Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

I do agree with your sentiment toward both Charles and Jackie. I have sent several PM's to Jackie and they have never been ignored. IMO she's a real gem !!

QFE ^ , everyday i wonder how much more amazing this game (and community) could've been if BioWare had more people out front like Charles and especially like JackieKo . If only. :cool:

... IMO there's still a big piece to this puzzle that we're not getting.

Yep, and my guess has always been THIS: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998375

But i guess we'll find out soon enough. :sy_galaxy:

Edited by Nee-Elder

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm slow to read the forums these days, but a big thumbs up to BW for these changes, Been wanting to be able to glam my weapons, well.... forever, as sometimes its a hassle to swap out mods all the time (and expensive). Rather like the new tagging changes as well, as sometimes I enjoy just wandering around helping out players in the open world or as I like to call it "Drive by healing" or randomly grabbing aggro for some things other people so they can focus on DPS while I soak the damage intended for them (Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment), being rewarded for these acts will now make my hobby, well, more rewarding. :)

From where I sit (not that anything relevant to me will be relevant to anyone else)....

Changes I really don't care about at all:

• Combat styles/loadouts - I don't give two hoots about this and won't be changing anything
  • Weapon outfitter thingy
  • Economic adjustments (when you're poor, you just deal lol) - I've only just got the 'Wealthy' title so not really interested in this aspect

Changes I care about a bit:

• Conquest changes - weeklies and dailies being reduced doesn't really affect me, as I don't follow that path anyway, but concerned for others. They shouldn't have their choices reduced.
  • Some of the gearing decisions - I'm used to raiders having BiS and have been reconciled to the idea that I will never get it for years now, so absolutely not worried about that at all

Changes I care about a LOT:

• Removal of DCDs
  • Ability pruning - I am very worried about this
  • Conquest being nerfed into oblivion - I like being able to get decent gear for a variety of characters at different stages of their stories
  • Lack of new content, particularly story missions, in the new expansion (don't know for sure, but not hopeful)
  • Removal of mods from 'normal' gear
  • Inability to gear my characters to the best that I can within my limitations (story only, no PVP, no OPs, no FPs)
  • Restrictions on how I upgrade my gear
  • Removal of Renown

You may ask why does it matter to me that upgrading my gear is an issue if I'm not a NiM raider? Because I do NOT want to spend half an hour taking down 1 x silver trash mob. I have a full-time job and a life, and I don't want to waste my free time. I play this game for fun, for pure escapism, and to be part of the Star Wars story. I will not be railroaded into play styles that I dislike or have no interest in, so am pretty annoyed that not only is the Conquest limit being doubled, but points to attain that goal are being slashed by two-thirds - it will take 3 times longer for me to get anywhere and it's likely that I will never finish Conquest again with this change.

So I will wait and see, but it's looking like a lot of the actual fun is being sucked right out of this game. If I find this is the case after 7.0 drops, I will be looking for a new home in a new game.

[*]Conquest changes - weeklies and dailies being reduced doesn't really affect me, as I don't follow that path anyway, but concerned for others. They shouldn't have their choices reduced.

You're going to care, as weeklies and dailies will be your ONLY way of getting gear fragments apart from the Conquest reward.

That's it. NOTHING else will reward you anything but credits.

You're going to care, as weeklies and dailies will be your ONLY way of getting gear fragments apart from the Conquest reward.

Well FPs and Operations seem to drop them as well according to their blog and not just the weekly ones. And I imagine crafting up to a certain point will as well. And although I'm personally not going to be able to get BiS gear anymore because of health reasons, I do appreciate that they're going to reward beating harder challenges again. For the content I will play (if I'm going to stick around that is) I don't need BiS gear so I'll go for whatever is max for the content I'll be playing. I have no issue with that.

Also the fact that they're removing amplifiers is a big deal to me and the fact that they're removing a lot of the RNG altogether is a good thing to me.

That's it. NOTHING else will reward you anything but credits.

