Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

6 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Idk why people are surprised they would do something like this. Their whole shtick for years has been trying to keep people playing unnecessary and repetitive 10 year old content because they are allergic to make actual new content. This is nothing more than an attempt to make people stay logged for longer, instead of log in second use a reputation item and log off

it will just make me not log in at all

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ryukomaru said:

The big chunk of CQ was the only reason I did some of the terrible rep chains.   It was literally the only good reward from some of the old style grind because rewards from the quests suck.

I've literally been running Kuat Drive Yards specifically for these points, since that's one of the reputation tracks I don't have 100% on yet. With the nerf, it's no longer worth the time.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It's a major nerf, which was not included in the patch notes, which was typical bioware behaviour. 

Patch notes say: "The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced and new objectives have been added to balance time, effort, and points granted."

Their way of telling us.

Edited by mdahm

4 minutes ago, mdahm said:

Patch notes say: "The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced and new objectives have been added to balance time, effort, and points granted."

Their way of telling us.

Oh, that's just wonderful. They added that after this whole thread popped off. I searched the patch notes when this thread was first started (even did Ctrl + F in case I missed one) and this was not mentioned. They back-added this. Wow, what a move, devs, you can't even own up to your BS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TepeshT said:

Oh, that's just wonderful. They added that after this whole thread popped off. I searched the patch notes when this thread was first started (even did Ctrl + F in case I missed one) and this was not mentioned. They back-added this. Wow, what a move, devs, you can't even own up to your BS.

They said they were going to add that to the patch notes in the single post they replied to in the bug forums.  It was definitely due to them being caught at trying to stealth nerf the CQ points and changing if the way the season items work.  

10 minutes ago, mdahm said:

Their way of telling us.

They put that there after the fact. @JoeStramaglia even admitted they weren't, but are now after having to make a statement.

1 hour ago, JoeStramaglia said:

This was not originally included in the GS6 article, but the two intended changes below will be reflected there and in the patch notes as well. 

Does anyone know what "new" objectives were added to conquest? Do they truly balance time and effort?

1 minute ago, Traceguy said:

Does anyone know what "new" objectives were added to conquest? Do they truly balance time and effort?

They do not. One weekly to do the 4xGS objectives, and one daily to advance the GS level. And guess how they "balance" things after the GS is over.

14 minutes ago, TepeshT said:

Same, used CTRL + F but got nothing in the original patch notes

1 minute ago, SithLikeTraps said:

They do not. One weekly to do the 4xGS objectives, and one daily to advance the GS level. And guess how they "balance" things after the GS is over.

Even during a GS it won’t balance things.   I usually finish the 7 objectives in the first two or three days.  I’m not going to get one level each day no matter how you look at it. 

• Like 1

You know instead of sneaking about with shadow edits. How about you change things back, apologize for getting something woefully wrong.  

Or you can dig in your heels and tell your paying customers they are wrong.  The paid shills may approve, but the people that actually support the game are not as happy.

4 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

You know, lately, I've been feeling like I might want to take a break from SW:TOR to try other things. This just might be the thing to convince me to not only do that, but not come back here at all. Thank you, developers, for giving me ample reason not to feel any regrets about leaving.

I feel exactly the same. I'm a solo player and they basically just ruined the only fun I had left in this game. Galactic seasons were already grindy before that nerf, now it's just stupid.

I'm glad they did this as I only had 30 days left on my sub. It makes cancelling much easier for me.

Also the fact they added that to the patch note AFTER the uproar shows how much they care about the playerbase.

Edited by Laureen

That is another valid point. We're paying for the service, and in the end you (I mean the game devs) are working for us, and if we don't like something and want it change you're obliged to do it. Of course, it doesn't mean that you should give us the big "kill them all" button, but why should we keep paying for the service that we don't enjoy?

My primary game loop is playing with my small guild getting conquest on my stable of alts.  I have been a daily player specifically because of that. I can't see how I can get it done with this nerf, so I pretty much have no incentive to play at all now. I really don't understand what they were thinking.

Time to unsub. :(

6 hours ago, Celwinn said:

Different developers, same publisher

Exactly the same developer staff (moved over from BW), same publisher, different developer company. 

Fixed it for you.

So the exact same people as before. Not sure why anyone thought things would change.

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

No, but if you find out, can you please post it for us before every conquest player decides to mass unsub from the game.

