The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

Halofax

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the real deal. There was a vote. Most of you guys probably missed it and that's okay.

Basically they sat the Republic Decorating Committee down and asked us where we would like to spend the funds.

Here is the transcript.

Republic Leaders: Would you like better tents or more booze?

Committee: More booze please.

Republic Leaders: What kind of droids would you like in the station?

Committee: We would like droids that bring us booze.

Republic Leaders: What if they were secret Imperial spy droids?

Committee: Do we still get the booze?

Republic Leaders: Yes.

Committee: Then we would like the evil Imperial spy droids that bring us more booze please.

Republic Leaders: How about Cargo Bays? Would you like more cargo bays?

Committee: Will the cargo bays be full of booze?

Republic Leaders: No.

Committee: We don't get it.

Republic Leaders: How about some lovely holographic trees?

Committee: Holographic what? No, if we drink enough we can hallucinate our own trees.

Republic Leaders: Open Forum. Is there anything specific you would like in the fleet?

Committee: Yea, it would be cool if there was a pond or a fountain. Something we could piss and puke in after we drink all the booze. None of us have ever found a toilet in this place. We usually just piss in the corner and throw some trash over it, but we are running out of space.

So there you have it.

If you look at the two hallways, they are the exact same floor model, except ours is poo brown and theirs has trees and droids.

Explain to me why Bioware would conciously decide to make their fleet more detailed?

Because Bioware likes the Empire.

Bioware plays the Sith/Empire side :eek:

How can people be surprised by this? Every mmo out there the evil/dark/emo side clearly has more effort placed into it than the good/light/happy side. Better spell effects, cooler armours, better storylines, the list goes on.

Things like this only proves that bioware most likely started with empire, started to run out of time and/or funds, then put republic together from left over textures, sewer water and haste.

>_<

Cherry pick the pictures much? Why didn't you just stick a picture of the PvP quest terminal area for Empire, with everyone hanging out in front of it? I mean, yuo chose the pretty one with the nice trees and stuff as it is. Then just post the commendation vendor hallway for Republic since that one is generally empty at all times. If we're going to express concerns abotu poulation or the manner in which BW has insstanced everything etc., we might as well do it HONESTLY so that the issue can be understood in a realistic manner and fixes and patches can address it accurately.

"So now, it is fairly obvious the Republic Fleet is either an unfinished area, or was MEANT to look like a homeless shelter."

You are the underdog upstart rebellion fighting a massive EMPIRE of considerable wealth, strength, influence and reach. I think it makes perfect sense for the Republic to look somewhat like they're the struggling underground revolution operation.

Edited by Blotter

Cherry pick the pictures much? Why didn't you just stick a picture of the PvP quest terminal area for Empire, with everyone hanging out in front of it? I mean, yuo chose the pretty one with the nice trees and stuff as it is. Then just post the commendation vendor hallway for Republic since that one is generally empty at all times. If we're going to express concerns abotu poulation or the manner in which BW has insstanced everything etc., we might as well do it HONESTLY so that the issue can be understood in a realistic manner and fixes and patches can address it accurately.

"So now, it is fairly obvious the Republic Fleet is either an unfinished area, or was MEANT to look like a homeless shelter."

You are the underdog upstart rebellion fighting a massive EMPIRE of considerable wealth, strength, influence and reach. I think it makes perfect sense for the Republic to look somewhat like they're the struggling underground revolution operation.

For starters, the Empire is the upstart faction in TOR, it only just resurfaced, Republic has been around longer and was the power centre (did you even watch the intro movies??)

Secondly the Republic fleet looks and feels rundown, it doesn't feel space age. It feels like it belongs on Tattooine in Mos Eisley or Anchorhead. The reflections for Republic fleet weren't even done properly, they reflect imperial symbols. This is incredibly poor. Its clear BW didn't put as much effort into Republic. The storylines are less interesting and far more repetitive, companions have a lot of gear issues with customisation (Assault Rifles with cunning, not customisable techblade for Qyzen). More Republic abilities suffer from bugs (Full Auto for example) or have massive animation delays (Mortar Volley).

Seriously, the drab fleet is just one more reason why Republic is empty. I like being in an underdog faction usually but in SWTOR the lack of art, bugs and other issues doesn't even make that worthwhile.

Wow, this literally made me lol. I'm 100% positive you have never played this game. Ever. You have to be trolling, or really failing at being sarcastic.

To the people saying that the Republic Fleet is better... you're wrong. LOOK AT THE PICTURES. They aren't "cherry picked." That is how the RF and IF look, bad and good.

Bioware really REALLY wants the Republic to be the "Rebel Alliance" of this time period. They've gone so far with their cloning of the original trilogy that they literally are turning the massive galactic republic into a poor, struggling, garbage dump faction.

That being said, I don't think the republic fleet is all that bad and I love the design of the capital ships that you can board (much more than the silly star destroyer galactic empire clones)

For starters, the Empire is the upstart faction in TOR, it only just resurfaced, Republic has been around longer and was the power centre (did you even watch the intro movies??)

