Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

Yes, the stronghold itself is beautiful. The fact that it comes with permanent squatters is a bit creepy (one is there to begin with and it sounds like others will be arriving soon or perhaps are hiding in the locked rooms). I understand why they added a quest giver there - it's creepy nonetheless. And the wind follows you even after you leave... or switch toons... until you log out... (this bug has already been reported).

Yeah, seriously not happy that this guy is squatting in my SH and telling me what to do. The SH is beautiful, but who the hell is this random guy to "we" my property? That I can't even open fully without spending cartel coins, which I will NEVER do. Hate the whole concept.

8 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Yeah, seriously not happy that this guy is squatting in my SH and telling me what to do. The SH is beautiful, but who the hell is this random guy to "we" my property? That I can't even open fully without spending cartel coins, which I will NEVER do. Hate the whole concept.

I would have much preferred a small holo terminal (desk, screen, etc.), so we could have answered calls instead. Would have been much more appropriate for a stronghold.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 1

I am in support of the comments left so far, and I too see this as a short-sided mis-step by the dev team. As someone reminded us of earlier, the lifeblood for the game is subs and CM purchases. The more alts we create and use, the more likely we are buying and spending CCs. While I do not feel compelled to conquest every alt every week, or have the time, I do try to conquest 8-12 per week as my playing time allows.

With the big nerf, and still with some of the cqp awards being unbalanced, I am likely to conquest less alts, as a result play less alts, and ultimately not be spending as much on new weapons and outfits. Feels like a classic example of trading one 'problem' for a bigger one. I hope they reconsider.

One way I keep mentioning to make the conquest awards more valuable and efficient use of the time we have to play is to keep the following available EVERY week instead of rotating:

• Rampage (Pinnacle and Eternal)
  • Activity Finder (same)
  • Heroics (same)
  • Missions (same)

It's still grinding the same ole content but easier to hit the 100k target for those who do not have a lot of playtime available or run a lot of alts and enables you to play more of the content you prefer.

TL/DR: as cqp rewards are nerfed, we conquest less alts, we play less alts, we spend less CCs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We are tracking a variety of emerging issues for these patches such as Ancient Armaments and Conquest/Rep change. I’ll be back later today or early tomorrow with a follow-up post about our internal conversations following your feedback on the Conquest/Rep changes.

For me, personally, this does not inspire confidence.

In fact, it does anything BUT.

It sounds very much like they're going to announce that they've listened to our feedback and have decided to "compromise." The Advancement : Reputation objective will still be largely nerfed, but not as much as it had been.

You folks all remember when they announced they were increasing the Credits allowed on each character transferring to Shae Vizla to 15 million.

That still meant that a lot of players on the APAC server would have to settle for bringing over a fraction of the Credits they had accumulated on the existing servers. 15 million only looked large compared to the absurdly small limit of 2 million that had been announced at the beginning.

This is looking the same. They completely decimated the value of this Conquest Objective with this update, so now, when they give us some of that value back, it will look like they're doing us a big favor.

I'm not buying it.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

I'm not buying it.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way.

This whole thing feels like someone on the dev team said "let's sneak this one in" and then they're all suddenly in a tizzy because people ACTUALLY care about it.  It's absolutely alt-unfriendly and smacks of desperation, a silly solution in need of a non-problem instead of a different solution for an ACTUAL problem which is that most of us are sick of grinding.  We'll see what they come up with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

It sounds very much like they're going to announce that they've listened to our feedback and have decided to "compromise." The Advancement : Reputation objective will still be largely nerfed, but not as much as it had been.

You folks all remember when they announced they were increasing the Credits allowed on each character transferring to Shae Vizla to 15 million.

That still meant that a lot of players on the APAC server would have to settle for bringing over a fraction of the Credits they had accumulated on the existing servers. 15 million only looked large compared to the absurdly small limit of 2 million that had been announced at the beginning.

This is looking the same. They completely decimated the value of this Conquest Objective with this update, so now, when they give us some of that value back, it will look like they're doing us a big favor.

I'm not buying it.

