Conquest pts for Advance Reputation nerfed

6 minutes ago, khamseen_air said:

This objective isn't even useful most of the time as it relies on you having a reputation which isn't already maxed out, so why nerf it? It was the only reason I enjoyed new useless (no purchasable items) reps being added with GS.

Well, it is useful if you just turn in one dark spore (whatever Seasons rep token) at a time. 😛 I'd rather milk them for cq than worry about maxing out rep on something that provides zero rewards. I just won't bother now. I'm already going through my tens of toons and thinking about which ones I'll just retire at this point and never log into again.

Conquest is the major reason for me to log in every day in between Galactic Seasons and new story content. My friend and I have a small guild and this will make conquest much harder to achieve. This nerf has taken away my incentive to log in and play on multiple toons. This hurts the game and I don't see the point of why this change was done. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Randigz said:

WHY THO??  For a game that encourages us to make multitudes of characters for our legacy (complete with family tree), it sure is odd you would make it harder for us to complete conquest on them.

Exactly! I noted above that I am already running through which toons I will just shelve at this point. Getting cq on multiple toons should not be a full-time job, and if I can't do it on twenty, fine. I won't play as many or as much (and I'm way down on play time anyway since I'm still not using the ridiculously priced Quick Travel except to travel to the nearest taxi--when it's cheaper to do that, sometimes taxis are cheaper, so I always check, or just exit to my ship and reland on the planet.).

Just now, MishaCantu said:

Conquest is the major reason for me to log in every day in between Galactic Seasons and new story content. My friend and I have a small guild and this will make conquest much harder to achieve. This nerf has taken away my incentive to log in and play on multiple toons. This hurts the game and I don't see the point of why this change was done. 

I imagine this was done to prevent people completing the GS on other severs than their main one. Before the rep conquest could complete the daily objective now you have to play quite a bit to hit the point needed.  

44 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It's a major nerf, which was not included in the patch notes, which was typical bioware behaviour.  Guess that's proof that the Broadsword move changed nothing for the better.

Basically they're going to continue removing fun things and increasing the grind.

Fortunately I left all my conquest guilds back when 7.0 hit the PTS.  It's a nice thing to get, which the reputation helped a lot with, but not worth grinding the incredibly boring repetitive stuff for.

This is such bs from BS.

We've already lost lots of options for conquest point activities as they were removed or made once per week or once per day, as well as had numerous other points nerfs.

But crashing a ship over and over until you drive 5 of each still rewards a metric f-ton of points (four different ship objectives + match objectives + potential weekly + potential wins).

Totally makes sense to me, probably why I care less and less about the so-called evergreen content in this game - they can't find the budget to actually produce NEW playable content AND they can't leave well enough along with what does exist and instead have to keep padding it out with pointless time sinks.

• Like 2

Just now, Darcmoon said:

imagine this was done to prevent people completing the GS on other severs than their main one. Before the rep conquest could complete the daily objective now you have to play quite a bit to hit the point needed.  

That's stupid. Just remove the advance rep on GS from the rotation; it's not even available every week, anyway. What a bassackwards move if that's really the reason. I want to hear from a dev on this. It's a real problem, as I see it, but if there's a reason, let's hear it from the source.

34 minutes ago, Celwinn said:

What sucks is that if the blowback is big enough, they will just come out and say it's a "bug" and they will hotfix it.

At one point didn't Musco say "if it's not in the patch notes, it's a bug?" or something to that affect.

3 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

I imagine this was done to prevent people completing the GS on other severs than their main one. Before the rep conquest could complete the daily objective now you have to play quite a bit to hit the point needed.  

They already nerfed what is earned from one season because of this - why can't they just make the rewards (especially the CC and maybe the tokens) once per legacy and be done with it.

That would also prevent the mindless rewards farmers from gaining more than the developers intended WITHOUT screwing over normal players.

Edited by DawnAskham

Just now, TahliahCOH said:

That's stupid. Just remove the advance rep on GS from the rotation; it's not even available every week, anyway. What a bassackwards move if that's really the reason. I want to hear from a dev on this. It's a real problem, as I see it, but if there's a reason, let's hear it from the source.

There is a daily objective to get 25k conquest.  It is there every day.   The weekly always has the one for getting 200k on your legacy. 

1 minute ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

At one point didn't Musco say "if it's not in the patch notes, it's a bug?" or something to that affect.

