Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

They aren’t giving pvpers special treatment. The only reason this change is happening in operations and flash points “only” is to stop players from circumventing the mechanics the devs set up for certain boss fights or cheesing engagements differently to the way Bioware want you to play them. If you take a minute, you’ll notice it isn’t happening in other pve content either.

Pvpers by definition aren’t cheesing boss fights or game mechanics when they use stealth to break combat. By the very definition it is player vs player. If you weren’t always so hostile towards pvp and played it, you would better understand the difference of what Bioware are trying to do.

Vanishing has not been a problem for ten years, why change it now. I play a lot of solo flashpoints and if the mob density is too high or too annoying, I'll go with a stealther. I am not circumventing any boss mechanics, the fight will reset if I stealth out during the encounter. That's why this change doesn't make any sense.

I used to play pvp, it was the only thing I played in this game for several years. I'm not hostile towards it, but I do have a problem with people who attack me just because they don't like my opinion. In this case they seem to be pvp players or people who defend unequality in rude and/or toxic manner.

In the long run giving special treatment to one group of players over another will hurt the community. Instead of creating rifts and resentment between different groups of players, devs should focus on treating everyone equally. They are not doing that very well.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Weapons in Outfitter

Finally, we’re excited to share details with you around one of the most requested features of the past several years: Weapons in Outfitter!

Beginning in 7.0, you’ll now be able to use Weapons in a similar way to Armor in our existing Outfitter system. This means you can have one weapon equipped which will determine the stats applied to your character, and stamp the appearance of another weapon of the same type via Outfitter.

Weapons have several properties that are unique to them as compared to Armor. They can have unique audio, Color Crystals, and Weapon Tunings. The weapon assigned to the Outfitter slot, or slots for dual-wielding combat styles, will determine which of these customization options are seen and heard in the game. If a weapon is not assigned to an Outfitter slot, the game will use the options from the currently equipped weapon instead.

The team has been working very hard to make these features a reality, and we’re eager to get them into your hands! You will be able to check some of this out on PTS in the next patch, keep an eye on the PTS forums for more details.

-eric

I still would enjoy playing a bounty hunter with the Amban-JP in the Outfitter-Slot.

The one weekly I mentioned was the weekly unranked mission - it's the only weekly I have trouble completing since they changed unranked. If the new way of gearing is solo/casual player friendlier than it is now, it might not be an issue as we won't need the PvP weeklies. All the other weeklies I usually do (Veteran FPs, GSF, Star Fortress) are easily done inside a week. The unranked one can take casual players over a week to complete because unranked is generally a poorly matched team (several low geared team members with only a couple geared to 306 against a well-geared pre-made team of ranked PvP experts). You've a very low chance of winning (you can play 10+ games in a row without a win) is at best tedious and at worst a game ruin-er, especially as I used to do ranked all the time before the changes when it was fun. In addition, I think everyone has worked out that unranked is only worth bothering with when warzones are the daily renown bonus which is usually once a week (otherwise you get 4v4 matches repeatedly in which it is 99% four randos against versus a good premade team). I don't want to spend my game doing dozens and dozens of one thing (especially when it feels like a chore rather than a fun game) when my time for playing is limited. I now split the unranked weekly between two or three weeks when the renown bonus is warzones. It's the only way I can tolerate it.

When unranked losses counted toward the weekly it was much better and people used to make the effort to win even though they didn't need to. It was never clear why BW felt they had to force "must wins" for unranked quests - our questions about it went unanswered. Now it's hopeless. If they do the same with GSF (currently losing a GSF match counts towards the daily/weekly quests) they can expect a huge backlash.

I had never been a fan of GSF until Galactic Seasons got me playing it. I was absolutely terrible at it and I’m still not fantastic, but at least I always try and win and I’ve definitely been getting much better. And my poor wife is still terrible and struggles to get 5% hit accuracy and more than a thousand in damage.

I can categorically say that if Bioware Implemented a win only requirement in GSF, we wouldn’t play it ever again. But because there is no win requirement, we feel able to participate and learn to get better while not wasting our time vs rewards and completing content.

Bioware should never have implemented the win only requirement in reg pvp before fixing or implementing a bunch of changes first to encourage proper play and map choice.

