Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?

beepinbeeper

Never heard of teamwork then? I run a dedicated PvP guild, we don't PvE at all. The ranked feature is a MUST for Guilds like mine, how else are we you supposed to know how good you are in the grand scheme of things. WZ's had the potential be become quite a fun E=Sport to watch and participate in, now all the competition is dropping day by day as the PvP playerbase is not being catered for. Sorry I played WoW for ages and PvE is the same on every MMO now...dull.

We firstly rolled on a server that is now dead (I was the only player on at primetime the other day for 50 mins). Most of us attained BM before the valour buff, a few even had War Hero. We re-rolled on Bloodworthy, and even that seems to be dropping in pop now. Simple fact is that BW have been going at a snails pace with key updates, and concentrating on pointless vanity additions like legacy instead of focussing on the core game issues: low pop / dead servers, Rated WZ's, merges etc. These are the priority issues. To have a major content patch that pretty much un-balances the classes and doesn't address the core issues is just fail. After 6 months of VERY loyal gameplay pretty much my whole guild has just unsubbed, were riding out our last month of gametime + the 30 days free. And going to look for the next project. I'm not going to look back on my time here as i've met some great people who in hope to play with in the future but seriously, best game in years destroyed by inept company.

You better make sure to hold firmly onto your members the upcoming months, as a way better PvP game is about to hit the shelves. Simple fact is that BW does not use snail pace as for their patching and balancing. If they did, they would most likely not screw up at the rate they are doing atm. Introducing as big changes as they did in 1.2, is a no-go for a MMO. You do these steps one at a time, carefully examining the effects of each one. When you introduce a big pile of changes at the same time, it becomes very hard to figure out where to start when you realize that balancing is still needed.

Baby-step procedure and cumulative effects are seemingly unknown terms at BW.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me lol pretty hard.

Are you seriously here pretending that you need ranked WZs to keep track of OTHER people's skill?

Because...keeping track of the grand total of 40 pvpers on your entire server including both factions is just so *********** hard. Right?

40 pvpers on my whole server? I have 40 (well 37) solid PvP playes in my Guild alone right now. Bloodworthy is very good for PvP guilds in general. Its called being competitive, never heard of it? People who take PvP seriously want to know just how good they are, as everyone of them is aiming for a No.1 spot. We already know we are one of the best on the server, we want to know how we fare against the rest of the servers. (I.E ranked should be X-server or not at all)

You better make sure to hold firmly onto your members the upcoming months, as a way better PvP game is about to hit the shelves. Simple fact is that BW does not use snail pace as for their patching and balancing. If they did, they would most likely not screw up at the rate they are doing atm. Introducing as big changes as they did in 1.2, is a no-go for a MMO. You do these steps one at a time, carefully examining the effects of each one. When you introduce a big pile of changes at the same time, it becomes very hard to figure out where to start when you realize that balancing is still needed.

Baby-step procedure and cumulative effects are seemingly unknown terms at BW.

Naah with the delay on ranked to possibly past 1.3 we will all be gone by then, myself included. I hadn't inteneded on looking for another game for a good while but at this rate its going to be a year from release before all these things are done...X-server PvP, Ranked WZ's, Char Migration, closing dead servers (The Kumumgah being one of the worst where I started this game). Sorry BW, i've been very faithful to this game until now but its like watching paint dry!!! Who wants to hear about Legacy when all this core content is still to be added. Getting way beyond a joke now! So yeh myself who has been abjectly against GW2 as I couldn;t be bothered to play yet another MMO has now literally been FORCED to order as this is getting stale so fast now without higher levels of play. Its just not fun taking a 4 man or even 8 man if we are lucky with queues just to stomp nabs in WZ's

Edited by vibenode

I am in a guild that was considered to be the best PvP guild Imps side on my server, we are now gone. Looking back at the game sometime as we all love Star Wars. Last time we did, we saw the only changes was that instead of 3 win, you needed 6 game played for the daily...

Ya... definetly not gonna bring us back.

Seriously, fix this before our sub expire as we really liked the concept of the game, but the implementation is lacking.

(This is not a FIX OR UNSUB post threat, we're gone, just wish things were different)

I really would like to see who would stay.

Why would ranked wz help u stay?

They ll just take the place of normal wz that we have now...

I dont think ppl will bother to join normal wz to get 3 or more times less reward...

40 pvpers on my whole server? I have 40 (well 37) solid PvP playes in my Guild alone right now. Bloodworthy is very good for PvP guilds in general. Its called being competitive, never heard of it? People who take PvP seriously want to know just how good they are, as everyone of them is aiming for a No.1 spot. We already know we are one of the best on the server, we want to know how we fare against the rest of the servers. (I.E ranked should be X-server or not at all)

If this really is the BIG reason that most people wanted ranked warzones then it's actually kind of pathetic.

You're basically saying that you need reassurance because simply knowing that you're one of the best just isn't good enough. You need a number next to your name stating how great you are so that others can see it and instantly know you're an "uber awesome pro competitive pvper".

