Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

It's not an issue, but someone made it an issue probably because of getting kicked from ops group when they refused to go sin tank, or something as ridicilous. And that salty kid then went to cry to a developer's ear, and because they don't play their own game, this is what happens.

Oh ********, vanish causes issues with boss mechanics on mutliple bossfights, while also allowing for medpac resets and stealth rezzes. I doubt anyone got kicked for not wanting to go assasssin tank, but the fact that one tank is more or less required on some fights due to the way they circumvent certain mechanics most certainly is an issue, one that has taken too long to be addressed, but finally is getting addressed.

Here is an example of an "issue" they did fix in Ravagers. If the droids were not going down on correct pace in burn, and Master died too soon, sin tanks used to stealth out the cast from Blaster to buy the group some more time. People were also doing /stuck if they couldn't stealth to stop the cast, because it was better to lose one person than to wipe the whole group. That was fixed within the operation: they changed the mechanics, so that those things are not working anymore. And that's what they should do with other ops too if they think it's an issue. Fix the mechanics, don't break the class. If they still want to break the class instead, they should break it in all game modes, not just in pve.

If one ability causes issues on multiple fights, it's the ability that is the issue, not the fights. You don't limit your design space and change old operations just because one ability has unintended interactions, you change that ability.

Only you and the rantboy are defending this BS, I wonder why.

And you're the only one screaming bloody murder about it, so I wouldn't go down that line if I were you.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're the only one screaming bloody murder about it, so I wouldn't go down that line if I were you.

They are not the only one unhappy.

I usually only post once or twice to give feedback, it's not worth 'screaming' about on the forums. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue I care about. It just means I know bioware won't change or backtrack on any of their decisions. I'll post my feedback, then simply stop doing endgame activities and group content if I'm still not happy.

About the vanish issue: I don't tank much, but dps sins, and healer/dps operatives will be affected. No medpacks on cooldown is a nerf to survivability for all stealth classes.

Stealth have no 'get hit and heal to full' abilities, and no 'spam your self-heal every 25s' abilities. Medpack use multiple times in a fight helped to off-set that, and now that will be lost along with other defensive abilities.

It also means no combat stealth to save the long run back when a raid wipes, which isn't really important, but will still be annoying.

They are not. They are exactly the same thing regarding abilities. Either vanish needs to go from pvp too, or it needs to be left as it is for everyone.

And once again, you have neither added more claims to support this argument other than persistently pushing “it needs to be removed from all game modes or left as it is”.

How is PvP the same as PvE? How are NPCs the same as Humans?

They are not the only one unhappy.

I usually only post once or twice to give feedback, it's not worth 'screaming' about on the forums. That doesn't mean it isn't an issue I care about. It just means I know bioware won't change or backtrack on any of their decisions. I'll post my feedback, then simply stop doing endgame activities and group content if I'm still not happy.

About the vanish issue: I don't tank much, but dps sins, and healer/dps operatives will be affected. No medpacks on cooldown is a nerf to survivability for all stealth classes.

Stealth have no 'get hit and heal to full' abilities, and no 'spam your self-heal every 25s' abilities. Medpack use multiple times in a fight helped to off-set that, and now that will be lost along with other defensive abilities.

It also means no combat stealth to save the long run back when a raid wipes, which isn't really important, but will still be annoying.

So my counterargument here is, why do you need the ability to reset medpacks?

Every class is comparable even without the medpack reset. I would argue that PT is the weakest in terms of defensive capabilities, and this class does perfectly fine without needing to use medpack more than once.

Ultimately, we will never know how this change will affect stealthers to do content until release. But I will say this, skill factor will contribute to how well stealthers can do them, and that’s just an obvious fact. Will it be more difficult? Possibly. Will you need to come up with different strategies? Most likely. But that is just the nature of MMOs.

Edited by xKurisaki

So my counterargument here is, why do you need the ability to reset medpacks?

Why do juggs need focused defense? Why do mercs need responsive safeguards? Why does any class need any dcd or any self-heal ability? Answer those questions and you have your answer to why stealthers want to reset their medpacks.