I understand their argument for doing so, but it was detrimental to the wider player participation and playing pvp properly. We lost many pvpers from the queue because of it and it didn’t improve player skills. All it did was cull new players or less skilled players from the queue.

The death matching where people don’t try and win still happens and all the other problems were exacerbated when they added the deserter timer too.

I really hope they don’t add a win requirement to GSF. And I hope they have major changes coming to reg pvp next year that include map choice, better rewards for winning and playing to win over scoreboard E-preening, plus allowing losses to count for weeklies. Those are the bare minimum for me if Bioware wants me to start playing pvp again and as frequently as I used to play before those previous changes were implemented.

Vanishing has not been a problem for ten years, why change it now. I play a lot of solo flashpoints and if the mob density is too high or too annoying, I'll go with a stealther. I am not circumventing any boss mechanics, the fight will reset if I stealth out during the encounter. That's why this change doesn't make any sense.

It has been a problem for ten years, just one that never got addressed. That doesn't mean it wasn't a problem. I do sympathise about your point of flashpoints, vanish really isn't a big issue there and maybe they should allow it to function there as it does. That said, even without Vanish you can still skip mobs with stealth, just make sure you're stealthed before aggroing them.

Still it makes no sense to call for it to be nerfed in other areas too. Why this attitude of "if I can't have it no one can"? If you want it to drop you from stealth in (solo) flashpoints ask for that. Don't ask for them to nerf it in other content as well. Then many would even agree with you, Vanish is not nearly as much of an issue in flashpoints as it is in operations.

I used to play pvp, it was the only thing I played in this game for several years. I'm not hostile towards it, but I do have a problem with people who attack me just because they don't like my opinion. In this case they seem to be pvp players or people who defend unequality in rude and/or toxic manner.

In the long run giving special treatment to one group of players over another will hurt the community. Instead of creating rifts and resentment between different groups of players, devs should focus on treating everyone equally. They are not doing that very well.

Firstly, Bioware have acknowledged it’s a problem for them because of game mechanics. I don’t necessarily agree with the changes either and I don’t think they are warranted. But if Bioware think it’s a problem with boss mechanics being cheesed, than so be it. I don’t like it, but I can live with it.

If you feel resentment towards other players because they aren’t being Nerfed because it’s got nothing to do with their content, that’s on you. I think you’ll find most of the player base won’t be resentful because they can logically see that this change has nothing do with the other parts of the game.

If you really feel this strongly about every player being treated equally with this Nerf, I’ll expect next time Bioware decide they have to Nerf something for pvp that you’ll be here advocating just as strongly as now that it should be implemented in PvE too even if it has nothing to do with PvE. I mean fairs, fair, right?

So many of these changes are not IMO for the better, many of the changes also lack information, so until more accurate info is given, most are pointless at present time.

Take the removal of the conquest material give as a reward of for completing conquest, you have done this before, you just replaced it with what we have now. Is this going to happen again? If so what's the point. Is the solid matrix just going to replaced with something new, if so why bother, if it not being replaced you did not say that.

The change to set gear, ok less items to get, also can be upgraded,however no details given on how you do this. Is it just a credit sink or does it require more than just credits?

Adding the new system that means as long as you have done damage you get credit for the kill, is all well and good, and good for group players, I think you have just lost the concept of what a solo player is.

Removal of Stealth is really the removal 4 skill classes, why would you think that is a good to idea?

Most of the rest of what you have written lack details, so no point even mentioning them at this point, until more details come out. So far however, not liking much so far. That may change when it goes live, but your written post does nothing to give me anything to look forward to at present time.

Edited by KoriVash

Firstly, Bioware have acknowledged it’s a problem for them because of game mechanics. I don’t necessarily agree with the changes either and I don’t think they are warranted. But if Bioware think it’s a problem with boss mechanics being cheesed, than so be it. I don’t like it, but I can live with it.

If you feel resentment towards other players because they aren’t being Nerfed because it’s got nothing to do with their content, that’s on you. I think you’ll find most of the player base won’t be resentful because they can logically see that this change has nothing do with the other parts of the game.

If you really feel this strongly about every player being treated equally with this Nerf, I’ll expect next time Bioware decide they have to Nerf something for pvp that you’ll be here advocating just as strongly as now that it should be implemented in PvE too even if it has nothing to do with PvE. I mean fairs, fair, right?

