Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

Hey folks,

The team is still digging into the issues you are seeing and they are making good progress. I should have a more concrete update tomorrow on what the issue is and timing on when we will be able to address it. Thank you all for your continued patience.

-eric

Can we expect the double XP event to be extended of another one run at the end of this one to make up for not being able to play the game or play properly while this problem is happening

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had zero problems with lag outside of my strongholds since the patch and I've played quite a bit since it released, including warzones, crafting, GTN stuff, Yavin/CZ/Ziost dailies, and running around fleet. The only time I experience the lag is when I'm in one of my strongholds that has at least one decoration in it. I tried running around an empty one for awhile and never saw the lag happen, but maybe I didn't spend enough time there. However if I add even one decoration I start getting the lag almost immediately. But once I manage to leave the stronghold I don't have any more issues.

I don't have the Rishi stronghold, and my most complete stronghold is only at 19% completion. Maybe it has something to do with how many decorations you have out altogether? Whatever it is it seems to be related to strongholds unless there's more than one issue happening. I don't spend much time in my strongholds so I was surprised when I first read about these problems since I hadn't noticed anything wrong for awhile. This definitely wasn't happening on PTS either.

This makes it sound more and more like the new LoS feature they put in for decorations in SHs in order to support PvP in the Rishi SH is possibly the source of this mess. It is really the only thing new about decorations as far as I am aware.

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

The team is still digging into the issues you are seeing and they are making good progress. I should have a more concrete update tomorrow on what the issue is and timing on when we will be able to address it. Thank you all for your continued patience.

-eric

Thank you for the update.

Hey folks,

-eric

Tomorrow for a status update on timing for a fix? Tomorrow will be Friday... which means most likely players are stuck with this until next week. :eek:

I understand it takes time to troubleshoot and establish a fix.... but this is taking way too long for something that is negatively affecting so many players. The studio needs to be on this 7/24 until it's fixed....and that includes the coming weekend if you don't have this fixed tomorrow.

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks,

-eric

So that's three days wasted of the double XP/CXP event with the game in an unplayable state before we get the next 'concrete update'... and then who knows how long after that when the problem will actually be fixed, because no doubt all the EA people will clock out on Friday and not be back until Monday as usual. Wonderful.

Good job, EA. You managed to turn the release of something I was eagerly anticipating (the Rishi SH) into a source of frustration and disappointment rather than joy. I think this might turn into the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Edited by AscendingSky

Tomorrow for a status update on timing for a fix? Tomorrow will be Friday... which means most likely players are stuck with this until next week. :eek:

I understand it takes time to troubleshoot and establish a fix.... but this is taking way too long for something that is negatively affecting so many players. The studio needs to be on this 7/24 until it's fixed.

One would think they will be doing this. If not, then there is something wrong at Bioware. Maybe they haven’t been given the budget to pay for the overtime. If that’s the case, it poses even more troubling questions.

So that's three days wasted of the double XP/CXP event with the game in an unplayable state before we get the next 'concrete update'... and then who knows how long after that when the problem will actually be fixed, because no doubt all the EA people will clock out on Friday and not be back until Monday as usual. Wonderful.

Kinda frags the Bounty Contract too. Was this not thoroughly tested on the PTU? Why didn't they identify this there and fix it before release to live servers?

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you for working on it sorry it is being such a pain in the behind.

Kinda frags the Bounty Contract too. Was this not thoroughly tested on the PTU? Why didn't they identify this there and fix it before release to live servers?

They can't stress test on the PTS sadly not a lot of people there so they gotta stress test it on the mains

I've had zero problems with lag outside of my strongholds since the patch and I've played quite a bit since it released, including warzones, crafting, GTN stuff, Yavin/CZ/Ziost dailies, and running around fleet. The only time I experience the lag is when I'm in one of my strongholds that has at least one decoration in it. I tried running around an empty one for awhile and never saw the lag happen, but maybe I didn't spend enough time there. However if I add even one decoration I start getting the lag almost immediately. But once I manage to leave the stronghold I don't have any more issues.

I don't have the Rishi stronghold, and my most complete stronghold is only at 19% completion. Maybe it has something to do with how many decorations you have out altogether? Whatever it is it seems to be related to strongholds unless there's more than one issue happening. I don't spend much time in my strongholds so I was surprised when I first read about these problems since I hadn't noticed anything wrong for awhile. This definitely wasn't happening on PTS either.

The RISHI stronghold IS affected by the issue but it does not seem as bad as the other strongholds. I've had none of the delay/lag problems on either faction's fleet (no lag on the fleet just does not seem like a normal thing to say :D ), so I've been going there to list/search for things on the GTN, use my cargo hold, send companions on crew skill missions. The big problem is accessing my legacy bank. I'm considering shelling out the millions of credits to unlock the perk for it in legacy so I can access it outside of a stronghold. Out of interest, has anyone been able to host any PvP in the new stronghold or has the problem prevented it?

Based on all the attention to our feedback those of us who used the PTS saw, I have a lot more patience for the dev team and appreciate their efforts to fix this problem however, can't hurt to say: +1 more for extension of the xp/cxp event :p

Thanks for the update Eric.