19 minutes ago, bayernbeleafer said:

Galatic Season Weekly.....once a Week  22k Points once

Galactic Season Daily ....every Day 10K

I saw that too. So basically they want everyone to do a single GS quest/level per day for the 10K, then the whopping 22K once per week. Huh. It still doesn't equate.

I noticed they didn't nerf any group content though which is fine, but not everyone does group stuff. I used to pvp and do Ops but developed a disability that no longer allows me to participate. So, I guess I just stable my alts for now.

Also, what's the deal with that Fitted Armor? You can't vendor it, can't deconstruct it for tech frags, jawa junk, or conquest commendations. Yeah, you can GTN the stuff, but boy, does it fill up inventory fast. 

So, no, not happy with these changes at all. 

Sorry, gotta chime in on this one and I almost never complain but this is sucking the life out of the game.  If hitting conquest (Small) becomes too much of a challenge then I will need to find my ENTERTAINMENT else where.  This is supposed to be a mind numbing game NOT a job.

38 minutes ago, bayernbeleafer said:

Galatic Season Weekly.....once a Week  22k Points once

Galactic Season Daily ....every Day 10K

I posted this in the Bug Report thread, but going to add it here as well:

So instead of ~336,000 CP across however many characters per server in a week from the Advancement: Reputation objective, you can now get:

~22,000 for Galactic Seasons Weekly Objectives, once weekly

~10,000 Galactic Seasons: Progress, once daily

~8,000 Advancement: Reputation, once daily

For a weekly total of ~148,000 across characters per server

Did someone have a bad math moment? This is in no way equivalent, and it's obvious that the devs just want to control how players play the game. If I'm paying to play this game (and I am), if I want to log in for five minutes, pop a rep token and log out for the day, and collect my Conquest on three characters a week doing that, that should be up to me. 

What I'm really seeing here, is that the devs don't want players collecting Tech Frags this easily, because that filters down into the GTN, making materials for high-level augs more expensive, so then players need to play more to grind credits to pay more for augs, or play more to grind more Conquest and/or more Tech Frags to have more to spend. This is just a way to slow players down and make it more grindy while trying to dictate how players play, which is a good way to make people decide to just not log in at all.

• Like 3

Speaking as a GM of two middling guilds (not topping the leaderboard, but long-running, max-level, near-member-cap guilds of semi-active but dedicated people), yes, this is definitely not good.

When gaming becomes a chore, it's not worth doing. Grind always walks a fine line between incentive and chore.

I know there are additional ways to meet the daily target that are not overly difficult, but they are more time consuming. For those of us who use the reward track CCs to finance guild rewards and incentives, it takes more time and energy away from where our attention needs to be focused. But more than that, the more of an ordeal hitting the target becomes, the more people will reconsider doing it at all. I expect this to negatively affect smaller and middling guilds.

I'm pretty confident that most guilds have members who do around 25,000 - 48,000 cq a day using rep tokens, and who become more likely to abandon doing conquest at all, or drop from the guild. Certainly, people will be doing conquest on fewer characters. Of those who remain, the conquest points they contribute will likely be greatly reduced. For top guilds that monopolize the leaderboards, this won't be a major hit, because they tend to be high demand with activity targets, to begin with. But for smaller and middling guilds who rely on reliable semi-actives and daily login people, it will.

Likewise, people giving up on doing conquest on multiple servers can only have a detrimental effect on the already struggling SS, LV, TH and the new SV.

Was anyone even complaining about rep tokens giving too many points? This seems to me to have been unneeded, detrimental, and with little benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I understand it right you get this daily 10k for Season Progress only when you climb 1 Rank in the Galactic Season Path. Is this right? What happens when you are doing all 7 Weeklys on the first day? When you are doing the daily which gives you 2 Points you need 4 Days to climb a Rank......

Edited by bayernbeleafer

27 minutes ago, Ahndri said:

Did someone have a bad math moment? This is in no way equivalent, and it's obvious that the devs just want to control how players play the game.

This gives me flashbacks to some of the dev comments when we were playtesting 6.0 crafting.  One of them commented that the intended way to get materials was via gathering, not running missions.  But why does what the devs intend matter more than what players enjoy doing?  Is there someone out there who thinks we should all be responding "Well, I like X, but since the devs intend me to do Y I guess I'll just have less fun"? 

• Like 1