7.4 GTN Preview Live on PTS

JoeStramaglia

10 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Not if you lower the suggested GTN price of items because you posted and bought your own items at price well below market value. Currently you need at least two accounts to manipulate the market like this on live.

Once you have lowered the suggested selling price, most people will continue to use that lower price to post their items which you can turn around and buy.

A smart seller would see that move & just buy your cheap items before it starts a trend. 

On 10/27/2023 at 11:52 AM, JoeStramaglia said:

Due to some backend changes we no longer support items with random stat allocations  on the Galactic Trade Network. These are primarily world drops from leveling up to 70. These will continue to be tradable and marketable versions of their appearances will eventually be made available in game wherever they are not currently.

This is absolutely the WORST possible decision ever. I'm one of MANY players who go through and get outfits set up at lvl one before I even take a quest. I set up outfits based on a character's spec. Because of this, half my stuff comes from the GTN. Every outfit I make, I'm on the GTN for things like boots, belts, and bracers, sometimes other pieces. We need this option, not just a promise of "eventually". 

---

On a semi-related note, it would be great to have a more in-depth dye option...like choose your color(s), and pay a small amount to unlock a slider bar to adjust colors on primary and secondary dyes To get that absolute perfect look you want. 

Also, the amount of brown leather straps that won't dye are a killer for some outfits. It ruins the whole look. I had an outfit put together last night, only to discover that half of it stayed brown, the black I chose was more of a dark grey, and the shoulders stayed silver. I had to find something else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 12:52 PM, JoeStramaglia said:
  • A buyer’s fee is added to the purchase price. This means the amount you put into the unit price is the amount you will receive.
  • The buyer’s fee is dependent on the unit price and is progressive starting at 6% (lower than current) but scaling up from there. Below is a chart that lays out the rates:

With such high tax rates as a burden to the buyers, sure price will go down, because the buyers will go mia and sell orders will pile up. If I'm wrong with my first sentense and transactions velocity remains the same, the sellers greed will remain and price will stay high, and the sellers will simply enjoy more profits out of the same selling prices. 

Since one of the reasons for inflation is sellers greed, adding buyers orders to the GTN would keep that in check for the most commonly traded items (a sort of tug of war between buyers and sellers), and it will add transaction opportunities for lower in demand items. A potential seller would see some buy orders and could decide to sell stuff they had accumulating without really thinking about it (like some mats/item that goes straight to material inventory). Overall, this would make the GTN a lot more dynamic. And have a balance between fees for creating a buy/sell order, vs a sale tax for the player who buy straight from an existing sell order.

I've been playing Eve Online in the past 2 years, and their market feature is just awesome, with chart and market history. Replicating it might be a bit hard/impossible with the crapy game engine, but worth taking inspiration from.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, JoeStramaglia said:

• Buying
    • Seller’s names are now obfuscated from the sale. This is largely due to the amount of information in the new listing page.
    • You will see many listings at the various prices here. There’s a limit though if the item is listed at many different price points you will only see the first 20.
    • You’ll always get the best available listing when you click purchase.
    • Sometimes while you're placing an order, new items might be posted for sale or items you're considering might be purchased.
    • When this happens, you will get as much of the sale as possible at whatever the best price is for that sale.
    • If there’s not enough items to cover the sale, you will be refunded the difference.
    • If you overpay due to a new lower price, you will be refunded.

All bad. Very bad. Horrible. Terrible.

1.)  "You will only see the first 20"  - this will be gamed.

2.)  I don't understand what the refunding the difference is about? Are you saying that sellers will be forced to sell at whatever lowest price is? Sorry, I'm confused.

3.)  I think all the changes are horrible. I prefer getting mail alerts not having to pay yet MORE money for extra buying or claiming slots. Can't this company think of a better way to increase profits other than fixing what's not broken or... breaking something more than it already is to the point of non function? Personally, I'll never be able to earn credits at the GTN under this new system. The only real people who will benefit are the filthy rich of SWTOR. SO sad to the point that I may have to stop playing yet again. When I do play, I'm one of the stupid people who spend too much money on SWTOR. I sincerely hope the company reconsiders this drastic move that will potentially ruin this game for many people.

