Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

To be honest, it's not a real big deal to me. The Rakghoul Event will come again, just one more month. I had to wait a month before I got Lokin on my agent when I got her through it October 20th and the event came November 15th.

As for issues...the event isn't game breaking itself. And even not getting Lokin right away isn't game breaking. Long as people can get Lokin BEFORE February 9th or 11th, then that's fine.

I get that games have tons and tons of code and one wee change and everything falls apart. I'm annoyed with the bugs, glitches, and other things, but I haven't let it deter me just yet.

Plus, it's the holidays and last year majority of Bioware employees were gone from about first week of December til about second week of January, so I doubt any bugs will be fixed fully until about second week of January. I don't like it, but I'm not going to complain about it just yet.

So far, I can keep playing and doing what I currently am...so we can only wait and see. Hopefully, Bioware gets on the ball and does fix all the issues soon because I enjoy the game very much and don't want it nose diving due to issues on their end and unhappy gamers on our end.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to join any calls for "I hope someone is fired" that have cropped up lately. But the way that any good will earned from KotFE has been burned through reminds me of M:TG and Urza's Saga block that was such a major catastrophe the president of the company called the entire R&D team into his office and proceeded to tear them a new one for destroying player confidence so utterly.

At this point it's time for a call into the office and delivering the Malcolm Tucker "omnishambles" speech: "You're like that coffee machine, from bean to cup, you f**k up!"

Since it is broken and won't be fixed any time soon, how about trying to remove it. I still see folks going into the Spike, and can only assume a whole lot of folks this weekend will try and access it with the "cookie crumb" starter mission clickable.

Easier to answer folks that wonder what happened to event, instead of dealing with folks that travel to the planet and get kicked back to fleet.

(Would think devs want to keep more people from feeling upset.)

The quality of the support staff at bioware has been on a tragic trajectory. While I don't want someone's head on a platter I do think it is about high time the folks at BioWare actually take a moment and try to hire someone who is actually competent to head the Customer Service department. Hell FoxConn's child slaves are more responsive and informative than these fools.

I spend 1 M in mats to get the Dr... now i have to wait a month to finnish the quest, fine... but make us PvP for PvE content is plain retarded... as an active subscriber and a customer that has spend $$$ on this game, dont do that again plz.... :( otherwise its been almost 3 years of fun for me, keep it up, thx and greetings from Ecuador. :D

Nope, not sticky there, either. Doesn't really make much of a difference whether it gets buried in dev tracker under totally unrelated posts or some regular thread.

Stickied or not, this is what see when I go into the dev tracker:

Rakghoul event broken | 12.17.2015, 04:19 PM

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

:rolleyes:

I read somewhere that BW/EA are intentionally sabotaging this game (tinfoil hat WARNING)

New movie means new mmo will most likely be made in the future. But they can't just pull the plug on this one, so why not just sabotage it so they can make something that is new star wars.

Think about it.

New story that is releasing bits and pieces throughout the year.

Sub reward? Play as a droid which looking at BW's writing will most likely be 30 min to an hour.

Bugs, broken event, exploits.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but I don't think its worth a sub. I think BW/EA realize this and are sabotaging it so EA can make a new MMO.

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

And will January 12 bring the Tatooine event because that's the one I need for the related achievement?

Is this a minor thing? Yes. Will I complain anyway? Yes.

Your company's inability to keep this game running smoothly is a joke. It's just one bug after another, one big **** snowball effect that keeps gathering momentum. One can't help but wonder what you'll hit us with next.

Hey folks,

-eric

I'm sorry Eric but this some bull crap why can't you have it next week you are making us do this for a comp, i run this event every time I can but on the 12 I can't be on my computer that week I have plans make it next week instead of doing the xp thing or putting packs up

I read somewhere that BW/EA are intentionally sabotaging this game (tinfoil hat WARNING)

New movie means new mmo will most likely be made in the future. But they can't just pull the plug on this one, so why not just sabotage it so they can make something that is new star wars.

Think about it.

Sub reward? Play as a droid which looking at BW's writing will most likely be 30 min to an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but I don't think its worth a sub. I think BW/EA realize this and are sabotaging it so EA can make a new MMO.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I do think it is likely that EA is cutting down on their financial support for this game, but probably not to sabotage it, just to maximize the profits by minimizing the costs, while also freeing up resources. I think BW is doing the best they can with the reduced support, but the resources just aren't there to quickly and effectively respond to things like these bugs.

I do think it is likely that EA is cutting down on their financial support for this game, but probably not to sabotage it, just to maximize the profits by minimizing the costs, while also freeing up resources. I think BW is doing the best they can with the reduced support, but the resources just aren't there to quickly and effectively respond to things like these bugs.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that very little of the budget they have left is going to play-testing, which should be one of the single most important steps in any development cycle.

Think about it.

Oh lookie here: The infinite "somewhere" source. If you're going to conjure such fictitious and unverifiable drivel on the internet (because if anything you said was true, SWG's final 18 months wouldn't have been as great as they were), please try to at least connect it with a source. You're not clever hiding behind an ambiguous adverb; you're just another internet troll or liar wearing a self-fashioned tinfoil hat looking for attention.

The attention needs put on the DEVs for not coming up with an alternative solution for obtaining Eckard Lokin, which is currently gated by said broken event. So we have to wait another month for a fix? What if some of us are otherwise indisposed from SWTOR then? School starts back up, some deployments are starting, and I guarantee you factory workers aren't going to be enjoying any reprieve for SWTOR time like they are now. Fix the problems NOW, BW, before the holiday week starts. If you can't, then I guess you'll just have to suck up a one time grant of giving your paying customers Lokin off the Odessen terminal.

/rant off

Think about it.

If they were to intentionally alienate their customers, why would those same customers return to buy a new version of the same product after receiving such treatment?

If they were to intentionally alienate their customers, why would those same customers return to buy a new version of the same product after receiving such treatment?

Not that I endorse this theory at all, but...

You must be new to Star Wars.

And, the Internet.

What's the matter people didn't you read the patch notes and the fine print in the terms of service legal agreement you signed? Because BioWare and most companies don't really care.

Stop being their best buddies after a good screwing and start acting like a customer, the game will be better off for it.

Because Visceral isn't Bioware. EA may be behind both games, but Bioware botched this one all on their own.