to do it on other servers and the coin rewards were nice.  This should not have been nerfed in Season 3 imo as really the coins were the only reason to play on a second or third server and by doing so it increased the populations for other players to participate.  If everyone just did 1 server and then stopped playing the seasons would likely be uncompleteable for those starting late and turning up to empty servers.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?  The Seasons do give a reason to log in and play but tbh they do take the impetus away from doing other stuff or advancing alts.  I think though the main critisim I'd have in that regard is that it feels like Seasons feels like a substitute for new material.  OK 2022 had some new daily areas but the lack of nice rewards coming from Manann (more seaweed anyone?) means I will likely never go back unless forced to, but I would like to see more FRESH objectives in the open world that encourage players to join forces.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons? Better/new uses for tokens.  Season 2 level cartel coin rewards (or at least some way of unlocking more from collections as a reward).  Opening cartel packs suck big time.  Good to see you guys requesting this feedback - I hope you take some of it on board.

2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

1 - The gameplay variety is fun.

2 - The companions are a nice change from the vanilla comps.

3 - The rewards were lackluster this time.  The decor, armor, and weapons from Seasons 1 & 2 were great.  Season 3 rewards felt half-assed.  The amount of cartel packs is fine.  During Season 3 I looked forward to the next cartel pack more than the other rewards.

4 - The mix of content is good.  Allowing us to choose which 7 of the weekly objectives to complete means we don't necessarily have to participate in content we don't enjoy.  There are a ton of activities in which I wouldn't normally participate, but have had a good time playing!

5 - Reaching level 100 is pretty easy for a 3-hour per day player when focused on the Season objectives.    I just reached Legend with G.A.M.E. reputation this week.   However, the achievement is something I'm not going to try and finish.

6 - I mostly play PvP, with a little galactic starfighter & operations to help with guild conquest.  I find myself only spending an extra hour or so daily to complete the Seasons.  On Star Forge there are plenty of groups aiming to complete the world bosses, etc to help complete weekly tasks.

7 - I want more stronghold decorations as rewards!!!

1. So far I enjoy galactic seasons.
  2. I like getting a new companion and the gifts to reach level 50. After three underworld companions I would not mind a change of theme, so maybe a force sensitive sarlacc for season 4?
  3. I like the armor, weapons and mounts. I would prefer the dyes to be stackable. To make additional dyes, the recipe could be made available for the artifice profession. The dye could be made available on a vendor as well, maybe linked to season reputation.
  4. In addition to the current selection of objectives I would suggest to add older operations like eternity vault or dread fortress to the season objectives.
  5. I have completed season 2 and 3. I have participated in season 1 but used cartel coins to catch up.
  6. Some activities, like gsf, pvp, or world bosses go along with my play session. The impact on my play session would be the participation in story mode operations to farm the reputation token, because those groups are build on the fleet at specific time frames. Time spent looking for or spamming to build a group can not be spent playing in the field. Promoting an lfg channel or providing an improved group finder would help. Improving the drop chance for reputation token in th e open world would help as well.
  7. The rewards track was completed first, and then the additional objectives were done for reputation token and season objectives. The required number on the season objectives could be lowered to bring the achievement more in line with the rewards track. The weekly limit for the reputation could be increased, so there is more room for catch up.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:58 PM, BryantWood said:
  • How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?
  • Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?
  • Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?
  • Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?
  • Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?
  • How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?
  • Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

1. I like it

2. Don't really think I need more companions, but as rewards go this is still pretty good. Favourite so far has been Fen from S2.

3. In terms of armors I disliked S1, liked both S2 and S3. In terms of weapons I disliked the look of most weapons in S1, loved the ones from S2, and especially disliked the sound effects in S3 (although they also look too big and boxy for my taste). When it comes to mounts I think I've disliked every animal mount (too weird / monstrous), and the speeders are alright. Companion customizations were usually good.

Things that could be added : a tuning and / or a toy or emote.