Without the ability to reset medpacks stealthers have lost a self-heal ability. It's the same as losing a defensive ability. I use medpacks pretty much on cooldown in some content, and the ability to do that will be lost in 7.0.

Less self-heals and dcds means that healers will have to actively heal themselves more in 7.0 then they are currently. At the same time dps will be taking more damage since they have lost survivablity too.

My point is that that failing to exit combat when you combat stealth matters to more than tanks.

Because it's phony.

The entire game is a fiction. Zero is real about it. It's a fantasy from one end to another.

Explain phony.

i have no problem with the a-tab or weapon-outfitter tab IF it's tied to something STAR WARS lore & canon related.

I'm surmising by that statement you must seriously despise with all of your being the Rishi pirate outfit drops.

Three-cornered hats don't exist anywhere in the Star wars franchise, but I'll hazard I'm not the only one in the game who likes running around like a pirate.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Why do juggs need focused defense? Why do mercs need responsive safeguards? Why does any class need any dcd or any self-heal ability? Answer those questions and you have your answer to why stealthers want to reset their medpacks.

Without the ability to reset medpacks stealthers have lost a self-heal ability. It's the same as losing a defensive ability. I use medpacks pretty much on cooldown in some content, and the ability to do that will be lost in 7.0.

Less self-heals and dcds means that healers will have to actively heal themselves more in 7.0 then they are currently. At the same time dps will be taking more damage since they have lost survivablity too.

My point is that that failing to exit combat when you combat stealth matters to more than tanks.

Following this logic, you also impose (albeit unintentionally) the question: “why do healers and x class have Rez”.

You could argue that Healer rez’s x person as soon as they die and a stealther could break that mechanic by stealthing out to stealth rez in most fights. You’re also comparing defining abilities to an ability to reset/offset certain things.

In addition to this, I vehemently believe that if a group is highly reliant on this mechanic is a problem the group has themselves. There is not many fight where you’ll need to use a medpack at all or need a second, perhaps in Zorn and Toth in NIM Explosive Conflict. In all the years that these content has been available, many groups have been able to do the content without a stealther needing to stealth out to reset a medpack. Is it a nice luxury? Absolutely but is it a requirement or rather is it necessary to successfully clear the content? Absolutely not.

My point is with your argument of stealthers “needing” to stealth out for an extra medpack as an extra dcd or heal, that problem is not your fault (in a group environment that raids are), but rather a problem with the people in that group. For example, are the healers healing effectively and efficiently? Are the heals going to the right people?

Are people taking too much damage, and from what? Following this question would impose the question, how can we avoid this much damage? This is what progression raiding is.

All of these questions attribute your usage and the availability of your dcds. You could get away with some fights not needing to use medpacks at all if everyone is in unison even.

Edited by xKurisaki

Just a note:

Conquest points are raised for personal, (couldn't check for guilds)

But:

they also lowered them substantially for the missions, even flashpoints, etc. Looks all conquest points have been cut substantially for everything even though they raised the cap for conquest points, which to me does not make any sense. If they actually think people are going to log in to play longer just because they did this I think they are in for a very rude awakening.

Personal Conquest Goals:

50,000 (now)

100,000 (new)

Top are the ones we have now. Bottom is the new ones on TC

Operations:

260,000 (now)

150,00 (new)

Starfighter (Dominate the Skies)

12,200 (now)

7,050 (new)

Heroics

5,200 (now) (still you only get this one heroic per planet)

3,000 (new)

Black Hole

11,180 (now)

6,450 (new)

Unranked (victorious)

7,930 (now)

4,575 (New)

Star Fortress Flashpoint

5,000 (now)

3,000 (new)

The troopers for Koet/SF

24,000 (now)

14,400 (new)

The Defeat Enemies has been reduced as well.