Yes, I will absolutely will not settle for anything less than the original. Already cancelled my sub.
(Tbh they should increase it to 50k with max bonus lol,  but that's probably too crazy to ask.)

Why is it, that they always have a plan or direction that no actual players want, but they keep pushing, making the game more horrible with almost every single update? I love this game and I was very patient but I don't think I can take this bs anymore.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, HypSpec said:

With the big nerf, and still with some of the cqp awards being unbalanced, I am likely to conquest less alts, as a result play less alts, and ultimately not be spending as much on new weapons and outfits. Feels like a classic example of trading one 'problem' for a bigger one. I hope they reconsider.

One way I keep mentioning to make the conquest awards more valuable and efficient use of the time we have to play is to keep the following available EVERY week instead of rotating:

• Activity Finder (same)
  • Heroics (same)
  • Missions (same)

💙

24 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

💙

16 minutes ago, nameinvalidoruna said:

Yes, I will absolutely will not settle for anything less than the original. Already cancelled my sub.
(Tbh they should increase it to 50k with max bonus lol,  but that's probably too crazy to ask.)

Why is it, that they always have a plan or direction that no actual players want, but they keep pushing, making the game more horrible with almost every single update? I love this game and I was very patient but I don't think I can take this bs anymore.

💙

Have run out of reactions for a day, so have to resort to quoting in order to like 💙

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, nameinvalidoruna said:

Agreed, I have unsubbed and uninstalled the game. I may come back if they completely revert the stealth nerf, but otherwise, both accounts are done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kilekrn said:

Agreed, I have unsubbed and uninstalled the game. I may come back if they completely revert the stealth nerf, but otherwise, both accounts are done.

Same here. Wife and I are both out. We already had FP1 conversion nerfs, now conquest as well, yeah, at some point I have to put a value on my time. This was the limit for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

We also do not receive commendations and gearing loot anymore after lv 75 now.. another nerf or bug..

Honestly didn't notice, I'll get more time to play tonight.

didn't get much time Tuesday due to the patch (APAC player here)

Last night I spend most of my play time getting a couple of GS objectives (and shooting myself in the foot missing out on the short sighted CQ rewards for completing only 1 weekly objective per day)

From 7.4.1 the message I am getting is that EA & BroadSword want to drive SWTOR into the ground shutting it down.

1 minute ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Honestly didn't notice, I'll get more time to play tonight.

didn't get much time Tuesday due to the patch (APAC player here)

Last night I spend most of my play time getting a couple of GS objectives (and shooting myself in the foot missing out on the short sighted CQ rewards for completing only 1 weekly objective per day)

From 7.4.1 the message I am getting is that EA & BroadSword want to drive SWTOR into the ground shutting it down.

I'm also APAC and yes i haven't seen any gearing drops after 7.4.1.

14 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

this update is really proving that swtor players can and will complain about the most minor inconveniences

This definitely isn't minor. They turned what used to be 315,000CQP weekly to 56,000CQP. That's a 259,000 drop. Again, not an minor. 

31 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

this update is really proving that swtor players can and will complain about the most minor inconveniences

But it only reinforces what we already know -- that some people will accept whatever Broadsword throws at them and like it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ShadowyKai said:

I'm not buying it.

So true - and is the most likely response we will get from the developers.

Also anyone playing the 'see, they listened' card with the 15 million credit limit increase to SV is either a shill or just clueless.

SV still has the cost structure of the legacy servers, such as high ongoing repair fees, travel fees, not to mention the stuff being adding such as the new GTN droid with costs based on legacy servers (something like 3 million per character to unlock, and another 15 million or more per character for a reduced CD).

Bringing 15 million over to SV while it has the same cost / fee structure as the legacy servers is laughable.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HypSpec said:

I am in support of the comments left so far, and I too see this as a short-sided mis-step by the dev team. As someone reminded us of earlier, the lifeblood for the game is subs and CM purchases. The more alts we create and use, the more likely we are buying and spending CCs. While I do not feel compelled to conquest every alt every week, or have the time, I do try to conquest 8-12 per week as my playing time allows.

