The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

Halofax

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what was intended, the fact of the matter is that the Republic Fleet looks like it was designed by a homeless person. Heck, I'd donate a few hundred thousand credits to decorate it a bit. At least we could hire some NPCs to walk around and make the place look a little lively.

what the hell are you talking about

He says that the republic from SWTOR becomes the Galactic Empire 3000 or so years later when Palpatine becomes emperor.

But yeah, empire's fleet is a bit more modern looking and all, but it doesn't matter to me, both are well done IMO, and yeah...the floor reflects the empire's flags, i noticed it too (can be seen much better if you adjust your graphics drivers to use a negative LOD value, indeed).

Edited by BanzaiChigau

what the hell are you talking about

He's talking about the whole...you know...part where Senator Palpatine / Darth Sidious overthrew the galactic senate, became the Emperor and took over, making most everything part of the Empire referenced in episodes IV, V, and VI.

In my opinion, the Fleets should be ditched. Altogether I find them boring and uninspiring with their circular design and repetitive environments. They should expand Dromund Kass and Coruscant to have "city" areas. Coruscant could have different plazas and large towers with a nice overview of the city.

Who's with me?

I agree. I don't really know why the fleet is the hub of all things. The capitols have a lot more character-- especially Coruscant.

Wow, I like the Republic Fleet a lot better. I had no idea it was like that. I'm serious, I'm not trolling. It just looks like it is nowhere near as cluttered, and is easier to navigate. The whole point of the fleet to me is a place to go to vendors, pick up dailies, and get groups for FP's. It's not a place I want to hang out all day because of aesthetic reasons

i thought the layout was the same for both factions mimicking a bigger version of Shattrath. oops, I did it again.

I do like the colors of the Republic's better. Also there are some nice touches with it with the little areas that have water where the empire has DROP DOWN DEATH AREAS.

Ever had one of the Republic astromech droids come rolling up to you...carrying a tray of cocktails like you were on a Hutt's pleasure barge? Happened to me while at the GTN terminal, of all places.

Yeah, the place feels more like a Hutta station rather than a Republic Fleet, especially with all the holographic ads and droids carrying drinks. Are we just renting it from them or something? The Hutts did play a part in my Jedi's storyline...

Let's hope that guild ship interiors look better, or the GMs are able to customize the inside. That will be enough for now and then address the Republic fleet decor at a later date.

I really like the open areas for the vendors in the Empirial side. The closed walls for the republic make it look cluttered. It should be more harmonious and relaxing on the Republic side.

I know it sounds silly, but I'd love something like the Citadel from Mass Effect. Nice and bright with fountains and plantlife. Unrealistic I know, but something like that but akin to the Star Wars universe.

Not gonna lie, I genuinely prefer the republic fleet. I much prefer the colour palette, and that fountain area is awesome. The only thing i like better about the imperial fleet are those hologram trees which I think the republic fleet could use too (perhaps in a different colour). Also not a fan of those random tents on the republic fleet, but overall i still prefer it to the empire.

All that being said though, this is coming from an imperial player so maybe i just like whats different to what im used to. I can also see where your coming from on all of your points OP and can understand why others would agree with you, i just personally disagree.

Edited by drosalion

I said this some other times in other threads...

Republic Fleet looks like a Nar Shaddaa themed version of the Empire Fleet. Looks dirty, dim lighted, shady and generally like some poor lower Nar Shaddaa district. Now you tell me, why oh why does it look like some Hutt crap city instead of a welcoming republic grey/white/red fleet? Look at the loading screenshot, THAT is the way it should look, not this garbage we've been given.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.