These are the ones I checked. I tried to include all items (though I may have missed some)

I also checked on the gear fragments:

When you finish a conquest

You get 200 fragments

2 Resource Matrix (supposed to upgrade your gear)

Now cost of gear from the Conquest Vendor on the Fleet:

15-30 Gear Fragments and a credit cost of:

1,000 to 1,500 (if that remains the same)

The upgrades I couldn't check on is they are not on the upgrade vendor but

they seem to have 3 vendors for gear

Conquest

Flashpoints

Operations

They are doubling the goals but lowering all the activities. I do think they are crazy or something else (trying to be polite)

Edited by casirabit

--snip--

I took a multi-month break from the game after 6.0 due to the ******** Conquest changes. The only reason I did not quit then was because of update 6.1.1. If this crap comes out with 7.0 I will be pulling the plug on both of my subscriptions.

Edited by ceryxp

I took a multi-month break from the game after 6.0 due to the ******** Conquest changes. The only reason I did not quit then was because of update 6.1.1. If this crap comes out with 7.0 I will be pulling the plug on both of my subscriptions.

I’m currently taking a break without being unsubbed. But the more I read about these changes here and on Discord, the more I feel like 7.0 might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

One of the main reasons we still played was the ease at which we could get multiple characters through conquest. If they are increasing the total by 100% and decreasing the earning points by nearly half, that mean it won’t by doubly hard it will be nearly 3 times harder than now.

And when you consider the character ability nerfs and rebalancing and what looks like a new overly excessive gear grind, then the game stops being fun. If I can only get a handful of my Alts through conquest each week, then myself and my wife are out.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Wow, if they're doubling the score needed for Conquest whilst also dropping the amount of points you earn per activity, that's a real slap in the face for solo players who will have to rely on Conquest to earn gear. Meanwhile I'm sure a lot of people will end up repeating the Hammer Station grind of 6.0. Add in the fact you now must complete the Dailies in a day (which really hurts for some planets that have Heroics that are way too long or way too rng) it's just definitely going to hurt a solo player. :(

Wow, if they're doubling the score needed for Conquest whilst also dropping the amount of points you earn per activity, that's a real slap in the face for solo players who will have to rely on Conquest to earn gear. Meanwhile I'm sure a lot of people will end up repeating the Hammer Station grind of 6.0. Add in the fact you now must complete the Dailies in a day (which really hurts for some planets that have Heroics that are way too long or way too rng) it's just definitely going to hurt a solo player. :(

Just feels like BioWare are alienating a part of the player base “yet again”.

I don’t understand why BioWare repeatedly do this to different parts of the player base.

They flip and flop so often between the community, it’s surprising we still have enough players to keep the lights on.

One could even go as far as suggesting these changes to the heroic weeklies and dailies to make areas feel more populated will actually reduce overall population, not improve it.

Seems to be another bandaid to combat the continuing population decline that will backfire.

Sadly, they wouldn’t need to make changes to pigeon hole how people played if they stopped impeding players fun.

I’d dare say, we’d have a higher population than now if Bioware had actually listened to the community over the years instead of ignoring us.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

In addition to this, I vehemently believe that if a group is highly reliant on this mechanic is a problem the group has themselves. There is not many fight where you’ll need to use a medpack at all or need a second, perhaps in Zorn and Toth in NIM Endless Conflict. In all the years that these content has been available, many groups have been able to do the content without a stealther needing to stealth out to reset a medpack. Is it a nice luxury? Absolutely but is it a requirement or rather is it necessary to successfully clear the content? Absolutely not.

Wow, you must be so good, and so proud of yourself for being so incredibly good. Why would anybody not as good as you ever play this game.

Maybe some people who play this game aren't as skilled as the people that you play with. Maybe they play with other people who aren't all that good, but they enjoy spending time with those people. So, if doing more self heals, or dropping out of combat to stealth rez someone to prevent a wipe makes the game more fun for them, then that is a good thing.

People usually play games because they are fun, and when it stops being fun, they stop playing that game. Personally I find that easy to understand, and as a result, I understand why people are upset about these changes.

