Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

So i just wasted alot of time and money gathering the resources to recruit Doctor Loken, only to be ported out of the tunnels that I needed to be in to finish the mission?

Thank you Bioware. Bait and switch at its finest :-)

Suppose I do not get this companion now..oh well

No, you don't get him *now*. If they have their siht together, you'll be able to do it when the event comes around in January.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Okay, I've actually not encountered too many bugs over the years and have found the SWTOR Customer Service to be quite helpful so I'm going to give this a pass. Not threats of unsubscribing :).

However, I just want to point out that this is not an Early Access title. This is the first time I pondered how much I've put into the title (as a subscriber since launch, I'd guesstimate over half a grand?).

Given that these events are now becoming meaningful in terms of the new expansion, this is the first time I've actually geared up to participate in an event as opposed to just stumbling across it. I'm a little disappointed.

So that is to say A) good job on making old content relevant again, but B) players are really going to notice these screw ups now. Well, I guess they always noticed but I think they have extra reason to be annoyed :).

- Arcada

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Keep in character eric! The plague has been eradicated last time. Anyone who thinks this terrible plague will have an other disastrous outbreak is a bit chicken little. :rak_02:

Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

-eric

Well done thou good and faithful goldfish

As opposed to when a new player comes here and sees the behavior of this community?

These forums are an embarrassing cesspool of entitled selfishness, passive-aggressive and direct threats, and endless crying and whining.

If I were a potential new player and came here looking for info and saw how the players treat each other and the game I wouldn't sign up. There are many pieces to the puzzle to make something successful.

The players are just as much to blame for any failures as much as they are to be praised for any successes. But, of course, it's always someone else's fault, right?

Of course I'm entitled. We all are. Even you. We pay a sub. We are ENTITLED to a working product. We are ENTITLED to receive what was advertised.

And customers who may not always be right, are certainly not to blame. They pay the bills.

When the game companies s**t the bed, there are always those that roll around in it and say thanks for the chocolate.

Of course I'm entitled. We all are. Even you. We pay a sub. We are ENTITLED to a working product. We are ENTITLED to receive what was advertised.

And customers who may not always be right, are certainly not to blame. They pay the bills.

When the game companies s**t the bed, there are always those that roll around in it and say thanks for the chocolate.

100% agreed. And when your company fails to deliver quality content, they lose customers and close their doors. When your work is becoming crapier and crapier, you most likely will get fired by your boss...

But hey, so long as blind fanboys will give them a pass and as long as there are enough people to keep their sub running / pay dozens-hundreds-thousands $$$ to get some random chance at a pretty new robe or mount, then E.A will just say "OK, show must go on" and if the profit ain't enough anymore, instead of fixing their crap, they'll just fire some more people to reduce costs even more I guess

Yet they had time to make all the xmas ********, complete with a arsenal of snowballs cannons and sleighs.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes I hear your arguement about "but its diff departments" its just ********. Its easier to make holiday ******** than to fix a bug. So they'd rather make holiday hats. Go team warhammer.

But hey, so long as blind fanboys will give them a pass and as long as there are enough people to keep their sub running / pay dozens-hundreds-thousands $$$ to get some random chance at a pretty new robe or mount, then E.A will just say "OK, show must go on" and if the profit ain't enough anymore, instead of fixing their crap, they'll just fire some more people to reduce costs even more I guess

I think pretty well everyone has to have taken note that they are serving soup sandwiches in that office at this point. Pretty sad really.

At least there are alternatives out there.

I guess you guys weren't here for the Revan launch. It happened around this time and what the community learned is that the Austin team takes off from around mid December until about the end of January. I knew before Eric admitted it that we weren't going to get a fix because there is literally no one there to fix it. It's also why Chapter 10 got pushed till February - because they didn't want the bug filled, zero support, poochscrew that was SoR launch again.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Jan 12 event either. Like I said, the team doesn't seem to come back to work until late January. Then again, maybe this was an easy fix that they could get the interns to do. Fingers crossed.

Yet they had time to make all the xmas ********, complete with a arsenal of snowballs cannons and sleighs.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes I hear your arguement about "but its diff departments" its just ********. Its easier to make holiday ******** than to fix a bug. So they'd rather make holiday hats. Go team warhammer.

The Life Day event is 4 years old.. so yeah. The only thing that is new this year are those few decorations you can buy on the CM.

Besides.. Rakghoul Event is even older. In fact it was the first event in swtor. And they both worked fine together in the past.

Since Bounty Contract Week has been moved to January 2016 aswell, it seems to be more than just an issue with the Rakghoul Event.

Hey folks,

-eric

Kind of stupid to make quest completion for A Kindly Old Monster contingent on the Rakghoul Event... Mad annoying, mark your calendar boys and girls :mad::rak_02:...

Hey folks,

-eric

So much for the Dec. post. At this point you guys are basically $ sucking mynocks. How does that feel :rak_02:

Edited by Joesixxpack

Hey folks,

-eric

Translation: "Too bad, suckers! We might fix it next month, we might not....till then, you can't get Lokin back! -trollface-"

Seriously, it's bloody appalling - the dev team gets 6 weeks off, in a block, each year. What other kind of non-seasonal business just shuts its doors for a month or more at a time, then expects the customers to stay loyal?

Edited by Highborne

Translation: "Too bad, suckers! We might fix it next month, we might not....till then, you can't get Lokin back! -trollface-"

Seriously, it's bloody appalling - the dev team gets 6 weeks off, in a block, each year. What other kind of non-seasonal business just shuts its doors for a month or more at a time, then expects the customers to stay loyal?

You want to know why I think they do this? They are pretty much woefully understaffed. Now when you demand X amount of work from a salaried employee you have one of two choices, pay them in cash or give them killer benefits... So they work them like slaves rowing a Galley to get expacs out on time that are not completely broken and then give them 6 weeks off rather than paying them more.

What, you didn't love receiving snowballs every day, all day long? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

During the month of December, it was our goal to run all of our recurring events week over week. Unfortunately we hit a bug related to our scheduling and some of them didn’t run properly, including the Rakghoul Plague. We have isolated the issue and will have it fixed in Patch 4.0.4 on Tuesday. With that, we wanted to adjust the event schedule for January to give everyone an opportunity to run all of our events that they missed in December. Here is our updated event schedule for January:

• 1/12 – 1/19: Relics of the Gree
  • 1/19 – 1/26: Rakghoul Plague – Tatooine
  • 1/26 – 2/2: Bounty Contract Week

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Guess what guys? they again reported Rak event will be next week