Rakghoul event broken

The_Wulff

I hope you plan to extend the event to 1 week from the day you fixed it. I CBA to wait to get what I want until the next plague event just because you people can't fix your game. aren't these thing properly tested before being implemented or something?

We will find out on or before this upcoming Tuesday. :p

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*

Hey All,

We decided to add a few more people to our team to help us improve the quality (note to self, burst out laughing) of the game. Allow me to introduce them

- Ho Lee Fuk will be working on new Operations and Flashpoints. He suffers from Tourette so you can expect some interesting dialogues.

- Sum Ting Wong will be doing code reviews and help us fix the few remaining bugs.

- Phuc Dat Bich is going to join the Combat Team. He loves playing his Sage / Sorc, and his motto is L2P. We expect great things from him, since we share many views, especially about balance (note to self, wet myself, too much laughter).

- Yuu Ol Sak is a new Community Manager. He is a Sociopath and Pathological liar, I am sure his impact on the community will be incredible.

- Dii Ja Vuu is going to work on great new things for the Cartel Market. He ran a counterfeit ring before joining us, so you can be assured to see many "new" items you haven't seen before.

We hope to deliver an even more immersive experience with our new and existing team members!

*FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*

Protips:

1) Use your Tatooine stronghold for free travel to Tatooine

2) Grab a heroic from the terminal on the fleet for free travel to Tatooine

3) Don't go in the tunnels if you know it's broken.

Amongst the wisest you are, old Jedi!

:D

If they just would tell us whats wrong and how long they think its gonna take.. but no, even that seems to be too much to ask for .__.

They probably don't know themselves. I'm quite sure the code for the game is pretty expansive, and trying to find a lone, lost semi-colon in it all makes the needle-in-a-haystack thing look like searching for pørn on the internet.

Edited by CrazyCT

They probably don't know themselves. I'm quite sure the code for the game is pretty expansive, and trying to find a lone, lost semi-colon in it all makes the needle-in-a-haystack thing look like searching for pørn on the internet.

Exactly, the game takes up 25GB of data on our computers and it could be anything from a script to an asset that isn't congruent that is causing the issue. They said they are working on it and would let us know more when there is more information.

Exactly, the game takes up 25GB of data on our computers and it could be anything from a script to an asset that isn't congruent that is causing the issue. They said they are working on it and would let us know more when there is more information.

yeah, but a lil word on the topic would be nice to know.

every single day there are asking about 500 people only on t3-m4, when the event will starts, but to every single time to say: "sry but the devs don't found any answer yet" isn't satisfying in any way!

and then for around 48h no communication to us, is pretty bad management in my astimation!

*FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*

Hey All,

We decided to add a few more people to our team to help us improve the quality (note to self, burst out laughing) of the game. Allow me to introduce them

- Ho Lee Fuk will be working on new Operations and Flashpoints. He suffers from Tourette so you can expect some interesting dialogues.

- Sum Ting Wong will be doing code reviews and help us fix the few remaining bugs.

- Phuc Dat Bich is going to join the Combat Team. He loves playing his Sage / Sorc, and his motto is L2P. We expect great things from him, since we share many views, especially about balance (note to self, wet myself, too much laughter).

- Yuu Ol Sak is a new Community Manager. He is a Sociopath and Pathological liar, I am sure his impact on the community will be incredible.

- Dii Ja Vuu is going to work on great new things for the Cartel Market. He ran a counterfeit ring before joining us, so you can be assured to see many "new" items you haven't seen before.

We hope to deliver an even more immersive experience with our new and existing team members!

*FAKE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT*

That was funny.

I think the mistake is to think they want to improve the game or have things run properly.

If they can tank the game and make it not profitable they can blame listing to people that wanted more story. After 4 years we listen to our customs and gave them more story and nobody wanted to play. Shows what they knew. Course they can't mention the story in question didn't tie in to any existing content, lasted about 10 hours and offered no replay value.

Hey all,

After some investigation, it looks like we are not going to be able to address this issue today. We'll keep everyone updated as we learn more, but I wanted to ensure that you knew we were continuing to work on it.

-Tait

Guess they haven't learned anything in 2 full days. :mad:

With Double XP to start tomorrow, hopefully the game doesn't fully crash. :eek:

Edited by Oldsailor

Yeah, because 25GB of 3d models, textures, sounds, voice acting and music is causing a server-side issue. :rolleyes:

Somewhere there's a boolean that says rakghoul_event_tatooine that should be 1, and is now 0.

It's most likely pretty low on the to-do list however, so nobody bothered to toggle it back to 1.

Hey all,

After some investigation, it looks like we are not going to be able to address this issue today. We'll keep everyone updated as we learn more, but I wanted to ensure that you knew we were continuing to work on it.

-Tait

that's why companion quest shouldn't be place in there

Yeah, because 25GB of 3d models, textures, sounds, voice acting and music is causing a server-side issue. :rolleyes:

Somewhere there's a boolean that says rakghoul_event_tatooine that should be 1, and is now 0.

It's most likely pretty low on the to-do list however, so nobody bothered to toggle it back to 1.

Ah, if only it were that simple.

The rakghoul event is there.

The cave is populated.

The quests can be taken.

MOBs can be killed.

None of that is true when the event isn't running and you can clearly observe that if the event ends while you're logged out in the caverns.

So by your example, rakghoul_event_tatooine *IS* set to 1.

Therefore, maybe the problem is more complex than a bunch of armchair developers seem to think it is.