4. Some I like and some I won't touch. I like flashpoints, spaceship, and the occasional dailies or crafting. I don't do pvp, starfighter, the longer dailies. I liked the hunting named champion NPCs for a change. I'd like to see group PVE content represented a bit more, with an incentive but no obligation to do harder content.

5. I have completed every season so far (to the end of the track, not the bonus objective). I think the difficulty is about right. Consuming reputation tokens daily is perhaps a bit too easy. Also objectives really stack together for snowball effect, completing any objective gives you levels and most likely conquest points, season levels give you currency, which is a season objective, the currency can be turned into reputation for easy conquest points, and conquest points are both a daily and weekly objective. It's very easy to level these through almost no playtime. Some of the others... not so much.

6. Not really, it's something I have to devote extra time for, although not too much. I primarily play operations (above story mode) that we don't usually finish, and for us there is virtually nothing to gain there for seasons nor conquest. Feels like we're not the intended demographic for this type of content, it's quite possible to play for 2 hours and end up with 0 conquest points.

7. Yeah don't gate the companion behind a 150cc legacy unlock. Especially when the companion is the one who trades the currency for reputation tokens.

And when you make a new weapon, for seasons or otherwise, pay attention to what sound effect you assign to it, there are some pretty good looking weapons in this game that are utterly ruined by a pathetic sound effect. We really ought to be able to customize that.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Now onto the feedback questions! We want to continually improve Galactic Seasons and keep the system exciting for players so we have some questions for you all.

Please answer as many questions as you want! We’ll be gathering and using this feedback as we develop Season 4 and beyond to continue providing the best version of Galactic Seasons for our players.

1.  I like Galactic Seasons, but I feel it is too grindy.  I think this also has to do that you cannot carry dailies to the next day or weeklies too the next week for missions.  If that was possible I could strategically prep characters for a rapid completion.

2.  Companions are nice, but feel like a 1 shot.  Sure there is stories and adds a RP aspect, but once you get hem, they are basically a dress up doll or another "send me out on a mission" companion.  would like the ability to have further in the story or make it where you can improve them as time goes by.  Would like this for all companions, conquest, galactic seasons, or normal.

3.  I want more Cartel Coins.  I get the abuses but go after the abusers not this hamfisted smack everyone with sanctions move on reducing the CC.  Another alternative in lieu of CC's is let us pick a reward pack - armor, weapons, mount, etc.  I think that would be a fun thing to decide.

4.  I would like more options to allow me to "Play as I want" not "Play as you want so long as it's one of the paths we determined you to play as we want you to play".  Example allow for more crafting, more kills, more class missions, more PvP, more GSF and have more choices.  Still can only do 7 but if I want to do all 7 as FPs, why not to "play my way".  Also would like too see it tied to more class stories and include Ruhnuk weeklies.

5.  I am a Sub, so I have completed it like 4 weeks ago or so.  What I wish would happen is not to have to "continue" to the objectives, but rather have the option for 100 weeklies too align to the points.  I am not saying make it longer or shorten it, but rather let me hit 100 missions when I hit level 100.

6.  This will have me go on a thesis for how I dislike some aspects of conquest as a whole.  So what I would prefer to say is I feel forced into playing things I really don't want to do like in conquest.  If we could expand options AND let me complete conquest multiple times for the same character (i.e. get rewards every 100k CXP on the same character) then I would feel like I can get somewhere, not hit 100k and stop to rotate to another alt.

7.  I wouldn't mind a "bumper" where one galactic season completes and you start on the next.  So whereas if I did Season 4, 90 days later I can expect Season 5, and 90 days later after that then Season 6 and so on.  As it stands now it feels like a hurry up then wait scenario.  Example I run it, then have a 45 day "extra" period before it closes to wait for 60-90 days for the next season only to have that run 90-120 days and repeat the cycle over.  Also need to raise the cap for the galactic season commendations / tokens from 15 to something else AND offer more options to use them.  As it stands now I am sitting on 13/15 and only reason I have 13 was I had to buy some token  decorations so I could use them up.

