Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

It's a major nerf, which was not included in the patch notes, which was typical bioware behaviour.  Guess that's proof that the Broadsword move changed nothing for the better.

Basically they're going to continue removing fun things and increasing the grind.

Fortunately I left all my conquest guilds back when 7.0 hit the PTS.  It's a nice thing to get, which the reputation helped a lot with, but not worth grinding the incredibly boring repetitive stuff for.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It's a major nerf, which was not included in the patch notes, which was typical bioware behaviour.  Guess that's proof that the Broadsword move changed nothing for the better.

Basically they're going to continue removing fun things and increasing the grind.

Fortunately I left all my conquest guilds back when 7.0 hit the PTS.  It's a nice thing to get, which the reputation helped a lot with, but not worth grinding the incredibly boring repetitive stuff for.

Different developers, same publisher

See I wouldn’t have minded if they changed it to be like infinitely repeatable or something with 7-8 k cq points but myself and a lot of gms of smaller guilds used that daily repeatable mission to hit our goals and keep our heads afloat in cq… if intentional this will negatively affect smaller cq guilds . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Celwinn said:

Sadly yeah. 

Broadsword and EA don't care about the game. They just want a quick buck

I think what makes me the most upset about it is they tried to slide it in unnoticed.  Surprised they tried though?  Nope.  It’s like the nerf to rep items for the new season.  They nerfed the amount you receive but didn’t say anything about it really. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

This will indeed be the result, fewer min cq players in conquest guilds and fewer players hitting cq in smaller guilds. What on earth is the POINT of this nerf is what I would like to know because it doesn't affect the economy at all and just kicks guilds in the  . . . erm, privates. Not a good move. AT ALL.

• Like 1

Just now, Darcmoon said:

I think what makes me the most upset about it is they tried to slide it in unnoticed.  Surprised they tried though?  Nope.  It’s like the nerf to rep items for the new season.  They nerfed the amount you receive but didn’t say anything about it really. 

What sucks is that if the blowback is big enough, they will just come out and say it's a "bug" and they will hotfix it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is that the only thing that was nerfed or did they also nerf the pvp weekly conquest point total which was around 150k with maxed sh bonus?

It really does show a lack of understanding of their own game and player base to do things like this. I log in to 12 - 14 characters per week to get my conquest done on all of them, chasing conquest for the rewards and the seasons are 2 of the few reasons to log in for end game play. So why nerf that and make it harder? My time is limited, without the reputation conquest objective that means I can probably now finish 7 or 8 characters. I'm not going to take the extra time to grind harder to achieve more conquest because of my time constraints. So instead of me being happy to log into my toons every day they've given me a reason to resent the game. Alienating players is a bad idea.

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Celwinn said:

Sadly yeah. 

Broadsword and EA don't care about the game. They just want a quick buck

Disappointing the players is a sure fire way to avoid making a quick buck. I'm not at all impressed with this seasons rewards, or much else that's been released today.

• Like 1

Just now, Celwinn said:

What sucks is that if the blowback is big enough, they will just come out and say it's a "bug" and they will hotfix it.

As long as they roll this back, they can call it whatever they want. We know the truth, and we'll get our cq back for our less than yuge cq guilds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

As long as they roll this back, they can call it whatever they want. We know the truth, and we'll get our cq back for our less than yuge cq guilds.

Don't get me wrong. That would be a good thing. I was just pointing out they won't admit to nerfing it and just blame it on being a bug.

3 minutes ago, VandarKel said:

Disappointing the players is a sure fire way to avoid making a quick buck. I'm not at all impressed with this seasons rewards, or much else that's been released today.

This is EA (and now I guess Broadsword). They don't care about disappointing players lol. All they see is $$. 

Which sucks, because next week, I was thinking about dropping a good amount of money to buy CC. Looks like that money will go elsewhere.

Edited by Celwinn
  • Like 2

@JackieKo Can the devs explain why such major changes are implemented with zero mention of the change in patch notes or any dev posts? Not to say the classic phrase, but this is a choice that seems designed to kill the game. Conquest is a major reason for people to play, and making a MASSIVE change (seriously, that's half a character's conquest target!) like this with no prior notice seems like a) a coding error or b) an active attempt to hurt the playerbase. If this stays, I'll be cutting my playtime significantly. Myself and 2 friends run a guild together, and we play a lot with the express purpose of getting large yield conquest by ourselves. That will be impossible with this change. Without the incentive to get 5mil each week, I'll be spending a significant portion of my SWtOR time playing other games instead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

What on earth is the POINT of this nerf is what I would like to know because it doesn't affect the economy at all and just kicks guilds in the  . . . erm, privates. Not a good move. AT ALL.

I could be wrong here but it seems to me it might actually hurt the economy. With less tech frags flowing its harder to get the mats to craft gold augs for example. The price of a gold aug dropped from like 3b at the height of the economic issues , to only about 175m now. If gold augs are going to be harder to craft, there will be less on the gtn and the prices will go up. So in fact it probably hurts the economy lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, Samcuu said:

I could be wrong here but it seems to me it might actually hurt the economy. With less tech frags flowing its harder to get the mats to craft gold augs for example. The price of a gold aug dropped from like 3b at the height of the economic issues , to only about 175m now. If gold augs are going to be harder to craft, there will be less on the gtn and the prices will go up. So in fact it probably hurts the economy lol. 

Good point. OEMs are now down to between 11-30 million on the GTN (on SF). That's all I need to craft golds, so cutting into our ability to get the tech frags to craft OEMs will definitely shoot the price up on the market. What a stupid stupid move. It makes literally NO SENSE. I want to hear an official explanation from any dev.

• Like 1

@JackieKo this is a major mistake. This is a killer change. Yes, they added a few new ones for GS, but damn, this silent nerf is horrific. 100% of players use this daily for achieving conquest. To nerf this by 90+% is a slap in the face to us.

cq rep nerfed 20240312.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Celwinn said:

Don't get me wrong. That would be a good thing. I was just pointing out they won't admit to nerfing it and just blame it on being a bug.

This is EA (and now I guess Broadsword). They don't care about disappointing players lol. All they see is $$. 

Which sucks, because next week, I was thinking about dropping a good amount of money to buy CC. Looks like that money will go elsewhere.

You're not wrong. I don't foresee I will be making any big purchases for cartel coins in the near future.

Really hate these stealth nerfs. 

This objective isn't even useful most of the time as it relies on you having a reputation which isn't already maxed out, so why nerf it? It was the only reason I enjoyed new useless (no purchasable items) reps being added with GS.

• Like 2

@EricMusco  

@JackieKo

@KeithKanneg

@JoeStramaglia

WHY THO??  For a game that encourages us to make multitudes of characters for our legacy (complete with family tree), it sure is odd you would make it harder for us to complete conquest on them.

Either reset the cq points for advancement: reputation or make it infinitely repeatable to offset the loss.

Edited by Randigz
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5