Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

The auto-sorting of the inventory on PTS is a known bug, and not the desired behavior. You should expect inventory to work as it does in the Live game today upon 7.0's release.

Thanks Jackie, it's good to hear official word of this on the forums. I like my inventory to stay the way I organize it. :)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the way! Bite the hand of the person offering the first glimmer of acknowledgement of the multitude of issues voiced so far. I’m sure that will make them much more willing to respond to us.

And frankly official word that the inventory sorting issue is a bug and not intended was a pretty important issue for me. More than even the unequal gearing and loss of abilities it would have been a literal game killer for me.

Thanks for agreeing :)

Hi everyone,

• Converting the turn-in steps to Autocomplete on Daily and Weekly missions is only being done when the turn-in step is a 'Return to Dropbox' type of step. It will not be done to any turn-ins with a cinematic or otherwise.

Thank you for addressing this! I'm very happy to hear that you're not removing any cutscenes, as that was by far my biggest worry about the new expansion. (Now, if you could just return the heroic ending cutscenes, that would be even more awesome....)

Edited by Ruvalie

...I’m not sure where you got the idea that they’ll be essentially removing moddable/adaptive gear however...

Probably from their own itemization post.

Nearly all gear that is rewarded and upgraded will be static and non-moddable to allow for a more convenient upgrade path for the player. Comparing stats and upgrading gear will greatly improve and become easier to understand. Players will still be able to use moddable gear, but this type of gear is not required for players to be effective in any content in the game. Access to a moddable gear vendor will be granted at item rating 334, which is the highest possible gear rating attainable in the major game update following 7.0. We plan to provide that additional layer of stat customization to those players who prefer to min/max their characters between major updates.

Conquest, flashpoint, and PVP gear paths cap out at item rating 326, so yes, effectively, for the majority of players gear mods are going away. If there are no gear mods then there is no need for adaptive gear other than for cosmetics. Also, this is why they finally put weapons in outfit designer; because the majority of us will be using non-moddable weapons with static stats. The issue that many people have is that the agency we have heretofore enjoyed with regard to our gear is being removed.

We will now be restricted to the stat allocations that BW have determined we should have based upon the quality of gear we have from the content that we complete. Conquest will only give green quality gear, flashpoints will only give blue, and operations will give purple (possibly going into gold at higher item ratings up to the Ops cap of 334). And, of course, the higher the quality the better the stat allocation.

But then, will it really matter since level sync has been completely reworked and will now apply to tertiary stats (crit, alacrity, etc.) and so for all <80 content our stat will be determined for us and our allocations will not matter.

So the only question I have as a player is with every expansion there has been an increase in crafting skills am I right to assume that will be the case with 7.0 as well and if it is does this also mean we will have new augments as again usually when y'all increase levels you also increase augments as to correspond to the new tiers of gear

There was a post somewhere, can't remember where, that stated that there will be no new augments for now. So 300 augments will still be the best augments on launch of 7.0.

Probably from their own itemization post.

Conquest, flashpoint, and PVP gear paths cap out at item rating 326, so yes, effectively, for the majority of players gear mods are going away. If there are no gear mods then there is no need for adaptive gear other than for cosmetics. Also, this is why they finally put weapons in outfit designer; because the majority of us will be using non-moddable weapons with static stats. The issue that many people have is that the agency we have heretofore enjoyed with regard to our gear is being removed.

We will now be restricted to the stat allocations that BW have determined we should have based upon the quality of gear we have from the content that we complete. Conquest will only give green quality gear, flashpoints will only give blue, and operations will give purple (possibly going into gold at higher item ratings up to the Ops cap of 334). And, of course, the higher the quality the better the stat allocation.

But then, will it really matter since level sync has been completely reworked and will now apply to tertiary stats (crit, alacrity, etc.) and so for all <80 content our stat will be determined for us and our allocations will not matter.

I was under the impression that their post was in reference to strictly cosmetics not gearing. I assumed this because 6.0 gearing revolved around set bonuses which neither Cartel Market Items or Alliance Crates provided and therefore purely are cosmetic.

I can understand why people are visibly upset, however I also think that it’s a nice change especially if it could potentially intrigue players into doing harder content— giving them more reason to play.

