Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

Why was this patch still pushed live?

If you need to sell new CM items, just put them out there. I'm sure they would sell better with new content, but we as players don't find the lack of QA, especially since 5.0, reasonable.

You added a new arena and ranked season. It's also now apparently possible to get into arenas with FIVE players on your team. Really?!

You added a new Stronghold with a lot of cool features. Now all Strongholds and Guild Ships don't work properly, and other areas all over the game are also affected. There's almost no aspect of gameplay that isn't somehow worse after the patch. Wonderful!

We understand this game has way less staff than it should to run properly, and that Anthem launch is coming. But I think the vast majority of what's left of the loyal playerbase would prefer to wait for reasonable patches instead of this type of situation when any sizable addition is put into the game. Iokath's daily area was the last patch that was as bad, and many of the bugs introduced have never been fixed.

Before that, the last patch I can recall being so buggy was the F2P introduction patch in Nov. 2012. Back then, at least most things got fixed.

I suppose a dilemma for me personally is subscribing to a game I know doesn't have the staff to run it properly, even with a very slow content cadence. Sometimes I think well-tested large patches with long gaps between would frankly be better than what comes out of the studio currently.

Then again, the actual game has been a backseat to selling cosmetic items for years. So just push anything that isn't completely broken live?

Edited by arunav

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been getting some delay as well, it is minimal on my end but on occasion it does happen.

yesterday the UI crashed when i loaded up into hammer station intending to continue leveling up but i had to log out because the UI would not reset, after this the server failed to provide information that i was locked out for 10 minutes of any AF stuff so i was sat there wondering if i still had UI trouble.

sometimes certain NPC characters either within a mob or individually does not report their location properly either for example the npc is either a set of weapons floating around or just completely invisible until in combat (same is said of certain other npcs that don't show up even in combat so some can attack them and i can't see them or attack them).

when you push one of them with an ability it show you pushed them but the reality is that your push ability never actually happened as the npc runs back to its spot.

The server is not reporting on a number of things correctly any more and half the time i don't know what to expect any more.

2 days of the double XP/CXP event wasted because the game is unplayable. I can't even decorate because the lag gets so bad that it doesn't register when I put decorations down, or I put them down but then they don't show up in game. I would have hoped with them pushing back the patch to do more testing and finalize additions to the stronghold that there wouldn't be these sorts of issues. How long are we going to have to deal with this while the event timer runs out?

Just logged in for the day. (12:30am PDT) Star Forge (I have kept editing this post as my play session progresses)

Rishi SH Feedback :

Standing right next to my mail box and it says I’m too far away.

I try again without moving and it opens 10-15 secs after I click on it.

Clicking personal cargo hold opens nearly instantly

Clicking Legacy cargo hold takes about 8 secs to open

Clicking guild cargo hold opens about 4-5 seconds

GTN kiosk opens instantly

GTN search is much faster than yesterday and nearly instant (better than 20-30sec yesterday)

Switched alts, 3 Alt won’t load into Rishi SH. Had to restart game. The Alt then loaded.

10-15 sec activation lag when switching outfits

Pvp in SH : Ability activation lag in Lower Pvp area is bad. Some abilities don’t activate at all and others take 15-20 seconds to activate. Leap is a problem because you leap, but are then back where you were.

PVP reg queue on Star Forge possibly broken? I’ve now been queued for a little over 3 hours and not had one pop. With this new system of reverting to arena and cross faction, either there are less than 6 people in the queue or it’s broken.

So is the queue broken or is nobody queued? Last night at these times I was getting 8v8 instant pops. Now I can’t even get one 4v4 in three hours.

Opening command crates outside of Strong Hold is fast. Opening up and using them in SH is slow. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Other times it takes 10secs

Edit : It seems there are people in the queue and it’s popping for them. I’ve even restarted my PC and it won’t pop :mad:

Edit 2: finally been able to get pvp to pop, but every few times I accept the pop, it closes the game completely and I have to restart it.

Edit 3: getting really sick of having to restart the game when it boots me out for accepting a pvp pop. Which is nearly every 3-4 matches.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've gotten one of my characters to a planet to do heroics and so far, so good, without lag. But the companions are having weird insta-death and injury issues still. While I was walking through an area with no enemies Lana suddenly started losing all her HP and I got the "keep fighting when I'm gone" bark. There wasn't an enemy in sight. I switched her out for T7-O1 and all was well for a time, but he randomly stopped gathering nodes and stopped following. Gault was even worse; he gathered one node and then seemed to go on strike. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

What a joke this is! Seriously u released this patch and its now very much unplayable by many people. and what gets me is that its not fixed by now. Do you know what is wrong? i know if i sold a product as this i wouldn't have any customers. i would like a refund or an extention of my membership by how many days it takes you guys to do your job. right now I'm paying for something i can't use. in other words being ripped off.

