The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

Halofax

Just saying, in the second round of pictures displayed, the Republic fleet even has yellow fog in it, all around the lights and above the roof.

Maybe it is a bug that it is colored in this way?

I cant reasonably believe they purposely downwashed it into brown and yellow.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you this was intended lol. Everything the gear the RF all of it.

We are seeing the square block(MMO) trying to be rammed in to the round hole (sprpg)

If you do your quests and have been paying attention the republic is at its lowest point and the Empire is reaching its height.

Like I said works awesome for an epic sp RPG but in a mmo not so much you rehash same areas to much the subtle artistic designs grow old over time.

Where as just a set piece for atmosphere to set the tone in sp game it works. While this may sound like I'm agreeing with the design decisions , I'm not I think the RF needs to have more shinies lol.

Just I feel saying it was left undone is conspiratorial at best like we all have been slighted in some way.

Id like to point out that the color accents on the droid are brown.

And that you can see red lights (empire fleet) reflected on its "head"

Are you suggesting that it's not on the republic fleet? I'll happily post the full screenshot. It's not as though I hide my characters, as you can tell from my signature.

http://i.imgur.com/iaPEK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RT7be.jpg

EDIT: I missed your post about the textures reflecting Imperial details.

Edited by Ronamo

I like both of them. I spend more time on the Republic Fleet than the Imperial Fleet by far, and I've never cared that it looks the way it does.

Seems fine to me, although I wouldn't be opposed to someone continuing to show both fleets some love and keep building them out.

This is what you originally said (emphasis mine):

So, it seems that the BH tagging quest NPC is the only quest giver in DK city....and that the Warrior and Inquis trainers (both in the Citadel, inaccessible without a taxi ride) don't count in the set of "every single trainer".

If you'd said "DK has two of 4 class trainers and ONE quest giver within walking distance of the GTN and the skill mentor", you'd have been accurate.

....but that doesn't support your point nearly as well, does it?

Also, I'm not your "guy", buddy.

And? Dromund Kaas is still designed MUCH better it's the reason I prefer leveling alts as Empire because going from Korriban/Hutta to Dromund Kaas is much better than go to Corascuant. Dromund Kaas could have been the capital if Bioware had chose to do so and I think people probably would have liked it. It does have everything minus pvp vendors.

Lol @ "guy" but buddy is fine? o.0

Finished act 1 a bit ago. Seemed like the republic worlds were being decimated by the empire. I have seen the story for knight and Consular so far.

Don't get me wrong here i am agreeing with a lot of this like armor and the RF looking crappy its sad but it all ties to the story i think thus far.

I just feel it was as intended is all. Jedi generally do what they do for the good of humanity not for money and power.

Its as if were all kind of forced to role play at faction selection screen.

This is a RPG video game.

The stuff on my screen absolutely does matter.

If i didnt care how it looked i could just read one of the hundreds of Star Wars Novels.

So the whole "Why does it matter if its pretty just shoot stuff" mentality is lost on me.

Its pretty sad that my computer gets 30 fps on the empire fleet and 90 fps on the republic fleet due to the entire republic fleet being a giant brown garbage cloud.

Finished act 1 a bit ago. Seemed like the republic worlds were being decimated by the empire. I have seen the story for knight and Consular so far.

Don't get me wrong here i am agreeing with a lot of this like armor and the RF looking crappy its sad but it all ties to the story i think thus far.

I just feel it was as intended is all. Jedi generally do what they do for the good of humanity not for money and power.

Its as if were all kind of forced to role play at faction selection screen.

Play the trooper story.

Hello everyone!

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove several posts from this thread. We want to take this time to remind you all of a few of our Rules of Conduct to keep this from happening again:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Thank god someone's pointed this out. Give Empire a fountain.

:)

Agreed! I will get right on that, once I come down from our super posh VIP club. I'm having a meeting right now with the Moff... talk to you later.

Have my people call your people... We'll do lunch!

Originally Posted by Dire-Wolf

It seems to me like BioWare created the Imperial Fleet first and then when it came time to make the Republic Fleet they grabbed an old copy of the Imperial Fleet and quickly threw some stuff on top of it.

That would explain why:

- Republic have two less cargo holds

- Republic has poor textured tents

- Republic lacks things like holo-trees

- Republic doesn't have many NPCs walking around

- Republic floor reflects Imperial flags

I'm an Imperial player but after playing Alliance for years in WoW I know what it's like to play the sub-par faction and I have sympathy to all Republic players. Hopefully BioWare will give your fleet an overhaul soon. Re-texture those tents, add some more NPCs walking around the place and interacting with each other and perhapes add some real trees to make up for the lack of holo-trees like the Empire has.

