Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

Darth Malgus is almost unplayable... Big delays in PVP, increased ping and my character got stuck on guild ship. Couldn't exit to fleet, or travel to other planet via galaxy map because I got kicked out server selection screen.

Only emergency fleet pass worked to get me out the guild ship, but overall the experience isn't very pleasant at the moment. :(

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

The team is going to be doing some back-end checks on Star Forge to help diagnose the issue. This shouldn't have any effect that you will see... but if you notice some weirdness or get dropped out of your Stronghold in the next couple of hours, that's probably us.

Thanks!

-eric

Yeah we're having these same major lag issues on Darth Malgus server right now so is this just a test on SF and if it works you do it on the rest? Or are you only trying to fix SF and you haven't noticed the rest of us are having the problems too? :p

Err, all the mentioned lags do also occur on all other servers, not just Star Forge!

I think they understand it is on all servers, just based on the comments and reports in this thread.

I read his latest comment as ---> SF being where they are actually doing troubleshooting... which makes sense with it being the largest server configuration.

Being a common issue for the servers .. there is no reason for them to be doing backend analysis on all the servers to isolate the cause. This is basic troubleshooting... find the cause on one server... find a fix, then apply to all servers. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Just some quick feed back.

1.The more you swap characters back and forth, the worse it gets

2. The longer you stay in SHs, the worse it gets

3. The longer you stay logged in, the worse it gets.

So far the best solution for me as a pvper is to stay on the fleet and don’t swap alts. But once the lag delays start to creep up after an hour, I have to restart my PC for it to drop again.

Just some quick feed back.

1.The more you swap characters back and forth, the worse it gets

2. The longer you stay in SHs, the worse it gets

3. The longer you stay logged in, the worse it gets.

So far the best solution for me as a pvper is to stay on the fleet and don’t swap alts. But once the lag delays start to creep up after an hour, I have to restart my PC for it to drop again.

I've seen no evidence of it getting worse due to logging different characters, nor how long logged in.

SHs are definitely culpable in whatever the core issue is. I simply moved to the Cartel Bazaar on Fleet OR inside a personal starship to park my characters until they get this fixed.. and have seen no lag going this path.

This part... almost sounds like a memory leak, but in monitoring my PCs resources... I see no evidence of this.

Not saying your observations are incorrect... only that from my play.. I can only confirm being in SHs to be somehow part of the issue. Now that the studio has acknowledged the issue and is troubleshooting.. I'm sure they will get it resolved..... though timing for a fix is currently unknown.

Edited by Andryah

Can add to the anecdotal evidence from just a min or two ago:

Was on Flagship on my main checking the GTN. Delay there was becoming unbearable. Was getting Bid Refunds of items I had confirmed buying as well as the items themselves in a different mail. Mail Box loading times were extremely delayed.

Switched to a different character that I was leveling which was still parked on Hoth. Mail Box and all interactive items are working normally.

Been struggling all day with my toons in the SH, was able to get a few out and I can access them but atm any character currently in my stronghold game times out before I am able to log in. I understand that mistakes happen and bugs happen, what is frustrating if it was a bug in the cartel market the game would be shut down till a fix came out, but much like when our companions disappeared after a flashpoint or warzone and we couldn't do kotfe content without reseting we are just supposed to live with it until they decide to fix the issue Edited by Vinlas

I noticed this issue earlier today, as well. Mounting/dismounting was severely delayed, as well as doors opening. Luckily, I wasn't doing anything important and I certainly wouldn't have tried to jump into PvP with the lag.

Seemed better tonight, though.

I was running some heroics last night and the last couple were starting to get pretty laggy so I decided to call it a night.

Today, it's impossible to do anything. Just now it took probably 2-3 minutes to log in after character select. and another minute and a half for my companion and the door I was facing to load in.

I get that there's new content, but this is not okay.

I logged in and saw several people's nameplates around my stronghold that weren't actually there. While watching the load-in spot in my Tatooine SH, I saw a multitude of people's nameplates (and sometimes entire character) loading in there and then disappearing. I removed my SH from the public listing, so it cannot be someone visiting my actual SH because no one has keys to this one and it is not publicly listed, plus the number of occupants of the stronghold did not change in the Stronghold toolbar.

All other issues mentioned here are still happening tonight: super lag getting in/out of banks, mailboxes, GTN, etc. Particularly bad in Strongholds, Guild Ships or on main fleet area. Improved functionality (to what seemed "normal") on class ships or in Cartel Bazaar area of fleet only.

Back to WoW I go!

Bleedover of other players in stronghold is back at an alltime high, zoned in and could see 5-6 names, but no toons all of us seemingly stuck in the entry on Nar Shadda. Accessing and trying to move things in inventory is lagging brutally, as is loading in and out of strongholds.

Tonight I couldn't get OUT of my stronghold. Finally after trying to go through activities to Nar Shadda, fleet pass, exit to fleet, exit to DK, go to Nar Shadda stronghold, all of which appeared to load then reset and fail, it punted me to character load screen, only it locked up and didn't even load the full screen. Had to do a hard crash out and load back into the game new. At that point selecting the same toon I appeared on the Ilum space station??!!

Great they added a new stronghold but they have clearly pooched and got a glitch in the game coding affecting all the rest of the strongholds right now.

Also Shan server. Now, my legacy banks and droids disappear on my strongholds. Trying to craft is a nightmare. Have to go to fleet to get any semblance of normal reaction time.

My best guess is this has been caused by the new stronghold build.

Figure it out and fix it.