Its disappointing that I resubbed (by chance) on the same day the game update launched but other than buy the new stronghold and look around it and play one or two warzones I am precluded from listing stuff on GTN etc as its unplayable in that regard and its THE thing I like to do.

The big problem for someone like me who has played since launch is that now I tend to just go "ahhh let them go fix whatever they have broken" and I walk away from the game for a week or whatever...I'm not going to play the game and see what bits are broken and which bits are fine so I miss out on all the double cxp etc too ...cos I'll assume thats screwed up too.

Good luck fixing the game - not throwing my toys out of the pram - I hope you get it fixed soon.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric...

Can we expect the double XP event to be extended of another one run at the end of this one to make up for not being able to play the game or play properly while this problem is happening

Removed, I guess it might be different on different servers. SS works fine outside of strongholds/flagship (maybe also fleet, haven't been on it enough to say). Everyone I talked to on SS (20+ people, not counting gen chat, talking bout people I know) have 0 issues in PVP, in raids or questing.

Edited by Eloi_BG

Really, I'm ok with a few major bumps after a big patch. We do not want the developers to be afraid to tackle big things, even if many of the big design choices are not a good idea, some are. If it takes 5 days to solve, simply push all subscriptions 5 days out (thus giving 5 free days to subscribers). You could also extend the double-xp/cxp a week. Then everything is fair, no biggie.

Its a wonder they don't show more goodwill in this way to their playerbase - only ever remember once them giving a free month's play...it was in year 1 I think.

Are you for real? The game is only unplayable for decorators right now, which shouldn't care at all about XP/CXP (and it still is kinda playable, just annoying). I have been PVPing, raiding and questing with zero issues since Tuesday. I've had issues moving stuff out of banks, but a 10s delay odesn't make it unplayable. I moved out, popped and opened 3 bays worth of crates on the flagship with those delays and it probably took me like max 2-3 minutes more than it should have with the occasional delays.

I get that the bug is really annoying, but it's not game breaking. Go out there and play the game you'll see it's not that bad!

Apparently you haven't read through this thread before feeling obliged to tell everyone they're doing it wrong. The lag is not only in SHs, you can have ability lag and other weirdness anywhere.

Hey folks,

-eric

Awesome will that also includes the chapter 13 spawning bug with the droids? :)

Apparently you haven't read through this thread before feeling obliged to tell everyone they're doing it wrong. The lag is not only in SHs, you can have ability lag and other weirdness anywhere.

It's extremely limited if not barely noticable outside of Strongholds and Flagships. The problem as Eloi alludes, seems to be a decoration issue... any other weirdness may be caused by the background diagnostics. Played a few hours last night; had zero problems when I wasn't in a player housing instance. Granted, it may affect planets that have strongholds. I will find out when I get to those, if it isnt fixed by then.

I agree with those that say extending the 2XP/CXP could buy them some goodwill though...

Edited by azudelphi

There wasn't enough people on the PTS. The times I was on the PTS there were 10-12 people so that is really not enough people to test this particular item.

It's extremely limited if not barely noticable outside of Strongholds and Flagships. The problem as Eloi alludes, seems to be a decoration issue... any other weirdness may be caused by the background diagnostics. Played a few hours last night; had zero problems when I wasn't in a player housing instance. Granted, it may affect planets that have strongholds. I will find out when I get to those, if it isnt fixed by then.

I agree with those that say extending the 2XP/CXP could buy them some goodwill though...

You may be onto something. If I do anything inside a stronghold or attempt to enter anything from a stronghold it's completely messed up. Everything I've done outside my strongholds has been unaffected. To get round the issue I've gone old-school and just paid for the unlocks for the gtn and legacy banks for my characters' ships. Throwing money at problems sometimes helps! :)

I have a friend who logged in last night to a whole load of lag, logged out and back in as was unaffected even in his stronghold. He does not have the Rishi stronghold though. That could be the issue; is anyone affected that doesn't own Rishi?

You may be onto something. If I do anything inside a stronghold or attempt to enter anything from a stronghold it's completely messed up. Everything I've done outside my strongholds has been unaffected. To get round the issue I've gone old-school and just paid for the unlocks for the gtn and legacy banks for my characters' ships. Throwing money at problems sometimes helps! :)

I have a friend who logged in last night to a whole load of lag, logged out and back in as was unaffected even in his stronghold. He does not have the Rishi stronghold though. That could be the issue; is anyone affected that doesn't own Rishi?

Dont have Rishi, don't like the sprawling expanse of it so not getting it. Nothing but issues, same as everyone else has been having for the past few days.

That theory went out the window. The Imp side Shan server just crashed a little while ago.

Hey folks,

-eric

I'm calling it right now, this is a delay tactic. Message at the end of the day on Thursday, to have a "more concrete estimate tomorrow" means that the update tomorrow (probably late in the day again) will be that it will have to be fixed in next Tuesday's patch (because we can't work on weekends).

Edited by FourPawnBenoni