I think that is it for now.

Blakinik

I'm enjoying the Galactic Seasons in general; my only real request would be that the dye modules awarded either be added to the collection or allowed to stack. As it stands, my storage is rapidly filling with dyes.

It would also be nice to have more story-type content in the seasons; more special missions and dialogues involving the seasonal companion. That's a bigger ask, though.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:32 AM, kekrot said:

I disagree with nearly everything here. GSF and Uprising i almost never do, but warzones are popular all day long. "Not everyone has the ability to craft war supplies", what do you mean here? All the materials for them are simply found on the ground at planets, except for some vendor materials for dark projects. It's the simplest objective of all considering you can prepare for it before the week starts. Also the named npc encourages me to go to the other faction and play a bit since I main one faction the most.

I'd like to know your suggestions for new objectives since you're asking to remove like half of them. (In my feedback post I also asked for more new objectives since S3 is almost copy pasted from S2)

This is just wrong, it doesn't matter where you find the materials, what I said is true. Not everyone can craft war supplies. I have 30+ toons, and not a single one can do it.

No one does Warzones in my server. In fact, it's so bad the fleet is constantly crying all day "Please queue warzones".

If you are not playing in another faction, that is your own fault, and what's the point if you're going to dust off a toon in another faction just to stow it away for months again after 30 minutes? You know what does encourage you to play in the other faction? SD-0 and The First.

What suggestion? I already gave one. Copy/Paste, here it is again. Make SD-0 and The First a weekly objective, every single week. These bosses are already a conquest weekly, but no one cares about conquests, so it's rare to ever do these bosses.

Edited by Traceguy

4 hours ago, Traceguy said:

This is just wrong, it doesn't matter where you find the materials, what I said is true. Not everyone can craft war supplies. I have 30+ toons, and not a single one can do it.

No one does Warzones in my server. In fact, it's so bad the fleet is constantly crying all day "Please queue warzones".

If you are not playing in another faction, that is your own fault, and what's the point if you're going to dust off a toon in another faction just to stow it away for months again after 30 minutes? You know what does encourage you to play in the other faction? SD-0 and The First.

What suggestion? I already gave one. Copy/Paste, here it is again. Make SD-0 and The First a weekly objective, every single week. These bosses are already a conquest weekly, but no one cares about conquests, so it's rare to ever do these bosses.

Not everyone can do SD-0 and The First, so by your example they shouldn’t be objectives either.  The objectives are ones that everyone CAN DO if they chose too.  You can gives your toons the crafting skills needed to make them.   You choose not to.  There are people who do a lot of crafting and like having an objective where they get to craft.   Just like the people who PVP like having a PVP objective.  I think BW has done a decent job of making the objectives diverse enough to include many different parts of the game.   Do I think they could tweak or change some of them?   Sure.   I also think that removing objectives like you want is a step backwards. 

Edited by Darcmoon
Autocorrect is not my friend.
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

I also think that removing objectives like you want is a step backwards. 

Never remove. Always adjust or add. Removing something one part of the playerbase doesn't like, you end up alienating the players who do like it.

For example, my current situation prevents me from grouping, since I never know when I have to stop playing to take care of something else, outside the game. Do I want all grouped activities removed? No. If anything, just make sure that there are enough Group, Solo, PvE, PvP, and GS-specific stuff to do, so that we can all get our 7 per week. This season, there were weeks where I only tracked 5 weeklies. No biggie. I'll just do them again on my other Legacies.

tl;dr: Some people like the things you don't. They need stuff to do, too.

