Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Awesome changes, but i really want to know what about achievements? The last time that some achievements were gonna change and become unobtainable in a incoming expansion you let us know with time in advance so were able to complete them... What about now? Thanks!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

Bioware continually amazes me with their ability to learn absolutely nothing whatsoever about how players react to in game incentives despite years of having a game in which to observe players reacting to in game incentives.

I will re-translate your description in a way that should make clear what the unintended consequences are likely to be:

Devs: "Hey, guys, we have some really old repetitious content, would you be willing to play it instead of griping about the lack of new content if we bribe you with in-game rewards?"

Most players: "Sure, we are well trained to seek loot as efficiently as possible in this genre of game, if the bribes are big enough and the content isn't really all that challenging, we're on board with that."

Devs: "Hey, Galactic Seasons worked pretty well at herding people into content, so we'd like to try some more herding. Minor problem though, we aren't ready for another season of Seasons yet, and we're dumping too many rewards into the in game economy in any case, so we're trying herding a new way. Instead of bribing you to do easy recycled content of your choice, we're going to narrow the selection to one or a few of the available types of recycled content, and if you don't complete it on our schedule, we'll erase any progress you made toward it and you'll get nothing. How does that sound?"

Most players: "[unprintable rants with a lot of swearing]. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Screw you Bioware, I'm doing something else unless I was already planning on doing the Daily/Weekly in that timeframe to begin with."

TLDR: Trying to bully players into doing things that you used to bribe them into doing is not likely to work well. It's especially likely to backfire with the low commitment casual players who weren't that interested in doing the targeted content in the first place.

If you're worried about bribe influenced inflation, there's already a solution in game. You give rewards that are linked to timed/expansion/level expirations. Gear and holiday themed items already tend to work in this way. Expendable/consumable things are another option as rewards. Actually, as a money printing scheme, I'm not sure why you folks have never ventured into consumable cosmetics. Sort of like stims, but for appearance. Face paint, makeup, holo-outfits? If it's "cool" and some sort of new category so people don't get pissed about downgrading things that used to be durable into something ephemeral, you have an ideal player bribery treadmill that's basically inflation-proof, and indeed, if you include purchased bits and bobs to make the bribe item work ("activate it") you have a workable credit sink that doesn't step on the Cartel Market's toes/income stream.

Most of the rest of it sounds like fairly decent quality of life improvements.

Next time you respond to my posts, maybe you should read the whole post first. I already replied to that in both of my posts. If you didn't get it from either of those posts, repeating it won't make any difference.

It was a rhetorical question.

Also, instead of spamming this thread with multiple posts with one to three sentences to the posts you’re trying to reply to I suggest you dump them into one post before it gets marked as spam then deleted and you have another thing to complain about.

Probably because selective reading.

How is it selective reading? Fact of the matter is no one knows how big of an effect this change has and yet so many people are acting like they won’t be able to play the game anymore because “WAAAAAA I CAN’T DO THIS MECHANIC WITHOUT STEALTHING IT ANYMORE WAAAAAAAH” or “WAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY GAVE US TWO REZZES AND NOW I CANT STEALTH REZ CHAIN ANYMORE WAAAAAAAAAH”.

If you don’t realize just how strong Vanish is in PvE is, I don’t know what to say to you. The fact that chain rezzing is only feasible by stealth rez breaks the intended use of Healers using rez for one person only and only being able to use it after every 5 minutes. Not to get 3 people who died from a mechanic that could have been AVOIDED ENTIRELY.

Not to mention the fact that you’re able to cheese mechanics that you’re supposed to deal with. But hey, complacency and lack of critical thinking is a thing I guess.

If your whole group is centred around stealth cheeses or stealth rezzes, you have bigger issues and complacency is one of them. Why do I say complacency? Because it seems to me that the people complaining about the Vanish nerf are somehow incapable of thinking of other ways to deal with literally one mechanic. Either that or they were fed information that that says “Oh you absolutely need a Sin Tank handling this” and not once have tried to figuring out other ways to deal with that one mechanic without a sin tank constantly. Don’t get me wrong, some classes are better at handling it than others and therefore easier but certainly not impossible.

It is exactly the same thing. Vanish needs to be removed from all game modes or not remove it at all. There is no reason to give pvp players special treatment.