Anyone know of any good reliable games that i can play while we wait on this crap of a business to fix stupid?

Not sure if related or not, but last night a large number of my guild ship decorations went invisible sort of. What I mean is it seemed as if they were gone completely, I didn't see them, I couldn't interact with them, I could walk directly through them. But the hook for each said the decoration was still loaded in it. I sent in a ticket.

This hit me last night too. I don't even have the Rishi stronghold. While in my Manaan SH I was leveling my companions with companion gifts. Every 15-20 there would be anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 seconds of "lag" before the gift was consumed.

The same thing happened when I opened GC crates. Most worked fine, some lagged out and took the same 10-30 seconds to populate the items in the right side of that window.

I don't remember too much of an issue when I was running the Black Hole weekly, or the Yavin weekly. Mainly just while I was on my SH.

Maybe it's just me, but I swear the lag is even worse this morning. Instead of 10% of clicks taking about 3 seconds to register, it's closer to 25%. Everything is noticeably slower every time.

It's probably a symptom of this, but the Stronghold name plate at the top doesn't disappear anymore and is once again blocking access to windows that position beneath it.

GTN searches seem to have taken the biggest hit since yesterday. Crafting and accessing storage is still incredibly slow. The most lagged function (for me) is receiving items from companions that return from crafting runs.

I did notice a little unusual lag on Fleet while giving companion gifts.

Bugs aside, I love the new stronghold. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Ok, this is situation is getting ridiculous.

Now I’m trying to leave my strong hold and it keeps bugging out and putting me back to the server screen. When I click on any of my Alts to go back in. It says, “your characters on this server are not available due to maintenance”.

As far as I can tell there is no maintenance going on right now.

But my wife is sitting right next to me playing on the same server.

All of these things should have been tested on the pts before it went live. That is what it’s there for, to find bugs and fix them.

Edit : now I’m stuck in a perpetual loading screen and have to ctrl Alt del to close he game to restart it.

Bioware, It might be an idea if you take the servers off line till you fix this so we at least know wether it’s worth while being logged in.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Why was this patch still pushed live?

You do understand that there is no way to do a stress test in PTS, right? It's a different server configuration, and different code base and because most players don't even bother going to PTS.

So.. unfortunately.... stress testing happens on live servers... where you can get a real player load on the server and it's code, with limited player activity at any given time.

Most times.. it's no issue with a patch ... but @#$% can and does happen. Remember how they have been constantly paranoid over the years about upping SH counts for players, and limiting the number of NPCs allowed in SHs, etc. etc... "due to concerns about possible performance problems"? Well.. here we have it in action it appears.

Now.. if this is an overload situation on server resources due to the new SH..... I'm not sure how they resolve that.... so this is a concern. Regardless..... this is making the game either unplayable or unenjoyable for most players I bet.

Until they get this fixed, I am limiting my play time to just my usual daily GTN efforts, and doing that in the Cartel Bazaar or a class ship as these both appear to be free of the problem for me. Problem is if I need to get into Legacy Storage... but I can do without that for a few days most likely.

Edited by Andryah

Ok, this is situation is getting ridiculous.

Now I’m trying to leave my strong hold and it keeps bugging out and putting me back to the server screen. When I click on any of my Alts to go back in. It says, “your characters on this server are not available due to maintenance”.

As far as I can tell there is no maintenance going on right now.

But my wife is sitting right next to me playing on the same server.

All of these things should have been tested on the pts before it went live. That is what it’s there for, to find bugs and fix them.

BW 2018: tests patch on pts, still manages massive nearly game-breaking bugs and will probably take until at least next Tuesday to fix it.

Did they not have enough pts support? Or was the patch that went live substantively different from pts? If the latter, please delay another week next time so that it goes live without the gsme breaking bugs. Those of us left have lesrned to deal with content delays. Game breaking bugs are different.

By the way, a bunch of decos in my tattoine sh are "missing" i.e. i used to have cargo hold, guild bank, legacy bank, appearance mod station, a vendor, the jawa vendors, and a mailbox all readily avaliable. I just spent 2 mill credits last night to get a guild bank on coruscant so i could have half the utility i used to have on tattoine. If i have to redecorate the entire outside area of tattooine just to get back what i had, i am going to be a very unhappy customer.