Edited by WHTJunior
  • Like 4

1. How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?     I like the Galactic Seasons, I tend to only play while they are active now as I am not a multiplayer person so don't do any Ops, or multiplayer Flashpoints, or PvP content and I only solo.  As the Renown system was removed I have little reason to play maxed out characters.  I liked renown because I still gained levels and felt like continuing top level characters as they were still building levels per se.  You could have taken out the armor rewards if you wanted to change how people received top end armor without removing the renown (just give a crate of junk credits for each level) it still would have felt like I was making progress with top level characters for doing missions and kills and continuing stories and the like.  As it is I have several maxed out characters and no reason to play as I don't need to get better armor as I don't play "end game" multiplayer content.
  2. Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?     I like that they are different races.  Would love more classic Star Wars droids as companions (rather hear beeps than the incessant alienish).  The new companions don't mean too much to me however as they have no impact on choices made while playing any story content, I realize you can't go back and add responses to old quests for new comps, but it makes them kind of unpersonal in that respect.  It is fun to get a new companion each season however.
  3. Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?     I liked the CC rewards, I feel it is unfair to punish all players because some players abuse a system.  I only play one server and I feel it is expensive to try and unlock all season rewards on all my characters in a legacy.  It would be better if season unlocks were granted to all characters in a legacy rather than one and then have to buy for the rest.  I personally like the mounts.  Not as big on getting gamble crates as I rarely like anything other than furnishings that those drop.  The season outfits were not very interesting, and I make a point to make different uniforms for all my characters and their cast of crewmembers, but none of the season outfits so far I would ever use.  Maybe more interesting designs would be better, more unique for the seasons.  I don't care about weapon skins as I don't really need to customize them.  I like the dyes, but maybe more color options like 5 sets of 2 colors rather than 10 of just one.  Maybe add some pet rewards I like collecting things like mounts and pets, and I definitely would like more houses (I would love to see some on Hoth and Taris) the two houses were the only season vendor items I really wanted.
  4. Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?     I like some of the content objectives.  I feel there is a real push to get people to do multiplayer/PvP they get the same season points for 2 weeklies that a solo person gets for 3 so it is much harder for me to get to level 100.  I have cancer and small children to watch, so doing group content where I am yelled at for not playing "right" is high stress.  I need to be able to play at my own pace and may have to leave my game for 10-20 minutes to attend to a child at a moments notice, so any multiplayer content is right out for me.  There were many weeks when I could not get more than 5 weekly achievements as there were not enough options of solo-able content for me to do and I was only getting 8 points for those weeklies to the multiplayer 12 points which sems unfair.  I understand you want to foster people doing multiplayer, but I feel punished for having restrictions and not finding multiplayer content any fun.  I also need more choices of single-player content so I can get all 7 weeklies done.
  5. Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?     For me it requires a LOT of effort.  I liked to at least get the daily pop everyday, but if I'm going for weeklies it usually required quite a time sink for me.  I do sub for the Seasons, but that doesn't mean I can play full throttle every week and I felt that I had to push myself to play when I didn't have the energy to, just to finish the season.  I don't want to feel like I can't finish a season because there may be some weeks I wont be able to play due to health issues or other commitments.
  6. How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?     I like the seasons because it can give me some objectives to work towards.  There needs to be more ways for max characters to get personal conquest points, as I feel it is a real grind to get my 100,000 on some characters with not a lot of solo-able conquest point gain and the season objectives, while giving me something to work towards with characters, don't give any personal conquest gains for completing the weeklies.  Again conquest points seem to be heavily skewed towards multiplayer/PvP goals and so the grind to get a character all their points in a week gets very tedious.  Again, the renown made it so maxed characters at least got to gain "levels" and points for that.
  7. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?     I admit that now the Galactic season is the only real draw for me to come back and play as I have something to work towards and to earn.  I no longer keep my sub up all year as there seems to be more of a push for PvP and multiplayer content with most things added to the game.  There is quite a lot of solo-able content, I can't deny, but as more and more of my characters get maxed out and I've already seen the story, I don't feel I'm gaining anything by playing characters once they are no longer gaining experience for quests and killing enemies.  But the Galactic Season rewards need to be unique for each season and not just gamble crate drops and different token types which get maxed out and need to be spent just to collect one or two more.  There should definitely be more options of things to buy from the Season vendors and then maybe just have more season tokens to earn as rewards. Different people like to get different rewards and having the choice of what to earn in a season from the vendor may be more appealing then just giving the same item to everyone when only a handful of players may like the given reward.
Edited by Aoralys
Highlighted player's response in different font color for easier reading

On 1/20/2023 at 12:58 AM, BryantWood said:

The combination of this flood of Cartel Coins and low Collection unlock prices unfortunately contributed to worsening the economic inflation the community has been facing and the team has been fighting against.