• Activity Finder (same)
  • Heroics (same)
  • Missions (same)

It's still grinding the same ole content but easier to hit the 100k target for those who do not have a lot of playtime available or run a lot of alts and enables you to play more of the content you prefer.

TL/DR: as cqp rewards are nerfed, we conquest less alts, we play less alts, we spend less CCs

This is the most succinct and useful idea regarding conquest I've ever seen. It should be pinned to the top of this thread and the devs should follow it exactly. You laid out the consequences of conquest nerfs to both players AND Broadsword's income source, and followed it up with practical solutions. I salute you, good sir. I name you Emperor/Supreme Chancellor of Conquest.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like that 43k conquest is gone and not coming back according to Musco. My suggestion would be to make the rampage objective and the finish 10 heroic objective a weekly thing instead of seeing those once in a blue moon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How convenient that it takes them a week or more to undo something that shouldn't have been to start with when it's something that screws over the players. But if it benefitted the players such as a quest giving out more credits than it should it would've been patched that very same day. They could easily hotfix that particular objective back to where it was before in 5 minutes, they just don't want to. 

Right now I have a system worked out where I can conquest out 25 toons a week in my spare time if I choose to do so. That 40k is/was a large part of that. My conquesting those toons out meant someone in a seat playing their game, extra padding for their metrics, and sometimes spending extra cash to get those toons certain things they need/want. Such as buying cartel items to flip on the GTN for credits like a datacron. If they're going to spit in my face for supporting their game since closed beta, what is my motivation to keep playing their game and stick around? To slightly paraphrase an old proverbial saying, don't go on my leg and try to tell me it's raining. 

Considering they ignored the playerbase when folks largely did NOT want the "pruning of useless abilities" and even deleted comments that were critical of it I'm not surprised they're pulling this stunt now. If they thought there was too many abilities they could've addressed that as early as 2.0 or even 3.0 but they chose not to. Instead they even gave us another ability in 4.0 only to complain about us having too many powers later. It was one thing to turn certain things into passives such as the old class buffs so they're always on and you don't forget about them, or combine certain powers that were always used together. However as an example stealing 5 powers from me then letting me choose which two to get back while pretending you've done me a favor isn't new or exciting content. You've still stolen 3 powers from me I've had since the start of the game and acting like you've done some thing new. Ability pruning is another can of worms I could rant on for awhile and is off topic on its own. However it's an interesting bit of a pattern repeating itself. They'll claim to want feedback, grab a few that support what they want, then ignore everything else or try to explain why everyone is wrong and they're right. Back to rep nerfs though. 

I'm sorry but you're telling me you can't have a guy take all of 5 minutes to go in and change a couple numbers back to what they were before and then shoot that hotfix out? At the very least they owe us for lost time and conquest because of this foolishness. If you want me to sit and play your game and do conquest, give me objectives I enjoy doing or can get done in a reasonable time. The reputation at 40k was one of them once a day. Let me do the heroic mission objectives for the 20k conquest or something and stop trying to shove me into pvp all the time or force me to do the season objectives when I have no interest in that stuff. It's one thing to have some objectives in there for people who like that stuff, but not everyone likes that stuff. Objectives for the past few weeks have been absolute bantha droppings. 

There was no need to nerf the conquest payout for the reputation daily, but if they had included other objectives for me to make up that difference in lost points that I actually might like, then it wouldn't have been as bad. Still no legitimate reason for it to have happened and been nerfed to start with, but wouldn't have been as bad. Like going from getting kicked in the the chest by an angry horse to getting jumped on by your Great Dane. 

When this company and the team get it right, they can put out some fantastic products and content. Likewise when they drop the ball, they have some spectacular screw ups that would make even the most insane Hutt look at them like "dude that's too much even for me." There doesn't seem to be an in-between of late. As the old saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it. The reputation objective was fine the way it was at the 40k. Put it back at the 40k and leave it alone. If you want me doing other objectives and things, give me other objectives and things to do that I might actually like. Don't just steal points from me and expect me to keep playing like I was before and pretend it's the same amount of game because it's not. The fact that the team can put out some fantastic stuff is why I find this absolutely infuriating to start with. Seriously, revert this junk and do better. If you want me to do extra stuff, give me some quality stuff to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samcuu said:

Sounds like that 43k conquest is gone and not coming back according to Musco. My suggestion would be to make the rampage objective and the finish 10 heroic objective a weekly thing instead of seeing those once in a blue moon. 