Does it really? Hmmm.

Does it really? Hmmm.

Yes it does, summon The Czerka Eye probe and stare at it on the lens and you can see the Imperial fleet on it.

I swore a few times seeing how vast the differences are. The Empire station has a more clean and modern style to it. Something you would expect to see from a "modern home" which is very futuristic.

This style helps "sell" the Empire as a faction. It knows what it wants to communicate to its citizens/enemies: That they are organized, intimidating and well funded lol

In contrast the Republic station looks more like a neutral docking bay. I picture Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) in my head. A space station that has been passed along by various factions and though she has a sort of charm to it she is a ghetto floating in space.

Another example that came to mind was the scene in "A New Hope" where the rebels are being briefed about the Death Star. That is the Republic Station.

The scene in "Return of the Jedi" where they are being briefed on the second Death Star (notice the clean look the paint and architecture establish) is the Empire Station.

I think i understand why this "slums" theme was chosen for the Republic station and it is very simple. The Republic is not a single minded military organization like the Empire. It is a coalition of hundreds of races and more importantly cultures that coexist and work together. This creates a melting pot of sorts much like New York in the early 20s. IF i am correct and that is what the artists were going for i commend them for it but it tragically did not work out because these Space stations are suppose to represent the the Pride of each faction.

For example while each country is different, they all put special care and effort (and money) into making sure that their Political building which are suppose to be symbols of their pride and power look better than the others. Look at our White House, our Congress buidling. Look at the Red Square in Russia. Look at Buckingham (sp?) Palace in England. China has the Forbidden Kingdom and several modern political building like the city hall building in Yingquan District, Fuyang, Anhui Province.

My point being that the Republic station should be a symbol of Republic pride and patriotism just like the Senate Tower is. Exactly what the Senate Tower is. Only the Tower is for the game, not players.

Edited by shirtandtie

I swore a few times seeing how vast the differences are. The Empire station has a more clean and modern style to it. Something you would expect to see from a "modern home" which is very futuristic.

This style helps "sell" the Empire as a faction. It knows what it wants to communicate to its citizens/enemies: That they are organized, intimidating and well funded lol

In contrast the Republic station looks more like a neutral docking bay. I picture Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) in my head. A space station that has been passed along by various factions and though she has a sort of charm to it she is a ghetto floating in space.

Another example that came to mind was the scene in "A New Hope" where the rebels are being briefed about the Death Star. That is the Republic Station.

The scene in "Return of the Jedi" where they are being briefed on the second Death Star (notice the clean look the paint and architecture establish) is the Empire Station.

I think i understand why this "slums" theme was chosen for the Republic station and it is very simple. The Republic is not a single minded military organization like the Empire. It is a coalition of hundreds of races and more importantly cultures that coexist and work together. This creates a melting pot of sorts much like New York in the early 20s. IF i am correct and that is what the artists were going for i commend them for it but it tragically did not work out because these Space stations are suppose to represent the the Pride of each faction.

For example while each country is different, they all put special care and effort (and money) into making sure that their Political building which are suppose to be symbols of their pride and power look better than the others. Look at our White House, our Congress buidling. Look at the Red Square in Russia. Look at Buckingham (sp?) Palace in England. China has the Forbidden Kingdom and several modern political building like the city hall building in Yingquan District, Fuyang, Anhui Province.

My point being that the Republic station should be a symbol of Republic pride and patriotism just like the Senate Tower is. Exactly what the Senate Tower is. Only the Tower is for the game, not players.

I like this post =) maybe in a future expansion the Republic will get on top and throw some money at the RF lol. Spruce it up a bit.

Hm...

I always felt that the Imperial Station is like a rest/recreation area of the Death Star (with hundreds of thousands of workers and soldierts there must be a place for that).

On the other hand, the first time I stepped onto the Republic Station, Deep Space Nine come to my mind. Immediately.

True, it could use much more decorations. Carpets, banners, trees (not holo, "real" in cascets).

And I miss the crowd from both. With 100+ players in the zone, it still feels empty. I can just hope that as the player base getting to 50, it'll be better.

More imperial bias. Nothing new here...

Why do you think the real players and mature gamers went to the Republic? We're interested in killing Sith. Not looking at pretty things while we look at trees on the hallway.

Oh look! More random, anecdotal "evidence".

"I experience these things so that makes them a universal truth."

:rolleyes:

You guys are going to have to blame George lucas here. It's the republic/rebels. They don't quite have the same financial means as the empire.

That's how it is in the lore, that's how it is in the game.

Wow...

The Republic in this game is the Galactic Empire.