2. I don't like the GS companions, mostly because they don't speak basic. I also don't like my ship getting stuffed with companions I don't like. So if the next season has a companion too, don't clutter our ship with it. I'd be really happy to see a way to get rid of the companions you already put in there, especially the droid one. 

3. Rewards from GS are fine, but if you are not planning to add items to season coins vendor, getting the coins is kinda pointless. I already have everything the vendors sell. I could occasionally buy a few more decos, but with the rotating items on the vendor, can't be bothered. 

Suggestion: stop rotating items on the vendor. Put them all there at the same time so people will have a chance to use their coins when they are reaching the cap. Also add more items. People who have all the sub rewards have nothing to buy. You should be rewarding the long time subscribers, not punishing. Would be nice if we could convert the coins to something else, something we can use. 

4. I have mostly enjoyed the objectives, especially those world boss missions are quite fun. World bosses used to be a guild activity only, and I'm glad to see groups are being formed without being forced to join some guild I don't want to join. 

Getting cartel coins from 5 different servers may not have been what you had intended, but it has nothing to do with inflation. Inflation got out of hands when referral program was ended because we had less cartel coins floating around.

Even if you feel too many cartel coins is causing inflation, have you thought of how many people started to play on several servers just to get more CC? Surely that should outweigh the extra cartel coins given to those accounts who put in the extra effort. The amount of active accounts per server is higher during the Seasons, so why not reward the people who keep the servers active?  There is nothing wrong with giving more CC for players who do the Seasons multiple times. 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed the Season. The one thing I have not enjoyed: The weekly rep cap is way too low. Seriously, Ruhnuk arrived well into GS3, and I've already finished that rep, but have weeks to go for this one. It is a frustrating grind that serves no purpose being that long. Aside from that, the season has been engaging.

The companions are mostly fine. I've liked that they have a bit more story than many of the newer comps. The most recent one has been very annoying, however (please let us toggle off comp dialogue), and a bit weird / lazily made. It looks like someone squished a freighter minipet into Scorpio's head, and I still don't get the wisdom of why a droid can't be programmed to speak Basic. But then, I don't really understand why a droid needs high heeled boots, either, yet here we are.

If I can make a suggestion for the next one, how about Ongree?

If there are 10 dyes as a reward, please please please make them stack or put them in one satchel. (Even better if the satchel will still allow colour previews, but understandable if not)

The current balance is pretty good. Please don't force players to go all pvp or all pve.

It is a reasonable level of challenge and length. I wouldn't want that changed.

As above. However, I do notice that on reset day, you have to scramble quickly to do grouped content, which interferes a bit with conquest objectives. If you don't do grouped content right away, you might not find an effective group later in the week (on SS server, anyway)... but GS content is not good for conquest points if you want to rack up points quickly. So that can be a bit of conflict.

I'm also not sure what the point of the reputation is? Achievement, I suppose, but it seems like there should be a bit more with it, for that grind?

There could definitely stand to be more things to spend GS tokens on. The companions from previous seasons (Altuur, Fen, etc.) would be a start, but maybe also other previous content from earlier in the game that is no longer accessible, or almost never encountered because of the way the game has changed. The Geonosian companion (Lysslo) comes to mind, the Dark vs Light content rewards (if they're not otherwise coming back), the bonus xp armour set (or something similar, legacy bound), and of course, you'll always have people asking for a Darth Marr or Marr's Force ghost comp.

