Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Lord!

I'd like to add that using the search feature in decorations turns off the decorations list. Only quitting the game and restarting fixes it (this was an old problem that was fixed a few patches ago but has returned. Is it revenge for the killing of Speedy)?

I'm so glad to read this. I was happily decorating my new stronghold, searched for an item, and then nothing at all worked after that, despite shutting and re-opening the editor and leaving the stronghold. I couldn't even preview an item I was buying from a vendor on the fleet. I knew this had been an old bug, but because I also knew it had been fixed, I thought there was an issue with my UI or something.

Similiar Problems on Tulak Hord since Patch - it take one or two seconds when I sort Something in my Legacy bank.

Also often I have lags when playing on Tatooine or Nar Shadaa. The ping says 40-45 ms, so that seems ok

And now on Tatooine from one H2 to the next - dead.

No centent, no quality, distroyed conquest, enough is enough ...

Edited by Master_Morak

Anecdotal update, this morning:

1) Restarted my computer this morning.. and saw absolutely no change in the issue... so this is clearly server side in some way. So Trixxies suggestion earlier in the thread had no beneficial effect.

2) Still seeing transaction lag when in a Stronghold, but not in the Cartel Bazaar on Fleet. This tells me the lag issues, and ability delay are somehow location dependent. Update: Personal Starship also appears to be lag free.

3) Seemed better this morning on SF vs SS... but SF still has the problem. This observation is probably lost in the variability of the lag (see number 4 below)

4) The transaction lag is not consistent. One minute it will be terrible, another minute it is somewhat improved, and in some cases... no issue at all. So something is definitely squirrely with the servers. Yesterday's restart did not appear to affect it wither positively or negatively.. so simply restarting the servers is not going to fix this issue.

Time to go run some heroics on a cross section of planets to see what is what on various planets, and for the time being.. my GTN mules on both SS and SF have been moved to the Cartel Bazaar on Fleet. My bet is any planet that hosts a SH will also be seeing this lag.

Edited by Andryah

Delays seem bigger in strongholds. So it seems something server end couldn't handle the volume of players trying stuff out. We shouldn't be surprised as players since every time a lot of people congregate in one instance, it gets really laggy (e.g. Odessen when it was first released. I member.)

These issues seem to fix themselves when the novelty wears off and people resume their normal gaming routines.

That being said, the deco list sounds bugged.

Edited by Shirvington

The super delay with the GTN just contributed to me losing over 500K on an item which listed for the base price because the price I input seemed to happen in two different time frames. The game has become the twilight zone. I'm not bitter.....

(off topic-ish: anyone know how to fix the forum emojis? I can no longer use them since i last read this thread a few minutes ago - it's a frequent thing but I can't remember the fix for it)

Ya I was wrong earlier when I said it was fixed with the restart. It did seem back to normal speed but then as more people logged in it got worse. Today it is back to being unusable in some cases.

For those not sure what delay issue we mean I will give examples:

Personal Storage/Legacy Storage

Open Inventory and open legacy storage

Right click an item in inventory

Item disappears from inventory but does not appear in legacy storage

10-20s later it appears in legacy storage

Guild Bank

Pick up an item from guild bank slot 1 and move it to guild bank slot 2

Nothing happens

10s later it moves

Mail

Receive mail with items attached

Click the claim item button

Item vanishes from mail but nothing appears in your inventory

20s later the items appear

If you tried to click the button again before that then you get a popup about how there has been a problem with the email server

GTN

Search the GTN for an item

Nothing happens

20s later it updates

Command Packs

Open a command pack

The animation of it sparkling and vanishing plays but nothing appears in the right hand side

10-20s later items start to appear

Quickbar Abilities

There is also ability delay so if you click a button on your quickbar it does not fire for 5-10s. I had this happen in GSF yesterday so my hotkeys did nothing and I was unable to aquire missile locks.

Crew Skills

Open Crew Skills panel

Assign a mission to a companion

It vanishes from list but companion does not switch to running the mission, just continues to show the 3 buttons

After 30s+ it switches to run the mission

This could just be companions taking it easy in the blazing summer heat...

GSF Pops

Get the popup when a match is available

Click "Kill kill kill" button (or however it is labeled)

Popup closes, nothing happens

GSF icon keeps flashing

30s later the match starts to load

Guild Ship

Load in, long loading screen

Appear on ship with no decorations and unable to move off spot

20s later decorations appear but still can't move

Then guild ship intro animation plays (shuttle flying to ship)

Then can move as normal

Also randomly keep running into invisible walls that prevent movement around ship, they come and go

General Observations

The delays seem pretty random, sometimes there is none, sometimes is lasts for 20+ seconds.

When you write the durations like 5-10s it does not sound like a lot but when you are sat there waiting for it multiple times it does get very frustrating.

I've not found location to be a factor as I've experienced this on guilds ships on both Imp and Rep side plus in my personal stronghold and when I've been on fleet.

Edited by UlaVii

(...)

(...)