Thanks for reading. I just hope you listened too.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, JoeStramaglia said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Savyl said:

The only real people who will benefit are the filthy rich of SWTOR.

Nah, the only people who will benefit are the people who don't play the game but play the GTN instead. 

I am a filthy rich in game, but I have no intention to touch the new GTN. I don't have time or interest to keep my eye on undercutters, which means I won't be able to sell anything after 7.4. I rather play the game when I log in, not waste my time and credits on playing GTN. 

My days as a buyer will be over too. I don't want to buy from the undercutters or possible credit sellers, and if I am not allowed to skip the cheapest items, I'm not going to buy anything. I don't want the game to dictate me what I can buy and from who I can buy.  If I need something I will ask around in discords until someone can sell what I want directly. 

6 hours ago, Savyl said:

I sincerely hope the company reconsiders this drastic move that will potentially ruin this game for many people.

Couldn't agree with you more. 

• Like 3

I tend to agree with others. Why mess with the GTN as a way to burn credits?

If you want to burn credits out faster, why don't you implement better credit sinks?

Why not add in some strongholds that have inflated costs.
Iconic places in the Star Wars universe that most fans would dearly love.

Examples include:
1) A Death Star or Star Destroyer as a stronghold

2) A proper, fully underwater Stronghold in Manaan

3) Jabba the Hutt's Palace with an exterior on Tattooine, maybe with a pleasure barge to decorate on.

4) A treetop village reminiscent of Kashyyk or Endor.

Strongholds like this, with a starting price of 50-100 million and expansions taking the total price up to say, 500 million (or even 1 billion) in all, could help burn some credits from the whales. Moreso for Guilds that wanted to use these, since from what I've been told, they are 3x as expensive to obtain.

Could always add Companion look-alikes for iconic SW characters and customizations.

Instead of locking them as Cartel Market purchases or behind Rep vendors or simple Tokens, give them high price tags.

These are mostly just one-time per account/server.

Seems like you could offer some loot boxes for credits that can give you chances at Cartel Market items, in addition to other things.

In all, it just feels like a lost cause, however. People are gonna game the system any way they can. This stuff should have been addressed a long time ago. The first issue, I see, was Bioware having the dumb idea to allow credits to run up to the caps we have, in the first place.

Common sense should have said, don't let players run around with 4 BILLION CREDITS in the first place. Much less allowing 100 BILLION in storage. There should have been a hard inventory cap of 500 million to 1 billion at most. And guild/personal storage should have been the same.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:16 PM, Savyl said:

All bad. Very bad. Horrible. Terrible.

1.)  "You will only see the first 20"  - this will be gamed.

2.)  I don't understand what the refunding the difference is about? Are you saying that sellers will be forced to sell at whatever lowest price is? Sorry, I'm confused.

3.)  I think all the changes are horrible. I prefer getting mail alerts not having to pay yet MORE money for extra buying or claiming slots. Can't this company think of a better way to increase profits other than fixing what's not broken or... breaking something more than it already is to the point of non function? Personally, I'll never be able to earn credits at the GTN under this new system. The only real people who will benefit are the filthy rich of SWTOR. SO sad to the point that I may have to stop playing yet again. When I do play, I'm one of the stupid people who spend too much money on SWTOR. I sincerely hope the company reconsiders this drastic move that will potentially ruin this game for many people.

Thanks for reading. I just hope you listened too.

Seeing the first 20

Only being able to see the first 20 means the first 20 stacks. Excluding crafting materials and resources, it is very rare for any item on the GTN, even on Star Forge,  to have more than 20 of that item available. I'm not really worried about this when it comes to anything but crafting.

Crafting is where only seeing the first 20 will become an issue. If a player posts 20+ of a single crafting material to block the view of other auctions, it is harder for buyers to plan their purchases. I'm not sure if doing this serves any purpose other than to be disruptive though.

