The Republic Fleet - With several pictures.

Halofax

Does it really? Hmmm.

I would also like to note, that when an Imperial player uses his fleet pass, it teleports him to the cargo hold.

When a republic player uses a fleet pass, it teleports them to the shuttle to tython/ord mantell.

I mean thats just lazy.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty clear the Empire fleet was made first and they dident have time to make a real Republic one, a so called MMO copy past. The Republic one look like a crappy rust bucket compared to the Empire one. Anyways i dont expect anything else when we know BioWare is pro Empire.... Edited by Lord_Karsk

In my opinion, the Fleets should be ditched. Altogether I find them boring and uninspiring with their circular design and repetitive environments. They should expand Dromund Kass and Coruscant to have "city" areas. Coruscant could have different plazas and large towers with a nice overview of the city.

Who's with me?

The RF definitely leaves a feeling of emptiness and despair when your visiting. There's even garbage and debris in some areas like it was abandoned.

This is either an art thing to create a atmosphere or feeling as it were or unfinished content.

I'm leaning more towards art thing tbh. Games like movies try and set a mood to the whole experience.

The feeling I get on the republic side is overwhelming odds are stacking against us rapidly building to consume all that is good in the universe.

The dark side is terrible and beautiful the pull is liken to a black hole devouring the light.

Virtue and resolve is all that stands in the way of the darkness not shiny space stations or armor. The republic is more about humanity than opulence and power.

So if this were a sp RPG I'd say they kicked @&$ at setting the right atmosphere for this game but for a mmo everybody likes to be unique and have feelings of ownership of there characters.

Lol wut

I'm not joking or trolling. I'm dead serious. A little R2-D2 type droid wandered up with a tray of cocktails strapped to it, then wandered off again before despawning. I'll watch for it to happen again so I can get a screenshot.

It might have been one of the social items in the game, but it was still pretty darned awesome.

In my opinion, the Fleets should be ditched. Altogether I find them boring and uninspiring with their circular design and repetitive environments. They should expand Dromund Kass and Coruscant to have "city" areas. Coruscant could have different plazas and large towers with a nice overview of the city.

Who's with me?

Also id like to add, that Coruscants layout is gigantic and inconvenient.

Dromund kass has every single trainer, vendor, and the GTN within walking distance of all of the quest givers.

Also, id like to say that there are better ways of making the Republic Fleet hopeless than:

Not placing any npcs.

Not Placing any flags.

Not Placing any Foliage

Not Placing 4 Cargo Holds

Allowing the ground to reflect Imperial details.

I mean really, if the best idea Bioware had for making the Republic fleet look poor was making EVERYTHING brown and covered in garbage, this game is in trouble artistically.

The Republic cant afford a space station, but they cant afford tents with good textures on them.

Logic.

Also, id like to say that there are better ways of making the Republic Fleet hopeless than:

Not placing any npcs.

Not Placing any flags.

Not Placing any Foliage

Not Placing 4 Cargo Holds

Allowing the ground to reflect Imperial details.

I mean really, if the best idea Bioware had for making the Republic fleet look poor was making EVERYTHING brown and covered in garbage, this game is in trouble artistically.

The Republic cant afford a space station, but they cant afford tents with good textures on them.

Logic.

I agree some what but how else would you invoke the feeling of emptiness without it being empty?

I agree some what but how else would you invoke the feeling of emptiness without it being empty?

You can portray emptiness without smearing garbage all over everything.

On another note, not relevant to the quote. The amount of people in this thread with Sith guild names in their signature making Vague unsupported claims that the pictures which clearly and obviously show the vast amount of differences are trolls is astounding.

Anyone who thinks that the actual picture evidence i have submitted is somehow fake is blind.

No one is saying the imperial fleet should be destroyed. No one is saying the empire should be punished.

I am saying the Republic Fleet is obviously unfinished and raising awareness, in order to bring attention from Bioware.

Please feel free to create a thread about how the game firmly supports the Republic and I will not disturb it.

Have you been to coruscant?

Have you been to Dromund Kaas?

The majority of the quest givers aren't "right next to the GTN and vendors"....most of the quests on DK are either gained in the field, or from the class areas in the Citadel....which isn't only not "right next to" the vendors, it requires a taxi ride to get to.

Note that this leaves aside the fact that you can't fly from that central DK taxi hub to the spaceport (or anywhere else)....you fly up to the edge of the city, then have to run to access the city taxis.

you may or may not have a valid point about art assets as they were applied to the two factions....but you're dead wrong about DK.