And once again, there are no mechanics in PvP and Open World Zones to break! PvP, all you have to do is not die; kill or be killed. That’s not a mechanic, that’s the “goal” if you will.

You can’t chain rez your teammates like you can in Operations. You can’t cheese intended mechanics like you can in Operations.

In Arenas or Warzones, you’re fighting against other players; people who can and will try to chase you down so you cannot heal. You’re never truly out of combat in PvP, the unpredictable nature of players vs the predictable nature of a preprogrammed boss. Not sure why this is such a foreign concept.

Edited by xKurisaki

Thank you for all of these changes that are being made. While I do appreciate the attention BioWare is giving to credit inflation I'm wondering what proof there was that Conquest Credit rewards are a significant part of credit inflation?

My purpose with this post is to inform, not complain or otherwise define how big a problem may be in the eyes of BioWare. You have access to more economic information I may have on the back-end, I can only tell you how the players I know make millions or billions.

I am one of the gtn sellers that will sell war supplies, prefabs, or flip low-priced items on the GTN in order to make a profit. I can make several million in a matter of a few days and the Conquest Credit rewards whether small, medium, or large are insignificant compared to what I've seen others do for income.

I can see that BioWare might not want to adversely impact the rewards subscribers get and the crafting that they do, but when it comes to real credit earnings and profit, it's CRAFTING for Conquest and End Game which is one of the biggest sources of revenue. The second that I've seen is the over-pricing of Cartel Market Items or drops from Flashpoints and Operations.

Cartel Market Items that Generate Significant Credits

Most of the billionares I know of sell Hypercrates, individual loot crates, Legacy or Character names changes and similar items. Others are the ones that craft the end-game gear, which is understandably worth a lot of money. I don't see that the end-game gear is really a problem for inflation, although I mention it because it IS a much better source of income than Conquest credit rewards. The thing that stands out the most when it comes to crafting are the War Supplies.

Conquest Crafting Prices/ GTN

If I can make a crystal capacitor and sell it for 1-3 million each depending on the going gtn rates, when invasion forces that require multiple war supplies are selling for the exact same average price on the gtn. Dark Projects also go for 3 million or more. These are more subscriber-centric crafted items as the time and amount needed to make a significant profit is eminently more feasible for those with subscriptions that can send up to 8 companions at a time to craft.

Decoration Drops, Recovered Relics,

The last thing I've seen which I know can net me nearly 50 million to 100 million in a week if I try are the decoration drops from Flashpoints and if I can flip or acquire a Recovered Relic to resell. While I understand you want to reward players for doing content repetitively, I wonder if the drop rates on the items which sell for millions (30 - 45 mil for Recovered Relics, FP items vary but rare ones can be up to 200 mil or more) are any more incentive than the Conquest Point rewards for doing these Flashpoints. (I'm purposefully leaving out Operations as those are already somewhat balanced in terms of rewards for items/ drops, etc, and being Subscriber content have to be approached differently). Would increasing the drop rate for some of these items help reduce the amount of credits in the hands of the players whom are already having significant incomes from crafting and playing content?

I find that those that need the end-game armor and other things that are significant credit sinks already have ways to earn credits that far exceed conquest rewards.

My purpose of mentioning these factors, I don't think the solution would be to reduce the amount of rewards for Conquest Credits. This may adversely impact preferred and free-to-play players who don't have the capability to craft the same quantity or quality of items to sell or otherwise can't afford to buy cartel market items on the gtn.

While I am a subscriber who adores having millions to spend on decorations due to crafting, I don't want to see the players limited by their own financial or other circumstances that prohibit them from playing extensively or otherwise being able to subscribe regularly to be able to have the capability of crafting extensively. In the past few years of playing I find that SWTOR is one of the most accessible and friendly to the widest range of players including the non-neurotypical and disabled which aren't always capable of the kind of game play or cartel market item selling that allows them to amass hundreds of millions to spend in the game.

I apologize that I can't write a short reply to save my life and I appreciate that you are listening to feedback so much this past year.

While I am a frequent seller of items on the gtn, and a subscriber, I'm genuinely concerned about credit inflation and the ability for BioWare to make sure this is wonderful gaming community for the majority of players.

Thank you.

Lengthy ??? Perhaps ... Or maybe not when considering the number of items that really are a part of what has contributed to the excess of credits that are out there.

