Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

15 minutes ago, FreeMercy said:

Um, yes there is a Voss: Heroic Mission objective. And there are like 13 objectives that are a Planet Name: Heroic Mission worth 5k that take only one heroic and a similar number that are Planet Name: Mission Complete also worth 5k that require two missions. Yes some weeks there are other objects to do x number of heroics but there are always planet missions that are a single heroic or two missions of any type depending on the planet worth 5k. People were talking about whether it takes one or two missions and the answer is it depends on the planet.

SWtorCapture.PNG

VossCapture.PNG

Interesting, seems to be only a level 50+ thing. None of my characters below level 50 have that mission

16 minutes ago, DWho said:

The Jedi Journals one on Taris. I always skip the bonus and I didn't get the 5000 for Taris until I completed the bonus on the Rakghoul Release one (the next one I ran). It was on a level 80 character

Strange because Rakghoul release is the one and only heroic I do all the time on Taris. If you don't kill 20 Rakghouls in the instance u don't get the bonus but you still get 5k for finishing just that one heroic. Again I know because I bounce around to one planet only doing one heroic mission and I always get the 5k. You get the bonus only one time btw. If you hit a bonus mission afterwards u don't get any more conquest. 

Luckily, I only play enough to get my characters the conquest points for the guild and the only reason we still doing that is we have a few more rooms to open in the flagship but after that......   I spend more time on FFX playing than here and here I thought I might play more with the new stuff but considering only one of my characters even romance one of those that had a date night, that will not be happening anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Strange because Rakghoul release is the one and only heroic I do all the time on Taris. If you don't kill 20 Rakghouls in the instance u don't get the bonus but you still get 5k for finishing just that one heroic. Again I know because I bounce around to one planet only doing one heroic mission and I always get the 5k. You get the bonus only one time btw. If you hit a bonus mission afterwards u don't get any more conquest. 

The bonus mission still counts toward the two mission reward even if you have already gotten CQ points for the bonus mission somewhere else. I'm looking at my level 80 character right now and there is no 2 mission (Planet: Complete Mission) objective, while there is one for the level 45 character I just played. I wonder if both of them can get those CQ points. One for each of the missions: (Planet: Heroic and Planet:Mission Complete). Something to try since I can do Nar Shadaa on both a level 45 and level 80 character

BTW: It was the Jedi Journal one where I didn't get the 5K. For the Rak one, I got it twice. Once after completing the Bonus (which at the time I thought was strange since I had already completed the "bonus" CQ mission on Coruscant) and once on completing the heroic. In the end it evened out I guess.

Edited by DWho

2 minutes ago, DWho said:

The bonus mission still counts toward the two mission reward even if you have already gotten CQ points for the bonus mission somewhere else. I'm looking at my level 80 character right now and there is no 2 mission (Planet: Complete Mission) objective, while there is one for the level 45 character I just played. I wonder if both of them can get those CQ points. One for each of the missions: (Planet: Heroic and Planet:Mission Complete). Something to try since I can do Nar Shadaa on both a level 45 and level 80 character

BTW: It was the Jedi Journal one where I didn't get the 5K. For the Rak one, I got it twice. Once after completing the Bonus (which at the time I thought was strange since I had already completed the "bonus" CQ mission on Coruscant) and once on completing the heroic. In the end it evened out I guess.

Ahh yeah I didn't take into account all the different points toons can get conquest wise when they are below lvl 50. 

37 minutes ago, DWho said:

Interesting, seems to be only a level 50+ thing. None of my characters below level 50 have that mission

Ah, yeah I've only been doing my lvl 80s recently so I'm so used to the same missions I forgot things could be different for other levels.

1 hour ago, DWho said:

There is no such mission. There is Voss: Mission Complete and this week there is Missions: Heroic. Both are worth 5K but heroic missions will not be worth anything special in some weeks due to the rotation. There is no Voss: Heroic CQ objective. You won't have Missions: Heroic every week.

There is too. You're thinking of something totally different. My guess if you're playing on a mid level toon, so you'r disqualified from the heroic CQP

1 hour ago, DWho said:

Just did one today and it had no bonus and took a second mission

That's just not true. You have just proven you're talking about something completely different. We're talking about Heroics. Not planet missions.

Here is what high level players see

image.png.e17c6d63b90a996d45cf1729c200fdbb.png

image.png.503618bc5177119e1023142c98543e9e.png

Here is what low level players see (It's mission, not heroic)

image.png.653313359c8bcf268ab26c0e263c55cc.png

18 minutes ago, DWho said:

I wonder if both of them can get those CQ points.

The answer is yes. You can complete the heroic on two separate characters in the same day for the 5K points each as long as one on them is below level 50 (and does the 2 mission Objective: heroic plus its bonus). I did the "Breaking Down Shadowtown" Heroic on a level 80 and got 5K for that and did it again on a level 46 and also got 5K. The missions for the different levels in your legacy are apparently separate even if you complete the same content. Also confirmed that the "bonus" still counts toward completing the 2 mission version even if you have completed the same bonus mission on a different character in the same day.

