Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

If they were to intentionally alienate their customers, why would those same customers return to buy a new version of the same product after receiving such treatment?

BW won't be the ones making the new one, I guarantee that. They will get another KOTOR, but an MMO they lost their chance imo

However, as another poster pointed out, people would buy another BW mmo lol

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BW austin would get any TOR "sequel" MMO. All the relevant genre talent EA has is pooled here afterall. Perhaps the studio would get renamed to something else but BW brand would probably still be more positive than negative in the general population.

I'd be shocked if Visceral got the job. They've never even made a RPG... It'd be EA taking all lessions learned with the TOR project and completley disregarding all of it. Perhaps after Visceral Firemonkeys Studios will get a shot at it lol.

Edited by aeterno

It's hard to put out a fire when 100 other people keep pouring more fuel onto it.

Actually I think that more fuel is exactly what is needed here. I mean, let's face it, the folks at BioWare have made several big mistakes over the past couple of months, and they need to understand that the choices that they have made matter, and that those choices have consequences that might lead to an increase in unsubs, and a decrease in revenue for them.

So by adding more fuel to this fire, we might have a chance that they will see that we have something to say, and that instead of only listening to those who say what they want to hear, maybe they will start listening to people who are trying to tell them things that they need to know too.

Thanks for the note that we can wait to Jan 12 to try to get Lokin. Its really appreciated to gate progress behind events that are broken and provide the answer that just wait a month and we might get it right. I know this has also been said 1000 times on this thread already but please get better hamsters.

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Is there a way to go into the tunnels and complete the Lokin quest, without being transported back to the fleet?

I don't know if Bioware went to EA or if EA went to Bioware. But if Bioware chose EA to grab them up...they done goofed, hard. Now if EA went to Bioware....Bioware should have shopped around. (I'm talking you can't buy out a company/merge without approval).

Ie. if I make widgets and company A wants to buy me out or 'hostile takeover' still need SOMEONE to give permission for it to happen.

Anyway, *sigh* The game ITSELF is good, I wish EA would stop looking only at bottomline and actually see 'oh hai, we may need to increase the budget just a tad more and bring on one or two more people to actually make the game WORTH staying with.' I mean, EA and Bioware wants money from the game. Well people aren't going to give money if the game is spiraling down the staircase to hell. Might as well actually learn business sense correctly and toss money or employees at a good game to make it better.

I SERIOUSLY wonder how derps become in charge of important things.

Yes!

Feel the anger, let it burn inside of you.

Feed off of it, let it swell inside you.

Use that anger, UNSUBSCRIBE and show them that they have failed you.

Why continue to pay for something that they don't care about?

Why continue to pay for something that angers you?

Why support someone who ignores you or worse yet hears your pain and does nothing to fix it?

Turn to the Dark side, use your power to stop them.

...but if they unsubscribe, they can't post here and try to make sure everyone hates the game as much as they do.

:rolleyes:

Still should be able to. Chapter 10 not out till Feb. 11 and there is another Rakghoul Event scheduled for Jan. 12 (unless they break that too). :(

Oh. Well. Thank you for letting me know as I had thought that Ch 10 was coming out January. I know it's not a big deal but, whether one toon kills him or both toons keep him, it'd be nice to just get that mission out of my queue.

I just want to add my voice to those gathered here, that the powers that be need to understand, "We won't be fixing this, try again in a month" is not an acceptable response. In what other industry could you respond to the customer with, "I'm sorry we messed up. We will be doing absolutely nothing to try and fix it. Please come back in a month'? Perhaps if this thread gets big enough, someone will take notice.

"I'm sorry that your meal was burned (and the last three that we served you)...please come back in a month and we will be offering the same dish again."

"I'm sorry the item you bought is defective, we should have some new ones roll off the production line in a month, you can buy another one then."

How ''apologetic" are you really if there is not going to be any action taken to rectify or compensate for the situation.

The guild I'm in is down to a handful of active members, and the inactive ones all say they are just not happy with the state of the game. I have loved the game, but I can't stomach giving my money to someone who apparently has so little regard for my patronage.