Maybe in your groups certain things that you point out as being absolutely not required, are indeed required by less skilled players who just want to play the game and enjoy it. What is wrong with that?

I’m currently taking a break without being unsubbed. But the more I read about these changes here and on Discord, the more I feel like 7.0 might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

One of the main reasons we still played was the ease at which we could get multiple characters through conquest. If they are increasing the total by 100% and decreasing the earning points by nearly half, that mean it won’t by doubly hard it will be nearly 3 times harder than now.

And when you consider the character ability nerfs and rebalancing and what looks like a new overly excessive gear grind, then the game stops being fun. If I can only get a handful of my Alts through conquest each week, then myself and my wife are out.

Agreed. I'm going to have to basically retire half my characters. Is that really the goal? What does BW have to gain by forcing people to stick to a couple of characters and making alts basically impossible to play? The ONLY reason I've stuck to the game in the last 18 months is because of my alts... Basically playing for the story and CQ. The way it looks like it's going to be, it's going to be a few hours of story per character and then CQ will take so much time that it will just not be worth it on more than a couple of toons.

Bad move, BW.

The only thing that could sorta make up for it would be a huge boost in CQ points for GS goals...

Edited by Pricia

I don’t understand why BioWare repeatedly do this to different parts of the player base.

They flip and flop so often between the community, it’s surprising we still have enough players to keep the lights on.

One could even go as far as suggesting these changes to the heroic weeklies and dailies to make areas feel more populated will actually reduce overall population, not improve it.

Seems to be another bandaid to combat the continuing population decline that will backfire.

Sadly, they wouldn’t need to make changes to pigeon hole how people played if they stopped impeding players fun.

I’d dare say, we’d have a higher population than now if Bioware had actually listened to the community over the years instead of ignoring us.

If I remember correctly, there was a hue and cry at the outset of 6.0 where people complained about conquest point nerfing, and Bioware partially restored some of the points. Perhaps we can hope for something similar this time around if we make the point abundantly clear.

By itself, doubling the personal conquest point requirement without nerfing acquisition of points would still mean half my alts won't contribute to conquest, because the time burned acquiring that additional 50k by the next toon now must be farmed on the first.

To then pancake that problem with a conquest point acquisition nerf means even fewer than that.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My two accounts are due to renew their 180-day subs on 11 and 27 December. I will continue to do as I have since they started talking about 7.0, which is to wait for the rest of the information that they insist on releasing in drips. There is an article that is due to be posted this week, per Chris Schmidt in the Theorycrafters Discord, about the gearing system, which does not look alt friendly at all. Hopefully they will not pull their usual antics and will release info about the Conquest changes shortly (If you are reading this Jackie, this is what I have complained about time and again. The communication sucks). But with the way things are going the only thing that could keep me subbed after 7.0 is going to be GS2.

If I remember correctly, there was a hue and cry at the outset of 6.0 where people complained about conquest point nerfing, and Bioware partially restored some of the points. Perhaps we can hope for something similar this time around if we make the point abundantly clear.

Frankly, at this point, I do not think it matters to me if they walk back those changes. I am tired of the constant roller-coaster. They keep screwing with system unnecessarily instead of making small, incremental changes and their communication is useless.

There is an article that is due to be posted this week, per Chris Schmidt in the Theorycrafters Discord, about the gearing system, which does not look alt friendly at all.

SWTORista posted an article based on what's currently on PTS.

I'm currently doing a 6-month subscription and it is ending in January; should allow me to do the story on a character or two and decide on renewing or not. I unsubscribed and left in 2017 since I didn't like some of the changes and came back in 2019 in time for Onslaught as the previous changes were not applicable anymore. Did other stuff in those 2 years; may be time to do so again.

Edited by mike_carton

SWTORista posted an article based on what's currently on PTS.

I'm currently doing a 6-month subscription and it is ending in January; should allow me to do the story on a character or two and decide on renewing or not. I unsubscribed and left in 2017 since I didn't like some of the changes and came back in 2019 in time for Onslaught as the previous changes were not applicable anymore. Did other stuff in those 2 years; may be time to do so again.