• Like 1

What I did not like of this season,,was that you did not include achievement points,,and once at maxing out Phalynx`s requirements,,it shows it was supposed to give cc`s and something purple but nothing was given,,It was bad enough the last update you removed 1000`s of achievement points but now your not giving any,,I getting there to being at the top then all of a sudden I lost a major amount,,Then realised as I was doing the gring no others where being given. I might get flak for this but I do like ``achivo hunting`..Doing these idiot df/dp tech frags runs has no interest for me,watching lev80`s doing 3k-5k top parse or dying outright at low lev mobs..So I`m wondering if your planning on adding these points later on and the actual rewards inteded,,or leaving all at 0,,,if this is the case that`s the last straw for me in being disapointed in this game.

5 hours ago, easyandrew said:

What I did not like of this season,,was that you did not include achievement points,,and once at maxing out Phalynx`s requirements,,it shows it was supposed to give cc`s and something purple but nothing was given,,It was bad enough the last update you removed 1000`s of achievement points but now your not giving any,,I getting there to being at the top then all of a sudden I lost a major amount,,Then realised as I was doing the gring no others where being given. I might get flak for this but I do like ``achivo hunting`..Doing these idiot df/dp tech frags runs has no interest for me,watching lev80`s doing 3k-5k top parse or dying outright at low lev mobs..So I`m wondering if your planning on adding these points later on and the actual rewards inteded,,or leaving all at 0,,,if this is the case that`s the last straw for me in being disapointed in this game.

They show as giving 0 cartel coins and 0 fleet requisition and an undefined legacy title.  Those only showed up recently with one of the updates.  I'm pretty sure that being shown is a bug of some sort.  They aren't supposed to give you anything other than the achievment.  I'm not sure what you mean by being at the top?  What are you comparing it too?  Other people?  This isn't the first time they have changed an achievment from some random point value to zero.  They probably (I won't say never) won't change them from what they are other than hiding the values that I'm sure aren't supposed to be shown.

I would really love for there to be an Artifice Schematic reward for season dyes. Maybe make it a reward for one of the last tiers.

I really loved the purple dye from Season 2, but have run out of them and no longer have the character they were on. I would have loved to make more for my characters.

Maybe to prevent price gouging and the dyes becoming worth billions, make them legacy bound once crafted. That way players can't horde them, but also is still a reward for people who completed the Season.

Would be nice for it to be retroactive too so we can make old season dyes.

Edited by Dapper_Droid
  • Like 4

If you continue to give a mount for the level 100 reward, at least make it have dynamic colors next time(ie any lights on it would match with your color crystal). A more interesting mount flair would be nice too. I just feel like the level 100 reward should be something really cool and special.

Overall I would say its pretty decent. I think the ability to purchase missed levels with in game credits is a good credit sink.
    I started playing again at the end of Season 1 and played through Season 2 and 3. So far, I've enjoyed Season 2 the most, as it offered the most content.

The companions are lacking. They have only a handful of voice lines, don't speak basic and this season can't even be dressed up. I love the rotation companions you can buy with Season points. I still use Shae every day. I'd like more companions like Shae than the new droid.

I feel like the rewards this season were lacking compared to season 2. Less CC and less Tech frags given, which doesn't make sense to me as most people playing the seasons are subscribers. You want this to be a reward for them, yes? I myself am thinking about canceling my sub and going preferred for a while to wind down; if Season 4 is as barren as this season I probably will. I think Season 2 did it best and should be the example going forward.

As mentioned in my previous post, I would love a schematic Artifice reward for crafting the current season dyes. Maybe make past dye schematics available in the Season shop for 6 coins or so. And as I said, maybe make the dyes created legacy bound as to not flood the market with a "special" dye people can inflate for billions of credits. Either that or make the dyes purchasable with season coins.

Not a big fan of the current Spoils of War objective. If you're getting a group to attack an enemy spawn, might as well make it PVP only. Having it be a PVE objective just feels like a waste, and with a group size I'd rather be doing a World Boss or something.

