Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?

beepinbeeper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would like to see who would stay.

Well obviously there's busses of people still quitting regardless, so not many people would stay no matter what they promise, because lately they are having issues on keeping them. Not to mention content is severely lack so 2 minor things won't solve all the major they are missing and promised when they said ground breaking and award winning MMORPG.

There is more to MMO's than PvP and there is plenty of PvP already in the game currently. A new WZ was added just in the last patch; most MMO's get a new map once every expansion.

To answer your other question, yes, I would stay... There is more to be done, and hopefully it will get there.

1.3 Isn't going to have any of these things. They've made it very clear.

It's time for us to move on, bud.

^this. The latest I've heard (take that for what it's worth) was the interview linked on Massively (sorry, lazy tonight) it sounded like Schubert and Daniel were saying that 1.3 is mostly the 'LFG patch' with a few more Legacy features added. Again, take that for what it's worth.

^this. The latest I've heard (take that for what it's worth) was the interview linked on Massively (sorry, lazy tonight) it sounded like Schubert and Daniel were saying that 1.3 is mostly the 'LFG patch' with a few more Legacy features added. Again, take that for what it's worth.

They've talked about ranked warzones coming separately to 1.3, same as character transfers. Its in the latest podcast.

They've talked about ranked warzones coming separately to 1.3, same as character transfers. Its in the latest podcast.

I only heard them say those were coming 'soon'. I could very easily have missed something though (or maybe we're thinking of different podcasts). Either way, I'd actually be happy if I were wrong and you right ;)

8 man queues can't happen until cross server warzones.

My server is medium pop, and if we had 8 man queues we'd never lose another match. When we queue as 2 groups of four at the same time, the only time we lose is when we get unlucky and play against each other. There just isn't enough sustainable 8 man teams on each server to keep it interesting if 8 man queues were implemeneted. It'd either be a 3-4 hour queue time on most servers, or playing the same teams over and over again.

Probably a reason ranked hasn't come out either. Ranked or 8 man queue just can't happen until cross server is possible... If it does, it'd give people another reason to be irritated with this game.

There is more to MMO's than PvP and there is plenty of PvP already in the game currently. A new WZ was added just in the last patch; most MMO's get a new map once every expansion.

To answer your other question, yes, I would stay... There is more to be done, and hopefully it will get there.

The poll has already come and gone, and most of the people here are more focused on the PVP side rather than the PVE side...

There's a reason you hear so much about the fatman server... just sayin'.

The biggest thing I hear people on my servers say they want to transfer there for, is so that they dont have to wait 20-40 minutes for a warzone que to pop up.

8 man queues can't happen until cross server warzones.

My server is medium pop, and if we had 8 man queues we'd never lose another match. When we queue as 2 groups of four at the same time, the only time we lose is when we get unlucky and play against each other. There just isn't enough sustainable 8 man teams on each server to keep it interesting if 8 man queues were implemeneted. It'd either be a 3-4 hour queue time on most servers, or playing the same teams over and over again.

Probably a reason ranked hasn't come out either. Ranked or 8 man queue just can't happen until cross server is possible... If it does, it'd give people another reason to be irritated with this game.

This.

It's already a faceroll when a good 4 man premade hits the warzones, if pvp guilds fielded 8 mans it wouldn't be fun for anyone. Not including 8man quing and ranked in 1.2 or even 1.3 is a good decision by BW.

Having said that, cross server quing and ranked HAVE to be close to the very top of the "to get done asap" list.

If they plan on releasing 1.3 in early summer, along with the server transfers, cross realm queues, cross realm pvp, server merges and by "early summer" they mean "before the free month we gave everyone" runs out, then yea it might have a chance of keeping people.

oh the fanbois and diehards would stay. every MMO has it's fans. people are still playing Everquest for crying outloud. whether enough people would stay to keep the game viable as PTP, that's the question.

You correct there would be some to stay but even most die hards and fans are crying foul over this game being a very poorly building MMO at this point in time which you can see by the dramatic downsize in player subs and fans. You can take any well built single player game slap servers to it and add some broken PvP and call it an MMO, but the majority and masses will see through it like they are here and be very upset at a p2p that's struggling to tread water.

Most people now want fixes to come faster and promises to be kept because this game in many people's eyes is far from ground breaking and award winning.