Please add: the HUGE number of credits made from "farming" in various parts of the game. It should be noted that this is NOONE'S fault (player side). People have simply taken advantage of :

** large groups of alts used in turning their characters into credit making factories (It's easier than you might think ... especially if you've been with the game for nearly 10 years). Stop and think about it ... how many max alts? times how many "companions" (especially since KotFE / ET ) ????

** Other sources ... AND add to that the list mentioned above. ALL of which are viable. In short BW can cut off Solid Resource Matrix all they want to .. but it wont stop where this is going.

There are other solutions. But it would require more time for the team to invest in game activities and fun / interesting places (or things) for players to spend credits on as opposed to punishing those who have them in the first place.

Investing more time in those areas of the game is simply NOT going to happen. This games current track record seems to indicate that.

Without wishing to seem rude or anything, but you (the studio collectively) suck. Weapons, as I've been saying ever since Outfit Designer was released, should be in a separate system *like* Outfit Designer, but selectable independently of it.

Why? Because my characters' weapons are not part of their outfits.

Strangely enough ... I see your point and agree. The weapons designer should operate SIMILAR to Outfit Designer ... BUT independently.

(less likely to see bugs) :D

It would be nice to actually include sound when testing various weapons / modifications to said item.

A whole lot of waste of time and unnecessary changes. Some are actively against the interests of players. They could've spent this time on content.

[/snip]

On this part we definitely agree !!

EDIT:

IMO ... sooooooo many things that could have been ... but sadly will NEVER happen. Soooo much that could have been ADDED, improved on or even restored (AKA fun with companions or the return of replayable chapters. ) There are literally dozens of possibilities.

10th ANNIVERSARY ????

An anniversary should be a time of celebration. I'm holding onto a very thin thread of hope at this point. But to be perfectly candid about it ... that thread seems to be made of a poor quality material .... AND someone is holding a flame too close to it for my comfort right now !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

There absolutely is a reason. Vanish breaks operations, it does not break pvp (or open world pve). Therefore not having it remove you from combat in operations is a perfectly fine nerf. Just like how you can use Bloodthirst in operations, but not in arenas. Because Bloodthirst is too strong for arenas, but not for operations.

Break? How do operations get "broken" if someone stealths out to exit combat? There are bugs in operations that actually break something, but they are not fixed. If someone stealths out in an operation it doesn't break the game in any way. It's a way to play the game.

You are also just thinking about ops here, but this will affect flashpoints too. They are a major part of the game and there aren't any mechanics in flashpoints that can be skipped by vanishing. This will hurt players who never play ops, but enjoy soloing flashpoints. Only pvp players aren't affected and that is wrong. Vanish needs to be destroyed from pvp too or leave it as it is for pve players.

Hey folks,

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

-eric

Many topics have been made to talk about this. I already have made myself one of these, telling that weekly pvp missions are hard to get for some people and you want to make this even harder. Ouch! I don't know what you guys are doing or thinking but this is not going well. The problem with devs is.. they always think they are right and have the right to do what ever they want because they own the game, so they telling us deal with this or else.. or else what?. I guess not. People have spoken. This is clearly not a winnable strategy. I understand we need some refresh or changes but this is going a bit too far. I know you guys might think people farmed a lot of weekly missions from pvp ranked and this wasn't helping the inflation issue. Idk what is the reason why you brought this up until today. It was the only one thing I think you were considering to change. I can't believe with all the employees you got you didn't find something interesting that might resolve your problems and satisfying people at the same time.

I am conflicted with some of the changes. Weapons in Outfit Designer is amazing! Many of us have wanted this for ages, specially since we move gears around a lot and want our characters to look good at the same time.

Inflation problem ..... yup, it sucks. I don't know if the changes being offered would be good enough to help the economy. I don't think that increasing GTN tax or adding costs to amplifiers are going to help much. In my opinion, we need to both reduce the credits being generated, as well as give incentives for people to spend money. Reduce credit being generated from Heroics/Conquest. I know players who complete Conquest on 40-50 toons a week and run tons of Heroics generating 100mil+ credits a week without trouble. This is no where close to the amount of credits you need to spend. The raw credit being generated is way too high.

Secondly to reduce credit, I think there needs to be some high expense items in game. For example, add a mount in game that you can buy for 1 Billion credit. Add gambiling boxes that you can buy for 100mil, that drops a random cartel market item. Maybe have a random dye for 100-200 million. Something that will incentivize people to spend money very quickly.