No, I don't feel resentment towards other players because their content didn't get nerfed. I feel resentment when they start to attack me personally when I ask for equal treatment. That's the problem. If their content would get nerfed, I wouldn't be attacking them. That's not who I am. I would think it's not my problem and move on. The resentment comes from the way they behave.

Regarding cheesing the boss mechanics in ops, it has never bothered me. That's why shadows/sins were given the abilities in the first place. Clearly it hasn't been a problem for BW before either, or they would have changed it ten years ago. Doing it now, to prevent people from playing the way they want to and have been doing for 10 years makes no sense. It makes even less sense when it's not removed from all game modes, because all game modes use it to get out of combat.

I've only been asked to tank with a shadow once to cheese anything, and lately we've just gone with VG and guardian because it's much more fun. I don't know if someone didn't get a spot in MM raid because they don't have a shadow/sin tank and if they got sour about it or what brought up this sudden urge to destroy a class, but it doesn't make any sense to do it now, and only to a part of the playerbase.

Regarding cheesing the boss mechanics in ops, it has never bothered me. That's why shadows/sins were given the abilities in the first place. Clearly it hasn't been a problem for BW before either, or they would have changed it ten years ago. Doing it now, to prevent people from playing the way they want to and have been doing for 10 years makes no sense. It makes even less sense when it's not removed from all game modes, because all game modes use it to get out of combat.

Just because they didn't change it before, doesn't mean it hasn't been an issue. It has been. Mutliple mechanics on multiple bossfights are compeltely circumvented by vanishing.

I've only been asked to tank with a shadow once to cheese anything, and lately we've just gone with VG and guardian because it's much more fun. I don't know if someone didn't get a spot in MM raid because they don't have a shadow/sin tank and if they got sour about it or what brought up this sudden urge to destroy a class, but it doesn't make any sense to do it now, and only to a part of the playerbase.

Nobody wants to destroy the class. Even without Vanish they are still a very powerful tank class. Only thing that'll change is they'll no longer be able to completely avoid certain mechanics completely that weren't meant to be circumvented.

Constantly? Are you somehow fixated on my posts, because I am not even posting constantly, and the only reason I'm posting now is because you keep attacking me with false accusations like this. Stick to the facts and stop putting words into my mouth just to attack me. Any value your opinion might have had is gone when you need to use personal attacks like this.

And you still don't get what I'm talking about: you are talking about vanishing ops, I am talking about vanishing in flashpoints. All you do is keep yelling that pvp players should keep their ability but it needs to be gone from pve, yet you haven't provided any reason why pve players who play flashpoints and pvp players should be treated differently.

You also don't seem to get that while there will never be balance between classes, which is something I didn't even ask for, it's just another thing you claim that I said to attack me, doesn't mean you have to make it even more unbalanced by removing abilities from part of the playerbase while others get to keep it.

And yeah, I cut the rest of your repetitive rant again because you are not replying to something I said, you are just twisting my words to keep arguing and I'm not interested in that.

How is this not factual evidence? You’ve been PERSISTENT on treating PvP and PvE “equally” when it’s two different entities in it’s entirety.

PvP: Players vs Players, players have the luxury to think for themselves and adjust to the situation they are in.

PvE: Players vs Environment, you are fighting NPCs that only follow a sequence of codes and scripts. They are unable to adjust to “unique” situations such as when you use Vanish to cheese a mechanic.

Vanish needs to be destroyed from pvp too or leave it as it is for pve players.

It is exactly the same thing. Vanish needs to be removed from all game modes or not remove it at all. There is no reason to give pvp players special treatment.

No. It's exactly the same thing. In pvp you also avoid a mechanic (= getting killed) by vanishing before your HP reaches zero or for other reasons.

There is no reason why pvp should be treated differently regarding vanish. Either remove it from pvp too or leave it as it is for pve.

I don't see the difference why pvp players get to keep their vanish but pve players won't? What's with the special treatment for pvp players?

Are you saying that Flashpoints and Operations are not under the same “PvE Umbrella”? Sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree. Operations are just big Flashpoints that require 8 players rather than 4.

