Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?

beepinbeeper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh the fanbois and diehards would stay. every MMO has it's fans. people are still playing Everquest for crying outloud. whether enough people would stay to keep the game viable as PTP, that's the question.

You correct there would be some to stay but even most die hards and fans are crying foul over this game being a very poorly building MMO at this point in time which you can see by the dramatic downsize in player subs and fans. You can take any well built single player game slap servers to it and add some broken PvP and call it an MMO, but the majority and masses will see through it like they are here and be very upset at a p2p that's struggling to tread water.

Most people now want fixes to come faster and promises to be kept because this game in many people's eyes is far from ground breaking and award winning.

i dont think anyone would

i think all the serious pvpers left this game far before ranked warzones were even mentioned.the pvp in this game is a total mess

Wrong. PvP of anykind in this game has no bearing on me leaving or staying.

There is more to MMO's than PvP and there is plenty of PvP already in the game currently. A new WZ was added just in the last patch; most MMO's get a new map once every expansion.

To answer your other question, yes, I would stay... There is more to be done, and hopefully it will get there.

Except their largest map is seriously broken.... that being ILLUM. And since the WZ maps are really not much more than just Ops, there are what, like 12 Ops to do at lvl 50?? There should be at least 8-9 different WZs, or maybe they FIX ILLUM at least.

They need alot more than rated WZs (a laugh), they need more PvP content, cross server ques, and massive class rebalancing.

So short answer, NO..... dunno if I will try GW2 but I am definitely betaing Secret World....

oh and Tribes: Ascend..... a cool FPS that is F2P and lots of fun... try it out!!

If one or the other is not in the game by 1.3 I do not see this game doing well. Don't get me wrong I enjoy this game but this would pretty much destroy the PvP player base as its all we have ever wanted, 1) being able to queue with 8 and 2) having warzones matter.

Last I seen Rank wars zones was coming before 1.3. This may have changed but, it was the last thing I seen on it.

This, last I heard is it was delayed 1.2 but will be out during 1.2 (before 1.3). No idea why we're implying its coming with 1.3.

1.3 is the LFG patch. Meaning we're getting the LFG tool and all the bugs that come with it. Plus a few extra knick knacks like the "Coming Soon" Legacy stuff (and all the bugs that come with THAT).

Well I ended my sub and intend on giving Bioware as many days as I have left to make PvP 'fun' I don't think 8 man queues and ranked war zones will be enough for me at any rate. Although as Daniel mentioned in an interview they weren't expecting such a large pvp community and have apparently shifted their focus onto that. We'll see.

Considering, EA managed to make liars out of Bioware by publishing the subscription numbers when for weeks Bioware have been flat out denying that numbers are reducing. My faith and trust has been given a bit of a kicking :rolleyes:

Exactly. The PVP'ers allways make the mistake of assuming most of the players in a good MMO prefer to PVP. The opposite is true.

You're absolutely correct, the vast majority of MMO Players are attracted to "group PvE" since it takes less brainpower and reaction time to kill scripted AI npcs.

But dont be fooled by this, even though PvE'rs outnumber PvPrs in MMO's , PvPers by themselves have kept a couple MMOs alive . Dark Age of Camelot, while it has a ton of PvE, today 95% of the people that play it play for the awesome PvP it has(voted best pvp mmo ever by several websites and online polls).

The Guild Wars 2 Beta had 150,000 people playing it...thats just beta...for a hardcore pvp MMO .....I like how DAoC did it...if your realm lost too many keeps then you lost the ability to PvE in Darkness Falls.....this feature made sure.that even heavy PvE players HAD to participate in PvP, since it affected both playstyles endgame.

Edited by Jalez

Well I ended my sub and intend on giving Bioware as many days as I have left to make PvP 'fun' I don't think 8 man queues and ranked war zones will be enough for me at any rate. Although as Daniel mentioned in an interview they weren't expecting such a large pvp community and have apparently shifted their focus onto that. We'll see.

Considering, EA managed to make liars out of Bioware by publishing the subscription numbers when for weeks Bioware have been flat out denying that numbers are reducing. My faith and trust has been given a bit of a kicking :rolleyes:

He said they were surprised at how popular the PVP was in TOR, not how "large" the PVP community was. There is a difference when you phrase it correctly. Sure, measures should be taken to improve the PVP play in TOR, but it is not the major , number one reason so many have canceled thier subs.

i dont think anyone would

i think all the serious pvpers left this game far before ranked warzones were even mentioned.the pvp in this game is a total mess

I think you're mistaken, and I know I would stay.

At the moment; I don't have any plans of leaving.

I'm still enjoying the game and my particular server has enough people where finding flash-point groups; and queueing for pvp isn't an issue. As long as this remains true; I don't see a reason to leave.

I really would like to see who would stay.

Not only would I STAY, I'd be THRILLED! We can't support 2 tiers of warzones as it is (1-49 and 50), adding two NEW tiers as ranked does nothing to help queue times. Not only that, but making the current 3 or 4 maps suddenly "ranked", doesn't make them any more fun. PvP sucks in this game.

Not only would I STAY, I'd be THRILLED! We can't support 2 tiers of warzones as it is (1-49 and 50), adding two NEW tiers as ranked does nothing to help queue times. Not only that, but making the current 3 or 4 maps suddenly "ranked", doesn't make them any more fun. PvP sucks in this game.

I agree with your last sentence that the PvP sucks, now I knew coming in that this game was not going to even come close to topping the best pvp mmos. However it's freakin Star Wars, how the F*** can you make an MMO with the Star Wars IP and not have at least average PvP and an "RvR" planet.

Sorry but that is just unacceptable, and for a "supposed" triple A MMO ,this game has the worst PvP Ive ever seen.

4 Warzones is not PvP....its 10 minute capture the flag with no real endgame consequences......a joke

There is more to MMO's than PvP and there is plenty of PvP already in the game currently. A new WZ was added just in the last patch; most MMO's get a new map once every expansion.

To answer your other question, yes, I would stay... There is more to be done, and hopefully it will get there.

I disagree that Wz´s are content.

Wow has like 10? but they all suck (sorry my manners) except Warsong and Arathi Basin.

Seriously we had only Warsong at vanilla (+ one constant running AV 24/7) and we loved it. You dont need a big amount of WZ´s for good pvp, just like you dont need many maps at a shooter.

What you need is a working system, that does balance the pvp so that equal teams meet each other and that everyone in that system has something to achieve.

At vanilla this worked well, there was only premade pvp but one that also solo players could q up for. Ofc a guild team was in favor, but a solo q could get to 10 , 11 and get a free mount and a pvp set.

You really dont need many maps, 1 is sufficent if its well balanced.

What this game needs pvp wise is a working system, solo q meets solo q and premade q meets premade. Then for both system a ladder with rewards that are worth going for.

Edited by RachelAnne

4 Warzones is not PvP....its 10 minute capture the flag with no real endgame consequences......a joke
No no no...that's not true...you get new gear to grind and like stims and cars and stuff...

It's just silly. If I wanted to play a game where PvP was restricted to tiny maps with timers, I'd be playing Call of Duty. At least they're smart enough to release their games with more than 3 flipping maps - and map packs within 60 days.