Allow people to change appearance/race change for credit. Currently not a lot of people spend cartel coins to change appearance. Instead they just create a new character. Giving us the option to change appearance/race with credits will incentivize a lot of players to use this option. You will see people changing appearance weekly, even if it costs like 100+ million credits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the big one, Vanish. Personally I am conflicted with this change. Since Stealth rez has been around since the beginning, I feel like it has become part of the characters utility. I see it as a skill or utility that you would bring to a content. For Assassins at least, there is a 15 minute cooldown, so you can do it only once per fight, which I think is okay. I would even be okay it being taken away from Assassins, but I think Operatives (or at least healer Operatives), should be able to do stealth rez. It seems to fit their class design. The class design for operatives is to vanish and play a support role (specially a healer operative). Alternatively let vanish reset battle rez for Operatives.

If people are worried about chain rezing, make it so once you are revived, you are put in combat immediately. to prevent chain rez.

It was a rhetorical question.

Also, instead of spamming this thread with multiple posts with one to three sentences to the posts you’re trying to reply to I suggest you dump them into one post before it gets marked as spam then deleted and you have another thing to complain about.

Rhetorical questions are asked in order to create a dramatic effect rather than wanting to discuss. I guess some people need to do that because they don't have anything meaningful to say. I also find it funny that you got upset about my previous reply and reported it, because it just proves you can't discuss, you can only attack.

And double standards: You posted to both of my earlier posts separately, but now you are complaining when I also responded to your posts separately. I haven't found anywhere from the rules that I should put several replies to one message, but if there is such a rule, it applies to you too.

The rest of the silly rant I skipped. Sorry, but when someone starts using capitals to get their point across it's obvious they don't have a point to begin with, they are just trying to create an argument.

There is no reason to keep vanish in pvp if it gets destroyed from pve. It's been in game since launch, people have used it for 10 years and it's essential part of the class. I get that you don't get it, but I'm not the only one saying it's wrong. All game modes should be treated equally.

I don’t follow. Aren’t the weeklies in conquest Legacy locked; once you complete them on one character, you can’t complete it on another?

Or are you referring to the base amount of conquest given from the missions themselves and not the conquest missions?

I do a weekly for a daily area on one toon until I hit 50k Conquest points on that character (Black Hole and Czerka are short enough I just do the entire weekly), park that char in a stronghold, go to the next toon, do a different weekly until that toon's capped, and down the line, switching to heroics once I've done all the weeklies for daily areas I care to. I'm not logged in and I'm not going to log in just to look up specific amounts, but some of the weeklies give 100k conquest points. Or more. Making them a waste of points for me. Sure, they help get the guild closer to target, but they don't help me get encryptions for opening rooms in the guild ship.

I have an honest question for you and people that take several days to complete weeklies, is that all you (and everyone who follows this logic) do in this game? I personally don’t find the rewards very appealing so I stopped doing all of them.

The one weekly I mentioned was the weekly unranked mission - it's the only weekly I have trouble completing since they changed unranked. If the new way of gearing is solo/casual player friendlier than it is now, it might not be an issue as we won't need the PvP weeklies. All the other weeklies I usually do (Veteran FPs, GSF, Star Fortress) are easily done inside a week. The unranked one can take casual players over a week to complete because unranked is generally a poorly matched team (several low geared team members with only a couple geared to 306 against a well-geared pre-made team of ranked PvP experts). You've a very low chance of winning (you can play 10+ games in a row without a win) is at best tedious and at worst a game ruin-er, especially as I used to do ranked all the time before the changes when it was fun. In addition, I think everyone has worked out that unranked is only worth bothering with when warzones are the daily renown bonus which is usually once a week (otherwise you get 4v4 matches repeatedly in which it is 99% four randos against versus a good premade team). I don't want to spend my game doing dozens and dozens of one thing (especially when it feels like a chore rather than a fun game) when my time for playing is limited. I now split the unranked weekly between two or three weeks when the renown bonus is warzones. It's the only way I can tolerate it.

When unranked losses counted toward the weekly it was much better and people used to make the effort to win even though they didn't need to. It was never clear why BW felt they had to force "must wins" for unranked quests - our questions about it went unanswered. Now it's hopeless. If they do the same with GSF (currently losing a GSF match counts towards the daily/weekly quests) they can expect a huge backlash.

