Powertechs aren't OP

Saerith

In 1.2 it seems Bioware decided that hybread builds are not ok. So they "balanced" them for most classes... How ever Powertech was not one of the classes that had this happen so they are still capable of using a really powerful split spec. Honestly Bioware did more harm than good by getting rid of split specs.. Its really sad as well.

Clueless much? Powertech's best hybrid was completely removed from the game in 1.2.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you going to stick with your vanguard or are you going to wait to see what the next fotm class is?

Considering he was the first Pub Warlord on DR, he'll probably stick with his Vanguard. But then again, he's a healer.

After reading thread after thread about how there's zero world pvp, what's the difference between a pvp and pve server?

BTW I'm positive he pvps way more than you do.

Yay, another PvEr posting in a PvP thread! Try rolling on a PvP server and you will discover the difference. Be sure to make it to level cap.

And I'm positive he doesn't. And even if he does, who cares, he's just fighting carebears all day. The biggest difference on a PvP server is the talent opposing you. But you wouldn't know that. It's all just a content thing amirite? Clownz...

I hope all of you people who are discrediting others' input purely because they're on a PvE server realize how retarded you sound. You're declaring it literally impossible for anyone who plays on a PvE server to know anything about PvP?

It's a matter of history mate. If it wasn't a fact that the majority of QQ and nerf threads were started by pretender PvPers that play on carebear servers, then it wouldn't be much of a problem. Of course, WZing against mostly carebears all day doesn't help either.

Pyros are not OP. They don't need to be nerfed. More pew pew and less QQ.

I would agree that the 1.2 changes to Expertise need to be looked at though. That is more a culprit in TTK and all of this nerf QQ than anything else.

I play pure PvP on a PvE server, and I'd bet all of my real life assets that I could absolutely roll you guys in any aspect of PvP with any class.

No chance. I fight against some of the best PvPers in the game on a daily basis. You daily fight against this:

http://bit.ly/KNLiHz

Cross-Server queues are coming. Prepare for heartbreak and poverty.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I've been a Vanguard since the first batch of early release and all i see on this forum are people talking out of there assses, in plasma cell, the cell we now HAVE to use to get the full effect of our DPS assault tree since 1.2, we CANT guard, we have 30% Armor with full battlemaster, and our defensive cooldowns are terrible compared to others. The class is also VERY RNG based, our High impact bolt can still be dodged, miss, or shielded and if it does not crit on a burning target it doesnt do **** for damage, not to mention the fact the proc reset on it is still very RNG based and has a clunky internal c/d since 1.2.

It really pisses me off that my class is becoming FOTM because of all your whining ******* whining on the forums about my class making it seem OP, What about marauder or tankassasin FFS, i have a sentinel and i can say from first hand experience they are grossly OP compared to other DPS classes, there defensive c/d include a 30 second 20% damage reduction that damages attackers at the same time, blade ward which is 20% damage reduction and 50% melee/ranged defense if i remember right, pacify which lowers targets accuracy my 90% of 6 sec, guarded by the force which we all know what that does, COME ON PEOPLE

I've been a Vanguard since the first batch of early release and all i see on this forum are people talking out of there assses, in plasma cell, the cell we now HAVE to use to get the full effect of our DPS assault tree since 1.2, we CANT guard, we have 30% Armor with full battlemaster, and our defensive cooldowns are terrible compared to others. The class is also VERY RNG based, our High impact bolt can still be dodged, miss, or shielded and if it does not crit on a burning target it doesnt do **** for damage, not to mention the fact the proc reset on it is still very RNG based and has a clunky internal c/d since 1.2.

It really pisses me off that my class is becoming FOTM because of all your whining ******* whining on the forums about my class making it seem OP, What about marauder or tankassasin FFS, i have a sentinel and i can say from first hand experience they are grossly OP compared to other DPS classes, there defensive c/d include a 30 second 20% damage reduction that damages attackers at the same time, blade ward which is 20% damage reduction and 50% melee/ranged defense if i remember right, pacify which lowers targets accuracy my 90% of 6 sec, guarded by the force which we all know what that does, COME ON PEOPLE

Hello pot, here is kettle, you two might get a long...

You came in here, chastising people talking about class they dont know about and how UP it actually is and then proceed to talk about how OP a sentinel is and list some generalties about it...

Such as I dont see you mention the abilties you DO get vs the abilties you dont get on Sentinel... Lets see you can always attack if you are rooted and always ranged (you sound like its bad to be ranged!), you get a knock back, you get a stun, etc.... Only one tree gets a very limited form of healing...

If you are going to defend your class thats fine, but dont go and defend your class and say, go look at these guys, they are WAY more OP...

