Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?

beepinbeeper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your last sentence that the PvP sucks, now I knew coming in that this game was not going to even come close to topping the best pvp mmos. However it's freakin Star Wars, how the F*** can you make an MMO with the Star Wars IP and not have at least average PvP and an "RvR" planet.

Sorry but that is just unacceptable, and for a "supposed" triple A MMO ,this game has the worst PvP Ive ever seen.

4 Warzones is not PvP....its 10 minute capture the flag with no real endgame consequences......a joke

Go play your eld? This isn't DAoC.

This game was meant to be a story based game with PvP content. Not a PvP game with story included. It's amazing how the masses expect cake with a hundred candles, the surprise party with a hundred friends, and a clown to boot. How you livin' man? You enjoying that house out in Malibu? How about your fifty wives and the yacht?

It's been out 5 months. Do you remember DAoC in the first five months? I do. You know why I didn't care about all the multiple game-breaking bugs in that game? Because the market wasn't inundated with titles that promised they weren't as buggy as the next title. Here's a suggestion: Counterstrike, Borderlands, L4D, Starcraft II...or let's take it back to Dune 2000, Age of Emprires. Heck, play some DoTA if you want to get some PvP in. This is an MMO. If you can't find something to do, it's because you're not looking. I can pull a flashpoint team together in under 5 minutes just shouting in general chat. Why can no one else seem to type "LFG any FP, role: x", or "LFG premade WZs"?

*mutters* I'll just go stealth your keep with my SB...that's PvP right there *sarcasm*

Edited by Darkrite

Ranked WZ: Couldn't care less. Where's the leaderboards for richest guy in the game? Guy with best stats? Guy who has completed most storylines?

Where's the Operations leaderboards showing which guilds killed mobs first?

Where's the Space Flight (ala Star Fox) leaderboards showing which poor slobs have spent the most hours riding the space mission roller coaster?

(And for the record, no, I don't want ANY of them).

8-man queues: oh yay, premades. You've had a bad day, your boss is a complete shmuck, all you wanna do is get out there and flail away at people. You wait 45 minutes, get into a match with 7 other random guys, or better yet, 7 of the 8 people on your team are a premade - their last guy had a link problem and you got his slot - and you spend the next 15 minutes either getting curb stomped, or having your own team tell you over and over that you stole their guy's slot ZOMG **** noob.

Yeah, finger twirl.

1.3 is going to have what the developers put in it. My staying or leaving won't be based on what is or is not in that update. When I quit having fun, I unsubscribe and go find something else to occupy my time. It doesn't require 40 announcements in the forum that I'm not having fun in the game anymore either - it's unsub, uninstall, move on. Why is this so difficult for people to understand and execute these days?

Come on, sing it with me: "Unsub, Uninstall, Move On"

Seriously though, that's just about enough from the entitlement mentality, and the umpteen threads filled with the same ultimatum - "give me my ranked WZ and 8-man queues or ZOMG I'm gonna leave and/or whine some more" - there's like at least 1 new thread every 90 minutes from some QQing little e-peener threatening to take their toys and leave. It's old, it serves no purpose. If you're leaving, leave. If you're staying, stop with the QQing and ultimatums and garbage.

Go play your eld? This isn't DAoC.

This game was meant to be a story based game with PvP content. Not a PvP game with story included. It's amazing how the masses expect cake with a hundred candles, the surprise party with a hundred friends, and a clown to boot. How you livin' man? You enjoying that house out in Malibu? How about your fifty wives and the yacht?

It's been out 5 months. Do you remember DAoC in the first five months? I do. You know why I didn't care about all the multiple game-breaking bugs in that game? Because the market wasn't inundated with titles that promised they weren't as buggy as the next title. Here's a suggestion: Counterstrike, Borderlands, L4D, Starcraft II...or let's take it back to Dune 2000, Age of Emprires. Heck, play some DoTA if you want to get some PvP in. This is an MMO. If you can't find something to do, it's because you're not looking. I can pull a flashpoint team together in under 5 minutes just shouting in general chat. Why can no one else seem to type "LFG any FP, role: x", or "LFG premade WZs"?