Also, CMIIW (@Devs) I hear that legacy ops will be scaled to level 80 which wouldn’t result in a predetermined stat allocation. I do agree however that going from moddable gear to predetermined stats is a bit much considering it takes away the freedom to freely allocate stats to fit our playstyles.

Hi everyone,

Wanted to clarify a few things the team has seen pop up in this thread:

• Converting the turn-in steps to Autocomplete on Daily and Weekly missions is only being done when the turn-in step is a 'Return to Dropbox' type of step. It will not be done to any turn-ins with a cinematic or otherwise.
  • In some cases it makes more sense to keep tagging rules to the old system where only a group shares credit and looting. Encounters such as Dreadtooth and Ancient Threat will continue to use group tagging rules.
  • The auto-sorting of the inventory on PTS is a known bug, and not the desired behavior. You should expect inventory to work as it does in the Live game today upon 7.0's release. We will update the Known Issues thread in the PTS forum to reflect this

Jackie

Thank you for this. Upon re-reading about the first point, I missed that. Silly me. And the third point, I was 99% sure, but then I found out 100% it's bugged when I tried using the "compact" sorting option... and nothing happened. I was like "Hmm... I think I can say with certainty that it's bugged. If it wasn't, that should've worked. Also, the auto-sorting it's doing isn't doing it right." Still, the confirmation is much appreciated.

I was under the impression that their post was in reference to strictly cosmetics not gearing. I assumed this because 6.0 gearing revolved around set bonuses which neither Cartel Market Items or Alliance Crates provided and therefore purely are cosmetic.

I can understand why people are visibly upset, however I also think that it’s a nice change especially if it could potentially intrigue players into doing harder content— giving them more reason to play.

Also, CMIIW (@Devs) I hear that legacy ops will be scaled to level 80 which wouldn’t result in a predetermined stat allocation. I do agree however that going from moddable gear to predetermined stats is a bit much considering it takes away the freedom to freely allocate stats to fit our playstyles.

No, it was about gearing and mods. Also there's players who don't like doing HARD content and prefer ENJOYING the game for its story, you know, the solo stuff.

Not counting the fact it's hard as f* just to find the right people to do said "hard content" (by "right people", I meant people who wouldn't ask for money to help, people who wouldn't let you die before the last boss is killed and fire you from the group to prevent you from getting the loot, people who abandon you or rage quit during a Flashpoint/Operation mission, a Guild who wouldn't try to harass you into doing "harder content" or because they don't like how you play your characters...).

F* Bioware and anyone else agreeing with them basically removing Mods and the usefulness of adaptive armors from the game (and basically saying all efforts to get the "perfect" equipment players wanted until now are worthless).

Sorry for my language but I'm angry and frustrated right now...

Edited by Talon_Sora

No, it was about gearing and mods. Also there's players who don't like doing HARD content and prefer ENJOYING the game for its story, you know, the solo stuff.

Not counting the fact it's hard as f* just to find the right people to do said "hard content" (by "right people", I meant people who wouldn't ask for money to help, people who wouldn't let you die before the last boss is killed and fire you from the group to prevent you from getting the loot, people who abandon you or rage quit during a Flashpoint/Operation mission, a Guild who wouldn't try to harass you into doing "harder content" or because they don't like how you play your characters...).

F* Bioware and anyone else agreeing with them basically removing Mods and the usefulness of adaptive armors from the game (and basically saying all efforts to get the "perfect" equipment players wanted until now are worthless).

Sorry for my language but I'm angry and frustrated right now...

moddable gear isn't necessary for solo stuff. so it technically doesn't matter even if that is what it will all be like. there's no need to have even the highest rating gear. I got full 306 min/max augmented set bonus (vendor) gear and it was completely unnecessary. the only purpose for min/max gear is for that hard content.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Yeah... Except that my main source of Mods was the 270 rating mods sold on the fleets and Bioware is removing that to make place for the new "Decurion equipment" vendors from what I heard and my only other way to get Mods (since I only play Solo content) was the renown system and Bioware is getting rid of that too...

All of that is making me very worried for the equipment I already have alone...

Bioware is not removing mods and adaptive armor from the game, they are simply not part of the next expansion's gearing path at-launch. The gear you are currently wearing will not disappear, but you will replace it with the new expansion's gear as you play. You will need to set up outfits with your cartel gear to retain the appearance of what you are currently wearing.

