Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s 11pm in Austin TX at the moment. You’ll have to wait till they come into work tomorrow before you’ll get an answer or fix.

Yes, but this issue was happening even before they restarted the servers earlier. I even asked in the thread Eric started for them to look into the issue if they weren't already. So I admit I'm a bit frustrated that this issue has been ongoing all day and it wasn't addressed before everyone clocked out this afternoon. Especially now that it's getting worse and making the game unplayable for some. I just bought this shiny new SH but I'm lagging out so much I can't even work on decorating it. :(

Yes, but this issue was happening even before they restarted the servers earlier. I even asked in the thread Eric started for them to look into the issue if they weren't already. So I admit I'm a bit frustrated that this issue has been ongoing all day and it wasn't addressed before everyone clocked out this afternoon. Especially now that it's getting worse and making the game unplayable for some. I just bought this shiny new SH but I'm lagging out so much I can't even work on decorating it. :(

Yeah, I can see how frustrating that could be. But the question, is it happening to everyone or ust a few? If it’s not everyone, then they may not have had it at the top of the fix list for the day. I’m sure we’ll hear something tomorrow, especially if this thread gets larger, they get more in game reports or people start spamming this topic into new threads. (All of those usually get their attention).

I’m about to login as soon as the patch finishes. If it’s borked for me too, then I’ll add my complaints to the thread(s)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I am definitely having this problem in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold. Storage takes a good 30+ seconds to load, and inventory transfers 5 - 10 seconds each. I gave up waiting for my stronghold vendor to load and haven't even tried the GTN. I've had to basically avoid my stronghold all day. :(

I'm having the same problem many others have posted about regarding delays since the update.

They are worst when using Legacy or regular cargo holds, and performance in Strongholds is atrocious when compared to before the new update.

In general, things in the game are often slower to respond, sometimes even on planets. It's definitely not my PC or internet connection, it's the latest patch.

I sincerely hope this can be ironed out quickly - it makes the game much worse to play.

Please take a look into what might be wrong.

Edited by arunav

I've been having huge delays with my legacy bank and sending companions on crew missions. When I was trying to send a companion on a mission it kept telling me that I didn't have the recipe for that.

Also the PvP toggle doesn't always work in the Rishi stronghold. I'm having to turn it off and on and off several times for every character before I go through the sky deck.

Ok, I’ve worked out the longer you play and the more time you spend in a SH, the worse it gets.

As soon as I restarted the game and flushed my DNS for good measure, it went back to the way it was when I first logged in.

My wife hasn’t been in a SH all day and she’s had no lag or “delays”.

Can I suggest everyone else try and restart to see what happens. If that doesn’t work, try to restart your pc to reset your memory.

Happing also in Star Forge. You can play normal for a couple of minutes and then having perfect fine conection, the game act like is lagging, making the actions you make not working for a couple of seconds as if you lost conection, but beeing the conetion perfectly fine. Before servers restart this happen more often, but is still in there after server restart. Edited by CristianDRamos

Game's practically unplayable, even the act of doing simple dailies. I was on both SF and SS... <X> and invisible walls galore. I haven't tried DM yet but I get the feeling it's not gonna be free of delays. Edited by vianiel

I can also confirm severe delay when doing any of the following within my stronghold on Tatooine:

* Equipping or removing equipped gear.

* Moving items from one inventory slot to another, regardless of inventory storage type

* Logging in and out

* Sending companions on gathering missions

* Trying to interact with the vendor in my stronghold. The vendor screen where I can buy and sell items never openes.

Trying to exit to fleet kicked me from the server, and required logging back in to the server from the server selection screen.

Server is Star Forge, Empire toon.

I am getting exactly the same issues I've bolded above in EVERY stronghold I own (I have them all except Yavin) and on the fleet. In addition, I'm getting delays:

• Unlocking new/saved decorations
  • Moving items from my Inventory to my Cargo Hold

Dev acknowledgement would be good, so we at least know they are aware there is a problem (please :p). I'm currently logged in on Darth Malgus.

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the detailed reports on what you are seeing. The team is looking into what is going on! I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Thank you Lord!

I'd like to add that using the search feature in decorations turns off the decorations list. Only quitting the game and restarting fixes it (this was an old problem that was fixed a few patches ago but has returned. Is it revenge for the killing of Speedy)?

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the detailed reports on what you are seeing. The team is looking into what is going on! I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

when we teleport for heroics with my group, we often turn up dead or at 5% hp, no idea what this is about

Thank you Lord!

I'd like to add that using the search feature in decorations turns off the decorations list. Only quitting the game and restarting fixes it (this was an old problem that was fixed a few patches ago but has returned. Is it revenge for the killing of Speedy)?

Oh wow...I thought it was just me. I had this last night as well. Very few of the decorations I wanted to inspect, displayed the correct decoration. All the ones on the 4 prefab vendors were affected as well as the decos in my CM wallet. I did exactly what you mentioned - I quit and logged back in and it was fixed, but I'm not sure for how long.

Yesterday I was fine. Today in my Yavin stronghold, not so much. Same issues as everyone. But its here one minute gone the next; rince repeat. Meanwhile my server lag is approx 31ms when I have issues or when I don't.

And yeah, died from falling damage when Heroic Teleporting on Nar,

Edited by LeMage

This morning the issue with sending companions on crew missions seems to be much better and things are moving in and out of the legacy bank inventory normally but it's still taking a long time to open. I don't seem to be running into the same invisible walls everywhere in the strongholds either.

I have noticed random companion issues. One of my companions had an odd insta-death when we came back to the ship from the sky deck in the Rishi SH. Walking around Yavin 4, the same companion randomly began losing HP and had to start healing herself, even though there was nothing there that could deal damage.

I also noticed the issue with no decos showing up in the deco window. I could search for what I needed and get those decos placed, but I couldn't see them all in the list. That seems to be coming and going.

A friend visited one of my strongholds (Tatooine) last night and it literally took five minutes for the elevator to work. I tried to do a heroic and it took about the same amount of time to kill one enemy - not because it was a tough enemy but because hitting it again and again did nothing and my character couldn't even move because of the lag.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Oh wow...I thought it was just me. I had this last night as well. Very few of the decorations I wanted to inspect, displayed the correct decoration. All the ones on the 4 prefab vendors were affected as well as the decos in my CM wallet. I did exactly what you mentioned - I quit and logged back in and it was fixed, but I'm not sure for how long.

This is how I felt before I searched for this thread. As for the additional decoration search issue i mentioned, I'm glad you posted as it makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one having this problem :)

Hey folks,

-eric

I queue for Solo Ranked arena, I get pop, I accept it and nothing happens. Then I realize I lost 15 ELO. How is that my fault? I guess playing this game it is.

Edited by Simplette