Ya well this "story based" MMO just lost 25% + of its playerbase....looks like it wasnt such a great idea huh?

GW 2 has copied alot of DAoC(and I still play my Eld btw).....this game will bleed anyone even half interested in PvP to GW2

1.3 without ranked = PvP population leaving the game. And they said that we will get ranked before the 1.3, can you imagine the rage if they dont do that?.

*wave* don't let the sarlaac bite ya in the arse on the way out the door.

Ya well this "story based" MMO just lost 25% + of its playerbase....looks like it wasnt such a great idea huh?

GW 2 has copied alot of DAoC(and I still play my Eld btw).....this game will bleed anyone even half interested in PvP to GW2

Aw. Too bad. Guess they'll move on to GW2 and QQ on those forums.

The 75% (read: majority of the subs still here), will have to just continue on without them. So sad...so sad.

I mean really...this wasn't expected? Why is this "ground breaking" news on these forums over 25% of a server loss? It happens with new releases. Enjoy your time on GW2 though, I wish you well. Seems like this game is great enough that people want to stay that are leaving, but having a hard time and are thus complaining to vent out frustrations with what they want to see is all it is to me. Admit it, excluding the PvP this game is great, and when more content is released it could be of epic proportions. No? Well I just said it anyhow.

Edited by Darkrite

I plan on staying, I could not care less about ranked warzones or how many people can be in a queue. But I will most likely quit when/if cross server LFG is put in. I can live with the same server LFG, but cross server will most likely drive me away.

1.3 without ranked = PvP population leaving the game. And they said that we will get ranked before the 1.3, can you imagine the rage if they dont do that?.

LOL, no. PvPers will leave when GW2 comes out, with or without ranked WZs...unless there's a PvP overhaul, because right now, Bioware has lost them. Calling the same 3 maps we have "ranked" doesn't suddenly make them fun.

*wave* don't let the sarlaac bite ya in the arse on the way out the door.

That's a terrible attitude. Do you really want people who enjoy PvP to leave? I have 200+ people in my guild...every one of them PvPs...EVERY ONE! We run almost only PvE right now, but EVERY PERSON in the guild also PvPs.

Your attitude helps NO ONE! Please rethink your desire to have players quit.

In all honesty, what is ranked supposed to change about this game? Is anybody gonna have more fun cause they have a rating to show off? On the majority of servers the population is already so low that each pvp match is a circle jerk with the same ppl over and over (from 7pm to midnight), a 8-man queue wouldn't even work because there aren't even enough ppl for 2 full ops (at least that's the situation on my server). You might get your ranked gear faster and in a different color cause now you have your rank to be able to wear it, woohoo, big whoop.

Transfers and server mergers are the number one priority in order not to lose too many customers in the upcoming weeks. A party with free booze and good music is still gonna suck if there aren't enough attendees cause you can only go on for so long, the longer you actually do, the worse it's gonna feel afterwards.

Bring ranked and 8-man queues and ppl are gonna be happy for about a week and start ************ afterwards just like they do now. I myself have cancelled my subscription, not because I think the game sucks, I think it has a lot of potential and am happy for others who still find personal joy in playing it, but because I simply don't really have that much fun any more due to too little to do and other more fun alternatives like summer f.e. Give the game a couple more months to mature and it could turn out to be the MMO everybody was hoping for.

I seriously doubt BW has plans to save this sinking ship. They fired most of their developers last year as game was close to release, and now only have a fraction of the same amount of developers left today. They simply do not have what it takes to save this game.

I think it was a bit of a mistake to announce the ranked warzones feature before it was ready for release. I understand they had to beta test it, but then it should be just ironing out some bugs and testing server capacity etc. But going from about to release, to "back to the drawing board" for another several months can really piss off players.

That being said, I still love this game despite its flaws, and I think it will continue to improve!

I know quite a few die hard BW / SW fans who turned around on their heels the past month and walked away, never to look back.

