Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

On Darth Malgus several people are reporting big delays with certain actions. Server lag indicator says 23ms so seems fine there. I've experienced several myself so far:

• When accepting items from mails, have to wait 10-15 seconds between clicking the retrieve button until the items appear in inventory. It did take the COD amount from my inventory very quickly so there was a moment of "oh crap" when the items did not appear!
  • Moving items from inventory to the guild bank has a 5-10 second delay
  • Moving items from one slot to another in guild bank has 5-10 second delay
  • Moving items from guild bank back to inventory is between 10-20 seconds

I haven't seen anything more yet as handling mails and the guild bank were among my first admin tasks to do once I could get back in after the patch.

Edit: I wrote a more complete list of delay issues in this post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9634400&postcount=58

Edited by UlaVii

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like there's a few hotspots around that aren't optimized or maybe upgraded textures.

I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but I've noticed my video card fan kicks in now in the DK SH. Weird right. When I go outside, I get stuttering. Maybe framerate loss. Did they do another texture increase? Another "less taxing shadow" upgrade that increased my card's taxing?

Over 1 minute to get to character select when I log off another character and over a minute to log in after selecting next character.

When I finally do login to the guild ship there are no decorations and I'm trapped in place. Then the decorations appear 30s later but as I try to run to the ship control terminal I keep hitting invisible walls.

Lots of guild members getting DC'd.

Bank interactions are occasionally very slow

Occasionally very long ability lag (like several GCD worth)

GTN occasionally very slow

Also got randomly kicked out of server once while attempting to travel to Zakuul

It's inconsistent but there is definitely a lot of big lags right now (and they don't seem to be tied to your ping)

A bit more people that usual log on and server is already having seizures :rak_02:

Edited by Kiesu

I am experiencing the same sort of lag times on Star Forge. I've had it happen both on Fleet and in multiple different strongholds. It happens when I purchase something from vendors or the GTN, when I try to set a companion to craft or gather, when I move items between inventory and my banks, and when I try to search on the GTN.

My ping has stayed between 45 and 50 ms the whole time, so I know it's not my Internet acting up.

Edited by AscendingSky

Hahaha, I just qued a WZ, the lag after accepting took so long that I thought it bugged out, left the que, then the game teleported me on the warzone, and I was there but I wasn't part of any OPS group. My supposed team showed up as green friendly players but not blue group members. Enemies were still enemies. I even got medals. Hilarious! :D

My lag issues are getting worse. I am loading into my strongholds and the lag is so bad that not only do my decorations not load in at all, but I see floating names of other people in their own strongholds. It's like the instancing in strongholds is breaking down. Trying to initiate any action can lock me up for 15-20 seconds. Edited by AscendingSky

My lag issues are getting worse. I am loading into my strongholds and the lag is so bad that not only do my decorations not load in at all, but I see floating names of other people in their own strongholds. It's like the instancing in strongholds is breaking down. Trying to initiate any action can lock me up for 15-20 seconds.

Could be related to the new stronghold. In the past, large numbers of players in strongholds have caused massive delays. Lots of people are probably trying it out to see how PVP works in it. Maybe things will get better once the shine wears off. Until then I guess I'll need to use the Field Mail and Repair droids and the field Cargo Hold and Legacy Storage Access and stay out of my strongholds :(

I too am having HUGE issues with logging into any of my stongholds and my guilds stronghold. Missing decos and a bunch of names of people keep appearing in my SH. And I keep getting kicked off the server when I try to log into a toon that's in a SH. Help!! Please fix!!!

I can also confirm severe delay when doing any of the following within my stronghold on Tatooine:

* Equipping or removing equipped gear.

* Moving items from one inventory slot to another, regardless of inventory storage type

* Logging in and out

* Sending companions on gathering missions

* Trying to interact with the vendor in my stronghold. The vendor screen where I can buy and sell items never openes.

Trying to exit to fleet kicked me from the server, and required logging back in to the server from the server selection screen.

Server is Star Forge, Empire toon.

Edited by exploitpkg

On Darth Malgus several people are reporting big delays with certain actions. Server lag indicator says 23ms so seems fine there. I've experienced several myself so far:

• When accepting items from mails, have to wait 10-15 seconds between clicking the retrieve button until the items appear in inventory. It did take the COD amount from my inventory very quickly so there was a moment of "oh crap" when the items did not appear!
  • Moving items from inventory to the guild bank has a 5-10 second delay
  • Moving items from one slot to another in guild bank has 5-10 second delay
  • Moving items from guild bank back to inventory is between 10-20 seconds

I haven't seen anything more yet as handling mails and the guild bank were among my first admin tasks to do once I could get back in after the patch.

Are you getting activation lag while in combat?

This is also happening to me on StarForge. I logged in and none of my Stronghold decorations loaded, I thought I was hacked and someone cleaned me out, LOL. Luckily they all showed up a couple of min later but I can barely do anything in game right now.