I will not be waiting around a month to pay for for another helping of the same burned meal. I have canceled the three subs I've been paying for. That appears to be the only voice they might hear at this point.

Okay you cant activate the Rakghoul event i get it what i do dont get it is that you cant let us have Lokin i mean its completely f*cking useless to go into the tunnels Lokin says so we have to go directly to Tatooine just remove the damn part of going into the tunnels now we have to wait another month for our alts getting Lokin seriously

Okay you cant activate the Rakghoul event i get it what i do dont get it is that you cant let us have Lokin i mean its completely f*cking useless to go into the tunnels Lokin says so we have to go directly to Tatooine just remove the damn part of going into the tunnels now we have to wait another month for our alts getting Lokin seriously

A whole month!!

For a companion you're not going to use!

Damn you Bioware *shakes fist*

I just want to add my voice to those gathered here, that the powers that be need to understand, "We won't be fixing this, try again in a month" is not an acceptable response. In what other industry could you respond to the customer with, "I'm sorry we messed up. We will be doing absolutely nothing to try and fix it. Please come back in a month'? Perhaps if this thread gets big enough, someone will take notice.

Thats not what they said at all. They will be fixing it, just it won't be fixed in time for the end of the event. Maybe in your magical world people click fingers and things magically start functioning again, but thats not the way the real world works.

They could at least find a way to give us Lokin for those who were expecting to get him through the event oh wait !!! ITS BIOWARE AND EA who just like to piss off their customers at least find a way to let us skip the rakghoul event for doing the Kindly old monster come on but now we cant

Oh for any genius that would said that i wouldnt have used him you are WRONG was planning to and counting to it was collecting gifts to earn his incluence and etc. but no they just say ah screw it just wait for next month :eek:

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday with friends and family.

I'm honestly astounded.

SWTOR's entire business model for the past year has been:

1. Keep reminding people that (an entirely different dev team working under the name of) Bioware made a great Star Wars RPG over ten years ago.
  2. Maintain the pretense that SWTOR is healthy and active until Episode VII comes out and brings in a bunch of new paying customers.

Part 1 has been repeated so often it's become a joke, and you just failed part 2. So what happens now?

Hey folks,

-eric

Wow...locking a companion behind a broken event is kinda sketchy eric...

I'm sorry but this answer is unacceptable especially when you tie unlocking a companion to an event that occurs once a month. How about you change the companion unlock so it doesn't require an event that could go wrong?

The sorry there is nothing we can do answer just isn't working for me, especially when you are hindering my progress. Seriously, get it together because this is the wrong answer to the problem.

Yes. Please don't have them shoehorned into an event as this can and will be happening.

I get that people are pretty pissed off about this, but I'm finding it funny that people are complaining that they can't get a companion when they already have another 15 or so of them. He does the same as any other companion, he doesn't have any special skills, and I'm pretty sure he won't come into the story before the next planned event. Take a breath, you don't HAVE to have everything now.

It's happened before when the Life Day event was active

Nothing new. Just another EA/BW Failure. Highlighted by Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the players it brings to SWTOR...LoL :rak_04:

Idiots. Shooting themselves in the foot with this screw up. I'd fire some people since this hurts the community and subs/Cartel Market purchases. Just because it's happened before and still the coders haven't learned from past mistakes.

It's happened before when the Life Day event was active

Nothing new. Just another EA/BW Failure. Highlighted by Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the players it brings to SWTOR...LoL :rak_04:

Idiots. Shooting themselves in the foot with this screw up. I'd fire some people since this hurts the community and subs/Cartel Market purchases. Just because it's happened before and still the coders haven't learned from past mistakes.

Well, you do know the definition of insanity...

Thats not what they said at all. They will be fixing it, just it won't be fixed in time for the end of the event. Maybe in your magical world people click fingers and things magically start functioning again, but thats not the way the real world works.

Actually, they didn't say when they would fix it, just that it would be around next month.

However, this still leaves the possibility of it being broken.

Simply put, the fact that they are unwilling to fix the issue at this time, for whatever reason, shows the importance that the devs have put into making sure that everything is running right.

In fact the bugs like this and the time that it takes for the devs to fix them, if they are able to, shows that they really don't care.