I also have a 6 moth sub. For the second time (the first was a few months ago ... I mentioned it to a BW staff member). I really am looking at where to go next. I've updated my old STO account and have started playing that game again. Kind of interesting how this games mechanics are starting to follow some of the same "platforms".

Sadly the 10th anniversary could and SHOULD have been a time of fun, excitement and celebration in so many ways. Yet here we are:

** Companions are dead

** Extremely limited new content released

** Other items that have been chosen to take the place over content is very discouraging (even to many of us diehards).

** What stories are released are shorter, and shorter, and shorter, and ...

** The wall between players / community and the team just got MUCH bigger.

So many possibilities. What could have been ... but was never going to happen !

Kind of sad really.

Makes me wonder what is REALLY going on.

It should also be noted: if this is NOT where the team was headed ... then someone has a really strange way of demonstrating it !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Oh ********, vanish causes issues with boss mechanics on mutliple bossfights, while also allowing for medpac resets and stealth rezzes.

That applies to pvp too. It's being used to avoid getting killed, which causes issues to the enemy because they can't see you anymore ( except sniper if they are close enough).

Vanish needs to be gone from pvp too, or leave it as it is for all game modes.

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

I didn't spot this before, but I wanna mention this now: I hate this change and I wish you guys would reconsider it. I've gotten the impression that a lot of things coming with 7.0 are things that are set in stone and no amount of negative feedback will convince you to reverse course, so maybe I'm shouting at a wall here, but this is gonna drop my participation in various game modes significantly.

As things stand right now, if I do some Flashpoints, for instance, I'll make progress towards the Flashpoint weekly. That's great. However, I often don't have time to do 5 Flashpoints in a week. I don't have a lot of time to play and even when I'm most active in the game, I don't generally have time to be running multiple Flashpoints. I'm usually one and done, maybe 2 or 3 at most per week, and those aren't always on the same character to boot. With this change, I'll just never see that weekly completed because I can't commit to doing 5 Flashpoints on one character in a single week's time.

That is an awful change that'll just make doing Flashpoints even less appealing to me, because I'm no longer working towards that weekly mission. In addition to the gearing nightmare we have coming up, eliminating reasons for me to play content seems like a step in a very wrong direction.

I also have a 6 moth sub. For the second time (the first was a few months ago ... I mentioned it to a BW staff member). I really am looking at where to go next. I've updated my old STO account and have started playing that game again. Kind of interesting how this games mechanics are starting to follow some of the same "platforms".

Sadly the 10th anniversary could and SHOULD have been a time of fun, excitement and celebration in so many ways. Yet here we are:

** Companions are dead

** Extremely limited new content released

** Other items that have been chosen to take the place over content is very discouraging (even to many of us diehards).

** What stories are released are shorter, and shorter, and shorter, and ...

** The wall between players / community and the team just got MUCH bigger.

So many possibilities. What could have been ... but was never going to happen !

Kind of sad really.

Makes me wonder what is REALLY going on.

It should also be noted: if this is NOT where the team was headed ... then someone has a really strange way of demonstrating it !!

Someone shot themselves in the foot is what happened. They seem to be trying to kill the game. At first, I thought is was just heroics until I went and researched all the conquest and they cut them all so it is across the board so they don't seem to care about any of the players.

Someone shot themselves in the foot is what happened. They seem to be trying to kill the game. At first, I thought is was just heroics until I went and researched all the conquest and they cut them all so it is across the board so they don't seem to care about any of the players.

Thank you for doing all that work by the way.

Just a note:

Conquest points are raised for personal, (couldn't check for guilds)

But:

they also lowered them substantially for the missions, even flashpoints, etc. Looks all conquest points have been cut substantially for everything even though they raised the cap for conquest points, which to me does not make any sense. If they actually think people are going to log in to play longer just because they did this I think they are in for a very rude awakening.