Refunding

This gets a bit messy. Lets say there is 1 OEM for 50 million and 1 OEM for 100 million. You want to buy both so the GTN will charge you 200 million and refund you 50 million immediately. Last time I tested this on the PTS it charges you the highest price for all items available then refunds you the difference when you claim the item with refunded credits attached.

I'm not sure what happens if someone posts cheaper items before you buy what is currently listed. The system may sell you the cheaper ones first and refund the difference like above or could just let you purchase what is actively shown.

Claim Slots

These are an annoyance at worst. You can immediately claim an item in the GTN interface after buying to free up that slot. With 10 slots you should be fine. Buying a stack of the same materials even from different buyers = 1 slot. Buy an item, click over to the Claim tab to claim then click back to the Buy tab. No more needing to close the GTN to access the mail to pick up your items and go back to the GTN.

The only issue I have with this is that GTN notices also go to your mail and you have to go into your mail and delete them all.

The only real people who will benefit are the filthy rich of SWTOR.

This is dramatic statement. Wrong, but very dramatic. Sellers with the current system are taxed 8%. If I sell an item for 3 billion credits in the current system I lose 240 million credits. If I sell that same item in 7.4 for 3 billion, I make 3 billion minus posting fees which can be as little as 10,000 credits. The buyer is the one who pays the GTN tax in 7.4.

Would you rather lose 240 million credits with the current system or 10,000 credits in 7.4? Any seller, new or old will be able to make a profit with the new GTN and once buy orders are introduced it will be easier.

The only people who will not benefit from 7.4 are sellers who flood markets in the hopes of selling one or two of the 30 they posted, people who post items at GTN cap hoping someone accidentally buys a crafted dye for 3 billion credits, and sellers who keep posting above the market price refusing to drop their prices.

Edited by Darkestmonty

I wish there was an option to place buy orders.  It would make it easier to figure out what price the market will support when selling items and easier to unload items if you're not concerned about maximizing profit but don't want to get scammed by the NPC vendors.  Most of the time when I'm selling things I would rather just sell to the highest buyer than try to set the right price over and over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Dayton said:

I wish there was an option to place buy orders.  It would make it easier to figure out what price the market will support when selling items and easier to unload items if you're not concerned about maximizing profit but don't want to get scammed by the NPC vendors.  Most of the time when I'm selling things I would rather just sell to the highest buyer than try to set the right price over and over.

I agree 100%, it would make using gtn much more player friendly.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, JoeStramaglia said:

Due to some backend changes we no longer support items with random stat allocations  on the Galactic Trade Network. These are primarily world drops from leveling up to 70. These will continue to be tradable and marketable versions of their appearances will eventually be made available in game wherever they are not currently.

If this change goes live then I will stop using the GTN entirely, plain and simple.

It is one thing to actually improve things, but once again what you do is take things away from people, things people love and are used to. As already mentioned by others here, we've had enough empty promises to bring back this and that, which never came to fruition. You want to take the ability to purchase random world drop items away? Then add them to vendors here and now, in this very same update, not 'sometime-later'. And no, 'backend changes' isn't even close to a valid excuse, because it only means that you can't code things that people coded just fine 15 years ago.

I wonder why we don't have a range to buy items. I'm new to the game and i'm planing to make some credit by crafting items. to do so I buy some reagents from the GTN. but the problem is... some people post like 9999 stack of reagents. sometimes I don't need that much. I just need 10, or 100. I have to buy all stack to use only what I need. we should have something similar to click item to buy. how much do u wanna buy? 10/100/200... after that click and buy it. I would like to know if u have some plans to anything like that in the future.

Edited by dhelbegors

1 hour ago, dhelbegors said:

I wonder why we don't have a range to buy items. I'm new to the game and i'm planing to make some credit by crafting items. to do so I buy some reagents from the GTN. but the problem is... some people post like 9999 stack of reagents. sometimes I don't need that much. I just need 10, or 100. I have to buy all stack to use only what I need. we should have something similar to click item to buy. how much do u wanna buy? 10/100/200... after that click and buy it. I would like to know if u have some plans to anything like that in the future.