Secondly the Republic fleet looks and feels rundown, it doesn't feel space age. It feels like it belongs on Tattooine in Mos Eisley or Anchorhead. The reflections for Republic fleet weren't even done properly, they reflect imperial symbols. This is incredibly poor. Its clear BW didn't put as much effort into Republic. The storylines are less interesting and far more repetitive, companions have a lot of gear issues with customisation (Assault Rifles with cunning, not customisable techblade for Qyzen). More Republic abilities suffer from bugs (Full Auto for example) or have massive animation delays (Mortar Volley).

Seriously, the drab fleet is just one more reason why Republic is empty. I like being in an underdog faction usually but in SWTOR the lack of art, bugs and other issues doesn't even make that worthwhile.

so lets sum up the disadvantages from playing republic. those are really minor issues, it's just a mere coincidence the majority of players chose to play empire.

- longer animation delays

- companion itemization issues (Qyzen lack of a customizable weapon and other weapons unusable due to stat combination)

- poorer graphical details and animation

- the jedi knight which is kind of a Republic trademark compared in efficiency to the purple lightning shooting Sith Sorcerer

- gear, specially considering colors and details when you compare a Jedi robes to Sith clothing

- the slow progression paced Jedi starting world compared to the fast paced Sith starting world

- Coruscant in several aspects compared to Dromund Kaas

- Obstacles inside the republic fleet like walls forcing players to walk a little bit more to reach the trainers or traders

- story lines specially regarding companions background and development in several cases

In the empire you can be bright good or even rotten to the core and get rid of the nasty looking Sith corruption for being evil by simply disabling it on the interface.

Add to that the Ilum incident when several Republic players became trapped by a horde of imperials unable to leave the planet and got repeatedly killed for valor for hours and hours and not a single adjustment regarding the value for valor has in PVP or a valor rollback was done.

It's a mere coincidence that the majority of players choose to play on the Empire and it's nobody fault players choose to play on the Empire more and more each passing day.

Good luck to you Empire's valor cows.

It's presented fairly well. The moment you walk into the Republic you given a sense that everything is being put into the war effort and trying to survive. I don't play a Republic character but my son does and seeing some of the missions and how it's presented you really get a sense that they are hanging on by a thread. Everything is dingy, drab, dented, and if it's not pivotal for life it's left to decay. Yet, when you look deep into the core of the Republic you can see something unified and beautiful.

On the Empire side you are left with a sense that whenever we want we could finish off the Republic. You get a sense that the Empire has money and doesn't know what to do with it. It's not the Republic the Governments worry about but the massive hulk of an Empire outside their gates. As you play though you do get a sense that for all it's wealth and glory the inside is decayed and dying. We have Lords plotting Assassinations against each other, people who grumble about oppressive conditions, and so on. The Empire is tearing itself apart from the inside out.

The Republic reminds me of when I went through Czechslovakia after the wall came down. The entire town on the outskirts was devastated and just rubble. In the middle though it became an enchanted wonderland of gazebos, statues, creeks, and happiness. The people of this town had taken everything they had and saved the last bit of beauty that their town had to offer. All of this despite the U.S.S.R. Communistic destruction. Out of everything in Europe that I had seen this enchanted place is what I remember best.

This is the worst complaint I've ever seen. Seriously.

They're working with what the Lore has given them.

Sorry that people would like to spend their time in a nice looking place? When I first stepped into the Imp Fleet on my alt I literally said "wow, this is so much nicer than the Republic Fleet." What's sad is that everyone in my guild agreed with me.

It's just that much brighter and livelier for the Empire.

I'm not going to say I like the Republic fleet, but I don't really hate it. I'll give a rundown of how I feel about each one:

R) Republic fleet shows how old the Republic is, at least in my opinion. What is the point in making a new space station when they have a perfectly functioning old one? Yeah it looks old as ****, and could be cleaned up quite a bit, but why waste the money? It's been around for a very long time (20,000 years iirc), so why fix what isn't mostly broken?

I) Imperial fleet shows how new all of their **** is, once again in my opinion. They just recently became a large enough force to overthrow the Republic, but they haven't had any of the resources that the Republic has had. So in that sense, of course their space station is going to look new and spiffy. All of their stuff is going to, hell I'm sure only half of their ships have even seen combat, while 99% if not 100% of the Republic ones have been to hell and back.

TL;DR - The Republic is old, all of their **** is old, so it is going to look old. Empire is new, all of their **** is pretty much brand new, so it is going to look new.

Old =/= brown with yellow lights and brown fog.

LMAO.

I just put some screenshots up in a thread complaining about the same things.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294320

When I played my Pub toon to the point of getting to the Fleet, I was floored at the differences.

In a bad way.

I guess it's the lore but still...what an unattractive environment.

- DH