Such as I dont see you mention the abilties you DO get vs the abilties you dont get on Sentinel... Lets see you can always attack if you are rooted and always ranged (you sound like its bad to be ranged!), you get a knock back, you get a stun, etc.... Only one tree gets a very limited form of healing...

Kind of hard to prove a point when you list an ability Powertechs do not get.

Edited by exphryl

Well guys, there's really no point in defending PT's anymore. Those of us that play them and play them WELL are called overpowered. Anyone who gets burned by and can't be skilled enough on their own to beat a PT is going to cry that they're OP. Nevermind the nerf to RS and Tickle from Above. How dare we play so well with the hand we're dealt when there's sooooo many other horrible players out there??

Instead of other people LEARNING how to play their class correctly, lets dumb down everything else. Brilliant F'ing solution...

/fail

oh im sorry or is it a pull ability?

and for the record I am NOT saying they are OP and need nerf... Which leads to the point why I never said they were OP in this thread... In fact, I will check, I am pretty sure I said they were not OP earlier in this thread...nope just checked it was another PT was OP thread then...

Edited by Blloodbane

Kind of hard to prove a point when you list an ability Powertechs do not get.

People got so used to complaining about Mercs/Commandos that they just assume that PT/Vanguards have the same stuff that they do. I'd even go so far as to say half the people complaining about PT/Vanguards are really talking about Mercs/Commandos because they can't tell the difference between the two. :rak_02:

People got so used to complaining about Mercs/Commandos that they just assume that PT/Vanguards have the same stuff that they do. I'd even go so far as to say half the people complaining about PT/Vanguards are really talking about Mercs/Commandos because they can't tell the difference between the two. :rak_02:

No I can tell the difference, and I couldnt remember which AC got the KB and which got the pull I am sorry, but I am not asking for this class to be nerfed.,.. my other point was largely ignored anyway as most posters do... Which was he posted specfic details about a couple of abilties why "his" class as UP and then proceeded to say he has a sentinel thats WAY OP and lumps all the choice abilties of the class without mentioning its drawbacks...

Anyway, seems the people QQ'ing dont get it....Every QQ nerf thread has one common theme, TTK is much quicker and expertise enhanced damage over healing, so DPS seems more significant... ho many threads about ALL the DPS classes have you seen?

Hello pot, here is kettle, you two might get a long...

You came in here, chastising people talking about class they dont know about and how UP it actually is and then proceed to talk about how OP a sentinel is and list some generalties about it...

If you are going to defend your class thats fine, but dont go and defend your class and say, go look at these guys, they are WAY more OP...

Actually, we DONT get a knockback, we also need to be within at least 10m to get the proc reset on HiB where a lot of our burst damage comes from, our heal is a joke lol, something like 180 health every 1.5 sec on a 2 min c/d. But if you want to go that route, Marauder gets a charge by default which vanguard does not get unless they are tank specced, marauder/sent can even get a second 10m charge from the focus spec, force choke is just as good as a stun because it does damage, generates focus, and incapacitates the target for the duration. lets not forget about the interrupts, watchman spec gets 2 sec off there interrupt where as vanguard has to spec in the tactics tree to get that, watchman also gets a couple skills that essentially turn there charge into a second interrupt useable still at 4m range.

Actually, we DONT get a knockback, we also need to be within at least 10m to get the proc reset on HiB where a lot of our burst damage comes from, our heal is a joke lol, something like 180 health every 1.5 sec on a 2 min c/d. But if you want to go that route, Marauder gets a charge by default which vanguard does not get unless they are tank specced, marauder/sent can even get a second 10m charge from the focus spec, force choke is just as good as a stun because it does damage, generates focus, and incapacitates the target for the duration. lets not forget about the interrupts, watchman spec gets 2 sec off there interrupt where as vanguard has to spec in the tactics tree to get that, watchman also gets a couple skills that essentially turn there charge into a second interrupt useable still at 4m range.

and you do know there are 2 other trees to Marauders and Sents...only one tree gets healing...only one tree gets the 2nd leap and its pretty high up on that tree (which is a different tree, btw) and force choke has to be channeled as you can not move (so you are rooted and doing nothing while channeling) and this is also assuming their resolve isnt full they walk through it, again the one tree gets the interupt.... and the other counter you talk about being within 10m to do abilties... most Marauder and sents abilties are at 4m so thats HUGE compartively....

and yes, I already posted I made an error and said they had a KB, but you do have the pull abiltity which on HALF the WZ maps can be used to pretty much insta kill people as you can position them in a favorable position. Force Charge, you have to go were they are you cant alter that...

Look I am not going to argue on YOUR thread anymore, i already agreed and said they are not OP... just dont go in bashing on other classes in an attempt to deflect your anger the looming nerf bat over everyones head.