That's not true. From their blog on itemization:

Flashpoints will continue to drop crafting materials and vanity rewards, as they do today. In addition to these, Flashpoints will also drop upgrade currency or gear that can be disassembled into upgrade currency. Players can trade the following to upgrade gear: Flashpoint upgrade currency, daily/heroic currency, conquest currency, credits, and a piece of gear they choose to be upgraded.

So there will be various currencies, not just credits.

I suggest you read this blog with great care https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211102

Well FPs and Operations seem to drop them as well according to their blog and not just the weekly ones. And I imagine crafting up to a certain point will as well. And although I'm personally not going to be able to get BiS gear anymore because of health reasons, I do appreciate that they're going to reward beating harder challenges again. For the content I will play (if I'm going to stick around that is) I don't need BiS gear so I'll go for whatever is max for the content I'll be playing. I have no issue with that.

Also the fact that they're removing amplifiers is a big deal to me and the fact that they're removing a lot of the RNG altogether is a good thing to me.

That's not true. From their blog on itemization:

Flashpoints will continue to drop crafting materials and vanity rewards, as they do today. In addition to these, Flashpoints will also drop upgrade currency or gear that can be disassembled into upgrade currency. Players can trade the following to upgrade gear: Flashpoint upgrade currency, daily/heroic currency, conquest currency, credits, and a piece of gear they choose to be upgraded.

So there will be various currencies, not just credits.

I suggest you read this blog with great care https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211102

I meant for soloers, which is clearly what the poster is.

Edited by Pricia

Shared Tagging

Another big improvement supporting the new weekly content rotation is Shared Tagging.

When we refer to ‘tagging’, we’re talking about who gets credit for defeating an NPC (Mission credit and ability to loot primarily). Currently, the default tagging behavior is tied to whether or not the player is in a group or not. So if you are grouped with other players, and someone in that group does damage to an NPC, credit is shared for the entire group.

For 7.0, we are changing this default behavior to be tied to the faction instead. So if a player is attacking an NPC, and another player of the same faction helps kill the NPC whether grouped up or not, both players will share Mission credit and loot on that NPC.

In some cases, we will allow credit to be shared with any player regardless of faction. The first content that will take advantage of this ‘open tagging’ will be World Bosses.

Hi, does this also grant the achievements and special loot to people outside the group? Are you including Battlemasters and named Commanders?

My guild kills Dreadtooth 10 stacks and Ancient Threat on a monthly basis. With the new system will someone random be able to come along throw one hit at the boss and possibly walk off with the special boss achievements and loot? They are both counted as openworld bosses.

P.S. while you're changing openworld loot rules, please change the player loot on Iokath so it can be area looted. Currently you have to loot one player body at a time which is killing the server events there. This video shows the problem. It's from when we ran the Iokath PvP server event on Iokath shortly after it was first added. You can see how smooth things are for the first 1.5 minutes and then as people die and the loot trails appear it grinds to a halt:

We've run the Iokath PvP event several times so we've tried a few things to counter the problem. Our large scale server events do cause performance problems for people on the other planets but Iokath is noticeably worse. So much so that we leave it until the end of our event series now so it doesn't put people off from joining later ones!

It doesn't matter if we keep 6 ops groups on one instance or send Imp+Rep ops group pairs to other instances. As soon as there are 50+ corpse loot trails the game grinds to to a super slow slideshow. Often we see people crashing out of the game.

Fix the "new" inventory. Until that happens, I've lost interest in anything else including any hinted at future Arcann/Rivix content :eek:. Yep, the inventory in the PTS is that bad. It overshadows everything else coming to the game, good or bad.

I may go on about the inventory until there's real dev feedback OR an update to the PTS that adds a "none" option (sorry any forumites who are bored of it, but my virtual pitchfork and torch are still going).

Edited by Sarova

Fix the "new" inventory. Until that happens, I've lost interest in anything else including any hinted at future Arcann/Rivix content :eek:. Yep, the inventory in the PTS is that bad. It overshadows everything else coming to the game, good or bad.

I may go on about the inventory until there's real dev feedback OR an update to the PTS that adds a "none" option (sorry any forumites who are bored of it, but my virtual pitchfork and torch are still going).