If you’re just complaining about how it affects Flashpoints, then why did you bring PvP into it at all? You’ve done absolutely nothing to provide context as to why it should stay as it is in Flashpoints and Operations. You’ve once again proven that you’re just upset because it affects the one piece of content you care to do rather than thinking about the game in its entirety.

Why I’ve been getting you to address why you think PvPers have any special treatment in this change is because you first drew to the conclusion that PvP and PvE content are the same when they are in fact different pieces of content. And everything I quoted from you in the above spoilers tab supports my argument as they were things you yourself have commented in this thread. You have never in those five posts addressed why this change was bad for Flashpoints specifically, but rather attacked the idea with the notion of PvPers of having special treatment and demanded that PvP and PvE contents to be equal.

I won’t dive too deep into the context in Operations since you said that you’re only referring to flashpoints but this is what you said when you commented on the Vanish change:

I don't see the difference why pvp players get to keep their vanish but pve players won't? What's with the special treatment for pvp players? Maybe instead of doing this you should reconsider the mob density in some flashpoints. Especially in the last few flashpoints you have added SHIELDS on trash mobs, not to mention million knockbacks, roots and snares, to make them as melee unfriendly as possible. People stealth skip them for a reason. It's not their fault, it's yours.

You’ve addressed trash packs, roots, snares, knockbacks and those being the reason why people opt to Stealth them.

The post you replied to did not say that “Hey, you can’t stealth skip anymore. **** your stealth”. It said:

Vanish abilities will instantly drop all threat and allow players to enter stealth at max level, however, players will no longer exit combat.

Tell me where it says “You can’t use Stealth to skip past trash packs”. It only said what it said above, and I’m not quite sure where you got the idea that they’re removing stealth completely in PvE content. You drew to this conclusion here as well:

I play a lot of solo flashpoints and if the mob density is too high or too annoying, I'll go with a stealther.

If you forget to stealth before running into mob packs, that is simply on you. Not the game.

If there’s mobs with Stealth Detection (i.e. The new Mandalorian flashpoint), how is it any different than not being able to exit combat via stealth if there’s a possibility that you’ll be caught by another mob that can detect you in stealth?

Additionally, “to make them as melee unfriendly as possible” does not mean impossible. You are able to do these as melee, solo-able even with little sweat. You just choose to be complacent and take the easy route. Many players have been able to solo Master Mode Flashpoints as a melee class.

Also, if I wanted to attack your views I would rather do it directly rather than taking the time to write paragraphs of counter arguments which you view as rants. What I choose to write are simply logical thinking from my perspective and if you view it as an attack to your opinions, that’s your problem. I have neither intended nor have started to “attack” your opinions. Up until this post anyways.

But as far as I can tell, you’re only selectively reading what I have posted so far anyways.

Edited by xKurisaki

I completely agree with your sentiment. I don’t always have time to finish all my pvp or GSF weeklies. It’s nice to be able to progress through them at your own pace. This is especially true if I can’t play during prime time and pvp or gsf isn’t popping. You can compound this more if you are playing lowbie or mid bracket pvp. And can you imagine Ranked pvpers having it reset with 1 win remaining because you have WIN to progress your ranked weekly and some trolls or wintraders preventing it or killing the queue.

I really hope they rethink this refresh weeklies idea. I’m all for them making certain weeklies a “hero” weekly that gives more rewards. But I’m totally against them resetting weeklies you’re half way through and can’t complete in time due to lack of people in queues during your play time or because some wintrader or troll is ruining ranked pvp or gsf.

Completely agree

I can categorically say that if Bioware Implemented a win only requirement in GSF, we wouldn’t play it ever again. But because there is no win requirement, we feel able to participate and learn to get better while not wasting our time vs rewards and completing content.

THIS POINT is what I completely missed from my unranked PvP post because my brain failed. This is what matters bioware. Being able to practice in both unranked PvP without the "MUST WIN FOR IT TO MATTER" ruined it in my opinion. Even getting the minimum 8 medals was possible before but now you see matches end with the entire trounced team not even getting to 7 because they can't.

The fact that GSF dailies/weeklies can be completed without the win allows us the ability to learn without the pressure. I had a little bit of a clue before GSF was an objective for Galactic Seasons, however I dusted off my not-used-in-years ships and joined in. It took a while but now I find it so much fun (for the most part) win or lose and I also roped my rl friend into trying it & she's probably better at it then me now (the laughs we had over our cluelessness when we first started while playing GSF). No pressure to win but learning the objectives and taking part was key.