My thoughts are if they never nerfed burst healing every now and then a healer would save someone being focused by a PT and people would just say the healer screwed up when they died. Now that the cat is out of the bag that healers can't save anyone against that kind of burst people want PTs nerfed. As Marauders are coming to realise, you guys should of also been on the healer 1.2 thread complaining they shouldn't be nerfed.

We're all conected, if healing isn't OP and gets nerfed DPS gets nerfed soon after.

All im saying is that it is absolutely ridiculous that there is even a thread about vanguard/PT being OP and needing a nerf when you have classes like tankassasin that have 10x more utility (Can still use guard, also get a pull, superb defensive cooldowns, stealth) and great DPS to boot, and marauder with some of the best damage and best defensive cooldowns in the game rolled into one class. Vanguard on the other hand may have great burst damage, but lacks any good defensive cooldowns, 25% dmg reduction for 12 sec just cant compare to marauders defensive cooldowns or tankassasins. And kiting melee classes only works against retarded marauders who don't utilize there gap closers, slows, or force camo. Its balanced to have an extremely high DPS class with minimal defensive cooldowns, but to have classes that have high DPS and superb defensive cool downs is just ridiculous for PvP.

Powertechs are a really cool class. Great burst but can't keep it going long term.

Really easy to be good, much toughter to be great learning to navigate that 8 meter sweet spot. Weakness little defensive CD's.

Keep them. Nerf biochem if burst is a real issue.

healers just need to learn to cure our dots.

we will overheat very quickly if were spamming flame blast.

without the dot we lose 75% of our damage.

youre welcome

JUST DISPELL THEM DOTS lolz!11

OH WAIT~ Pyro PT can instantly reapply them and pew-pew light/medium armored healers with their 90% amor ignoring Rail Shot. Hey, they can even interrupt our casts!

Dispelling always works agaisnt Pyro Mercs (they're a piece of cake), but not against Powertechs.

I'm a sage healer with full BM and a few pieces of war hero gear. Here's what Jager, a powertech, does to me on my server:

Here are the numbers: 24,478 damage in 9.624 seconds. If you don't count the dots that tick after I die "the first time" (I dunno, how can I die twice in a row?), he actually kills me in 7.308 seconds. But no, his class isn't OP at all. :rolleyes:

No other class even comes close to those kinds of numbers for burst damage, and the only reason sages can "out DPS" him at all is because of their AoE spam. Seriously, Bioware. What the heck?

Tremendous damage. Of note is that he popped 3 or 4 cooldowns here. If you notice he crit on every single ability there, so he hit his level 50, fifteen second crit buff (every 2 minutes) with probably a warzone adrenal and a power relic. I can do these sort of crits on my PT every two minutes too if I really want to take one person out. After that, it's not quite so pretty for 2 min. ;)

If someone posted a short log here of a rage jugg, any marauder, deception sin, concealment op etc... popping all their cooldowns to burst one person down -- I guarantee you, it would be even more impressive. :)

Edited by Monterone

I don't think the ability to burn me down in about 5 seconds is balanced, regardless of their own defenses or lack thereof. The fact of the matter is that powertechs do more burst damage than any other class in the game, and they also have some really nice utility to back it up (slows, pulls, etc.).

Show me a combat log where a PT kills you in 5 secs please. A PT can, however, die in 5 secs easily, which can't be said about other classes that can actually do a lot more burst in short periods of time (read: jugg....mara....sin).

Edited by SneiK

Show me a combat log where a PT kills you in 5 secs please. A PT can, however, die in 5 secs easily, which can't be said about other classes that can actually do a lot more burst in short periods of time (read: jugg....mara....sin).

Very true, that PT took longer to kill you with all cooldowns popped, than it would have taken another dps class to burst that PT down with their cooldowns.

Those 3 classes can't. Juggs have a large sweep that needs 4 charges and is on a cool down longer than 5 seconds. Mara's are back heavy on their damage and sin's can open up for over 6k but it slows down later. In fact I'd say merc's or commandos may have had the best shot with stationary grav round spam and an unload.

Considering he was the first Pub Warlord on DR, he'll probably stick with his Vanguard. But then again, he's a healer.

Valor Rank does not equal skill

Yay, another PvEr posting in a PvP thread! Try rolling on a PvP server and you will discover the difference. Be sure to make it to level cap.

Oh you mean the pvp servers where you rarely see anyone to kill while you're out leveling? Le Sigh. "I saw three people all the way to 50! man the pvp was awesome!.

And I'm positive he doesn't. And even if he does, who cares, he's just fighting carebears all day. The biggest difference on a PvP server is the talent opposing you. But you wouldn't know that. It's all just a content thing amirite? Clownz...

You have proof that the talent on your server is so much better than any other?

It's a matter of history mate. If it wasn't a fact that the majority of QQ and nerf threads were started by pretender PvPers that play on carebear servers, then it wouldn't be much of a problem. Of course, WZing against mostly carebears all day doesn't help either.