No, you are being misleading. They are removing mods and adaptive gear at max lvl for anyone who doesn’t play operations and is able or willing to play that content to follow that gearing path to open up the vendor when you reach the maximum static gear lvl for that gear tree.

That’s what many of us are upset about. We like to decide our own stats because BioWare has proven for the last 9 years that it’s incapable of selecting the right mix of stats for certain classes and content. And if the PTS gear is anything to go on, they still haven’t learnt that healers don’t need accuracy and Sorcs don’t need it in pvp.

Why can’t BioWare add one of these mod & adaptive gear vendors for each gearing tree they are adding into the game. Why do operations people get the benefit, but pvpers, flashpoint / uprising and conquest players lose this ability to select their own stats and gear.

The mods don’t even need to be the highest lvl as the operations mods, but they need to be available to the wider player base through their preferred play style / gearing trees. To single out operations players to only have mods encourages elitism and discourages community harmony (as seen on the forums). And it will make a lot of players unhappy enough to leave the game or quit within months of the 7.0 launch.

The best thing BioWare could do at the moment is recognise this is problem for a lot of people and announce they will be adding the same sort of mods & adaptive gear vendors for each gear tree. If they keep ignoring this issue, more and more people will decide to leave and not look back even if they add them latter. On top of that, the community will keep fighting with each other and a bigger rift will grow between the operations players and everyone else.

BIOWARE, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE? Do you want people to leave? Are you enjoying watching the community attacking itself over perceived favouritism and elitism?

Okay, a couple things. First:

Yeah... Except that my main source of Mods was the 270 rating mods sold on the fleets and Bioware is removing that to make place for the new "Decurion equipment" vendors from what I heard and my only other way to get Mods (since I only play Solo content) was the renown system and Bioware is getting rid of that too...

All of that is making me very worried for the equipment I already have alone...

Based on your forum history, you've been playing the game for a while. The idea of static gear should be nothing new. Heck, even this expansion had us use static gear until we got our set bonus shells. Given that you are apparently using cartel shells and low-end mods on your characters, I have been assuming this is primarily a cosmetic complaint. Rest assured, Bioware is not going to repo/remove/take away/delete any of your existing adaptive gear. I suggest you play around with outfit designer.

Second:

Conquest, flashpoint, and PVP gear paths cap out at item rating 326, so yes, effectively, for the majority of players gear mods are going away.

It has been very clear that at 7.0 launch no one has access to the adaptive gear vendor. The itemization post says that the mod vendor becomes available at i334, which will be initially gated behind the new VM/HM R-4 operation. However: the dev post also makes clear that iLevel will increase for all gear paths over the course of the expansion.

let’s expand on what’s known as the gearing ceiling. New and more powerful gear will be released with each new major update, but game balance will remain the same throughout 7.0 patches. Content that may have been too difficult or intimidating at launch will eventually be out-geared, giving players an opportunity to level up to higher difficulties and also learn the mechanics of the content at their own pace. As expansion updates get released, we will also raise the “floor,” or the power of base gear, so new players who happen to join the expansion at a mid-way point aren’t left behind by this power growth....

Let’s take a look at what this could look like with example item ratings:

Players will start earning gear with a 308-318 item rating from levels 75-79. In 7.0, once a player reaches level 80, the base progression gear rewarded will be item rating 320. Gear obtained via Conquests can be upgraded up to item rating 326. In a future update, the base gear rewarded in that same content would be 322, and the upgrade limit raised to 330.

In other words: While ops-players will unlock it significantly faster, eventually everyone will have access to i334, and therefore the mod vendor. 7.0 is not like 6.0. The gear grind will be an ongoing thing for everyone as new updates are released.

Crystal, You are assuming all players will have access to this vendor and I believe this is incorrect. If you have some firm confirmation from BioWare that specifically states this as fact, please share. Because don’t you think if your assumption was true, that Jackie would have just told us in her post. Instead this important issue was left out of her clarification post.

Why? Because at this stage, only the operations players have access through their gear tree because this vendor is linked to their gear tree. Bioware has no intention of every player having access to the operations gear tree, they’ve already stated you can only upgrade your gear via each specific content gear tree.

That is why I believe your interpretation is wrong.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Crystal, You are assuming all players will have access to this vendor and I believe this is incorrect. ...don’t you think if your assumption was true, that Jackie would have just told us in her post. Instead this important issue was left out of her clarification post. .

