Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

Wow, I can't believe how mean people can be, now I regret even reading this thread... Bioware is working as hard as they can to make this game enjoyable for us, but they are people, they make mistakes like everybody else. Give them a break.

No, they are working hard in order to make money for themselves. As the ones paying them that money we are allowed to expect a minimum level of service in return. They are not meeting my minimum. If this wasn't a Star Wars game, and I wasn't a dedicated Star Wars fan, I would have quit long ago. I probably still will quit very shortly, as I am sick of these bugs.

At the very least we deserve daily updates. Especially when the last update only said 'not today'.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, it's a game. They will fix it as soon as they can. If they can't get it fixed with all of the other things running this month you will get another shot at getting Lokin next month and will still be done before the release of chapter 10.

You're right, it is just a game...

Last night I purchased Elder Scrolls Online for the first time, I'm going to give it a go for the next week.

I haven't unsubbed, but I do have one eye on the exit door. The past six weeks have been a Greek tragedy of errors. Yes, it is just a game, but I don't have to play it either,

Last night I purchased Elder Scrolls Online for the first time, I'm going to give it a go for the next week.

I haven't unsubbed, but I do have one eye on the exit door. The past six weeks have been a Greek tragedy of errors. Yes, it is just a game, but I don't have to play it either,

That is your option. My intent is only to remind the people that are treating this as a personal affront that they are getting worked up over something of no real consequence.

Edit: If the game is no longer fun it is fine to walk away.

Edited by The_Wulff

That is your option. My intent is only to remind the people that are treating this as a personal affront that they are getting worked up over something of no real consequence.

Edit: If the game is no longer fun it is fine to walk away.

I think people (including myself at times) get worked up because we end up with an emotional attachment to our toons, the game, and friends we have made while playing. Leaving involves leaving a guild of people we know, experiences we may have spent years building up, it can be frustrating because many people don't want to leave, they want a working game.

Bugs happen. With a game as large and complex as an MMO, especially SWTOR, it's going to happen. My issue is more of the lack of overall communication. We had updates yesterday stating there would not be a fix by the end of that day. How long will this likely take? I don't even care about the event as it's not even new content, I just want the open world PvP aspect of killing those in the rakghoul tunnels.

I think people (including myself at times) get worked up because we end up with an emotional attachment to our toons, the game, and friends we have made while playing. Leaving involves leaving a guild of people we know, experiences we may have spent years building up, it can be frustrating because many people don't want to leave, they want a working game.

I get that and agree that finding a community that you fit in is a wonderful thing. Here is the difference, you and I are having a civil discussion sharing ideas. Many of the other unrelated posts here are just raging. They have gotten to the point (justified or not) that they are not being rational about missing a day or two of a reoccurring event. Sure, it may not be convenient but it isn't worth the anger and hate people are putting into this thread about a glitch in a game.

Patch Note

All Sentinels have had the color of thier hair changed to blue.

Forum Poster: " Dude, it's still brown"

Helper: " We apologize for the inconvenience, we have escalated the color of robes to our higher headquarters."

Forum Poster: " WTH, Now my hair is purple and you said nothing about the robes!!"

Helper: " We apologize for the inconvenience, we have updated the patch note to correctly show the color of speeder you should have now. That you for your time."

Forum Poster: "REALLY!!!! I can't even find my speeder now when I log in and my hair is now gone, I'm BALD!!"

Helper: " Dude, that sucks."

Forum Poster: "Can you at least tell me when I am going to get my hair back!!"

Helper: " If you read page 54 of the 1974 readers digest, it should give you some insight on when we plan to release new JAWA designs."

Forum Poster: " I JUST WANT TO KNOW 1 THING, WHY AM I SEARCHING THROUGH PLACES I NEVER LOOK AT!!"

Helper: " In an upcoming patch...........well, you know the rest. Thank you for your patience."

Forum Poster: " FORGET IT, I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Helper: ' We already have a forum discussing this matter, "Famous Tiltes for 100 Alex", so we are closing this thread."

Forum Poster: " Ok, I understand there are going to be glitches and problems, can I please just get an answer of when I get my hair back?"

Helper: " We thank you for your time but we are unable to recover your taun taun at this time. If you could post your DXDIAG we will assist by any means possible."

Forum Poster: "............................................. ..."

Forum Poster 2: CAN I HAS YOUR STUFF???

ROFL.... your post made my day.....ROFL.

ESO is where Im going back to. At least the Devs there LISTEN to the people, provide regular feedback, and overall its a much better game (and getting better instead of worse).

ESO is where Im going back to. At least the Devs there LISTEN to the people, provide regular feedback, and overall its a much better game (and getting better instead of worse).

I like both :p

Speaking about ESO, its a really great game indeed - played it since Beta, like SWTOR.