Clicking personal cargo hold opens nearly instantly

Clicking Legacy cargo hold takes about 8 secs to open

Clicking guild cargo hold opens about 4-5 seconds

This has always been true for me with SWTOR... particularly the delay in opening Legacy Cargo. I don't know if it's always 8 seconds... but it's always a noticeable delay of multiple seconds.

2 days of the double XP/CXP event wasted because the game is unplayable.

Yeah... once they get this issue stomped flat.. they really need to extend the double XP event..... and more than just adding a couple days.

But watch...based on past history...... they will say.. "yeah, we would like to do that.. but unfortunately can't due to the way the event is setup and triggered.. so we will offer another double XP event next week".. yada yada.

Edited by Andryah

This is getting out of hand. this really is.....I tried playing this morning around 0700 EST I was doing Tat heroics or trying to do Tat heroics I was the only one on Tat 2 (The PVP one) but as soon as I entered combat I was lagging like a mofo.

Eric I know you are not to blame for this but PLEASE get the servers back working or just turn them off until you guys fix this. Also please give us back the days wasted of double XP with this bug.

Thanks

This is getting out of hand. this really is.....I tried playing this morning around 0700 EST I was doing Tat heroics or trying to do Tat heroics I was the only one on Tat 2 (The PVP one) but as soon as I entered combat I was lagging like a mofo.

Eric I know you are not to blame for this but PLEASE get the servers back working or just turn them off until you guys fix this. Also please give us back the days wasted of double XP with this bug.

Thanks

Wait till you hit prime time, as Darth Malgus gets towards its prime timer with more people logging in now its getting slower and slower

Wait till you hit prime time, as Darth Malgus gets towards its prime timer with more people logging in now its getting slower and slower

I can imagine. I am sure there is something losing energy out of these servers like something that is taking up too much power why they haven't done an emergency restart of the servers yet is beyond me

Yeah... once they get this issue stomped flat.. they really need to extend the double XP event..... and more than just adding a couple days.

But watch...based on past history...... they will say.. "yeah, we would like to do that.. but unfortunately can't due to the way the event is setup and triggered.. so we will offer another double XP event next week".. yada yada.

I really can't see the harm in having double cxp/xp until the end of August. Surely that would be a win/win situation for both BW and players? More players would sub in to take advantage and whilst there in spend far to much real money (like me) in the CM for virtual shinies. Win Win! Do it devs!

My decorations in the Tatooine SH aren't being displayed anymore, especially vendors/personnel, Legacy/Personal/Guild cargo, mailbox, GTN and item modification station. It still works in others.

Mount/dismount is extremely slow and sometimes I'm being pulled back to where I was.

You do understand that there is no way to do a stress test in PTS, right? It's a different server configuration, and different code base and because most players don't even bother going to PTS.

So.. unfortunately.... stress testing happens on live servers... where you can get a real player load on the server and it's code, with limited player activity at any given time.

Most times.. it's no issue with a patch ... but @#$% can and does happen. Remember how they have been constantly paranoid over the years about upping SH counts for players, and limiting the number of NPCs allowed in SHs, etc. etc... "due to concerns about possible performance problems"? Well.. here we have it in action it appears.

Now.. if this is an overload situation on server resources due to the new SH..... I'm not sure how they resolve that.... so this is a concern. Regardless..... this is making the game either unplayable or unenjoyable for most players I bet.

Until they get this fixed, I am limiting my play time to just my usual daily GTN efforts, and doing that in the Cartel Bazaar or a class ship as these both appear to be free of the problem for me. Problem is if I need to get into Legacy Storage... but I can do without that for a few days most likely.

But you know - there was none of the last Patches without massive problems.

First they didn#t hold none of their own timelines.

Second what they then deliver has an unbelivable bad Quality.

and third the content they deliver is nothing compared with other games.

Sorry, to be clear we are looking at that server as a mechanism to isolate what the issue is. The issue is happening on all servers and we are aware of that.

-eric

Thanks Eric i will wait with my Horrible Person Title on yes i killed Speedy and made some Turtle soup tasted like chicken... https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/413178316468518915/476603652480565268/Capture.JPG

Edited by Neoforcer

This has always been true for me with SWTOR... particularly the delay in opening Legacy Cargo. I don't know if it's always 8 seconds... but it's always a noticeable delay of multiple seconds.

Yes, it has always had a delay, except the delay is twice as long.

What I’ve also found since I posted is the delay is now getting longer. In some cases it’s taking nearly 20 sec open,

I’m trying to craft some Augments and kits and I’m going back and forth between alts and the more I do, the longer everything starts to take. Frustration is too gental a word to describe how this is making me feel.

Edited by TrixxieTriss