So, I repeat my request (demand? maybe): please allow participation loss games in unranked to count toward the daily/weekly again and while you're at it, increase the points for guarding objectives so people guarding can actually reach the 8 medal objective they will need for the next lot of Galactic Seasons - this the main reason people get fed up guarding in unranked. It's a thankless task..

And for the love all that is holy DO. NOT. CHANGE. GSF. DAILIES/WEEKLIES. TO. BE. WIN. ONLY.

This has been my TED talk.

So that's why they're changing the reset for Dailies and Weeklies, to screw over the solo players who have to use it and the now double points required Conquest, to get their gear. Why go from something like 6.0 where it was so easy to gear up and everyone could eventually reach the same level, to something overly complicated that doesn't help anyone. :(

Yep, I recently returned after a 2 year hiatus and had to gear up my 26 characters. I play solo, so each week I go to all 26 characters to get 50K conquest points, so I can get the tech frags to gear up. If they double the number of conquest points that will not be possible.

Limiting the weeklies from carry over also impact strategies to get Conquest points quickly, which will make it even harder to hit the Conquest points for each character. I guess we will see how it goes, but I am not a fan of this change and if it goes the way I suspect then I will just unsubscribe again.

I got to say, with the changes to gear and the requirements to finish the daily planet heroic mission to get the currency to upgrade gear, I'm absolutely hating the change.

Being forced to do long heroics that take 15 minutes to finish the daily instead of just being able to do it in two days absolutely sucks.

This game is really forcing people to play YOUR way instead of their way (that, and don't get me started on forcing players to do solo missions/pvp/gsf/vet flashpoints/ops for Galactic Seasons yet not award them any useful items to upgrade their gear while they do that).

All this just means that I'm going to have to retire some of my alts. It's sad.

I got to say, with the changes to gear and the requirements to finish the daily planet heroic mission to get the currency to upgrade gear, I'm absolutely hating the change.

Being forced to do long heroics that take 15 minutes to finish the daily instead of just being able to do it in two days absolutely sucks.

This game is really forcing people to play YOUR way instead of their way (that, and don't get me started on forcing players to do solo missions/pvp/gsf/vet flashpoints/ops for Galactic Seasons yet not award them any useful items to upgrade their gear while they do that).

All this just means that I'm going to have to retire some of my alts. It's sad.

That's what I used to do, some of the Heroics on certain planets are either far too long, rng based, or just outright annoying, so I'd always do the easier ones and finish the Daily the next day. This change will now make it impossible. Either I'll have to skip certain planets, or I'll be forced to play only my stealth characters (or worse, select a stealth combat class as my second choice on all characters just to circumvent it.)

I don't know what was wrong with tech fragments and how gearing in 6.0 was. It was super easy, could be done at your own pace and didn't lock you into one thing. In 5.0 I ended up spam running Heroics for months as it was the only way I could really gear as a solo player, making me absolutely hate Heroics/Weeklies and now it looks like I'll be stuck doing the exact same thing again.

Oh for the love of god! The only way for solo players to gear up is from completing conquests combined with completing weeklies. And to top it off the solo "track" is capped lower than the others. This is the fi**ng reason they are resetting weeklies every week and restricting which weeklies give rewards any particular week. Learning that killed any interest I had in the few good things 7.0 has to offer! I am steaming mad and trying so hard not to get banned right now. :mad: I can't express how angry the new direction this game has taken makes me.

Oh and they doubled the number of points it takes to get your personal conquest too! Gosh I really feel valued by Bioware! /s

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-will-gearing-work-in-swtor-7-0-pts-info/

Guess they want to lose players.

10.27.2021 , 02:18 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.

REPORT POST QUOTE

Hey folks,

I wanted to share some of the new features and changes coming in 7.0 that we haven’t talked about yet. There is a lot to share and the team is really excited to share them with you, some of these we have been eager to talk about for quite some time! Read on .