That being said. There is no pressing need for ranked warzones that I can interpret from anything you've said. It's more or less just going to be there so that you and others like you don't lose track of their enormous e-peen. Seriously. You are threatening to leave the game if Bioware doesn't pad your ego by denoting your pvp rank. Wow.

Edited by Celebrus

Its pathetic to be competitive? Some people just aim higher than others. This is what your saying...You dont think like me therefore you are wrong. Yeh cool story brah.

What is wrong with wanting to achieve something? I get great pleasure playing PC games and also great pleasure knowing how well IM performing, Its not for recognition by anyone else, it's for myself.

You think SC2 or LoL would be popular with that attitude? The brand is promoted through streams and E-Sport events with the best people. You think they are pathetic? Its a perfectly normal human response to want clarification and achieve sometthing, no matter how large or small.

It's a great shame that everytime anyone posts their views there is some jaded individual who needs to belittle others opinions and group you in with a stereotype for PvP players.

Edited by vibenode

If this really is the BIG reason that most people wanted ranked warzones then it's actually kind of pathetic.

You're basically saying that you need reassurance because simply knowing that you're one of the best just isn't good enough. You need a number next to your name stating how great you are so that others can see it and instantly know you're an "uber awesome pro competitive pvper".

That being said. There is no pressing need for ranked warzones that I can interpret from anything you've said. It's more or less just going to be there so that you and others like you don't lose track of their enormous e-peen. Seriously. You are threatening to leave the game if Bioware doesn't pad your ego by denoting your pvp rank. Wow.

So all those PvE guilds who like to track their progression are pathetic too, right? For me, a PvP player, things have become VERY stale. I have been doing nothing but PvP since I started playing the game at release... I log on and do nothing but PvP because it's the only thing that interests me anymore... I was a hardcore PvEer in WoW from Burning Crusade to Cataclysm, so I really have no interest in doing that again in another game.

As I said, the PvP has become stale. Cross server WZ would maybe help but the fact is that I have been waiting for ranked since it was announced it would be coming with 1.2... Then 1.2 hits and they say they're not implementing it yet... I remained patient, hoping that it would come soon. The news that it may not even be put in 1.3 is just unacceptable... This week I have found it difficult to log into the game because I have become tired of the endless grind and just want to get down to the competitive PvP play...

PVP is SUPPOSED to be competitive, that's the point of it, and if you think differently then you're not a PvP player...

The thread is titled 'Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?'

...not me, that's for damn sure. Infact, I'm cancelling my subscription the second I've posted this because I don't see the point in wasting £8.99 on a game that has become stagnant for me...

This isn't me threatening to quit because Bioware won't pad my e-peen... This is me QUITTING because I am not being given the service I pay for.

Diablo 3 in 5 days, right?

Why does everybody make it seem like once you unsubscribe YOU CAN NEVER COME BACK. If there is a feature that you won't play the game without, just unsub and come back later. I assume that many of the players who have left enjoyed the game, but were frustrated with the poor implentation. I reckon a large amount of them will come back once they hear of 8 man / rated pvp. There are always people commenting on the forums about how they have unsubbed, so why are they still commenting? It's because they are regularly checking back on the forums to see if the game has sorted itself out so they can come back.

No, I won't be coming back I'm afraid. This sort of thing highlights how inept BioWare are when it comes to PvP and makes me question whether it will ever get better... Sure, in 6 months they may implement ranked but how long is it going to be before their next failure? I question their ability to run a successful MMO...

After many years of dedicated WoW play maybe my standards are high but, considering the WoW subscription and the SWTOR subscription are the exact same price, shouldn't I expect the same level of service that Blizzard provide? WoW didn't add rated battlegrounds until Cataclysm... but in the same breath, they didn't announce it to be implemented and then decide to wait until patch 4.6 before they did...

The MASSIVE changes BioWare made with 1.2 were also ridiculous considering the game is still in it's infancy.

SWTOR = Rift v.2

Edited by LeetPwnstar

So all those PvE guilds who like to track their progression are pathetic too, right? For me, a PvP player, things have become VERY stale. I have been doing nothing but PvP since I started playing the game at release... I log on and do nothing but PvP because it's the only thing that interests me anymore... I was a hardcore PvEer in WoW from Burning Crusade to Cataclysm, so I really have no interest in doing that again in another game.

As I said, the PvP has become stale. Cross server WZ would maybe help but the fact is that I have been waiting for ranked since it was announced it would be coming with 1.2... Then 1.2 hits and they say they're not implementing it yet... I remained patient, hoping that it would come soon. The news that it may not even be put in 1.3 is just unacceptable... This week I have found it difficult to log into the game because I have become tired of the endless grind and just want to get down to the competitive PvP play...

PVP is SUPPOSED to be competitive, that's the point of it, and if you think differently then you're not a PvP player...

The thread is titled 'Who would stay, If 1.3 did Not have ranked or 8 man queue?'

...not me, that's for damn sure. Infact, I'm cancelling my subscription the second I've posted this because I don't see the point in wasting £8.99 on a game that has become stagnant for me...

This isn't me threatening to quit because Bioware won't pad my e-peen... This is me QUITTING because I am not being given the service I pay for.

Diablo 3 in 5 days, right?