Rhetorical questions are asked in order to create a dramatic effect rather than wanting to discuss. I guess some people need to do that because they don't have anything meaningful to say. I also find it funny that you got upset about my previous reply and reported it, because it just proves you can't discuss, you can only attack.

And double standards: You posted to both of my earlier posts separately, but now you are complaining when I also responded to your posts separately. I haven't found anywhere from the rules that I should put several replies to one message, but if there is such a rule, it applies to you too.

The rest of the silly rant I skipped. Sorry, but when someone starts using capitals to get their point across it's obvious they don't have a point to begin with, they are just trying to create an argument.

There is no reason to keep vanish in pvp if it gets destroyed from pve. It's been in game since launch, people have used it for 10 years and it's essential part of the class. I get that you don't get it, but I'm not the only one saying it's wrong. All game modes should be treated equally.

Answer me this then, are you not being dramatic right now? Constantly crying about how “this won’t be the same game again” or “PvPer’s are getting special treatment again with this Vanish change”.

LOL. Bold of you to assume that I even bothered to report it. It clearly states in the forum TOS to avoid spam. I wouldn’t need to report it in a general discussion initiated by the devs (and forum moderators) to moderate the thread that they want to receive feedback from. I simply just warned you of the consequences before you start accusing others of reporting your responses for spam and potentially have it removed. I guess it was moot either way since not only have you proven me to be correct, but you also make yourself seem to be more unwilling to listen to discussion especially if you view my opinions on the vanish change as an attack to your opinion.

To the double standards, I replied to those threads at different time intervals which were 10 minutes apart from each post. Whereas your posts in this page http://https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998128&page=15, your first post,#146 at 11:51AM (from my screen) neither contributed to the discussion nor helped your case as to why it’s a bad nerf. Instead, you simply said “Read my first post” instead of providing more context to make it easier to understand your side of the argument. You then proceeded to follow up at #147, at 11:53AM to imply that I am selectively reading. In a post that both of these replies were under. Not to mention that you, once again, viewed it as an attack to your opinions and retaliated rather than asking “why is it a dumb argument”. Your third post, #147 at 11:56AM, you still argued the same reason why Vanish needs to be removed from all game modes, and your only supporting argument with that is “PvPers have special treatment” despite a few people giving VALID reasons as to why it’s not the same case as PvE.

Literally the use of capitalization, especially in quotes, have nothing to do with me getting the point across because I don’t have one. I’m in multiple raiding discords where I have first hand witnessed people saying those exact same things I have said in capital letters. The only reason why my replies seem argumentative is because you have neither given me any validity to your claims, especially with your argument with PvPers having special treatment over this change. Meanwhile, I and another person have given you ample reason as to why it’s not the same comparison. Despite that, you still continued with the same boring “special treatment” argument. If anything, you’re being hypocritical and are selectively reading to make your argument more valid by ignoring our counter arguments.

There you are again being overly dramatic that this ONE change will destroy PvE content indefinitely, on top of not providing any more evidence to support your claim. Anyone remember when Off-Tank classes got a nerf to Guard? I distinctly remember people freaking out about it like people are right now with Vanish. Or how about when the Renown gearing change and the removal of Galactic Command? People were FURIOUS. What happened? Their arguments were inconsequential because people adapted to it and figured out different ways to handle things. What people, at least on this forum don’t seem to understand is that MMOs will constantly change and it’s up to the player base to adapt to it. If you can’t, then sorry maybe MMOs aren’t for you.

If you’ve played WoW, they are always constantly changing the meta and their gearing structure for every expansion. Just because something hasn’t been changed for years doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t.

EDIT: Anyone remember when Veterans Edge was introduced to NiM Content? People complaining about it being removed because it made NiM VERY VERY EASY.

Sorry but to say that all game modes need to be treated equally would be ignorant and almost impossible. If you think it’s possible to balance the two different entities (PvE and PvP) and please 100% of the player base, I suggest you submit a resume to BioWare.