Given the amount of confusion and anger on the forums right now, I agree that someone with yellow-text privileges should give a succinct confirmation one way or the other. However, I remain convinced that my assessment is correct. (If we get yellow text saying I'm wrong, then you all definitely have a valid complaint.)

From the same article:

Nearly all gear that is rewarded and upgraded will be static and non-moddable to allow for a more convenient upgrade path for the player. Comparing stats and upgrading gear will greatly improve and become easier to understand. Players will still be able to use moddable gear, but this type of gear is not required for players to be effective in any content in the game. Access to a moddable gear vendor will be granted at item rating 334

We know for fact that all gear paths will have an increase in iLevel floor and ceiling as time goes on.

We know for fact that a moddable gear vendor is granted at iLevel 334.

The quote referencing the vendor is in the middle of the basic Gaining Power section of the article--it's NOT referencing any path or playstyle in particular. The only qualification on this vendor appears to be iLevel.

Therefore yes, I conclude that all playstyles will eventually have access to this vendor.

Edited by Crystal_Mind
additional words

And you Crystal_Mind, have you played the game at all? Did you ever tried to play with a full adaptive armor set from the Cartel Market or anywhere else in SWTOR but without any Mods on it? I can assure you, you'll get killed in-game in no time if you tried that.

This is no decoration or weapons/armors appearance problem, this is a true problem where people can't wear the armor they want or use the weapon they want anymore because Bioware is literally removing modifications from the game for those only playing Solo content and push them to play harder missions despite the difficulty of finding a decent group/group alone.

Unless you have evidence of the contrary, you're just disagreeing for the sake of it.

Me? I have evidence of Mods vendors getting removed from the game, a YouTuber who has access to the beta of the new Expansion posted a few videos and I think I recognized the area where the vendors of the 60-75 levels Mods were when she showed the new "Decurion" armors.

It's not much as evidence but it's still more than what you "showed" so far.

Given the amount of confusion and anger on the forums right now, I agree that someone with yellow-text privileges should give a succinct confirmation one way or the other. However, I remain convinced that my assessment is correct. (If we get yellow text saying I'm wrong, then you all definitely have a valid complaint.)

From the same article:

We know for fact that all gear paths will have an increase in iLevel floor and ceiling as time goes on.

We know for fact that a moddable gear vendor is granted at iLevel 334.

The quote referencing the vendor is in the middle of the basic Gaining Power section of the article--it's NOT referencing any path or playstyle in particular. The only qualification on this vendor appears to be iLevel.

Therefore yes, I conclude that all playstyles will eventually have access to this vendor.

“If” you are correct and I’m still not convinced, what is the time line till every other player is able to reach the required iLevel?? That would also be a problem for me if it’s 2 to 12 months for players outside operations to be given access.

I don’t understand or like this static gear idea at all for any part of the game because BioWare are incapable of understanding their own stats and how they relate to certain classes and content. They think “one size fits all” and it just doesn’t. You only need to look at the rubbish stats on the PTS to see why this static gear is such a terrible idea.

They would be better off if all the gear was moddable and then people could swap out rubbish. Why not have gear like we’ve had for 8 years. Why change it back to a swtor 1.0 system. It just makes no sense to go from our current system that had way too many mods that were totally useless to a system that gives you no choice. It’s such a dramatic shift in ideas that it’s like the BioWare design managers don’t understand anything about their own game or player base.

BioWare need to fix this before it goes live. Especially if a large portion of the player base won’t have access at all or not for months at least. That WILL drive some players from the game, which should be the last thing BioWare wants. But they seem determined to do so and at the same time think they will miraculously build up new player numbers? It makes no logic to do this if it loses players.

Where are the new players coming from?? And if we lose 10-20% of current players because of the bad design choices in 7.0, BioWare will need even more new players if they plan on building up the player base if 10-20% leave. Something that ChrisS often says on Discord is their goal. So why actively drive paying players away if your goal is to improve the population numbers? How is that logical?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Where are the new players coming from?? And if we lose 10-20% of current players because of the bad design choices in 7.0, BioWare will need even more new players if they plan on building up the player base if 10-20% leave. Something that ChrisS often says on Discord is their goal. So why actively drive paying players away if your goal is to improve the population numbers? How is that logical?