Did you really think that even if they suddenly made the warzones "ranked", they'd be less stale? Not only is it the same 3 or 4 maps with absolutely no change, the ranking won't even matter. This was just filer and a time sink because it was "pre-season" and they've stated they would wipe the progress...

PvP is a flipping disaster...1.3 and ranking do nothing to help it.

Did you really think that even if they suddenly made the warzones "ranked", they'd be less stale? Not only is it the same 3 or 4 maps with absolutely no change, the ranking won't even matter. This was just filer and a time sink because it was "pre-season" and they've stated they would wipe the progress...

I find myself agreeing with you to be honest... I guess I was just hoping competitive pre-made vs. pre-made would at least make it somewhat more enjoyable, but it'd just be papering over the cracks. This game had so much potential and now, for me at least, it's been destroyed. Guess it's time to go back to the xbox and Fifa 12...

Just Give PVPers something to do.

I'm here to PVP. I'll stay until the last of my friends leave, and that day is coming, try as I might to stop it.

I don't care about shinies and trinkets. I know how to have a good time, I play on a server with a lot of my SWG allies and adversaries and we chase each other around and PVP and it's always fun. As long as we have something to do besides run prepackaged PVE instances we'd all play this game.

Thing is, they nerfed Ilum because of the whining about lag. Hey, that was something to do. They said they would replace it with ranked wzs. They haven't yet.

It was OK, at least we had Tatooine during the Rakhgoul plague. We had an ops down there fighting imps around the clock, helping the outnumbered Republic PVEers get their quests done and make it to the vendor alive to cash in. It was fun for everyone.

My friends are leaving, I can't keep them here with loot or PVE. They're thrill-seeking PVPers. Gaming is a competitive sport to them, not a grind.

Just look at this forum. People here keep posting "I dont care about PVP". And that's fine, but where did the PVPers go?

It's a very different forum community than we had a month ago. People didn't change their mind about PVP, Bioware caved in to whiners and most of the PVPers left with nothing to do.

In hindsight, I hope Bioware realizes that emptying out Ilum because whiners were screaming "TOO MUCH LAG" was a very bad approach. Nerfing whole playstyles to reduce lag by reducing the playerbase is not a fix.

I am a pvper, and I would stay.

I still have faith in this game, its a great game and I think it will continue to get better and better. Patience young padawans. I also think this 400k unsubs, is only temporary, people are waiting to see how things develop before they continue to shell out the monthly fee.

Edited by Nocturnix

My friends are leaving, I can't keep them here with loot or PVE. They're thrill-seeking PVPers. Gaming is a competitive sport to them, not a grind.

^This...

I don't want to grind for hours and hours to get a piece of gear. I couldn't give a crap about gear, it's the competition that keeps me interested.

They wouldn't be less stale, they'd be seamless with world PVP and scrub free.

We could run around and world PVP in an 8-man ops and queue when it got slow, load in, load out (still in a group), and get back to looking for imps to kill.

Right now, it takes a full time secretary to manage a group queueing for warzones, and you get crammed in with players who just wanna farm medals or whatever.

Warzones are more fun when you have options, when they are the only option they kinda suck.

And we had tons of fun PVPing on Tat for a few weeks, then the plague ended and we started warzoning again.

Suddenly we're seeing level 80+ valor players we haven't even seen before in wzs lol. And they just wanna spend their time farming medals, they are perfectly happy losing, because all the competitive Rep PVPers didn't have time to warzone between defending our turf in the black hole and tatooine.

So my friends don't wanna deal with fellow Reps talking about how fighting imps is impossible in every warzone. It's often a full-time legal argument from start to finish. We don't mind PVPing with sucky players on our side, sucky attitudes ruin it for us.

If they just gave us the chance to choose 8 players, we wouldn't even have to. Because noone would sit there QQing in a warzone if we had the option to find 8 like minded players and group up without them.

Just Give PVPers something to do.

I'm here to PVP. I'll stay until the last of my friends leave, and that day is coming, try as I might to stop it.

I don't care about shinies and trinkets. I know how to have a good time, I play on a server with a lot of my SWG allies and adversaries and we chase each other around and PVP and it's always fun. As long as we have something to do besides run prepackaged PVE instances we'd all play this game.

Thing is, they nerfed Ilum because of the whining about lag. Hey, that was something to do. They said they would replace it with ranked wzs. They haven't yet.

It was OK, at least we had Tatooine during the Rakhgoul plague. We had an ops down there fighting imps around the clock, helping the outnumbered Republic PVEers get their quests done and make it to the vendor alive to cash in. It was fun for everyone.

Just look at this forum. People here keep posting "I dont care about PVP". And that's fine, but where did the PVPers go?

It's a very different forum community than we had a month ago. People didn't change their mind about PVP, Bioware caved in to whiners and most of the PVPers left with nothing to do.

In hindsight, I hope Bioware realizes that emptying out Ilum because whiners were screaming "TOO MUCH LAG" was a very bad approach. Nerfing whole playstyles to reduce lag by reducing the playerbase is not a fix.

Fantastic post! You're dead on with Ilum too.