Only thing that is still meeh.. combat. I mean.. i love "action" based combat but ESO still feels like you are hitting the air and not the enemy. But lets not get too off-topic here.

I've been playing FFXI along with SWTOR since summer, and I've been completely demoralized switching between the two. I played XI at launch and never thought I would say this, but they are on top of their game when it comes to keeping things running, providing content, and communicating with the playerbase (even though it's based out of Japan.)

I think their announcements about the December update came out the same day as the "We'll fix NiM loot drops in February but btw that guaranteed drop thing was a typo sry" post, and that... kind of stung. :(

I get that and agree that finding a community that you fit in is a wonderful thing. Here is the difference, you and I are having a civil discussion sharing ideas. Many of the other unrelated posts here are just raging. They have gotten to the point (justified or not) that they are not being rational about missing a day or two of a reoccurring event. Sure, it may not be convenient but it isn't worth the anger and hate people are putting into this thread about a glitch in a game.

The real problem here is that it is just not "a gltich" it is happening over and over and over in this game and alot of the nasty bugs have been fixed, take that into account and then add all the frustrations of account problems, cartel coin issues, lack of content, lack of communication, bad customer service, the time tickets takes to get answered ( i still have a 1 year old ticket with no reply to it open )

and many other things, a picture starts to emerge of how bad this mmo is being run.

Then you will maybe start to understand why people have so little patience with the devs or the people working on this game and why they tend to just light up in flames when one more thing breaks/bugs/chrashes.

Are you kidding? I was there from beta dealt with their horrible launch. I tried to go back in late September. I lasted no more than three weeks.

The game is so damn boring, the load screens take minutes and make me think the game froze up. It's been that way since beta.

While I barely saw a story in WoW, ESO's story is one the worst story ever written and I'm 100% convienced the writers are lazy and just decided to make all three factions run through the EXACT same stuff the other factions ran through, the only difference is how hard it is. As someone who was loyal to Queen Ayreen, so why would I want to fight against the Queen's troops because I'm now forced to be in a different faction.

The writing is lazy and makes no sense. No way would the Orcs be nice and work with either the Redquards or Bretons. The devs are pathetic. They broke Craglorn to the point they had to break it into two parts and release the last 1/3 of it four months later. The Craglorn patch in May took them roughly 10 hours to bring the servers back up and they only released 2/3 of the zone. Because the glyphs said V10-14. A patch had to change that to V10-12.

. When I let a NPC to die, that NPC needs to stay dead, not show up for the next quest in the story chain.

Edited by tattoohero

Hey all,

After some investigation, it looks like we are not going to be able to address this issue today. We'll keep everyone updated as we learn more, but I wanted to ensure that you knew we were continuing to work on it.

-Tait

How about today Tait?

The real problem here is that it is just not "a gltich" it is happening over and over and over in this game and alot of the nasty bugs have been fixed, take that into account and then add all the frustrations of account problems, cartel coin issues, lack of content, lack of communication, bad customer service, the time tickets takes to get answered ( i still have a 1 year old ticket with no reply to it open )

and many other things, a picture starts to emerge of how bad this mmo is being run.

Then you will maybe start to understand why people have so little patience with the devs or the people working on this game and why they tend to just light up in flames when one more thing breaks/bugs/chrashes.

Thank you for proving my point.

Many of the other unrelated posts here are just raging. They have gotten to the point (justified or not) that they are not being rational about missing a day or two of a reoccurring event.

This thread is, and was me making a post telling the employees of BioWare that there is an issue with starting this event. It wasn't about rage or hate. That conversation is already going in hundreds if not thousands of threads in this forum.

Hey all,

After some investigation, it looks like we are not going to be able to address this issue today. We'll keep everyone updated as we learn more, but I wanted to ensure that you knew we were continuing to work on it.

-Tait

How about today Tait?

Thanks for trying to get things back on track Tux.

You can get in to do eyeless by loading into the tunnels (dont move a muscle once loaded in) then quick travel to the lair of the eyeless quick travel point (will have to of unlocked this in advance) this drops you right at the entrance of eyeless then run in (10sec to run in so no problem there) if you want the mission you will have to pick it up once loaded into the tunnels, as long as you can do it within 10 seconds (i did) then you'll get kicked back to fleet so save it with the group and load in again and qt to eyeless. My group ran SM and HM eyeless this way. Is this method considered an "exploit" or not? Please let me know if my group shouldnt do it again tonight on seperate toons to actually try to get some event tokens

How about today Tait?

Honestly, I've already written this event off as a loss this time around. Granted, it's finals week and term paper writing time for me, so it's not that much of a loss for me, since I wasn't going to be playing much this week anyway, but as soon as they said "Not today," I took that to mean "We'll see what happens next time."