Pve servers and pvp servers in this game are no different, going to find little to no pvp on a pvp server anyways.

Pyros are not OP. They don't need to be nerfed. More pew pew and less QQ.

I agree. Powertechs are fine.

I would agree that the 1.2 changes to Expertise need to be looked at though. That is more a culprit in TTK and all of this nerf QQ than anything else.

It's probably true.

No chance. I fight against some of the best PvPers in the game on a daily basis. You daily fight against this:

http://bit.ly/KNLiHz

Cross-Server queues are coming. Prepare for heartbreak and poverty.

Yet again do you have proof you fight some of the best pvpers in the game on a daily basis? No so stop running your mouth like you do.

All im saying is that it is absolutely ridiculous that there is even a thread about vanguard/PT being OP and needing a nerf when you have classes like tankassasin that have 10x more utility (Can still use guard, also get a pull, superb defensive cooldowns, stealth) and great DPS to boot, and marauder with some of the best damage and best defensive cooldowns in the game rolled into one class. Vanguard on the other hand may have great burst damage, but lacks any good defensive cooldowns, 25% dmg reduction for 12 sec just cant compare to marauders defensive cooldowns or tankassasins. And kiting melee classes only works against retarded marauders who don't utilize there gap closers, slows, or force camo. Its balanced to have an extremely high DPS class with minimal defensive cooldowns, but to have classes that have high DPS and superb defensive cool downs is just ridiculous for PvP.

What you feel is probably how others feel about their chosen class when they see a thread stating its OP and needs to be nerfed. You even have the same problem of others that "play" the class saying its OP... heck you even had a PT post a video of how he was owning things left and right (one of them being a Sent BTW)...

Something else no one every thinks about, are people like me that do not play Anhilation and Play Carnage, I have since day 15 (My healing sorc was boring) and started to PVP when my Mara was in his 20's and just went from there pre 1.1 thourhg 1.1 and 1.2 and even other Marauders/Sentinels would say Combat/Carnage sucked and Rage/Focus sucked even worse. Even with the free respect, I stuck with Carnage... Pre 1.2 I would say Carnage/Combat was under valued in pvp but nothing scary and agreeably still not as good as Anhilation/Watchman... Post 1.2 my Carnage Mara is more of a threat and not ignored and I have improved my game a lot because of difficulties... Why did I mention this? Again.. If you start talking about the class as a whole being nerfed the other two trees are going to suffer greatly...and revert back to just being annoying rather than productive. Heck even know they still think Carnage/Combat and Rage/Focus are still not the best pvp specs...

If Powertechs were so OP, there would be more of them.

PT/Vanguards are well balanced classes. They can tank well in tank spec, and can really lay on the hurt if DPS spec. However, they can't do both at the same time. PT/VG are a highly mobile class, unlike most others in the game. They can also deal damage from both melee AND range, which allows them to keep constant DPS on a target. You can't get away from them.

Left unchecked, PT/VG will wreak havoc on your team because of all the AoE. 1vs1, more often than not, you're going to lose because of the burst potential. Many classes have the utility to handle being focused in 2vs1. PT/VG do not. Sniper/Gunslinger is also a hard counter for them.

PvP is a TEAM effort, and until 90% of you QQers on these boards get that through your heads, the rest of us will continue to wade through the river of your tears and nerf threads.

Well guys, there's really no point in defending PT's anymore. Those of us that play them and play them WELL are called overpowered. Anyone who gets burned by and can't be skilled enough on their own to beat a PT is going to cry that they're OP. Nevermind the nerf to RS and Tickle from Above. How dare we play so well with the hand we're dealt when there's sooooo many other horrible players out there??

Instead of other people LEARNING how to play their class correctly, lets dumb down everything else. Brilliant F'ing solution...

You sound like us sorcer/sage types that counseled others to learn to interupt and they'd be fine. Yet people still don't interrupt the correct abilities for the correct spec of sorc/sage as they can't in their ADD addled minds say Oh alia is healing I should save my interrupt for her channel, or oh alia is dps I should save my interrupt for TT.

The difference herein being that Sage/Sorc dps can be interupt'd and shut down. PT's is all (except speedshot) on instant abilities one of which (Flameburst) is no longer affected by the global cool down. PTs spec'd correctly can spam Flameburst like it's going out of style as they are shedding heat like it's going out of style.

You called the sage / sorc crowd one button wonders when they were 'OP' and now you are afraid your Jerry's kids class will be corrected to a more balanced perspective? LOL

Everyone knows PT's are still OP!

PT dps is no better than anyone else's dps. You just need to know how to play against them, as with any other class. All classes are glass dps cannons, excluding marauders and shadows of course which can live forever AND shell out crazy damage.