This is coming in 7.4.

• Thanks 1

Buying

• Seller’s names are now obfuscated from the sale. This is largely due to the amount of information in the new listing page.
  • You will see many listings at the various prices here. There’s a limit though if the item is listed at many different price points you will only see the first 20.
  • You’ll always get the best available listing when you click purchase.
  • Sometimes while you're placing an order, new items might be posted for sale or items you're considering might be purchased.
  • When this happens, you will get as much of the sale as possible at whatever the best price is for that sale.
  • If there’s not enough items to cover the sale, you will be refunded the difference.
  • If you overpay due to a new lower price, you will be refunded.

I appreciate trying to streamline things, but it feels like these changes are both making things more complicated while also removing a lot of the fun of selling on the Galactic Market. For instance:

Additional Changes:

• Due to some backend changes we no longer support items with random stat allocations  on the Galactic Trade Network. These are primarily world drops from leveling up to 70. These will continue to be tradable and marketable versions of their appearances will eventually be made available in game wherever they are not currently.
  • Similarly in the case of Crafted Augmented Gear, we will still allow the gear to be sold but the Augmentation Slot will be removed. We will warn you in this case before you list the item 

Why remove the augmentation slots? That's a variation that can change what people are willing to pay. It also seems to be eliminating the ability to sell some of the more unique or rare items that can make selling on the GTN interesting. 

I most definitely appreciate efforts to simplify and streamline, but I'll be disappointed if the GTN becomes like shopping on Amazon rather than shopping at a seller's market.

33 minutes ago, lauraemarsh said:

I appreciate trying to streamline things, but it feels like these changes are both making things more complicated while also removing a lot of the fun of selling on the Galactic Market. For instance:

Why remove the augmentation slots? That's a variation that can change what people are willing to pay. It also seems to be eliminating the ability to sell some of the more unique or rare items that can make selling on the GTN interesting. 

I most definitely appreciate efforts to simplify and streamline, but I'll be disappointed if the GTN becomes like shopping on Amazon rather than shopping at a seller's market.

i not know about you but whats the point to complain about the new GTN chance now when there release the update in the next 2 day's all.

I feel like you are going overboard with all the fees.   Now you charge us to even trade with someone.  You have two different fees one to list and then take a huge cut after the sale.  I understand wanting to get credits out of the market but I think these ridiculous changes will just make people list less.   We pay enough taxes in real life we don't need a representation of it in a game.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, JoeStramaglia said:

Hello there!

TLDR: We want your feedback and need your help to improve this feature further.

"but I hope you’ll agree that the new system is better overall for both the current Galactic Trade Network and the future!"

We wanted to get this into your hands as soon as we possibly could to ensure that we get your feedback while still having the time necessary to act on that feedback.

"So, with that in mind - please continue to give us feedback on this new system."

Sooooo....

You asked for Feedback... and after all that has been posted in multiple threads.... IT seems that EA/BS/SWTOR is going to ignore everything posted (except those who seem to be ?-paid-? to support these changes happily), and run HEADLONG-FULL-STEAM into this system without another word, post, tweet, or comment on respecting any of the feedback or community...

Please don't just give us lip service then go dark... actually communicate, respond, and interact with your community..

For the most Part the players of SWTOR have built a community around a game they love and an I.P. they enjoy... Why not join us instead of over-lording and dictating then ignoring us???

We would love for you to participate and inform us of how our ideas and feedback you say you value has made quality meaningful changes in the decisions that effect and affect the entire community.

Waiting to hear back from you .... please give us YOUR FEEDBACK...

39 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

You asked for Feedback... and after all that has been posted in multiple threads.... IT seems that EA/BS/SWTOR is going to ignore everything posted (except those who seem to be ?-paid-? to support these changes happily), and run HEADLONG-FULL-STEAM into this system without another word, post, tweet, or comment on respecting any of the feedback or community...

what you are telling is something not new at all since most of us know all for some years there not care that much about the feedback we give so telling that is not new.