Edited by xKurisaki

Just gonna address these points

2. How will the Vanish change affect DPS? (Sorry I totally misread what was posted). My question still stands.

Deception/ Infiltration resets recklessness (Auto Crit Buff to force attacks) upon leaving combat. If vanish no longer removes you from combat this is effectively disabled reducing usage from ~ once every 30 sec to once a minute

I do a weekly for a daily area on one toon until I hit 50k Conquest points on that character (Black Hole and Czerka are short enough I just do the entire weekly), park that char in a stronghold, go to the next toon, do a different weekly until that toon's capped, and down the line, switching to heroics once I've done all the weeklies for daily areas I care to. I'm not logged in and I'm not going to log in just to look up specific amounts, but some of the weeklies give 100k conquest points. Or more. Making them a waste of points for me. Sure, they help get the guild closer to target, but they don't help me get encryptions for opening rooms in the guild ship.

Okay. I can understand this more now.

So, big hypothetical IF (and this is a suggestion), what if in their “weekly” rotation, the hard reset only applies to the Weekly Mission in that specific rotation, say, do 10 heroics during this week before you’re hard reset. They could provide an incentive to boost the rewards for each rotation rather than resetting all weekly missions? Not sure if I conveyed that correctly lmao.

The one weekly I mentioned was the weekly unranked mission - it's the only weekly I have trouble completing since they changed unranked. If the new way of gearing is solo/casual player friendlier than it is now, it might not be an issue as we won't need the PvP weeklies. All the other weeklies I usually do (Veteran FPs, GSF, Star Fortress) are easily done inside a week. The unranked one can take casual players over a week to complete because unranked is generally a poorly matched team (several low geared team members with only a couple geared to 306 against a well-geared pre-made team of ranked PvP experts). You've a very low chance of winning (you can play 10+ games in a row without a win) is at best tedious and at worst a game ruin-er, especially as I used to do ranked all the time before the changes when it was fun. In addition, I think everyone has worked out that unranked is only worth bothering with when warzones are the daily renown bonus which is usually once a week (otherwise you get 4v4 matches repeatedly in which it is 99% four randos against versus a good premade team). I don't want to spend my game doing dozens and dozens of one thing (especially when it feels like a chore rather than a fun game) when my time for playing is limited. I now split the unranked weekly between two or three weeks when the renown bonus is warzones. It's the only way I can tolerate it.

When unranked losses counted toward the weekly it was much better and people used to make the effort to win even though they didn't need to. It was never clear why BW felt they had to force "must wins" for unranked quests - our questions about it went unanswered. Now it's hopeless. If they do the same with GSF (currently losing a GSF match counts towards the daily/weekly quests) they can expect a huge backlash.

I wouldn’t mind if they brought back the losses counting towards weekly. The only reason why I was for that change in the first place was I noticed people wouldn’t try or stop trying at all, obviously this is influenced by the majority that just want to farm numbers and kills, I’m guilty of that. If the “must win” requirement must stay, would it be more reasonable for the dev team to lower how many wins you need?

Let me ask this then, and I by no means am being toxic as it’s a curiosity.

Are you not doing yourself a disservice by taking a much longer time to complete the weeklies in that one week?

If, and this is a hypothetical application to you since I don’t know you, but if your goal is to maximize weekly rewards per week, wouldn’t it make more sense to finish them in that time frame?

If my goal were to complete as many weeklies as possible every week, yes. But my goal is to enjoy all aspects of the game. Outside of some event weeklies, weeklies don't have enough reward to be an objective on their own. If I take 6 weeks to finish a heroic Star Forge weekly, so what? Heroic Star Forges aren't fun enough to do 6 in one week, but I still like to do them on occasion. Ditto just about anything else in the game that has a weekly.

But if your goal is to just play casually and do what you can however you like, I still think that you’re able to achieve both. Obviously it’ll be much more difficult to do that on multiple characters now but for RP purposes lets say, you want to play as a Merc and then want to play Sniper, you’re able to change classes from Combat Styles.

Yes, I will still be able to play casually and do what I can how I like, however I will no long get the same rewards that I used to.

For me, playing alts isn't about combat style, but about that character's personality and story. By and large I couldn't care less about combat styles. I don't want to play Bob as a merc in repetitive content, then continue to play Bob as a sniper in more repetitive combat. I want to play Bob ,who is a merc, in some content I haven't done with him yet, then switch to Jane, who is a sniper, and do some other content I haven't done with her yet. I'll sprinkle in repetitive content with which ever other character I want to play who has finished everything else up, regardless of their combat style.

I don’t follow. Aren’t the weeklies in conquest Legacy locked; once you complete them on one character, you can’t complete it on another?