6 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

That's just not true. You have just proven you're talking about something completely different. We're talking about Heroics. Not planet missions.

The mission was the Jedi Holojournals one, which last time I checked was a heroic. I did not get the 5K for it but instead got 5K on completing the bonus mission in Rakghouls release (the one I did right after the Jedi Holojournals one) and then got another 5K on completing Rakghoul release. This was on a level 80 character so it should have gotten the 5K at the completion of the heroic (which it didn't).

Edit: Almost all of the other heroics I do have a bonus mission which I always do so I can't give you another example. Sounds like it might have been a glitch of some sort since I have not replicated it on another server (can't try to replicate it on the same server until tomorrow).

Edited by DWho

9 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

We're talking about Heroics. Not planet missions.

For the 2 mission version, a heroic plus bonus also counts. Just did that on Nar Shadaa so I know that is true for a character below level 50.

12 hours ago, Jdast said:

The gap between Small, Medium and Large Invasion Conquest yields is too great and will have a huge and disproportionate impact on medium, and particularly, small guilds. 

Broadsword probably thought this roughly 90% nerf would result in our playing more SWTOR to obtain the Invasion goals we were able to reach previously and the galaxy would be more vibrant and populated.

Wrong.

My thoughts exactly. This change will not make me play more. It will make me play less.

I play a lot of alts and I mostly play in small guilds. Reaching 100k per character is too much of a grind now, and I don't want to do ANY content on any alt if I already know I won't be able to finish the 100k goal. It's waste of time from my point of view. 

The reason for this change was most likely nerfing the CC from GS because people did GS on multiple servers. This will probably be a mission accomplished in their books. But how many paying subscribers it's going to cost them is another question. 

Oh, terrific. Just a little while ago, I tried to log in to my most heavily populated Legacy, and the game froze up.

And now, every time I try to re-launch the game, it attempts to go into that Legacy and freezes up again. I vividly remember this happening back in December, when Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" was released.

Funny thing ... When it happened then, I was desperate to get my account up and running. I remember trying any advice that anybody would give on the forums to make that happen.

This time ... Right now, I am looking at a thread with advice about client settings, dxdiag, and such, and I'm realizing something ... I am realizing that I don't care enough about playing this game to bother doing any of that.

In recent weeks, I have been contemplating taking a break from SW:TOR to try other things.

Today, I was actually feeling a bit excited to log in to the game, a feeling that I hadn't had in a while, because I was looking forward to the new Galactic Season, especially since I had finally finished building up my Stronghold Bonuses and levelling up a character to 50 on each of my active Legacies ... and then, I find out that they dropped the Reputation track from Galactic Seasons and nerfed Advancement : Reputation into oblivion. And they didn't even have the decency to let us know they were going to do this so that we could plan accordingly.

I wonder how many people bought the Master's Datacron and Equipment Bundle when it was on the Flash Sale recently, anticipating that they could make good use of it during Galactic Seasons, not knowing that the biggest chunk of Conquest Points they could get was about to be blown up.

Well, that did it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. And now, I can't even log into the game anymore, and I find that I don't care enough to bother trying to fix the problem.

My subscription runs out on March 26. I will give them until that date to do something about this, and then I'll be leaving for good. Maybe, one day in the future, I will come back, perhaps just for nostalgia's sake. But I'm not counting on it.

To any of my friends who are still in the game ... It's been a blast, for as long as it lasted.

This was a horrible change that’s been made. The new galactic seasons conquest objectives fail to even come close to equaling what the rep conquest gave us. Also you would have to log in every day, and get exactly one seasons level each day, which is just designed to make you play more for less reward. Even then I already got 5 seasons levels on the first day just from playing the game normally. Finished the weekly conquest too. 

This was a known change purposely kept from people until after it was live, and those are the worst ways for games like this to be run. 

Everything has already been said, I totally agree that it was an ill-considered decision at best.

I was so happy to resub and was looking forward to have less stress and more fun, but after this nerf I'm not excited anymore =(

Before that, I was able to do weekly CQ on 5-6 toons while actively playing on 1 or 2 of them, now I lost 300.000 CQ points a week for no reason, I can't even make a contribution to 2 relatively small guilds I'm in =(

The "alternative" doesn't work at all, the first day after the tuesday reset i joined a WBs group at the fleet (because tuesday is the best day to find GS groups) and we did 2 objectives, then I did some more objectives with my friend, so almost all weeklies in 1 day, it's not possible to plan and distribute new CQ points across days and toons.

You can't force me to play PvP and GSF instead, or "play" like those notorious AFK players.

While reputation as a CQ reward may not be a good idea (many people maxed all reputation tracks already), it needs a viable non-stressful alternative. At work I do stuff I don't enjoy to earn money, and in the game I pay money to do stuff I don't enjoy, seriously?

• Like 1

This is such a dumb move, way to kill the playtime of a playerbase, Just resubbed and was kinda excited for the season only to notice this bs. Seriously considering not resubbing ever again. 

8 hours ago, DWho said:

For the 2 mission version, a heroic plus bonus also counts. Just did that on Nar Shadaa so I know that is true for a character below level 50.