• Dev Post

Hello folks! 7.4 is fast approaching and I wanted to touch on some changes we’ve made in the interim between PTS and what you can expect on December 5th.

• Seller Input
    • Instead of putting in the unit price and having the game calculate for you the buyer’s price, which was an adjustment from the way it currently works in the live game, we’ve changed it back to letting the seller enter the buyer’s price. This is closer to how it works in live currently and should ideally make it easier for sellers to input a price that is competitive with other listings.
    • We still show you the unit price you will receive as the seller and calculate the total expected profit, taking into account any fees.
    • The Buyout Limit is still equal to the new 3B Seller’s Unit Price + Buyer’s Fee. (Total Limit = 3,447,780,000)
  • Claim slots
    • We’ve increased the base claim slots for Subscribers to 20
    • You can still only add additional slots up to 50 at this time, but we may re-evaluate this in the future.
  • We’ve adjusted many UI interactions and messaging.
    • My favorites are clicking on the entire row will bring up the item details page in search and clicking claim will take you to the relevant claim page depending on where you are when you click it!
    • Another one I want to call out is we no longer allow listings that result in negative profit. This means you’ll need to set your prices to at least enough to cover the listing fee in order to list the item.

It’s important to note we will be making further changes in upcoming patches, so keep giving feedback! We’ve got things in the pipeline based on your feedback that I will be excited to share in the future.

Additionally, when we go live, existing auctions will expire. During maintenance, your items will be sent back to your in-game inboxes and can be relisted when the servers come back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

As a seller, I get my listing fee returned to me if the item/s don't sell, correct? If so, I won't be taxed on the refunded listing fees? If I'm charged for listing fees for items that don't sell, I won't be using the GTN to sell items, period.  Also, from what I can see from these posts, not as many buyers will be using the GTN anymore and would drastically decrease the chances of a sale. 

Edited by mindtrancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

wait. what is this calculation Buyer's fee on 3b item is 447,780,000 for a total of 3,447,780,000? That's 14.9% Is this an increase from the 8% seller GTN tax thievery? Say it isn't so!!!  oh, wait. there is a new fee for a buyer to buy something? I think I just read the humongous original post. This is a complete turn off. I don't like this at all.  Goodness gracious...  why charge a buyer a fee to buy something :(  Seller fee, fine, buyer fee? I don't get it at all.

• The Buyout Limit is still equal to the new 3B Seller’s Unit Price + Buyer’s Fee. (Total Limit = 3,447,780,000)
Edited by Saeten

8 minutes ago, mindtrancer said:

As a seller, I get my listing fee returned to me if the item/s don't sell, correct? If so, I won't be taxed on the refunded listing fees? If I'm charged for listing fees for items that don't sell, I won't be using the GTN to sell items, period. 

This, I don't care if you charge 10k or 100k as long I get it back if I don't sell otherwise I will always be losing credits if I am not able to sell the item.

3 minutes ago, Saeten said:

wait. what is this calculation Buyer's fee on 3b item is 447,780,000 for a total of 3,447,780,000? That's 14.9% Is this an increase from the 8% seller GTN tax thievery? Say it isn't so!!!

Yup, look at the first post there is a new max tax fee.

1 minute ago, KyraMalakai said:

Yup, look at the first post there is a new max tax fee.

Yeah, I don't get it...  Seller 8% flat plus buyer tax? Where are my government services for the taxes????  I want free perks like healthcare (free repairs) for all the taxes I'm paying...   :D

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

My favorites are clicking on the entire row will bring up the item details page in search and clicking claim will take you to the relevant claim page depending on where you are when you click it!

Thanks this was a UI thing that was difficult for me on the PTS!

22 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Instead of putting in the unit price and having the game calculate for you the buyer’s price, which was an adjustment from the way it currently works in the live game, we’ve changed it back to letting the seller enter the buyer’s price. This is closer to how it works in live currently and should ideally make it easier for sellers to input a price that is competitive with other listings.

I know I personally had a lot of confusion about pricing my items on PTS. Can't wait to test out this change on live.