I was just about to post my findings, but they match exactly UlaVii's excellent list. I can confirm everything he wrote.

For some reason, it seems to be worst in my Tatooine Stronghold (I don't have the Rishi SH yet).

I also noticed unusual behaviour from mobs, at least in the CZ-198 area. Not sure if it is related, but the following happened on Tuesday evening, but not on Monday evening, 24 hours earlier:

1. The roaming probe droids kept flying at me from a very far distance in all areas. It was like I aggro'd them from the other end of the room. One even flew from down below all the way up the ramp to attack me.

2. Up on the ramps in the Czerka basement, the mobs from the second ramp attacked me despite the gap between both ramps.

Both has never happened before. I played a gunslinger with Vette as companion in DPS mode. I usually don't aggro all across the room like that. ;)

I just want to thank you for this list. Not only is it helpful for the Devs, but it's also important for the players to be aware of these as well. Great post, as usual UlaVii.

On top of that:

Massive Lag everywhere, reg wzs with 10v8 and 9v7, ranked with 4v5, unable to click nodes in reg wzs, taking 30s to enter or to get out of ranked and regs.

Unable to open Cartel Market (this might get your attention).

Edited by FiLaBugh

On top of that:

Massive Lag everywhere, reg wzs with 10v8 and 9v7, ranked with 4v5, unable to click nodes in reg wzs, taking 30s to enter or to get out of ranked and regs.

Unable to open Cartel Market (this might get your attention).

I hadn't seen the PvP issues...did that just start showing up today??

Ulaa's post is spot on in detail and breadth of the possible issues, but i should add I've only encountered the delays, pauses, and freezes in a Stronghold.

I did not encounter any of the issues while doing missions on CZ, Yavin, Oricon, and Black Hole today, but once I get back to my SH, bam.

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the detailed reports on what you are seeing. The team is looking into what is going on! I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Experiencing all the similar delays as others have reported.

I'd like to add a server disconnect issue, experienced twice. When travelling to fleet via exit guild ship exit menu, I do not get any response to button click (5-10 sec), then appear at the server selection screen. Cannot remember the exact error message, something like "Disconnected from server due to maintenance". However I am able to instantly log back in selecting Satele Shan, then my desired character.

If this happens again I'll update with exact message and screen shot.

==UPDATE==

So I was disconnected again, this time I went from Rishi SH to Guild ship SH. LINK here to what it looks like.

Edited by Funky_Munky

I encountered most of the lags UlaVii posted. Additionally i had lags with following actions:

- unstacking/splitting items in the inventory

- crafting (as example) multiple grade 10 biochem cell graft with multiple companions

- gifting presents to companions

- listing items on the GTN

While doing these actions i was on the fleet, on the guildship or in my stronghold.

Edited by mydocs

Besides the mail, GTN, and cargo bay/guild bank/inventory issues already mentioned, I have issues with:

• travel to strongholds (personal or guild, non-Rishi) has resulted in that character being logged out of the game
  • once in stronghold, some decorations (Falusia for instance) don't always appear until after 1-3 minutes after loading into stronghold
  • once laded into strhonghold, doors may not open for 1-3 minutes
    • when trying to trade with another player, the trade screen comes up pretty quicly, but after you hit "Trade" it can take so long to register that click the trade gets cancelled (and not by either of the folks involved in the trade)
    • command stash--you open a crate, wait a couple minutes for items to display, then select an item, wait, hear the noise, wait, and a couple minutes after you select claim or disintegrate, the action happens
    • giveing gifts to companions--you "give the gift" and you see the cast....a minute or two later, you see that there was an influence addition in the yellow chat, and a minute or so later, the gift is (finally) gone from inveintory

My ping remains where it has been -- 24ms or less --when I encounter these issues.

I have seen this on Star Forge, Sataele Shan, and Darth Malgus servers

Thanks.

Edited by lashalla

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is going to be doing some back-end checks on Star Forge to help diagnose the issue. This shouldn't have any effect that you will see... but if you notice some weirdness or get dropped out of your Stronghold in the next couple of hours, that's probably us.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

The team is going to be doing some back-end checks on Star Forge to help diagnose the issue. This shouldn't have any effect that you will see... but if you notice some weirdness or get dropped out of your Stronghold in the next couple of hours, that's probably us.

Thanks!

-eric

What about the weirdness happening right now on Darth Malgus server? Is it related? A lot of my decos are not showing anymore in my Tatooine stronghold, even after relogging. And loading time for the Tatooine SH is about 2 minutes now. It usually is 30-40 seconds. Apart from that, the already mentioned issues.

As it is now, the game is sort of unplayable. There are also other bugs (old bugs returning). I post in the bug report forum.

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Err, all the mentioned lags do also occur on all other servers, not just Star Forge! Tulak Hord is my main Server.

Edited by mydocs

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

It's not just Star Forge Eric.

It's been happening on Satele Shan since yesterday afternoon.

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

It's on SS too Eric, not just SF.