Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

yes -- I wanted Lokin -- here's my situation ...

1) old time's sake -- on my agent

2) other companions are below influence 10 ( except for Scropio and she's a 12 -- but meh -- like Lokin better)

3) my current used comp is Lana -- she's fine, but only an 8 influence ...

now it's all a moot point because she will be a 10 or maybe higher by next month <sigh>

so much for that plan and looking forward to getting ONE companion easily ......

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the point if we use Lokin or not. It's that they refuse to fix the event until next month! At least thats what it seems like......

That's just a really piss poor excuse.

They are not refusing per say, they just don't have the people in the office to do it right now. You could easily make the case that's piss poor planning on their part (and it is), but it's not a question of want. They literally are incapable of fixing this problem at this time.

There's still days left in the normal work week, let alone most Internet Technicians are on Salary, meaning they work whenever there is a problem regardless of weekday/weekend, day/night, work day/holiday; they work until it's fixed.

Blatantly saying on Wednesday that there will not be a fix is putting a very poor image out about your company: it doesn't properly staff people based on how the industry works.

Also taking into account that most businesses that know their peak times are during Holidays, when the majority of their customers have free time to use their product, is an important time to ensure the product is working properly, and have enough support staff available to address the influx of activity.

They are not refusing per say, they just don't have the people in the office to do it right now. You could easily make the case that's piss poor planning on their part (and it is), but it's not a question of want. They literally are incapable of fixing this problem at this time.

It's not just piss poor planning, its also piss poor management. As was stated by another, Devs and programmers (there is a difference) are salaried employees. When I have seen issues like this before in other games, people get called back into the office to fix it...OR they fix it from home. One of the selling points of Hero Engine is that it allows people to work remotely in real time.

In the end it depends how the company sees itself. Are they providing a service? They fix it ASAP. Do they see themselves as simply providing a consumer product? Then they say "sorry the guys are all on vacation."

It is a question of want. EA is one of the biggest gaming companies in the world, if they truly wanted to fix this they could pull in more people. They do not see this as financially rewarding enough so they won't lift a finger till next month.

Pretty poor showcase with movie launch not being able to run one of your major events this week. But this is BW their ineptitude at running SWTOR knows no bounds.

Simply unacceptable.

I'm a web development project lead of a major luxury retail corporation. If I and my team functionalized, developed, tested, implemented and supported a project, lets say a BOGO (buy one get one free) promotion week event , that upon production activation simply didn't work and produced hundreds (if not thousands) of unsatisfied customer responses and emails, and then I simply said to the my director, CEO, CIO and CFO this can't be fixed during the promoted window, let's just say I would be looking for a new job.

Simply unacceptable.

What are BWs development and testing standards? Does BW have any at all? Is this hardware, software or infrastructure related? Does BW have backout plans? Implementation plans? Disaster recovery plans?

I know as a community manager you (Eric) are not responsibility in this issue. You are simply relaying information to us as users. Just remember that information highway goes both ways. You also have the responsibility as a community manager to relay OUR dismay, disgust and utter disappoint to your superiors.

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

You guys are about as clumsy as stormtroopers. You realize you're supposed to be running this game, right? Because I'm pretty sure you've taken a break from caring for about two weeks, and I don't even think you've officially gone on your winter break yet.

You guys are about as clumsy as stormtroopers. You realize you're supposed to be running this game, right? Because I'm pretty sure you've taken a break from caring for about two weeks, and I don't even think you've officially gone on your winter break yet.

not to mention this is THE TIME when they should care the most... i mean CHRISTMAS HYPE and EP7 HYPE combined right now. when new player see that kind of behavior... i mean... u know right?

when new player see that kind of behavior... i mean... u know right?

As opposed to when a new player comes here and sees the behavior of this community?

These forums are an embarrassing cesspool of entitled selfishness, passive-aggressive and direct threats, and endless crying and whining.

If I were a potential new player and came here looking for info and saw how the players treat each other and the game I wouldn't sign up. There are many pieces to the puzzle to make something successful.

The players are just as much to blame for any failures as much as they are to be praised for any successes. But, of course, it's always someone else's fault, right?

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Can you at least shut the announcer up please? No point in her telling us about the Rakghoul event every 15 seconds on fleet if there is nothing we can do about it.

Can you at least shut the announcer up please? No point in her telling us about the Rakghoul event every 15 seconds on fleet if there is nothing we can do about it.

I think the point is that at the moment there's nothing they can do about it. Oh and I am surprised you actually notice this in between all the ******es giving spoilers about the new movies to ruin other people's fun. I personally hadn't even noticed the announcer at all...oh well. Guess it's holiday time, also for the people at BW.

As opposed to when a new player comes here and sees the behavior of this community?

These forums are an embarrassing cesspool of entitled selfishness, passive-aggressive and direct threats, and endless crying and whining.

If I were a potential new player and came here looking for info and saw how the players treat each other and the game I wouldn't sign up. There are many pieces to the puzzle to make something successful.

The players are just as much to blame for any failures as much as they are to be praised for any successes. But, of course, it's always someone else's fault, right?

Attitude is a reflection of leadership. The community wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for the actions of those in charge.

hey folks,

after further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the rakghoul plague before the event expires on tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on january 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

haha. :D

Edited by helpmewin

Why? Is there anything any player did to this event not work as intended? Is there anything someone can do to fix that?

Unlike some of u people who just want to hate everything I still have some faith in Bioware and what they do i beleave that they can add what i said without a problem and do it right it would make the event worth more time. Even better if the saber is moded and make jingle bells sounds when u light it up haha

i am a subscriber since i started here, after the hut cartell was released. i preordered sor, got used as a test bunny for it (like much others) played through the lags and bugs. i got tired of it and took a break until kotfe got released, i again arrestemated that all is going in a aceptable manner and the lags and all those problems got fixed. well the lags are worse now than earlier(yavin became nearly unplayable for me) and the bugs only transpired to the new content. so i am confident and faithfull, that they will screw up again ;)

Hey folks,

-eric

hey come on, just be honest! you don't want to invest the resources to fix it and now your waiting, if the event starts properly on january.

*********** crab!