Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

!!! Really looking forward to the weapons in the outfitter and the shared tagging!

Thank you guys for keeping us up to speed with the additions and changes coming in 7.0!

(small question, but will there be any additions/updates to companion customization coming as well? like allowing us to change arcann's gear and give senya her old look back?)

Quite a serious one?

Edited by corsacalin

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are fair points, especially the tax evasion one with people trading one on one to avoid the GTN tax. I’m all for BioWare putting a lower credit cap on the amount of credits that can be traded between players. Then adding a scaled GTN tax system that increases gradually based on the list price. They could even reduce the current 8% down to 4% for cheaper items and have a maximum 16% for items above 900 million.

Trixxie, supply and demand. If bioware put a cap on trades people will stop buy cc. So less money to bioware.

Same for the GTN. I don't considering a solution the control of trades and GTN transactions. If bioware try to force devaluation of the items, the players will start buying less cartel items. Bioware would suffer financialy for that.

In my opinion the Eric's change is a good one. Plenty of SWTOR's players have 50 toons from which they try to do 50 000 conquest points in order to get those solid pieces of matrix. This change is a good one.

Edited by corsacalin

Here is my idea for what I hope would be an effective credit-sink. There have been many cosmetics removed from the game over the years. As a credit-sink for crafters, there could be a vendor that would sell schematics for these retired gear sets or pieces. As a credit-sink for others, the gear pieces could be sold. Prices should be the same on both vendors. Perhaps these vendors could be some of Kai Zaiken's crew that have setup in the Cartel Bazaar.

I would love the Rakata, Tionese, and Columni back

I was willing to change that as guardian/jugg tanks won't be viable after 7.0

What are they screwing up now?

Edited by DurdensWrath

Hey folks,

Daily and Weekly Mission Reset

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

[

-eric

Dear Eric,

I know my feedback doesn't matter. You guys made the decision already. So, all I will say is:

Resetting my weeklies means the end of the line for me!

Almost all changes you have made public so far for 7.0 seem to be made against my personal way of playing this game. I apparently play it wrong.

Work and life often gets in the way of my gaming. I am very often stuck at weeklies with 8/10 or similar. If you reset those missions, you punish me massively for not being an unemployed kid being able to play 6 hours per day.

However, from where does your money come from? The unemployed kid or the adult with a job?

There is no reason whatsoever why you should force a weekly reset on players. How am I hurting this game by needing 10 days for a weekly?

I do the weeklies now, because I know I can continue if I'm not able to finish them by Tuesday. If you take that guarantee away, I guarantee you that in return I won't even start any weekly whatsoever.

Ever since Mr. Kanneg took over I feel like almost every single update was designed against me. Just send me a PM and tell me you want me to leave, Keith.

Dear Eric,

I know my feedback doesn't matter. You guys made the decision already. So, all I will say is:

Almost all changes you have made public so far for 7.0 seem to be made against my personal way of playing this game. I apparently play it wrong.

Work and life often gets in the way of my gaming. I am very often stuck at weeklies with 8/10 or similar. If you reset those missions, you punish me massively for not being an unemployed kid being able to play 6 hours per day.

However, from where does your money come from? The unemployed kid or the adult with a job?

There is no reason whatsoever why you should force a weekly reset on players. How am I hurting this game by needing 10 days for a weekly?

I do the weeklies now, because I know I can continue if I'm not able to finish them by Tuesday. If you take that guarantee away, I guarantee you that in return I won't even start any weekly whatsoever.

Ever since Mr. Kanneg took over I feel like almost every single update was designed against me. Just send me a PM and tell me you want me to leave, Keith.

I have an honest question for you and people that take several days to complete weeklies, is that all you (and everyone who follows this logic) do in this game? I personally don’t find the rewards very appealing so I stopped doing all of them.

Look, I get it. People have lives so I can understand the frustration, I have my own as well. But if all you do is the weeklies, what’s the point if you’re not even pursuing endgame content.

The weekly missions themselves don’t even require 6+ hours to complete (aside from PvP and maybe Iokath weeklies). 5 VM, 3 MM and a weekly per Operation, what else am I missing? Seasonal weekly events?

All of these can be completed in under 12 hours that’s simply just about two hours a day. You have a life but I honestly don’t buy into people not having time to do these missions in a timely manner. Sorry. I know a lot of people waste their time standing around in fleet or their guild flagship doing absolutely nothing then realize “oh **** I didn’t do my weekly I won’t have time to complete it when reset comes around”

The weekly missions themselves aren’t too difficult but rather a small time investment as is any game.

Also, Keith has been in charge for awhile now.

Combat Change - Vanish

Currently, Vanish allows players to circumvent intended game mechanics, especially ones that require a target. It also allows for players to revive out of combat, and change their ability/discipline in the middle of an encounter. Vanish abilities are being slightly redesigned to remove unintended use, specifically dropping from combat and reviving in specified situations.

For all Flashpoints and Operations, Vanish abilities will instantly drop all threat and allow players to enter stealth at max level, however, players will no longer exit combat. This restriction does not apply to the open world PvE/PvP or Warzones.

We understand the benefit of resurrecting more frequently in group content, so we are removing the Operation wide lockout timer from combat rezzing. As a balance measure, we've made it so only healing disciplines have access to combat revives. We'll be monitoring this and will adjust the cooldown as needed. -eric

All right so I have several issues with this that could be game breaking, especially for shadows:

1. Gear and discipline switching during boss fights has already been disabled in ops, flashpoints, and pvp and has been out of the game for a while. Does the new utility system break this somehow?

2. I really hope you guys have checked this interaction with deception/infiltration recklessness resets/ or plan on compensating the damage loss some how {FYI for those who don't know leaving combat for this spec resets recklessness cooldown increasing the frequency of use and there for damage}

3. What happens when it is the healer that dies (especially in flashpoints) or fights are to damage intense for healers to stop healing for the channel to rez (unless you plan on making it an instant cast) this forces healers into a position where they must be mechanically perfect (or close to) and/or force guards to healers and not as a threat mitigation for dps {From comments it seams I got the 6 second standard rez timer mixed in with the battle rez time (1.5 sec I believe is what is being said)}

4. This dangerously put shadows to a point of exclusion from progression raid groups as they will have absolutely no utility for the raid group . Every other class will have a major group utility ability (raid buff, off heals, rebounder/shield, heavy armor durability to off tank)

5. The ability to pull of the target switches that you are referring to a re a skill check for the only light armor tank in the game and is a major part of survivability in fights, is there planned changes elsewhere to keep shadow tanks viable {edit: upon re-evaluation I am now wounding which cheese this actually fixes with the exception of using medpacs in NIM ZORN & TOTH, so long as sin tanks can still drop all agro all of the cheeses are still in play and not removed as they rely on dropping agro not leaving combat, so unless I am missing something stealth rezes and Medpac resets are the only thing being removed for this change someone pls correct me if I have forgotten something}

Edited by HokieSivart
Correcting incorrect analysis

Trixxie, supply and demand. If bioware put a cap on trades people will stop buy cc. So less money to bioware.

Same for the GTN. I don't considering a solution the control of trades and GTN transactions. If bioware try to force devaluation of the items, the players will start buying less cartel items. Bioware would suffer financialy for that.

In my opinion the Eric's change is a good one. Plenty of SWTOR's players have 50 toons from which they try to do 50 000 conquest points in order to get those solid pieces of matrix. This change is a good one.

Where is you evidence that players would stop buying CM items to list on the GTN if BioWare “tweaked” the current systems already in place?

I think you’re forgetting that there was already a GTN tax increase a few years ago and that didn’t slow or stop anyone from buying off the CM to list.

There is already a credit trade limit based on how much an individual player can hold at one time.

I’m not suggesting they get rid of them, only tweak them so that best credit sink in the game can’t be circumvented on large trades.

Neither Swtor or Biowares income would suffer with the tweaks I’ve suggested. They aren’t really that radical or extreme, I’m not sure how you’ve concluded they would impact Biowares revenue stream.

Im also not a fan of the reset weekly function that Eric announced.

I wonder if we could get BioWare to consider giving people 4 weeks (a month) before they reset the weeklies that aren’t completed.

I’m also wondering if anyone from BioWare is reading the player responses in this thread and passing it onto the dev team. And wether they are still able to make changes to these systems.

It feels very much set in stone at this point and I can see us losing some more players from more unpopular changes.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Every time i read about 7.0 changes i get more disapointed. I won't even be able to farm alone in master modes with my stealth character anymore due to these changes with the vanish stuff.

Today it's impossible to go to Master Mode FP being a DPS it takes like 3hours to be called to a group. This game is dying by the day. That's it. I'll just stop wasting my time, complete my story class and quit it.

Hey folks,

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset. Currently, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions sit in that character’s logs until the Mission is completed. Once the Mission is completed, that character can no longer pick up the Weekly again for that week (or daily for that day).

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Alongside this change we will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements, including auto-completing Missions where we are able to when characters are on the turn-in step.

-eric

is it safe to assume that this will apply to PVP weekly? since the PVP weekly only progresses on wins and I may not get to play every night I occasionally do not finish a weekly in a week. so now I lose my progress?

if this change applies to the PVP weekly then progress should go back to games played, with wins counting as 2.

is it safe to assume that this will apply to PVP weekly? since the PVP weekly only progresses on wins and I may not get to play every night I occasionally do not finish a weekly in a week. so now I lose my progress?

if this change applies to the PVP weekly then progress should go back to games played, with wins counting as 2.

Agreed!

I have an honest question for you and people that take several days to complete weeklies, is that all you (and everyone who follows this logic) do in this game? I personally don’t find the rewards very appealing so I stopped doing all of them.

Look, I get it. People have lives so I can understand the frustration, I have my own as well. But if all you do is the weeklies, what’s the point if you’re not even pursuing endgame content.

The weekly missions themselves don’t even require 6+ hours to complete (aside from PvP and maybe Iokath weeklies). 5 VM, 3 MM and a weekly per Operation, what else am I missing? Seasonal weekly events?

All of these can be completed in under 12 hours that’s simply just about two hours a day. You have a life but I honestly don’t buy into people not having time to do these missions in a timely manner. Sorry. I know a lot of people waste their time standing around in fleet or their guild flagship doing absolutely nothing then realize “oh **** I didn’t do my weekly I won’t have time to complete it when reset comes around”

The weekly missions themselves aren’t too difficult but rather a small time investment as is any game.

We all play for different reasons and for different amounts of time. (What does end game have to do with any of it?) That is great that you enjoy doing nothing but one weekly until it's done, but quite a few of us don't. There are many, many reasons to not finish a weekly in one week, if you take the time to read through the whole thread you find a lot of players explaining why this hurts their playstyle.

For me, some weeks I only play for a few hours total, others I might play for 20+. I like to putter around doing a variety of things on a variety of characters. During any given week, I might play 20 different characters. Do some story missions, a couple of heroics, work on filling in gaps in my armor collection, make new outfits, decorate a bit, and once in a blue moon do some pvp or a flashpoint. Weeklies get finished in dribs and drabs. For 6+ years, this was fine. Now suddenly every player who likes to do multiple activities on multiple characters, or only play a few hours a week will loose out on the weekly rewards. They might not be much, but they aren't nothing. So why take this little bit of extra incentive away from us after all this time?

It doesn't matter that most weeklies only take 1-10 hours to complete. What matters is that for years and years we were able to complete these weeklies at our leisure, and now we can't. This is a punishment for not playing in the new Bioware preferred way, and when people feel like they are being singled out and punished for no good reason, they tend to get mad and quit.

Heh. Can't help but laugh at how they're all "play your way" then do the exact opposite and dictate how the players should play their game. I don't know if you consider the feedbacks from us players, but here's a suggestion from me:

Cancel the weekly updates.

-eric

Sorry, but another change NO ONE ASKED FOR and NO ONE WANTS FOR GOOD REASONS (who has really considered the repercussions!) etc.; cf. previous threads.

Furthermore, due to the conquest objectives of the actual week (e.g. Iokath weekly this week) and during a Galactic Season, the areas relating to the respective obejctives are usually already more populated than others. Essentially forcing player even more players will only make the problems arising from the ridicously long respawn timer more severe.

Although mission objectives, especially NPC to be killed, may be "shared" by several players, this wil by far not compensate for the ridicously high respawn timers and the considerably low number of NPCs available in relation to the mission objective in case you limit the availability of content to be done each week and, thus, concentrate the players in certain areas.

For example, Taris Republic Heroic "Mutations" (kill 5 specific mobs, only 6 are available, respawn timer about 4.5 min). Likewise, the consoles and bonus objectives in the Taris Imperial Heroic "Blackout" (whereof each has to be klicked in order to finish the quest). The respawn timer is the problem, because killing the mobs/klicking the objectives takes only some seconds. Limiting the content will result in these problems to become more severe.

In addition, players who want to complete the weekly, e.g., for reputation, achievements, additional reward (currently Onderon Weekly, I expect a new daily area with additional reward in 7.0), because they like it, etc., will complete the weekly anyway during a given week. So the intended change does not increase their QoL, because their quest log does not get clogged. Other players, like me or several ones of the previous posts, simply log into a character, do the next conquest objectives on the list and log out after hitting 50k conquest points. Often, the 50k conquest points are hit prior to completing the weekly so it remains incompleted in the log. It can easily be abandoned in case the log get's clogged. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM? How is QoL improved by taking away progress players have made?

You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Would it be too difficult to let players complete a weekly they have started in one week (wherein it was "in the rotation") in another week (wherein it is not in the rotation) at a reduced reward instead of just killing these started weeklies on Tuesday?

Hence, removing uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions is no improvement whatsoever! Just a means to annoy players.

Also, Keith has been in charge for awhile now.

For me, oftentimes, it's a waste of Conquest points I could be getting on other toons. I'm sure my doing part of a weekly one week and the rest the next week on a toon isn't hurting you any. The amounts some weeklies give just leave me looking at them and thinking 'these points could have capped x more toons besides this one for more encryptions for my guild' as it is. No need to make it any worse by stacking more points on a toon in a given week.

All right so I have several issues with this that could be game breaking, especially for shadows:

2. I really hope you guys have checked this interaction with deception/infiltration recklessness resets/ or plan on compensating the damage loss some how

3. What happens when it is the healer that dies (especially in flashpoints) or fights are to damage intense for healers to stop healing for the channel to rez (unless you plan on making it an instant cast) this forces healers into a position where they must be mechanically perfect (or close to) and/or force guards to healers and not as a threat mitigation for dps

4. This dangerously put shadows to a point of exclusion from progression raid groups as they will have absolutely no utility for the raid group . Every other class will have a major group utility ability (raid buff, off heals, rebounder/shield, heavy armor durability to off tank)

5. The ability to pull of the target switches that you are referring to a re a skill check for the only light armor tank in the game and is a major part of survivability in fights, is there planned changes elsewhere to keep shadow tanks viable

Just gonna address these points

2. How will the Vanish change affect DPS? (Sorry I totally misread what was posted). My question still stands.

3. I’m just gonna say get good to the healers. Why? If a Healer dies, it’s more than likely it’s their fault. Either they weren’t paying attention to insta kill mechanics or didn’t pop a dcd to help mitigate a big hitting mechanic and didn’t top themselves off fast enough. Taking 1.5s? to revive someone is not a long time and that 1.5s should not determine a wipe or force healers to be in a situation where they have to be positioned “properly” to pull a rez.

4. I honestly beg to differ. If you’re planning out a raid composition based on utilities and not how adept someone is at their class or the raids in SWTOR in general, you are making a mistake. The content has always been doable outside of meta. More time consuming and “harder” sure but it’s not really different from any other MMOs.

5. I’m fairly certain that even with the dcd pruning, Sin Tanks will stay viable.

I’m not sure as to what extent light/heavy armours affect survivability. But even then, that shouldn’t determine your ability to clear content.

Endgame content is meant to be challenging. People need to be hitting the dps/heal checks (moreso relevant now since I hear they’re scaling legacy nims to 80). People can’t afford to make big mistakes mechanically.

The only thing I’m more concerned about outside of this, that no one has even given a thought based on what I’ve read is how well can BioWare scale older content to current level. Especially when there haven’t been a proper testing ground in the PTS from what I can tell.

Edited by xKurisaki

5. The ability to pull of the target switches that you are referring to a re a skill check for the only light armor tank in the game and is a major part of survivability in fights, is there planned changes elsewhere to keep shadow tanks viable

4. Not at all. Assassin dps will still have taunt. Coupled with deflection and shroud they can still off tank, or grab an add on certain fights. Vanish no longer dropping you from combat does not really change that at all. Plus you still can use Vanish to instantly drop all threath if you need to after tanking for a few seconds.

5. Assassins still have amazing defensive cooldown. They do have slightly less Kinetic/Energy DR. But this is largely made up for because of them having the highest internal/elemental DR. Plus Shroud being absolutely amazing to tank big hits, since most of them are Force/Tech. Shadow tanks will definitely remain viable, quite possible still the best tank for endgame PvE even (which they unquestionably are right now).

We all play for different reasons and for different amounts of time. (What does end game have to do with any of it?) That is great that you enjoy doing nothing but one weekly until it's done, but quite a few of us don't. There are many, many reasons to not finish a weekly in one week, if you take the time to read through the whole thread you find a lot of players explaining why this hurts their playstyle.

For me, some weeks I only play for a few hours total, others I might play for 20+. I like to putter around doing a variety of things on a variety of characters. During any given week, I might play 20 different characters. Do some story missions, a couple of heroics, work on filling in gaps in my armor collection, make new outfits, decorate a bit, and once in a blue moon do some pvp or a flashpoint. Weeklies get finished in dribs and drabs. For 6+ years, this was fine. Now suddenly every player who likes to do multiple activities on multiple characters, or only play a few hours a week will loose out on the weekly rewards. They might not be much, but they aren't nothing. So why take this little bit of extra incentive away from us after all this time?

It doesn't matter that most weeklies only take 1-10 hours to complete. What matters is that for years and years we were able to complete these weeklies at our leisure, and now we can't. This is a punishment for not playing in the new Bioware preferred way, and when people feel like they are being singled out and punished for no good reason, they tend to get mad and quit.

Okay fair point. I only brought up endgame because that’s typically my goal in MMOs.

Let me ask this then, and I by no means am being toxic as it’s a curiosity.

Are you not doing yourself a disservice by taking a much longer time to complete the weeklies in that one week?

If, and this is a hypothetical application to you since I don’t know you, but if your goal is to maximize weekly rewards per week, wouldn’t it make more sense to finish them in that time frame?

But if your goal is to just play casually and do what you can however you like, I still think that you’re able to achieve both. Obviously it’ll be much more difficult to do that on multiple characters now but for RP purposes lets say, you want to play as a Merc and then want to play Sniper, you’re able to change classes from Combat Styles.

For me, oftentimes, it's a waste of Conquest points I could be getting on other toons. I'm sure my doing part of a weekly one week and the rest the next week on a toon isn't hurting you any. The amounts some weeklies give just leave me looking at them and thinking 'these points could have capped x more toons besides this one for more encryptions for my guild' as it is. No need to make it any worse by stacking more points on a toon in a given week.

I don’t follow. Aren’t the weeklies in conquest Legacy locked; once you complete them on one character, you can’t complete it on another?

Or are you referring to the base amount of conquest given from the missions themselves and not the conquest missions?

Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with.

This sentence tells me a very specific fact.

You didn't run World PvP on Ilum during the Launch Era. If you HAD, you would understand why funneling all of your players into a single area is a colossally terrible idea in the Hero Engine.

Nevermind the quest objectives getting sniped, nevermind loot, nevermind resource harvesting: you're not going to be able to get there in the first place, because either the servers will constantly be crashing from trying to handle over 200 players in a single space (imagine 50+ people trying to hit Valen Korik on Dromund Kaas at the same time), or your framerate's going down to about three frames per minute, due to all of the players and their location and ability information being sent back and forth between their PC, the server, and your PC, and then back again.

Having the Weeklies reset before you can finish them is definitely bad; I had to stop PvPing once you changed the PvP Weeklies so only wins count, instead of just Matches Played (Wins Count x2). This, on the other hand, could be even worse, purely on a technical level.

Why are you so hellbent on nerfing the only characteristic stealthers have in PvP?

Next time you respond to my posts, maybe you should read the whole post first. I already replied to that in both of my posts. If you didn't get it from either of those posts, repeating it won't make any difference.

That's a strange way of writing "dreaded". Seriously. it's pretty much the worst way possible of making "outfit-like weapons", since it ties together (in an unbreakable fashion) the appearance of the outfit (er, you know, clothes) and the appearance of the weapon, and I'm far from the only one who dislikes them being tied together like that.

For me, developing weapons-in-outfits was time wasted, since I won't be using the feature, so they could have used that time better doing almost anything else for the game.

Lol, okay, I get your point, and it was a nice way to put it. :D

The only time I've needed (okay, wanted) weapon outfit changes is when I've bought a fancy saber and realised I can't use it because the mods are shared with several clone characters. So I have a lot of fancy sabers sitting in my inventory, while I keep sending the legacy bound weapons to my alts. I'm too lazy to move the mods to the fancy one, and I also don't want to pay for pulling the mods out of the shell everytime I swap characters.

If I'd get to choose where I'd put the resources for developing the game, weapons in outfit designer would be at the very end of my list. There are more important issues to deal with, such as fixing ancient bugs, maybe add some new content, rescaling all content to the current level. Weapon designer is a vanity thing for me: it's nice to have but not important. I was really just trying to find at least one positive thing from the changes Eric posted... :p

It is exactly the same thing. Vanish needs to be removed from all game modes or not remove it at all. There is no reason to give pvp players special treatment.

There absolutely is a reason. Vanish breaks operations, it does not break pvp (or open world pve). Therefore not having it remove you from combat in operations is a perfectly fine nerf. Just like how you can use Bloodthirst in operations, but not in arenas. Because Bloodthirst is too strong for arenas, but not for operations.