Of course, because it benefits the players. If they thought it was too much, then give me other stuff to do with it to make up those points. Otherwise don't try to pretend it's the same amount of game when it's not. At least with the rampage, heroic objective and similar it gave me something to do in the world. Objectives for the past 3 weeks have been bantha droppings. Whenever I can do the rampage, heroic objectives and similar stuff, I will spam the daylights out of stuff because it gives me something to do. The universe will die of heat death before I ever set foot in pvp, starfighter, or similar objectives they try to push on us. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

They could easily solve it by leaving the various pinnacle awards, boosting the various awards for FP's and Ops, even leaving the Flashpoint Rally guild abilities up all the time instead of 3 out of 5 weeks. But if they don't replace this with something supporting normal play so people aren't grinding conquest instead of playing in FP's/ops/heroics, it's just not going to work for me, and I would guess, it won't work for a lot of others as well.

1 hour ago, Thraka said:

They could easily solve it by leaving the various pinnacle awards, boosting the various awards for FP's and Ops, even leaving the Flashpoint Rally guild abilities up all the time instead of 3 out of 5 weeks. But if they don't replace this with something supporting normal play so people aren't grinding conquest instead of playing in FP's/ops/heroics, it's just not going to work for me, and I would guess, it won't work for a lot of others as well.

They need to quit trying to shove everyone into starfighter and pvp because the universe will die of heat death before I ever do that. Leave the heroic, rampage, and other objectives up full time instead of the bantha droppings we've had for the past 3 weeks. I get that some people like pvp and starfighter but I don't. They could have this fixed in 5 minutes but they choose not to. 

• Like 1

Eric's post today sealed the deal for me, -- at least until dramatic changes are made. Given the substance (or lack thereof) and tenor of his post, however, change doesn't seem likely in the near future which leaves me with the impression that he and his team simply don't get it.

The whole benefit of the daily reputation gain was that it afforded me and my small number of friends who play the game the opportunity to: a) still make reasonable progress vis a vis Tech Fragment acquisition; and b) switch to playing content we enjoy more depending our mood on a different character. Now it is no longer 'play your way' which is disheartening.

Broadsword has not just nerfed, but decimated Alt progression. Of particular note was what Eric did not address, namely the fact that gear drops are now worthless. Yesterday Jackie said they plan to make changes, but only by "a bit" -- that hardly inspires confidence. By way of example: I ran Directive 7 this morning to complete the GS objective and the only meaningful drop was one piece of 320 gear vs. 12-15 drops of worthless gear. 🙄

The team at Broadsword seems hell-bent on incentivizing only certain types of content and gameplay. The philosophy of 'play your way' is once again gone, just as in the original version of 7.0 (though there it was gating / and horrid gearing system).

Broadsword is delusional if they think the new daily GS level gain suffices. In my case, I got up to GS level 6 with no real path forward. Incentivizing content no doubt works for some portion of the player base, but they will never pilot me into GSF or march me into PvP. It simply will not happen.

I respect Broadsword's artistic right to design the game in the manner they envision. Their game, their philosophy and vision. Concomitantly, however, my money, my choice how to spend it.

As others have noted and I concur: When I stop advancing / progressing my characters in content I enjoy, I stop playing (and paying).

I look forward to 7.5 and 7.6 to wrap up the storyline, but there is absolutely no reason to stay subscribed when I can do so on preferred status. This decision is made all the easier since ESO is far more alt-friendly and dropping new content.

<<raises martini glass to denizens of the Forum (well, most of you)>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Clarity / Typos
  • Like 7

The thing is, there's an easy fix that gives both groups what they want: put the reputation back to 43k, but make it 3 rep tokens instead of 1. That makes it take more effort the way the devs want instead of just doing the easiest space mission or 1 daily, and it still gives people the big whammy without having to spend hours. 

That being said, people are right that the whole conquest system needs an upgrade.