I never finished any fully, but that's my own choice rather than an obstacle of the game. I'm about to finish this season though. Progression seems fine.

I usually dedicate the week to the objectives I want (I avoid PVP) once I finish my Conquest. Depends on my priories though. I've been gearing the past few weeks.
    I think the quest limit for each week should be extended or have the missions be repeatable for a lower amount. Say 1-2 season points instead of 8 once its repeated.

I understand that people may finish the season sooner, but you guys offer the option to complete the Season in 1 day if you shell out enough money for Cartel Coins, so people finishing early doesn't seem like a big concern .

Fortnite's Battlepass has rewards after "completion" in the form of skin colors. Maybe you guys could do the same with Season Tokens? Reach Tier "120", and get 2 extra season tokens. That way players are encouraged to keep playing even after finishing?

18 hours ago, Dapper_Droid said:

I would really love for there to be an Artifice Schematic reward for season dyes. Maybe make it a reward for one of the last tiers.

I really loved the purple dye from Season 2, but have run out of them and no longer have the character they were on. I would have loved to make more for my characters.

Another idea, is to make them available in some other way, like through collections, or on the GS vendor for credits, once earned. Collections would allow use across your account, and the vendor would allow them for that server. Just not for GS Tokens, since there are also a limited number of tokens per season as well.

Ideally, I'd prefer them added to the GS section of Collections, just so that I can get as many as I need, and don't have to worry about ever running out, in case I make a new character based on that color scheme.

• Like 2

These season type progression are the best thing this game has ever offered in terms of keeping players invested, without making them perform mindless grinds. 

I believe improving on the quality of some of the armors would be a good step forward. Make it more epic, like the ones you sell on cm. Ever since the release I have not seen one good armor added,  being either a shell for pve or pvp gear. Maybe oricon/ dread master is an exception for that. 

Rhunuk mando armor is amazing and I think this is the direction u should aim for when it comes to the design and quality.

When it comes to difficulty it ever depends on who is playing. Myself being a casual these days will not be mad about stretching it out, but someone who plays 8 hours a day may find it tad short. There are no simple answers here really. Just keep it as it is for now I guess.

Diversification of content to achieve points is also fantastic in my opinion. Making me go out of my comfort zone to jump in to the space battle or starfighters which I came to like after a while of hating it makes it worthwhile in my opinion. 

Please just release stuff on schedule and be transparent about future updates and changes. We don't want to wait too long for the news. 

PS. I hope for Selkath and Kel Dor force users companions XD
Just irrelevant wish from me. However strange was that during 7.0 premiere we got Underworld instead of Selkath Galactic Season. But it's never too late to add both of them \o/

Also, as for improvement? I think I wrote it about in my first post here, but to maybe elaborate slightly it I'll add another reply. I think more "decisions" with Comps stories would add great experience to that. Like with Fen during Season 2 about Altuur. Phalanx lacked such thing and in my opinion it was also downgrade.
I don't know, maybe a decision if she will be new military advisor or underworld gambler to enrich th Alliance? You know, such "meaningless decisions".

Edited by LanceDefender

stronghold

How are you enjoying the Galactic Season system overall?

I enjoyed this Galactic Season system. It was the most fun (except when we need to find the cheaters)

Do you like the Companions offered through a Galactic Season? Is there any way you think the Companions can be improved? What companion has been your favorite so far?

I like Fen Zeil, a pretty cool character with the Shadow Syndicate. PH4-LNX is a nice character but I don't really like its head (I prefer the Scorpio one or the GEMINI one for a Iokath droid 😋). Altuur zok Adon is ok but it's not my favorite.

Well I would like more stories/information for the companions and not just one or two cutscenes. We can learn many more things about them with that. Some companions speaking the basic would be appreciated too.

My favorite companion is Fen Zeil (for now 😃).

Do you like the rewards offered from Galactic Seasons? Are there rewards you wish were included in the reward track?