This is where I would have thought that EA/Bioware would have been smarter. With PC games, once a game is uninstalled on my machine, it never goes back on, whereas with console games, the disk is all it takes to play it again. I'm surprised they didn't realize how much the PC market diminishes over time with the ME2: Shadow Broker DLC. That came out so far past launch, I thought it was a joke. TIME IS CRITICAL!!!

MMOs are no different to me. Once I uninstall it, I'm done...and no patch will fix what I feel is this games biggest problem at the moment - the company ruining...err...running it.

Why are PVE'rs coming into this thread to say that they don't even like PvP and it doesn't matter to them? This is the PvP section of the forums, this thread is clearly meant for PvPers...

What is wrong with you fanboys, jesus...

Why are PVE'rs coming into this thread to say that they don't even like PvP and it doesn't matter to them? This is the PvP section of the forums, this thread is clearly meant for PvPers...

What is wrong with you fanboys, jesus...

Report them and move on. Trolling is trolling and if they are stupid enough to admit they're trolling, report them. It would be the same as if I were to go to the RP section and tell them what I think of RP.

I don't want to be dependent on having 7 good friends available every time I want to pvp. Also, I'm not too interested in getting rolled by those that only play with a full gang to back them up.

On my server there's a pool of about 50 regular players on each side in the level 50 range. Changing the q button to say 'rated' and adding new measuring stats isn't going to change who I fight, how I fight or what I do when I play this game. It will be nice to have bragging rights but is not a make or break feature - most of those thinking otherwise are probably deluded.

I don't want to be dependent on having 7 good friends available every time I want to pvp. Also, I'm not too interested in getting rolled by those that only play with a full gang to back them up.

On my server there's a pool of about 50 regular players on each side in the level 50 range. Changing the q button to say 'rated' and adding new measuring stats isn't going to change who I fight, how I fight or what I do when I play this game. It will be nice to have bragging rights but is not a make or break feature - most of those thinking otherwise are probably deluded.

Never heard of teamwork then? I run a dedicated PvP guild, we don't PvE at all. The ranked feature is a MUST for Guilds like mine, how else are we you supposed to know how good you are in the grand scheme of things. WZ's had the potential be become quite a fun E=Sport to watch and participate in, now all the competition is dropping day by day as the PvP playerbase is not being catered for. Sorry I played WoW for ages and PvE is the same on every MMO now...dull.

We firstly rolled on a server that is now dead (I was the only player on at primetime the other day for 50 mins). Most of us attained BM before the valour buff, a few even had War Hero. We re-rolled on Bloodworthy, and even that seems to be dropping in pop now. Simple fact is that BW have been going at a snails pace with key updates, and concentrating on pointless vanity additions like legacy instead of focussing on the core game issues: low pop / dead servers, Rated WZ's, merges etc. These are the priority issues. To have a major content patch that pretty much un-balances the classes and doesn't address the core issues is just fail. After 6 months of VERY loyal gameplay pretty much my whole guild has just unsubbed, were riding out our last month of gametime + the 30 days free. And going to look for the next project. I'm not going to look back on my time here as i've met some great people who in hope to play with in the future but seriously, best game in years destroyed by inept company.

I stayed when 1.2 didn't have ranked WZs, I'll stay when 1.3 doesn't have them as well.

What use are 8 man queues when it's a struggle to find four people that aren't completely hopeless to group with as it is?

Whats the point of ranked WZs when I'm already waiting 15-30 minutes for a queue at PRIME TIME anyhow?

They have more important things to take care of than ranked wzs and 8 man queues....namely server merges or free transfers.

Never heard of teamwork then? I run a dedicated PvP guild, we don't PvE at all. The ranked feature is a MUST for Guilds like mine, how else are we you supposed to know how good you are in the grand scheme of things.

This made me lol pretty hard.

Are you seriously here pretending that you need ranked WZs to keep track of OTHER people's skill?

Because...keeping track of the grand total of 40 pvpers on your entire server including both factions is just so *********** hard. Right?

Edited by Celebrus