Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

Man, I am a developer too. It cannot be that hard, something is very wrong with Bioware. I have 2 tickets opened for more than 2 months and no answer at all and now they cannot fix this bug. Suggest forums i think they don't read for more than one year. they support is worse than ever.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I am a developer too. It cannot be that hard, something is very wrong with Bioware. I have 2 tickets opened for more than 2 months and no answer at all and now they cannot fix this bug. Suggest forums i think they don't read for more than one year. they support is worse than ever.

As I said : I bet they have just too few people left for fixing bugs. Everyone is working on the new KOTFE chapters now.

You are aware that Christmas is coming up, and a lot of people already have started their holidays, with saved-up vacation days and so on? Yes, even the slaves of BW have some -a few, days off now and then.

B

Edited by Berntk

2 months! Wow! They responded to the stack item exploit quicker than that and banned over 500 accounts. It is clear what their priorities are

I'm surprised that much has changed since the last time the event was run.

Given this is Star Wars Week with the new film out and surely the hope that some cross marketing might help. People watch the movie think it would be cool to try the game out. One might wonder why the most recent post on the dev tracker, surely the most likely source of new information a new entrant would use while downloading the game is one of the game is broke and we aint fixing it.

Surely someone at the PR department must have though put something positive out there, have some give away, bring forward another event, for the love of god don't have the front page on the forums and the front page of the dev tracker with people just being disappointed with a broken dull experience.

But they don't seem to care. Which has to suggest that keeping the game afloat is not a priority. Which with the way the dev team have been taking the game feels more and more like a possibility, whether its that they don't care, its come down from management or the crew has been cut back so far they are making a point to the management that they can't put out anything other than broken rehashed crap its hard to tell,

I went the tunnels and completed the quest to get Dr Lokin and recorded how so others could do it too.

-Getting Dr Lokin with a broken rakghoul event (on Youtube)<A Kindly Old Monster> A how to video-

As much as I give you a thumbs up because of your effort, this is not exactly an acceptable workaround for the broken event... :o

I certainly hope they will solve the issue soon rather than Soon™, and return the event once again. I spent the last month preparing my alts that went through KotFE to gain Lokin, and it's just this damned broken event that is preventing me from doing it! :mad:

Oh well. This game is becoming less and less fun, as of late. :rolleyes:

Repetitive content, hopeless grouping - because of players having no clue how to play most of the times both in PvP and in PvE, although there are some nice players out there that can cover for that at least partially :o - and as if that wasn't enough, moddable gear that looked great disappearing from vendors even though the modifications are all that is sold now. :confused:

Seriously, I wish I had a chance to talk with whoever made this stuff work as it does. This line of thought remembers me of Trymbo from the Smuggler's Ord Mantell story... :eek:

I won't link a video on that regard, but just search Trymbo on Youtube and you'll get an idea what I mean. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So.... Who wants to bet that it will be broken still in January. ;3

But this really sucks, one tunnel lurker kill away from Lord of the Raklings. :\

well actually i could say yes, since instead working on fixes BW had to take care of the glitch abusers :rolleyes: but shame that they wont just restart event for next week or something

If their QA department didn't manage to miss another glitch there wouldn't have been any abusers to start with.;)

Gotta agree that this is complete BS. And for all of those making kissy faces and excuses for the game developers, just stop. Anything that keeps me from experiencing the content I have paid for, which was advertised with a released schedule of events, is game-breaking for me. They advertised, I purchased, they failed to deliver content per their own published schedule.

The Alliance Companion quests are part of the KotFE post-chapter content. They are also gated quests in that each Alliance faction will only give you a new quest after you have completed the last. Whether or not there's another quest after Lokin for this specific Alliance faction is irrelevant (And I don't want to know one way or the other, I would like to complete the content, spoiler free, and see for myself). I am unable to play through content I paid for. Whether I ever use Lokin or not has nothing to do with the fact I cannot access content I specifically subscribed to access.

I don't care one little bit about people having to work over the holidays. They should be working overtime right now, not taking vacations, if that's even the case. Either way, horrible excuse to hang your hat on. Thousands of people, making less than $10 an hour, will have to work Christmas day and cannot take time off during the holidays. There is NO excuse for Bioware/EA's lack of customer support for a game they are actively selling and taking money for.