Or are you referring to the base amount of conquest given from the missions themselves and not the conquest missions?

You were quoting someone else with this, so I'm not sure which scenario they had in mind. Many conquest items are once per legacy per day. I'm not a strategic conquest player. I putter around on a character until I hit conquest, then change to someone else and putter around on them. If I finish what I planned to do with a character and they are a little shy of their personal conquest, I'll do a planetary heroic. When I do that, I take the weekly for that planet, but there is no reason to finish it since only one counts. Another week I might do another heroic or two from the same planet for the same reason, and eventually I finish the weekly and get that extra little bit.

If my goal were to complete as many weeklies as possible every week, yes. But my goal is to enjoy all aspects of the game. Outside of some event weeklies, weeklies don't have enough reward to be an objective on their own. If I take 6 weeks to finish a heroic Star Forge weekly, so what? Heroic Star Forges aren't fun enough to do 6 in one week, but I still like to do them on occasion. Ditto just about anything else in the game that has a weekly.

Yes, I will still be able to play casually and do what I can how I like, however I will no long get the same rewards that I used to.

For me, playing alts isn't about combat style, but about that character's personality and story. By and large I couldn't care less about combat styles. I don't want to play Bob as a merc in repetitive content, then continue to play Bob as a sniper in more repetitive combat. I want to play Bob ,who is a merc, in some content I haven't done with him yet, then switch to Jane, who is a sniper, and do some other content I haven't done with her yet. I'll sprinkle in repetitive content with which ever other character I want to play who has finished everything else up, regardless of their combat style.

You were quoting someone else with this, so I'm not sure which scenario they had in mind. Many conquest items are once per legacy per day. I'm not a strategic conquest player. I putter around on a character until I hit conquest, then change to someone else and putter around on them. If I finish what I planned to do with a character and they are a little shy of their personal conquest, I'll do a planetary heroic. When I do that, I take the weekly for that planet, but there is no reason to finish it since only one counts. Another week I might do another heroic or two from the same planet for the same reason, and eventually I finish the weekly and get that extra little bit.

So like I had said to above this post, would it be more “fair” to not count the weekly reset outside of the current rotation? I don’t know if I can explain this as well as I thought of it in my mind, but for example:

Week 1: Complete x Heroic Missions by Week 2

All other weekly missions wouldn’t be reset by week 2, allowing you more time to do these missions. Obviously Week 1 is a time constraint but to incentivize that, the rewards would be more worthwhile?

The only flaw I see with this is that you can have a jump start on other weekly missions, so my proposition to that would be to make a “new” mission detailing the same objectives as other weekly missions; making it a separate entity outside of normal weekly missions. (Similarly to how Conquest has missions that require you to complete certain weekly missions in that week). Sorry if this seemed like a clutter chain of thoughts.

About the Weeklys getting removed/reset. It reminds me of bounties from Destiny 2. I think if the devs explained it better, as "The missions have a timer on it." instead of "Hey, at the weekly reset we go into your mission log and remove your harder work on the weeklys, you were at 9/10? sorry sucks be you!"

Also, the other things that needs to be clarified, is the GS and Conquest weeklys being reset at the weekly reset on Tuesday makes sense, "To make sure everyone is on the same mission." But the current weeklys? Heroics, dailys, pvp, FPs, uprisings? Do those have to be reset? I dont think so. And if so....why? That seems like a very poor design to just make every mission run off of the same code, that all it takes is one thing and BOOM dominos to the rest and screws them all up.

And this change doesnt 100% effect me, as I get most weeklys done in that week. But sometimes they linger, and i do NOT AT ALL like oversight from the devs deciding and choosing how and what I should do with my time. That is very very VERY limiting and stiffling to players.

Edited by Lakemine

Oh for the love of god! The only way for solo players to gear up is from completing conquests combined with completing weeklies. And to top it off the solo "track" is capped lower than the others. This is the fi**ng reason they are resetting weeklies every week and restricting which weeklies give rewards any particular week. Learning that killed any interest I had in the few good things 7.0 has to offer! I am steaming mad and trying so hard not to get banned right now. :mad: I can't express how angry the new direction this game has taken makes me.