Yes, the rewards for this season were amazing. I like all of them.

Well I would like more npcs decorations and mostly with more different positions (the G.A.M.E. Security Officer with their guard mode were perfect for me but I didn't like the G.A.M.E. Authorized Pit Boss, I don't know what to do with them).

Having one or two guard mode npc decoration for each season would be great (I really enjoyed the Shadow Syndicate npcs and the Shadow Syndicate Enforcer npcs because I can make many scenes with other characters with them) and with another npc decorations with another position than "I will attack you".

The more npcs we get the better it is. I'm not against to get threee or four npc decorations with guard mode and different positions for the next Galactic Seasons.

Do you enjoy the content used in Season Objectives? Are there parts of the game you wish you saw more, or less?

Yes, except the one to find cheaters. I was a nightmare sometimes when we have many other players around us.

I find the third Galactic Season explore many parts of the game. I don't know what we can add.

Have you been able to complete Galactic Seasons? Do you feel the season requires too much effort, or is too easy to complete?

Yes I have been able to complete this one.

No, I don't feel the season is too easy or requires too much effort.

How does completing a Galactic Season fit into your desired play session? Are you able to progress the Season while doing your normal activities, or do you feel Galactic Seasons prevent you from completing the content you enjoy?

Galactic Season is good to keep me on swtor every week (if it's not take me too much time).

Well I choose to do the season and I make my normal activities later in the week or in the same time. It adds me some things to do in the game. But I admit I choose this Galactic Season rather than the Ruhnuk reputation because it takes me 1 hour to do it with all the missions (the Ruhnuk missions).

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for Galactic Seasons?

Yes I have suggestions for the next ones :t_smile:

Here are my suggestions for the next Galactic Seasons: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/912202-suggestions-for-the-next-galactic-seasons

Many possibilities here. We can have:

- a spy theme for the Bothan

- a hunt theme with the Jagannath point across the galaxy for the Trandoshan

- a "discover the galaxy" theme with the Gormak

- a "mystery of the Force" theme with the Voss

- many themes are possible with the Chiss, a Chiss formerly working with the Hutt cartel or or a Chiss working with the Chiss Ascendancy

- a theme about the nature, the fauna and the flora or a a return to primary instincts with the Killik

- a return to primary instincts with the Wookie

For the Chiss I always wanted to have Salana Rok as companion but we can't. So I hope we could have a female chiss companion as cool as Salana Rok with the galactic seasons, here is an example of what we could have: https://i.imgur.com/u4Lbig3.jpg

Your only limit is your imagination for the themes.

Of course we could get small new stronghold with four or five rooms (Carrick Station And Vaiken Spacedock Penthouses) and no need to have connection between the stronghold and the Galactic Season.

We could have:

- the Kaliyo's Apartment

- a Korriban or Tython temple

- a house on Hutta or Ord Mantell

- a house on Copero

- a house in Makeb (more some details about it on my link)

- a mandalorian camp on Darvannis (more some details about it on my link)

Here are the link for the Makeb and Darvannis stronghold (I hope this link will help you for strongholds on Voss, Dantooine, Makeb and Darvannis): https://forums.swtor.com/topic/912200-some-ideas-for-next-strongholds/

Please don't forget to make medium and big strongholds too.

I'm still wanting for my Voss house with its garden, its small cave and its very very very very small Shrine of Healing or my Dantooine farm with its field to cultivate and its small crystal cave.

Voss is my favorite planet from the game and I'm a big fan of Kotor so I want more for Dantooine. I really hope to get two medium or big strongholds on these planets.:t_smile:

Here the link with what I have in my mind for this two planets: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/912200-some-ideas-for-next-strongholds/

Edited by orichichan
  • Like 2

Question (and I hope I'm not sticking my neck in a noose) ...
Should PvP / PvE be separated into different categories?  Would having rewards that are smore appropriate for PvP (since it would be a separate category) be something worth looking into?

Don't shoot the messenger ...  I'm just asking!