The list of bugs in this game is unacceptable.

The response times from Customer Support to customer complaints and questions is unacceptable.

I will be cancelling my recurring subscription the first of January, 2016. Until I see significant improvement from the people selling this product, a concerted effort to show the client base that they intend to support the product they are selling at the highest possible level, they will not receive another dime from me.

Gotta agree that this is complete BS. And for all of those making kissy faces and excuses for the game developers, just stop. Anything that keeps me from experiencing the content I have paid for, which was advertised with a released schedule of events, is game-breaking for me. They advertised, I purchased, they failed to deliver content per their own published schedule.

The Alliance Companion quests are part of the KotFE post-chapter content. They are also gated quests in that each Alliance faction will only give you a new quest after you have completed the last. Whether or not there's another quest after Lokin for this specific Alliance faction is irrelevant (And I don't want to know one way or the other, I would like to complete the content, spoiler free, and see for myself). I am unable to play through content I paid for. Whether I ever use Lokin or not has nothing to do with the fact I cannot access content I specifically subscribed to access.

I don't care one little bit about people having to work over the holidays. They should be working overtime right now, not taking vacations, if that's even the case. Either way, horrible excuse to hang your hat on. Thousands of people, making less than $10 an hour, will have to work Christmas day and cannot take time off during the holidays. There is NO excuse for Bioware/EA's lack of customer support for a game they are actively selling and taking money for.

The list of bugs in this game is unacceptable.

The response times from Customer Support to customer complaints and questions is unacceptable.

I will be cancelling my recurring subscription the first of January, 2016. Until I see significant improvement from the people selling this product, a concerted effort to show the client base that they intend to support the product they are selling at the highest possible level, they will not receive another dime from me.

Couldn't agree more, very well put. Subscription cancelled two days ago. The only effective method to get a business to change it's ways is to hit them in the wallet. If people keep feeding them money, there's absolutely zero motivation for them to improve their product/service.

This kind of crap reminds of Verant/SOE back in the day. They got away with it only while they were the only (literally) game in town. This stuff and the INSANE lag that I get ONLY on this game is why I sub for a month after each major release and cancel in between. There's absolutely nothing to hold my interest unless I want to go through the exact same content on multiple characters.

It is not that many weeks until the next event :tran_smile:

Personally I hate Rakghoul event for how disruptive it is to PVP, but I just want to get the stupid Lokin thing over and done with so I can stab him in the chest.

I think the only reason that the devs cant fix this right now is because they are on holidays.. Bioware should give us something in return for this failure.

So.... Who wants to bet that it will be broken still in January. ;3

But this really sucks, one tunnel lurker kill away from Lord of the Raklings. :\

Call me a skeptic... but this bug has nothing to do with me needing the Rakghoul event to finish an alliance quest, and that my subscription ran out the same week.

I bought a block of 180 days subscription and it didn't fix the bug, which was all the proof I need :rak_04:

But seriously I did by another 180 days:D

Really a let down for the people trying to recruit Lokin. Especially after grinding my way through 800 gel packs while the event was down.

Really disappointing when the whole alliance system and classic conversation thing has been an utter let down (particularly to PVE and soloists).

But, as disheartening as this is, the event will (hopefully) be back on in January.

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Will it be then Tatooine again or will it be on Corellia? I ask since it makes a difference for the codex entries of the event.

No-one does the Event boss, because everyone says "the event is broken !!!111eleven"

I saw it stand around completely left alone for at least the quarter of an hour or so.

Plaguehorn? One of the Pub heroic quicktravels placed me roughly 30 yards behind him, staring him squarely in the rump. There wasn't another soul near me.

A patient meticulous unhurried partner is sought to attempt the heroic in the tunnels on the RE server. If interested please pm. Ability to comm via ts3 and a companion with well advanced influence both will be highly appreciated. Edited by merera

So i just wasted alot of time and money gathering the resources to recruit Doctor Loken, only to be ported out of the Rakghoul tunnels that I needed to be in to finish the mission?

Is it true that the rakghoul event is broke and they refuse to fix it until after the event ends??

Edited by nissanmaxima