Oh and they doubled the number of points it takes to get your personal conquest too! Gosh I really feel valued by Bioware! /s

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-will-gearing-work-in-swtor-7-0-pts-info/

Edited by Damask_Rose

So that's why they're changing the reset for Dailies and Weeklies, to screw over the solo players who have to use it and the now double points required Conquest, to get their gear. Why go from something like 6.0 where it was so easy to gear up and everyone could eventually reach the same level, to something overly complicated that doesn't help anyone. :(

Strangely enough ... I see your point and agree. The weapons designer should operate SIMILAR to Outfit Designer ... BUT independently.

(less likely to see bugs) :D

It would be nice to actually include sound when testing various weapons / modifications to said item.

I also see Steve’s point of view and agree it would be a better setup.

But I can also understand why Bioware have done it this way because two seperate systems trying to change your appearance might (and I say might) conflict in certain cutscenes etc.

And from Bioware’s perspective, it was probably the cheaper option to just make weapons part of the current outfitter (which is probably what drove the design decision).

Sadly, Bioware probably don’t have the resources to do it the best way (Steve’s way), which is a shame.

It is exactly the same thing. Vanish needs to be removed from all game modes or not remove it at all. There is no reason to give pvp players special treatment.

They aren’t giving pvpers special treatment. The only reason this change is happening in operations and flash points “only” is to stop players from circumventing the mechanics the devs set up for certain boss fights or cheesing engagements differently to the way Bioware want you to play them. If you take a minute, you’ll notice it isn’t happening in other pve content either.

Pvpers by definition aren’t cheesing boss fights or game mechanics when they use stealth to break combat. By the very definition it is player vs player. If you weren’t always so hostile towards pvp and played it, you would better understand the difference of what Bioware are trying to do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Answer me this then, are you not being dramatic right now? Constantly crying about how “this won’t be the same game again” or “PvPer’s are getting special treatment again with this Vanish change”.

Constantly? Are you somehow fixated on my posts, because I am not even posting constantly, and the only reason I'm posting now is because you keep attacking me with false accusations like this. Stick to the facts and stop putting words into my mouth just to attack me. Any value your opinion might have had is gone when you need to use personal attacks like this.

And you still don't get what I'm talking about: you are talking about vanishing ops, I am talking about vanishing in flashpoints. All you do is keep yelling that pvp players should keep their ability but it needs to be gone from pve, yet you haven't provided any reason why pve players who play flashpoints and pvp players should be treated differently.

You also don't seem to get that while there will never be balance between classes, which is something I didn't even ask for, it's just another thing you claim that I said to attack me, doesn't mean you have to make it even more unbalanced by removing abilities from part of the playerbase while others get to keep it.

And yeah, I cut the rest of your repetitive rant again because you are not replying to something I said, you are just twisting my words to keep arguing and I'm not interested in that.

Break? How do operations get "broken" if someone stealths out to exit combat? There are bugs in operations that actually break something, but they are not fixed. If someone stealths out in an operation it doesn't break the game in any way. It's a way to play the game.

You are also just thinking about ops here, but this will affect flashpoints too. They are a major part of the game and there aren't any mechanics in flashpoints that can be skipped by vanishing. This will hurt players who never play ops, but enjoy soloing flashpoints. Only pvp players aren't affected and that is wrong. Vanish needs to be destroyed from pvp too or leave it as it is for pve players.

It is staying as it is for pve players too in story, open world and heroics. It’s only being changed in operations and flash points.

Why do you insist other parts of the game need to have this Nerf applied to it if it has nothing to do with the reason Bioware are implementing it?

One could even turn your past arguments about class Nerfs back on you when you’ve blamed PVP for perceived class Nerfs and complained that it’s a pvp problem, so why do pvers have to suffer because of a PvP problem.

Can you see where I’m going with this?

Why should pvpers or other pvers have to be Nerfed because of an operations and flash point issue that has nothing to do with the other parts of the game. Or are you just being petty and want pvpers Nerfed because of past perceived slights on Nerfs Bioware made because of pvp?

You can’t have it both ways! You can’t complain one minute about whole class Nerfs because of a perceived pvp change by saying it’s not fair to pvers AND then the next minute demand the exact opposite that pvpers should get a Nerf when it’s an pve operations reason for the Nerf.

You should be grateful that Bioware are finally looking at the two separately and only nerfing something in specific content. From my perspective that’s a positive change in Bioware’s approach.

Hopefully that means they won’t necessarily have to Nerf whole classes now when they inevitably have to rebalance things next year after the 7.0 ability pruning and reorganisation.