He has another thread going on about gearing, it's just so plainly obvious that he's another person paying $15 a month to troll.

This is rediculous. Yeah i spent 30 minutes taking pictures of the fleets just because you are

extremely important to me.

On another note, not relevant to the quote. The amount of people in this thread with Sith guild names in their signature making Vague unsupported claims that the pictures which clearly and obviously show the vast amount of differences are trolls is astounding.

Anyone who thinks that the actual picture evidence i have submitted is somehow fake is blind.

No one is saying the imperial fleet should be destroyed. No one is saying the empire should be punished.

I am saying the Republic Fleet is obviously unfinished and raising awareness, in order to bring attention from Bioware.

Please feel free to create a thread about how the game firmly supports the Republic and I will not disturb it.

Thats sound logic. Allow me to complain in peace. Only those whom share my views need reply.

You havent provided ANYTHING to substantiate the claims of "Republic has been neglected" or "Republic is not developed the same as Imps".

I have Republic toons as well as Imperial. One of each to be exact. My guild that i have played with for years chose to go sith.

The majority of the quest givers aren't "right next to the GTN and vendors"....most of the quests on DK are either gained in the field, or from the class areas in the Citadel....which isn't only not "right next to" the vendors, it requires a taxi ride to get to.

Note that this leaves aside the fact that you can't fly from that central DK taxi hub to the spaceport (or anywhere else)....you fly up to the edge of the city, then have to run to access the city taxis.

you may or may not have a valid point about art assets as they were applied to the two factions....but you're dead wrong about DK.

Honestly, the guy for the quest where you catch the bounty hunter tagging people is there, the skill mentor is there, all of the trainers are there, and the GTN is there.

On Coruscant, the Quest givers for the class quests are in a giant senate building, and yet the Jedi trainers are underground on the right side of a huge underground tunnel, with the left side holding the other trainers. Lets not forget that for no reason, you cant use your mount in the Senate building or in the GIANT spaceport you have to run through every 2 class quests.

You got me there though guy, Ive never been to dromund kass, thats why my Empire toon in the pictures is level 16 and has quests from Dromund Kass on his quest tracker.

THIS^

The min he posted that it is obvious what he is doing with this thread.

Thats sound logic. Allow me to complain in peace. Only those whom share my views need reply.

You havent provided ANYTHING to substantiate the claims of "Republic has been neglected" or "Republic is not developed the same as Imps".

I have Republic toons as well as Imperial. One of each to be exact. My guild that i have played with for years chose to go sith.

I'd also agree these pictures are terrible evidence.. except the Imperial Flags reflected on republic floors, that's just sad.

And from what I played Republic, it felt just as detailed as Imperial.

Yes i agree with OP alot. i thought i was alone thinking about this and now i see im not alone !

It feels like Republic fleet Carrick station needs a big Vitamin injection.

Why cant we have "polished" floor ?

Everything looks soo Tatooine dirty and old.

For example.... Biochem Crewskill vendor. Its like night and day if you compare. Imperial side have like a small Tropic forrest in that section to reflect the Crewskill.

Republic side is just a empty corner with no fluff at all.

Please Give Carrick station some LOVE !

Honestly, the guy for the quest where you catch the bounty hunter tagging people is there, the skill mentor is there, all of the trainers are there, and the GTN is there.

This is what you originally said (emphasis mine):

Dromund kass has every single trainer, vendor, and the GTN within walking distance of all of the quest givers.

So, it seems that the BH tagging quest NPC is the only quest giver in DK city....and that the Warrior and Inquis trainers (both in the Citadel, inaccessible without a taxi ride) don't count in the set of "every single trainer".

If you'd said "DK has two of 4 class trainers and ONE quest giver within walking distance of the GTN and the skill mentor", you'd have been accurate.

....but that doesn't support your point nearly as well, does it?

Also, I'm not your "guy", buddy.

Edited by Ardelia

Devs really got creative with the empires fleet design. Seems like they just couldn't be bothered to do the same for the republic.

So much color...

http://i41.tinypic.com/bdoao3.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/hsqgoy.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/mtxpx3.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/21m6cu8.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/bjfolg.jpg

Then we have the republic fleet where everything is yellow...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ihwk84.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2aill52.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/25rjv9h.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7yand.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/33xvdow.jpg