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

While you may think it is a good idea, it is not. Not everyone wants to do an area that is overcrowded. I pick and choose depending on my time, schedule and mood. There are times I do not want to have deal with some individuals who can become very rude when doing things. I can understand the heroics as most are easily done in one day, except for the ones you have yet to put into their own instances and for those I skip as it is not worth the hassle.

There is one daily/weekly that you have to do the 6 flashpoints (Odessa) and that is a lot of time not worth the effort to do all 6 in one day/week, especially to those of us that have more than 1 character. You seem to be back at punishing people that have alts. You move one step forward and then move 3 back.

You need to take into consideration what you are trying to do may not work and may give you less people playing. I know there are some that are already considering saying this is not worth the hassle and if is going to be a hassle then they are going elsewhere.

Guess they want to lose players.

I think that’s a forgone conclusion with the direction the game seems to be taking. Bioware must understand this is going to happen. We lose players every time they do an expansion because they seem to go out of their way to piss off a bunch of people.

But this time feels like they are really rolling the dice and taking as much risk as possible to reinvent the games mechanics. It seems the game will be short on content this expansion and I’m not even sure you can really call it expansion as far as content goes. The majority of the work seems to be focused on reinventing the wheel for old systems and content and not new playable content. That alone is going to lose them a bunch of players.

The risk to losing players with this expansion seems a lot higher than the past. The only logical reasons I can think of for them going all in is they either expect next year to be the last year of the game development or they are gambling on getting a different cohort of players to offset the loss of current players,

And the only way I see that happening is if they are planning this for Steam Deck compatibility and possibly an Xbox port later next year. All the changes to the systems and UI and culling of abilities fit this prognosis.

Sadly, if they are “only” aiming these changes at getting Steam deck players then I think it’s going to backfire because Steam won’t be selling as many of them as they think because of supply chain issues. And even if they do, they are still only marketing to the same cohort of Steam players as now.

So from a business perspective it makes more sense that they plan an Xbox port next year to get a brand new cohort of players. Which shouldn’t be that hard considering Xbox is basically a PC running on a cut down version of Windows 10.

Time will tell of course and all of that is supposition. If I’m wrong about them porting to Steam Deck and Xbox, then they really are taking a huge risk with this expansion and we’ll likely lose way more people than we’ll gain, just like the last few expansions.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just because they didn't change it before, doesn't mean it hasn't been an issue. It has been. Mutliple mechanics on multiple bossfights are compeltely circumvented by vanishing.

Nobody wants to destroy the class. Even without Vanish they are still a very powerful tank class. Only thing that'll change is they'll no longer be able to completely avoid certain mechanics completely that weren't meant to be circumvented.

No matter what you say, cheesing boss mechanics in ops has not been an issue, as nothing has been done for 10 years to "fix" it. If BW doesn't like people doing that, then they need to design ops where it can't be done instead of breaking a class. Besides, it's not just shadow and sin, it will break scoundrel and operative too. How exactly are they cheesing boss mechanics? Look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on hating sin/shadow tanks doing what they are supposed to do.

Also you are still only talking about ops. This will affect flashpoints too. There's a lot more flashpoints than ops, and you can't cheese anything in flashpoints because the boss will reset if you vanish. The game will be completely broken for people who like to solo fps, and that's just wrong. There is no reason to destroy an integral part of the game from pve players only. It needs to be destroyed from pvp too, or leave it as it is for everyone.

How is this not factual evidence? You’ve been PERSISTENT on treating PvP and PvE “equally” when it’s two different entities in it’s entirety.

They are not. They are exactly the same thing regarding abilities. Either vanish needs to go from pvp too, or it needs to be left as it is for everyone.

While you may think it is a good idea, it is not. Not everyone wants to do an area that is overcrowded. I pick and choose depending on my time, schedule and mood. There are times I do not want to have deal with some individuals who can become very rude when doing things. I can understand the heroics as most are easily done in one day, except for the ones you have yet to put into their own instances and for those I skip as it is not worth the hassle.

There is one daily/weekly that you have to do the 6 flashpoints (Odessa) and that is a lot of time not worth the effort to do all 6 in one day/week, especially to those of us that have more than 1 character. You seem to be back at punishing people that have alts. You move one step forward and then move 3 back.

You need to take into consideration what you are trying to do may not work and may give you less people playing. I know there are some that are already considering saying this is not worth the hassle and if is going to be a hassle then they are going elsewhere.