Personal Conquest Goals:

50,000 (now)

100,000 (new)

Top are the ones we have now. Bottom is the new ones on TC

Operations:

260,000 (now)

150,00 (new)

Starfighter (Dominate the Skies)

12,200 (now)

7,050 (new)

Heroics

5,200 (now) (still you only get this one heroic per planet)

3,000 (new)

Black Hole

11,180 (now)

6,450 (new)

Unranked (victorious)

7,930 (now)

4,575 (New)

Star Fortress Flashpoint

5,000 (now)

3,000 (new)

The troopers for Koet/SF

24,000 (now)

14,400 (new)

The Defeat Enemies has been reduced as well.

These are the ones I checked. I tried to include all items (though I may have missed some)

I also checked on the gear fragments:

When you finish a conquest

You get 200 fragments

2 Resource Matrix (supposed to upgrade your gear)

Now cost of gear from the Conquest Vendor on the Fleet:

15-30 Gear Fragments and a credit cost of:

1,000 to 1,500 (if that remains the same)

The upgrades I couldn't check on is they are not on the upgrade vendor but

they seem to have 3 vendors for gear

Conquest

Flashpoints

Operations

They are doubling the goals but lowering all the activities. I do think they are crazy or something else (trying to be polite)

I don't believe the points have actually been lowered. Or at the very least, these numbers are wrong. I see 5000 for Heroic Missions/Mission Complete (on Daily planets), which matches the live servers for me. Enemies Defeated Stage 1 is at 4125.

Thing to keep in mind is that when you transfer over to the PTS, it doesn't transfer your SH unlocks, so your SH bonus may not be fully applied. I went through and unlocked some to get it up to 150% to confirm these numbers. I'm guessing you may be getting a 10% boost from your Guild on the live server or something as well to make up the extra 200 you're seeing on the Heroic Missions objective.

The doubling of the goal is effectively a nerf to all of the objectives, though, that's definitely there. Considering they're nerfing Conquest rewards, I don't understand the point of also raising the goal. Really sucks, cause Conquest was one of the things that kept me going when things were otherwise drying up, got me to play other alts and motivated me to gear them up. Won't have that desire now.

Always nice to see one of my biggest fans trying to engage in such a robust discussion....

The entire game is a fiction. Zero is real about it. It's a fantasy from one end to another.

Explain phony.

I already explained it my original post: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9975918#post9975918 ...which of course you decided to pluck 1 phrase out-of-context in order to umm "reply" :ph_lol:

I'm surmising by that statement you must seriously despise with all of your being the Rishi pirate outfit drops.

Your umm "surmising" would be wrong, since that very obscure example you chose is in fact tied to a QUEST-line, planet-arc, & STORY. Therefore, unlike the 'weapons outfitter' , Rishi pirate oufit drops has a basis to be coded that goes beyond merely placating to a vocal-minority (or "majority" ) of free-to-play gamers on forums.

Three-cornered hats don't exist anywhere in the Star wars franchise,

I'll be sure to ask Mr. Lucas next time i see him. :rolleyes: In the meantime, i'll venture to guess someone somewhere in vast history of STAR WARS must've thought to craft or invent such a random type of hat. Otherwise, surely BioWare & LucasArts wouldn't have signed-off on such an addition that was non-canon, would they? :rak_02:

but I'll hazard I'm not the only one in the game who likes running around like a pirate.

Nice EDIT of your post. :D ...And yeah, pirates are indeed canon: https://www.starwars.com/video/the-pirates-are-back ... so np and maybe next time try to come up with a better rebutal (assuming you truly are trying to engage in a valid discussion and not trying to , well, something else :eek: )

Anyways, thanks for the forum fun AGAIN ;) but let's head back ON-TOPIC....

They flip and flop so often between the community, .

That is what happens when you a) cater to the lowest common denominator F2P game model, b) constantly change Dev Teams, thereby stray further & further from your original 'pillar' (STORY), and c) hitch your wagons to EA :(

My guess is still 'the console port' theory, otherwise why else would BioWare seem to be turning this game more like ESO? :ph_danger: