Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

The game has now become a shell of what it was. I can’t see it lasting till next year unless BioWare make some dramatic changes and march back some of the 7.0 systems and direction.

Agreed. Its now "play the way WE WANT". And they are just milking us every step of the way. The amount of pvp stuff in conquest and the downgrade of heroics etc. is beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually missed the little diddy about weapons outfitter not being implemented. I wasn't a big fan of 7.0 on paper, but thought I'd keep an open mind and see how it was on live...now one of the things that made non-moddable gear bearable isn't even going to be available until 7.1 at the earliest? thats a bummer. I try not to be too critical because I know stuff happens...but they announce something coming in two months, push it back two months, then delay it until an unknown date? Was this just something on their wall of crazy without an idea on how they'd actually implement it? If 4 months was not enough time to make this change, why announce it at all? I'm just curious if they're bad at scheduling? bad at implementing? or just prioritized things they wanted w/o thinking how players would take it? I feel like a lot of people are going to caught off guard by this and will either have to choose between not upgrading to better gear, or using generic weapons.

I'm royally PO'ed that weapons werent added to the outfitter. Most players spend a LOT of cash on weapons that we like, maybe they got a sweet sound, effect or are just plain beautiful, and now its wasted until BioWare eventually gets around to it? They couldn't be bothered to just add regular mods for our gear? You know like 100% of the playerbase has been using since this game launched? How hard would that of been? No instead we're stuck using some ugly garbage green random drop for months on end until BioWare gets done counting their $ and actually does something

Just a question.

in LEGACY window.

all are in blue complete and incomplete.

I truly HOPE it is a BUG and NOT intended

with orange and green, we knew way to fast what we need to do and what we already done.

PLUS we found the changes in category or the new achievements in an old completed category.

Now we need to seek carefully EVERY EACH ONE OF THEM so to be SURE that you DID NOT add anything new.

Edited by Kissakias

Very disappointed by the remove of every flashpoints, operations, heroics and dailies into the weekly mission terminal. Feel like a game poor in end game content now. Sincerely hope a roll back about this point. Am not fun with the PLAY THE WAY BIOWARE//EA WANT or divide sub by 2 as the 7.0 is a cheap game update. Edited by Syal
add content

Just a question.

in LEGACY window.

all are in blue complete and incomplete.

I truly HOPE it is a BUG and NOT intended

with orange and green, we knew way to fast what we need to do and what we already done.

PLUS we found the changes in category or the new achievements in an old completed category.

Now we need to seek carefully EVERY EACH ONE OF THEM so to be SURE that you DID NOT add anything new.

Amen brother - I am dropping this game if there are no real changes soon

Very disappointed by the remove of every flashpoints, operations, heroics and dailies into the weekly mission terminal. Feel like a game poor in end game content now. Sincerely hope a roll back about this point. Am not fun with the PLAY THE WAY BIOWARE//EA WANT or divide sub by 2 as the 7.0 is a cheap game update.

Yep - like I said in the other post, it used to be fun. If they don't change this "do as we tell you" attitude, then do it without me.

I have played SWOR since early release. I actually have 3 active accounts and play one 3 systems, sometime simutaneously..

For 9+ years I played with a reliable system of storing items in my inventory.

Now, with one 'foul' swoop you have destroyed my perfect system and thrown my life into disarray.

Having to level up my gear from 306 upwards on 16 plus characters I can handle, I'm used to that with all the gear changes over the years.

BUT WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE THINK EIGHT COLUMNS IS BETTER THAT TEN?

Please reset the inventory to normality!

Edited by lingburger

Personal conquest is too much long. Bring back to 50k. Spending 2h running after H2/ZL did thousen time isn't fun at all !!! The time and effort spending is too high compare the personal and guild reward. Personal conquest need downgrade adjustment. Edited by Syal

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

First, we’re making some changes to how Daily and Weekly Missions reset.

I see that.

It looks like you've decided to make the Bonus Series unavailable to casual players & high-alt-count players. The entire series has to be completed in one week, or you lose the tracking mission (and its rewards).

Speaking of tracking...

It's now much harder for casual players to play Heroic Missions as part of a character's Storyline. If you pick up one or more Heroics as part of a set of missions, you have to do those Heroics that same day or the missions disappear from your mission list. Completing an entire node of missions often involves a larger time cost on one character than many players are ready to pay at one time. Since the Heroics disappear from your mission list, it's much harder to keep track of which Heroics you have already done & which ones you have not.

Have to say I am not a fan of the changes. I am sure other people have said it

1) Content is now way harder - suspect this is the companion capping. Not saying that it wasn't too easy before but the difficulty change wouldn't be so bad if the area design and way of getting gear wasn't so stacked. Any zone with a gold and 2 silvers is not almost impossible and sometimes you can't help but tag another group. But could also be down to class changes the classes just seem weaker.

2) As people have said its insane to have to do all the daily's in one sitting. Not everyone has a long period to play every day. So its like 30 mins to play - oh well no point as I will lose progress.

3) I liked the story but it was just too short. Can't really be an expansion when its over before its even started

4) I would have traded all of this for some new species which would have had me going through the base game again on an alt.

Regarding the inflation thing: it's simple. Introduce a maximum price for everything.

In economics, this kind of policy is known as a price ceiling.

Price ceilings produce shortages because they discourage production & sales while encouraging overconsumption. Over & over, we've seen these policies produce the exact same results in city after city & country after country.

Please, no. These policies are stupid & destructive in real life. We don't need to import that kind of stupidity into SWTOR.

Price ceilings produce shortages because they discourage production & sales while encouraging overconsumption. Over & over, we've seen these policies produce the exact same results in city after city & country after country.

Please, no. These policies are stupid & destructive in real life. We don't need to import that kind of stupidity into SWTOR.

REAL world economics that are driven by production of real products and services that must be consumed and produced by community members is not the same as a virtual economy being derailed by beyond obscenely rich market manipulators controlling a market on non-essential, luxury items.

If you cap prices in SWTOR the items you are "stifling" from the "traders" (read as fraudsters and gougers) in the community are still available through "honest" grind (random drops, trickling credit accumulation and CM purchases). At worst you drive people to buying CM content from CM only, at best you restore reasonable transaction values between community members and people make do with being millionaires rather than capped billionaires and perhaps the a-holes who have been ruining the in-game financials will f off to another game to p on.

QFT and QFE.

Even worse, a GTN price ceiling just encourages people to do more direct trades that will not only allow for continued inflation but will also circumvent the GTN tax that helps to reduce the number of credits in circulation.

Edited by Exly