8 hours ago, DWho said:

The mission was the Jedi Holojournals one, which last time I checked was a heroic. I did not get the 5K for it but instead got 5K on completing the bonus mission in Rakghouls release (the one I did right after the Jedi Holojournals one) and then got another 5K on completing Rakghoul release. This was on a level 80 character so it should have gotten the 5K at the completion of the heroic (which it didn't).

Edit: Almost all of the other heroics I do have a bonus mission which I always do so I can't give you another example. Sounds like it might have been a glitch of some sort since I have not replicated it on another server (can't try to replicate it on the same server until tomorrow).

That doesn't matter. Look at the photos I shared. It it and always has been 1 and 1 heroic only. You are speaking of something entirely different.

20 hours ago, Leoperaghost said:

And here I was hyped for the date nights at least but this news blew the wind out of my sails real quick 

Same. I didn't even log on yesterday. And I probably won't today, either. This is just disgusting.

• Like 2

I renewed my subscription on Monday, feeling eager to start the new Galactic Season.

Had I known that this season was going to require five or six times as much grinding as I was expecting, I probably would have thought twice about resubscribing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TahliahCOH said:

Same. I didn't even log on yesterday. And I probably won't today, either. This is just disgusting.

I almost didn't want to play yesterday either. But at last I really had no choice as missing a single day would mean my small guild doesn't hit 5,000,000CQP. I also have to work harder on this guild with the missing reputation gain.

Edited by Traceguy

Their motto for years has been one step forward, two steps back, right on par. Doesn't matter who runs it now, that is their M.O., and it's unlikely to ever change, it's why there's only a handful of servers left. Vote with your wallet, no point in grinding that much more. 

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but if it receives enough negative feedback, it should be adjusted and called an 'accident'. If not, it's not hard to figure what they're doing, they've been doing it for years.

20 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I almost didn't want to play yesterday either. But at last I really had no choice as missing a single day would mean my small guild doesn't hit 5,000,000CQP. I also have to work harder on this guild with the missing reputation gain.

It shouldn't be that way. :( I hate that you feel you HAVE to log in to grind for your guild now. It's just wrong. I personally don't run a guild, and I do feel bad for the several guilds I will not be able to contribute to anymore. But I am just one person, and I am not getting paid to play (I'm paying for what is turning into a full-time job, not good).

I did just log in to run my main (pub side main), and so far, I am getting that useless armor, but I did get ONE piece of systech, so apparently that does still drop (and you can still decon it), just not as often. WAY more crap drops, I'm running heroics, and have already had to delete a bunch of it because my inventory was getting crammed with the junk. :(

I will only be doing one date night (on my imp main) since I am not playing alts anymore, just my two mains. It's just not worth it to bang out cq on 10 or more. I'm definitely letting my sub expire, though, if this all isn't fixed. Too much has been borked in too many recent updates that I just can't justify the expense in this economy anymore. It's not fun, and it gets less fun with every nerf of everything that made playing easier (Quick Travel, cq rep nerf, this crap armor that is utterly useless and replaces things that were completely useFUL). /smh I dunno. Probably going back to Homecoming at this point.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Reputation Conquest Objective
The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced. This particular objective was over-represented in objectives completed and needed to be balanced. We've added new objectives to help offset the loss that encourage you to play Galactic Seasons in the same manner that the Reputation one did but lowered the effect that the Reputation objective gave in its place.

I just keep thinking of the ridiculousness of this thought process. What does "over-represented" means? Oh, it means the most popular.

So, if this was a restaurant, they essentially took the most popular item on the menu - the one their customers actually like and want - and, instead of creating more similar items, they removed it from the menu in order to "encourage" (force) their customers to eat other, less popular, dishes. Any restaurant what did something like that would be out of business in no time.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

The reactionary approach to this by the developer team is predictable, and yet complete nonsense.  This overreaction was a solution a problem that wasn't *THE* problem. 

Their perceived problem: people were completing conquest objectives through reputation gains, and so it was something to nerf, in order to get people to do more content.

The actual problem: the reason people were using reputation gains to complete conquest is because there's almost no repetitive content that's worth doing.  I mean, really... the same 10+ year old heroic missions?  The same old "kill X mobs" we've done for eyears?

This is SWTOR's real problem: the lack of meaningful content.  Log-in incentives aren't meaningful.  "Date night" is not meaningful.  Galactic seasons is not meaningful.

But now, this nerf.

I think the developers are really going to regret this decision.  In their effort to entice more players to log in and do repetitive content, by nerfing the reputation conquest amount, what it will ACTUALLY do is persuade players to log in even less because the time sink just isn't worth the trouble.

I hope their decision was worth it.  I have a feeling this is one more nail in the coffin for this game.

Edited by damonskye
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

I just keep thinking of the ridiculousness of this thought process. What does "over-represented" means? Oh, it means the most popular.

Should we expect the next over-represented objective to be nerfed too? It's like Broadsword sat down and said 'How do we make conquest more hard? Remove the most represented objective". They made a problem out of something that has remained unproblematic for years. When the game is littered with bugs that have existed for years, they wasted time nerfing something that harmed nothing and no one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1