Because if you get rid of the players that aren't part of your vision for the game and start to attract those that are, then you can put out more content for a less diverse group of playstyles, making life easier on the devs.

I'm going to reserve my judgement once it all goes live, there are things I am excited for and some much less so, but I think they have a goal in mind, and I don't think any hubbub on forums that were abandoned a while ago for Discord will change their mind.

If it sucks i'll leave, if it's awesome i'll stay, and I think they will have taken into account players they will lose vs players they want to attract with this expansion and that's set in stone.

I'll wait and see.

For once i'm going to be optimistic.

Because if you get rid of the players that aren't part of your vision for the game and start to attract those that are, then you can put out more content for a less diverse group of playstyles, making life easier on the devs.

I'm going to reserve my judgement once it all goes live, there are things I am excited for and some much less so, but I think they have a goal in mind, and I don't think any hubbub on forums that were abandoned a while ago for Discord will change their mind.

If it sucks i'll leave, if it's awesome i'll stay, and I think they will have taken into account players they will lose vs players they want to attract with this expansion and that's set in stone.

I'll wait and see.

For once i'm going to be optimistic.

No one seems to be able to say where these mysterious new players are supposed to come from or who the target audience even is?

If there is no particular target audience and no targeted marketing to attract these specific players, then the net affect of getting rid of players from the game will mean less players over all. Which = less subscribers = less income.

That seems like a terrible business plan for shareholders and employees who will lose out in the long run. In any other industry it would be called out as flawed and people would be shown the door.

That’s why I don’t believe your analysis is correct.

Are you enjoying watching the community attacking itself over perceived favouritism and elitism?

They've been doing that for a while already now. Starting from conquest changes to cater one part of the playerbase with massive points available every week, repeatable every day, while destroying other people's objectives completely or just having them up very rarely. They are doing it with changes in abilities, where one part of the playerbase gets to keep their abilities, while others don't. And this time it's the gearing paths. Not sure if they'll ever run out of ideas to make different groups of players to attack each other...

They've been doing that for a while already now. Starting from conquest changes to cater one part of the playerbase with massive points available every week, repeatable every day, while destroying other people's objectives completely or just having them up very rarely. They are doing it with changes in abilities, where one part of the playerbase gets to keep their abilities, while others don't. And this time it's the gearing paths. Not sure if they'll ever run out of ideas to make different groups of players to attack each other...

divide and conquer , if we are too busy fighting each other, they can slip any old garbage in, and they won't have to face a united community.

It has been very clear that at 7.0 launch no one has access to the adaptive gear vendor. The itemization post says that the mod vendor becomes available at i334, which will be initially gated behind the new VM/HM R-4 operation. However: the dev post also makes clear that iLevel will increase for all gear paths over the course of the expansion.

In other words: While ops-players will unlock it significantly faster, eventually everyone will have access to i334, and therefore the mod vendor. 7.0 is not like 6.0. The gear grind will be an ongoing thing for everyone as new updates are released.

Maybe you need to reread that itemization post because it seems you did not understand the words that came out of their fingers.

But first, your point that no one will have access to moddable gear on day one is irrelevant. Day one of 6.0 everyone was given green, modded 268 gear, but from the outset everyone had an itemization path that would lead them to modded, gold, set bonus gear. Every. Single. Player. Now, the sole itemization path that leads to modded gear, meaning tuned stats to suit one's play style, is operations. Now, I do not know how long you have been playing, I did not look into your forum history, but I started playing in 2012 and I can tell you that basic end-game gear in the 1.x and 2.x days was purple and modded. So if you have been playing for a while then you should know that this, forcing most players into static stat gear at end game, is something new.

Now, back to that itemization post.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211102

Access to a moddable gear vendor will be granted at item rating 334

At launch Conquest and flashpoint gearing paths will have a floor of 320 and cap at 326. Now, you tried to make the claim that this part of the post means that everyone will have access to moddable gear.

As expansion updates get released, we will also raise the “floor,” or the power of base gear, so new players who happen to join the expansion at a mid-way point aren’t left behind by this power growth.

But you seem to have missed these parts, the last lines for both Conquest and flashpoint gearing.

Flashpoints

In a future update, this max would increase to item rating 328 for Veteran players, and item rating 330 for Master players.

Conquests

In a future update, this would increase to item rating 330 for Conquest players.