Or a trial run. Bug or not, this needs to be fixed asap. It's a killer for guilds, for paying players with numerous alts, and for even being motivated to log in at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DawnAskham said:

They already nerfed what is earned from one season because of this - why can't they just make the rewards (especially the CC and maybe the tokens) once per legacy and be done with it.

That would also prevent the mindless rewards farmers from gaining more than the developers intended WITHOUT screwing over normal players.

Technically they nerfed the cartel coins from 4k to 2k in seasons due to it helping to cause inflation.   That was the reason they gave at the time.  

The rewards are already once per legacy.  Did you mean once per account?

7 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

There is a daily objective to get 25k conquest.  It is there every day.   The weekly always has the one for getting 200k on your legacy. 

But not reputation, which is the point here. Getting 25k cq is easy enough to meet via other repeatable means (raising a comp's rep gets you almost there, craft a quick Dark Project, and you're done--both are daily repeatables). Getting 200K cq can be jettisoned for GS if that is the reason. Replace it with something else, don't drastically reduce the reputation advancement cq for everyone, including those who don't even play Seasons. Apples, oranges.

Edited by TahliahCOH
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

Technically they nerfed the cartel coins from 4k to 2k in seasons due to it helping to cause inflation.   That was the reason they gave at the time.  

The rewards are already once per legacy.  Did you mean once per account?

Once per account.

And their comment about nerfing CC to help inflation is so beyond dumb as to not even be funny - adding more CC to the game has and always will add more CM items to the market, which drives prices DOWN not UP.

The developers know this - as well as they know the more free CC that is available for players, and the cheaper CM items are in game, the less CC they can sell.

They only nerfed the rewards to prevent players from farming CC across multiple servers in order to prop up their revenue, not to assist players in any way, shape, or form.

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TahliahCOH said:

But not reputation, which is the point here. Getting 25k cq is easy enough to meet via other repeatable means (raising a comp's rep gets you almost there, craft a quick Dark Project, and you're done--both are daily repeatables). Everyone already has their legacy maxed, so that's not even an issue. This is about drastically reducing the reputation advancement cq. Apples, oranges.

People were using the reputation CQ to hit the GS daily objective. They probably nerfed it to make is so people can’t do that.  It’s interconnected in this instance.  I know I would use it when I wasn’t able to play for long due to work to get the daily GS objective. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

Once per account.

And their comment about nerfing CC to help inflation is so beyond dumb as to not even be funny - adding more CC to the game has and always will add more CM items to the market, which drives prices DOWN not UP.

The developer know this - as well as they know the more free CC that is available for players, and cheaper CM items are in game, the less they can sell to make revenue.

So again, they only nerfed the rewards to prevent players from farming rewards across multiple servers in order to prop up their revenue, not to assist players in any way, shape, or form.

I agree that is why they really nerfed the cartel coins in my opinion.   I’m just saying that according  to BW it was due to inflation.  Even then players said that wasn’t how it worked for inflation. 

Edited by Darcmoon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

People were using the reputation CQ to hit the GS daily objective. They probably nerfed it to make is so people can’t do that.  It’s interconnected in this instance.  I know I would use it when I wasn’t able to play for long due to work to get the daily GS objective. 

Yeah, I realized that and edited my post above. This is the wrong way to address this (non)problem. If they don't want people easily meeting their OWN GS goal of 200k cq on Seasons, then just remove that freaking requirement from Seasons! WE use it for more than Seasons, and I sincerely doubt anyone will care at all if that rotation option is removed from GS and replaced with some other goal. My point is that the reputation nerf cannot be justified with GS. A lot of players don't do Seasons at all, but they will still be heavily impacted by this change. I want a dev to explain this change.

Edited by TahliahCOH

I am beyond pi**ed about this. I've been unhappy with changes Broadsword has been making unannounced -or buried announcements- since they started. Fancy new dyes (that cost way too much for a single use item) and a few graphical updates and a deleted floating bottle do not make up for major changes likes this and when its stealthed in, it makes even worse. The only reason I can see this being done is the same way others are seeing it: they are increasing the grind. Conquest was nerfed before, you were forced to earn more, cut how much you got, etc saying that people were using it to level off of it and too much exp was being granted. They put in level limits as well on what could be earned when. Now that's being cut. I don't care who is responsible for the change. Some of it was BW. Some of it is Broadsword. EA is always a culprit. What matters is that its been done and how its been done.

Personally, different ways to level is always appreciated and adds a layer of variables that can help keep interest alive in an aging game with many issues. Some people use PvP to level. Some use class stories. Some use FPs. I see nothing wrong with conquest being an option either.