It’s a confirmed bug.

From where I sit (not that anything relevant to me will be relevant to anyone else)....

Changes I really don't care about at all:

• Combat styles/loadouts - I don't give two hoots about this and won't be changing anything
  • Weapon outfitter thingy
  • Economic adjustments (when you're poor, you just deal lol) - I've only just got the 'Wealthy' title so not really interested in this aspect

• Conquest changes - weeklies and dailies being reduced doesn't really affect me, as I don't follow that path anyway, but concerned for others. They shouldn't have their choices reduced.
  • Some of the gearing decisions - I'm used to raiders having BiS and have been reconciled to the idea that I will never get it for years now, so absolutely not worried about that at all

Changes I care about a LOT:

• Removal of DCDs
  • Ability pruning - I am very worried about this
  • Conquest being nerfed into oblivion - I like being able to get decent gear for a variety of characters at different stages of their stories
  • Lack of new content, particularly story missions, in the new expansion (don't know for sure, but not hopeful)
  • Removal of mods from 'normal' gear
  • Inability to gear my characters to the best that I can within my limitations (story only, no PVP, no OPs, no FPs)
  • Restrictions on how I upgrade my gear
  • Removal of Renown

You may ask why does it matter to me that upgrading my gear is an issue if I'm not a NiM raider? Because I do NOT want to spend half an hour taking down 1 x silver trash mob. I have a full-time job and a life, and I don't want to waste my free time. I play this game for fun, for pure escapism, and to be part of the Star Wars story. I will not be railroaded into play styles that I dislike or have no interest in, so am pretty annoyed that not only is the Conquest limit being doubled, but points to attain that goal are being slashed by two-thirds - it will take 3 times longer for me to get anywhere and it's likely that I will never finish Conquest again with this change.

So I will wait and see, but it's looking like a lot of the actual fun is being sucked right out of this game. If I find this is the case after 7.0 drops, I will be looking for a new home in a new game.

Well said !

Agreed !!!

+ 10

Speaking of Mods, what will happen to our current equipment? I mean, on my Sith Ravager and Sith Assassin I have "Cartel market" armors and weapons and has given an adaptive armor to my favoriter partner for each class, since modifications will be a thing of the past ("thanks" Bioware...), will all my stuff be forcibly removed and taken to my inventory/safe? Or will the game give me a complete equipment which is equivalent in terms of overall strength and just put my Cartel armors/weapons in the "character decorations" thing I heard about?

Speaking of Mods, what will happen to our current equipment? I mean, on my Sith Ravager and Sith Assassin I have "Cartel market" armors and weapons and has given an adaptive armor to my favoriter partner for each class, since modifications will be a thing of the past ("thanks" Bioware...), will all my stuff be forcibly removed and taken to my inventory/safe? Or will the game give me a complete equipment which is equivalent in terms of overall strength and just put my Cartel armors/weapons in the "character decorations" thing I heard about?

Not sure what you mean. The absence of moddable gear for any path at launch =/= removal of adaptive armor from the game. For your characters: there's outfit designer, which will include weapon-stamping in 7.0.

For the partners (I assume you're talking about companions?), they haven't gotten any benefit from statted gear for some time now. I don't think their outfits are in jeopardy.

I have moddable armors & weapons on my characters (Gold/Platinum) and Bioware wants to remove modifications and adaptive armors from SWTOR, what will happen to them? Will the game give me the equivalent of what I currently have in normal armors/weapons when the 7.0 update is released? Will I be forced to re-buy armors/weapons/accessories to be able to continue to play?

I have moddable armors & weapons on my characters (Gold/Platinum) and Bioware wants to remove modifications and adaptive armors from SWTOR, what will happen to them? Will the game give me the equivalent of what I currently have in normal armors/weapons when the 7.0 update is released? Will I be forced to re-buy armors/weapons/accessories to be able to continue to play?