If moddable gear only becomes available at IR 334 and the plan is to cap Conquest and Fps at 326 and only raise their ceiling to 330, on the gearing treadmill that Chris Schmidt describes as giving us a reason to keep playing, then no, moddable gear will not be available to all players. It will only be available to Ops players as no other content will have a ceiling high enough to access the vendor.

Another point against your claim is that gear from the various gearing paths can not be cross upgraded. Green Conquest gear can only be upgraded at the Conquest vendor to higher IR green gear. Blue Fp gear can only be upgraded to higher IR blue gear. Purple Ops gear, the gear that has a path to mods, will not be accessible unless one runs Ops. The mod vendor becomes available once someone takes their Ops gear and upgrades it to IR 334.

No, mods and moddable gear will not be available to everyone in this itemization scheme and the majority of players will be stuck using the stats that BW has decided is best and, as Trixxie pointed out, BW has historically been very bad at determining the best stats.

At launch Conquest and flashpoint gearing paths will have a floor of 320 and cap at 326. Now, you tried to make the claim that this part of the post means that everyone will have access to moddable gear...

...If moddable gear only becomes available at IR 334 and the plan is to cap Conquest and Fps at 326 and only raise their ceiling to 330,...

Cery, this is where we disagree. When I read that itemization post, the following stands out to me:

New and more powerful gear will be released with each new major update, but game balance will remain the same throughout 7.0 patches.

Your quote highlighting the example iLevel upgrades, is about one such update ("in a future update..."). I don't see anything in that section implying that the gear available after the first major update (release of R4) is the final gear ceiling, especially since they made such a point about outgearing content.

Another point against your claim is that gear from the various gearing paths can not be cross upgraded. Green Conquest gear can only be upgraded at the Conquest vendor to higher IR green gear. Blue Fp gear can only be upgraded to higher IR blue gear...

We don't know anything about how the mod vendor will work, because it's not on PTS. We don't know what currency it will take. It could just take gear frags or ARMs (which everyone needs). All we have been told is that access opens at i334 (initially available through VM/HM R4). Nothing in the article says it will be restricted by anything other than iLevel, which we know will increase for everyone over the course of the expansion.

The static gear: yes. That can only be upgraded from mats retrieved along your content path. We can see this on the test server. The mods vendor, though? I don't think so. Mods are mods. Since set bonuses are gone, you can slot them in any gear that will take them.

You're welcome to disagree; that's your right. But I've said my piece, and I'm stepping away.

This is how I read it as well. Every major update iLevels would increase across the board eventually allowing everyone access to the 334 iLevel mods/enhancements vendor. 334 ilevel was listed for VM R-4, but consider this. When NiM comes out, wouldn't all of the others get another boost as well? so that 330 for conquest would again go up to 334 or something along those lines? Edited by Toraak

If moddable gear only becomes available at IR 334 and the plan is to cap Conquest and Fps at 326 and only raise their ceiling to 330, on the gearing treadmill that Chris Schmidt describes as giving us a reason to keep playing, then no, moddable gear will not be available to all players. It will only be available to Ops players as no other content will have a ceiling high enough to access the vendor.

Another point against your claim is that gear from the various gearing paths can not be cross upgraded. Green Conquest gear can only be upgraded at the Conquest vendor to higher IR green gear. Blue Fp gear can only be upgraded to higher IR blue gear. Purple Ops gear, the gear that has a path to mods, will not be accessible unless one runs Ops. The mod vendor becomes available once someone takes their Ops gear and upgrades it to IR 334.

No, mods and moddable gear will not be available to everyone in this itemization scheme and the majority of players will be stuck using the stats that BW has decided is best and, as Trixxie pointed out, BW has historically been very bad at determining the best stats.

Thank you. That’s exactly how I read it too.

Plus ChrisS has been very reluctant to confirm or deny this on Discord and BioWare seem to be ignoring requests from players to confirm this.

Which makes me 100% believe they know players are and will be pissed off about this and they aren’t willing to back track (as usual).

So they do what they always do when they don’t want to deliver bad news before an expansion, they pretend we aren’t asking and stick their heads in the sand.

Remember when they moved the west coast server to the east coast and kept it secret from us. Players were rightly upset and shocked by such an omission and unsubbed in droves. This is starting to feel a little like that.