I'll throw in one more thing, though I'll look for a separate topic on that to further expound my feelings upon... the stealth change to the loot being 0 value and cannot even be sold to a vendor, plus mostly cannot even be deconstructed for tech fragments and the like has also heightened my negative feelings.

Fast approaching a 'I'm so over this game' attitude. I've been playing this game since beta and I've had a lot of good memories but they are years old and more and more frequently buried under negative reactions to the game and choices being made by those handling it.

• Like 3

Beware the Law of Unintended Consequences

The gap between Small, Medium and Large Invasion Conquest yields is too great and will have a huge and disproportionate impact on medium, and particularly, small guilds. 

Broadsword probably thought this roughly 90% nerf would result in our playing more SWTOR to obtain the Invasion goals we were able to reach previously and the galaxy would be more vibrant and populated.

Wrong.

It means that for many of us, including players in the two small guilds I'm in, we will simply stop playing after achieving the Lower Invasion Conquest yield and go play with our other guildies who fully migrated to ESO.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edit: Not including this in the patch notes was pretty low form.

Edited by Jdast
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gibbanator said:

I do not see how this Nurf was needed or helps in anyway. I take it peeps were complaining so they took action on it.

LOL, yeah, I'm sure there was a flurry of complaints about our being able to get our cq on numerous toons to support smaller guilds. NOT.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Randigz said:

@EricMusco  

@JackieKo

@KeithKanneg

@JoeStramaglia

WHY THO??  For a game that encourages us to make multitudes of characters for our legacy (complete with family tree), it sure is odd you would make it harder for us to complete conquest on them.

Either reset the cq points for advancement: reputation or make it infinitely repeatable to offset the loss.

Infinitely repeatable wouldn't work at least when seasons is active. For example last season u could turn one dark spore in at a time for like 50 reputation points. 5k is the max rep per week. So if u simply turned in 1 rep token at a time you could potentially get 800k conquest from an infinitely repeatable goal like that. 

If the devs are hell bent on nerfing this, then they could base it off other conquest goals that have a sliding scale. First time you do it it's worth 75k, 2nd time 50k, then all other times it's worth 25k. Which would then nerf it from 350k conquest per week from that goal to, 250k max conquest per week from achieving the goal every day. Think that would be more reasonable. 

Anyways I'm hoping it's just a bug and not intended. 

• Like 3

Just now, Samcuu said:

nfinitely repeatable wouldn't work at least when seasons is active. For example last season u could turn one dark spore in at a time for like 50 reputation points. 5k is the max rep per week. So if u simply turned in 1 rep token at a time you could potentially get 800k conquest from an infinitely repeatable goal like that. 

If the devs are hell bent on nerfing this, then they could base it off other conquest goals that have a sliding scale. First time you do it it's worth 75k, 2nd time 50k, then all other times it's worth 25k. Which would then nerf it from 350k conquest per week from that goal to, 250k max conquest per week from achieving the goal every day. Think that would be more reasonable. 

Anyways I'm hoping it's just a bug and not intended. 

It's "reputation advancement," so any advancement worked, thus my milking my spores by turning in one at a time. I get nothing for maxing out my rep on spores, but I got the daily reputation advancement cq. It was a win-win for me because I have a ton of toons, and I want to help all their guilds by getting in my cq every week. I've already maxed out my rep on everything else, so this was the only way to meet the set goal.

I think that @Darcmoonis on to something with his point about them trying to stop people from milking Seasons for the 200K cq. But if that IS the reason--and we have no idea because there is ZERO dev communication on this issue--it's wrong-headed. Nerfing a standard (i.e. even during non-Season) cq objective BECAUSE of the Seasons is just . . . ridiculous. Especially since the nerf affects every single player, including those who don't do Seasons at all.

This needs to be explained in a way that makes sense or rolled back.

• Like 1

... I cannot believe this.

I went to a lot of trouble to increase the Stronghold Bonus and advance a character to Level 50 on each of my Legacies for the Conquest Points granted by Advancement : Reputation, and now they just blow it all up without even a word?

They could have at least let us know that they were planning to do this. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, though, since they didn't bother to let us know the requirements for free transfers to Shae Vizla until weeks or months after the time that we needed to fulfill the requirements.

You know, lately, I've been feeling like I might want to take a break from SW:TOR to try other things. This just might be the thing to convince me to not only do that, but not come back here at all. Thank you, developers, for giving me ample reason not to feel any regrets about leaving.