Bioware is not removing mods and adaptive armor from the game, they are simply not part of the next expansion's gearing path at-launch. The gear you are currently wearing will not disappear, but you will replace it with the new expansion's gear as you play. You will need to set up outfits with your cartel gear to retain the appearance of what you are currently wearing.

And what will happen to the armor sets inside the "Alliance Locked Crates" we get when we finish Heroics missions and unlock on Odessen?

I had to get and open HUNDRED of crates to get "Dreadguard" sets for the 8 character classes. I feel the 7.0 update is making all of these efforts and grinding worthless...

Edited by Talon_Sora

And what will happen to the armor sets inside the "Alliance Locked Crates" we get when we finish Heroics missions and unlock on Odessen?

I had to get and open HUNDRED of crates to get "Dreadguard" sets for the 8 character classes. I feel the 7.0 update is making all of these efforts and grinding worthless...

As said above, if you’re worried about cosmetics, nothing (as far as we know) is affected by the changes in 7.0.

7.0 introduces a different gearing path— what this means is that you have to “grind” out a whole new different set of gear for the 7.0 expansion; typical for any MMOs. I’m not sure where you got the idea that they’ll be essentially removing moddable/adaptive gear however, it does not affect cosmetics in any way nor will BioWare delete items owned by players especially when Cartel Market items are involved, at least without notice.

Edited by xKurisaki

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Wanted to clarify a few things the team has seen pop up in this thread:

• Converting the turn-in steps to Autocomplete on Daily and Weekly missions is only being done when the turn-in step is a 'Return to Dropbox' type of step. It will not be done to any turn-ins with a cinematic or otherwise.
  • In some cases it makes more sense to keep tagging rules to the old system where only a group shares credit and looting. Encounters such as Dreadtooth and Ancient Threat will continue to use group tagging rules.
  • The auto-sorting of the inventory on PTS is a known bug, and not the desired behavior. You should expect inventory to work as it does in the Live game today upon 7.0's release. We will update the Known Issues thread in the PTS forum to reflect this

Jackie

In some cases it makes more sense to keep tagging rules to the old system where only a group shares credit and looting. Encounters such as Dreadtooth and Ancient Threat will continue to use group tagging rules.

Thank you for clarification :)

Hi everyone,

Wanted to clarify a few things the team has seen pop up in this thread:

• Converting the turn-in steps to Autocomplete on Daily and Weekly missions is only being done when the turn-in step is a 'Return to Dropbox' type of step. It will not be done to any turn-ins with a cinematic or otherwise.
  • In some cases it makes more sense to keep tagging rules to the old system where only a group shares credit and looting. Encounters such as Dreadtooth and Ancient Threat will continue to use group tagging rules.
  • The auto-sorting of the inventory on PTS is a known bug, and not the desired behavior. You should expect inventory to work as it does in the Live game today upon 7.0's release. We will update the Known Issues thread in the PTS forum to reflect this

Jackie

Way to address the non important issues in this thread. There are way more important issues to solve then these non issues. Its like you just skipped over everything people said and only focused on things you want. If where being honest here, apparently player feedback doesn't mean a whole lot.

So the only question I have as a player is with every expansion there has been an increase in crafting skills am I right to assume that will be the case with 7.0 as well and if it is does this also mean we will have new augments as again usually when y'all increase levels you also increase augments as to correspond to the new tiers of gear

Way to address the non important issues in this thread. There are way more important issues to solve then these non issues. Its like you just skipped over everything people said and only focused on things you want. If where being honest here, apparently player feedback doesn't mean a whole lot.

Thats the way! Bite the hand of the person offering the first glimmer of acknowledgement of the multitude of issues voiced so far. I’m sure that will make them much more willing to respond to us.

And frankly official word that the inventory sorting issue is a bug and not intended was a pretty important issue for me. More than even the unequal gearing and loss of abilities it would have been a literal game killer for me.

Could we get some clarification on what is going to happen to the Spoils of War achievements?

And the associated gear from that?

If those, and the gear (even if just for cosmetic purposes), will still be available after 7.0 launches or not?

They've already said they're going to feats of strength (which means ungettable), and the gear/set bonuses will stop working.