Lol yeah, star fortress weekly is a bad joke. Who wants to do the same flashpoint 6 times - and yes, it is the same flashpoint 6 times, even if the map is a bit different on each.

I wouldn't even do the normal veteran flashpoints weekly in one go because it takes 5 to complete and that's just too much. I may do 5 veteran flashpoints, but not on one character. That would be too boring and grindy. If the weekly resets will go live, there's no point even starting the weeklies anymore.

If they are changing the conquest personal goal to 100k, I'm done with conquest. This used to be a fun game, but it's turning into a mindless grindfest. They are trying really hard to get rid of the players for some reason. :(

No matter what you say, cheesing boss mechanics in ops has not been an issue, as nothing has been done for 10 years to "fix" it. If BW doesn't like people doing that, then they need to design ops where it can't be done instead of breaking a class. Besides, it's not just shadow and sin, it will break scoundrel and operative too. How exactly are they cheesing boss mechanics? Look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on hating sin/shadow tanks doing what they are supposed to do.

Just because something doesn't get fixed immediately, doesn't mean it is not an issue. Operatives still can stealth revive with Vanish, which is something Bioware also does not like it seems. It will also not "break" either of them. Assassins and Operatives will still be just fine. They'll lose the ability to stealth revive and reset their medpacs. Sins will no longer be able to break certain mechanics. That won't break them.

Also you are still only talking about ops. This will affect flashpoints too. There's a lot more flashpoints than ops, and you can't cheese anything in flashpoints because the boss will reset if you vanish. The game will be completely broken for people who like to solo fps, and that's just wrong. There is no reason to destroy an integral part of the game from pve players only. It needs to be destroyed from pvp too, or leave it as it is for everyone.

Why do you keep coming back to this silly "If I can't have it no one can"? Clearly you want to be able to Vanish out of combat in solo flashpoints. I don't disagree, I think Vanish can be left alone in flashpoints. So argue for that, not for making Vanish leave you in combat in PvP as well. And don't pretend that Vanish is not an issue in operations, it absolutely is and it has been for years.

This weekly reset is some serious BS unless you plan on lowering the amount of work it takes to complete some of them, like 5 veteran flashpoints, or 20 unranked wz matches, etc.

Also raising personal conquest to 100k? Are you kidding?

Punishing solo players yet again, I see. I barely have enough time to get 50k, and I'm only really running two, maybe three alts.

You realize these two points in particular are going to cram a bunch more people into already crowded heroic areas, which you still refuse to instance. It's ridiculous. Most of us simply will stop playing any of this content if the entire game becomes nothing more than literally doubling the already unbearable grind. Lowering the credits rewarded will further discourage players, as you know sellers on the GTN aren't likely to change their prices.

Just because something doesn't get fixed immediately, doesn't mean it is not an issue. Operatives still can stealth revive with Vanish, which is something Bioware also does not like it seems. It will also not "break" either of them. Assassins and Operatives will still be just fine. They'll lose the ability to stealth revive and reset their medpacs. Sins will no longer be able to break certain mechanics. That won't break them.

Why do you keep coming back to this silly "If I can't have it no one can"? Clearly you want to be able to Vanish out of combat in solo flashpoints. I don't disagree, I think Vanish can be left alone in flashpoints. So argue for that, not for making Vanish leave you in combat in PvP as well. And don't pretend that Vanish is not an issue in operations, it absolutely is and it has been for years.

It's not an issue, but someone made it an issue probably because of getting kicked from ops group when they refused to go sin tank, or something as ridicilous. And that salty kid then went to cry to a developer's ear, and because they don't play their own game, this is what happens.

Here is an example of an "issue" they did fix in Ravagers. If the droids were not going down on correct pace in burn, and Master died too soon, sin tanks used to stealth out the cast from Blaster to buy the group some more time. People were also doing /stuck if they couldn't stealth to stop the cast, because it was better to lose one person than to wipe the whole group. That was fixed within the operation: they changed the mechanics, so that those things are not working anymore. And that's what they should do with other ops too if they think it's an issue. Fix the mechanics, don't break the class. If they still want to break the class instead, they should break it in all game modes, not just in pve.

Only you and the rantboy are defending this BS, I wonder why.