Mercenary Interrupt?

Durzaka

I would settle for a PVE-only interrupt. As others have said, I feel like Im the only class in Ops and HMs that can't interrupt mobs' (that are immune to CC) abilities such as shield, heal, etc.

Actually, make Shoulder Slam useful and make that our interrupt. Maybe it will find its way back on my toolbar.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would settle for a PVE-only interrupt. As others have said, I feel like Im the only class in Ops and HMs that can't interrupt mobs' (that are immune to CC) abilities such as shield, heal, etc.

Actually, make Shoulder Slam useful and make that our interrupt. Maybe it will find its way back on my toolbar.

Wow, quite a lot of unhappiness here (w tf I can't say b itching??). This post however is probably the best and most reasonable.

Personally I am happy with BH PVP endgame (Arsenal spec here), and yes I swore a few times at self-healing mobs around 30-40. You get over it and play the game. Remember: it is just a game.

Edited by Moosimoo

I was doing a Flashpoint the other night, and the boss required us to inturupt an ability. The two DPS were not very skilled, and the healer was struggling as it was. Yeah, get better DPS. I know that. But I should at least be able to carry them through a normal mode flashpoint boss with an inturupt. Edited by Marksmann

• 2 weeks later...
In all honesty, if you are hurting for an interrupt on the Merc, you are missing the bus something horrible.

Standard and Weak target CC

Explosive Dart

Fusion Missile

Death From Above

Strong and Elite target CC

Jet Blast

Rocket Punch (Talented)

Electrocute

(Line of Sight)

If you aren't using any one of these, start doing so.

The Merc has range and mobility. Learn how to kite and when needed pillar hump.

If you are having trouble with a healing mob go into melee range and interupt with rocket punch and jet blast. If you aren't spec'd for rocket punch, stop crying, go respec...its not a game balance issue if you can get the tools and choose not to...

Non-stunnable/knockback-able Boss/Champion mobs:

?

While I agree that this would be nice to have, as other have stated there is a work around with this. As long as you aren't fighting a boss mob. I've had no problems soloing most of my levels with my Merc.

You want bad? My Juggernaut does not get any kind of CC.

Edited by Reavyn

• 2 weeks later...

In this game it seems that an interrupt is necessary. Some mobs either have massive healing abilities or massive damage abilities that if not interrupted will either make the fight last forever or kill you very quickly. With my other toons i find that i use my interrupt on CD for more difficult fights, it doesn't matter what ability you are using with a bounty hunter you are not going to be able to interrupt enough to make the fight possible with certain mobs. Even with an interrupt on different toons i use other abilities to interrupt because the mob spams faster than my interrupt CD.

This game unlike others seems to require the use of interrupts to get by, either you learn to use your interrupt or you are going to die (a lot). It is not like wow where at 85 most people still can't figure how to accomplish it. Which is why i was so surprised to see that the BH does not receive one (as every other class does). I hope that this problem will be somehow remedied. :)

yeah, because mercs obviously need a buff. o0

not everybody has to get every tool in the box, mercs get other things pts don't, a 60sec stun in pve for example... that one is a LOT better then having that interrupt.

you can use your rocket punch/stun/knockback to interrupt if you have to, you don't need more. Not having access to a standard interrupt seems to be an intended vulnerability of the class and is ok as it is.

Edited by Korevas

you can use your rocket punch/stun/knockback to interrupt if you have to, you don't need more. Not having access to a standard interrupt seems to be an intended vulnerability of the class and is ok as it is.

But why are we the only class that doesn't have one? Your logic might make sense if we had some other tool that made us better at something than another class, but we don't. The ways to interrupt that you listed are also completely useless against any elite+ in PvE.

It's not your job to sit here and tell us what we need or don't need. Maybe next time you can actually add something constructive to the conversation.

yeah, because mercs obviously need a buff. o0

not everybody has to get every tool in the box, mercs get other things pts don't, a 60sec stun in pve for example... that one is a LOT better then having that interrupt.

boss immunity to CC makes your statements situationally not true, and in raiding it is normally more not true than true

Another post of somebody with absolutely no clue of anything including game mechanics. Thanks for stopping by, no go pls and leave it to ppl who know what they are talking about.

Edited by Devoter

While not having an interrupt is quite odd, be honest with yourselves ... how often do you find yourself fighting a boss with 4 (or 8) Mercs and wiping because no one can interrupt that ability of doom?

The Imperial Agent stun eg is melee range, white ours is full range and we can use our knockback on the move - just to put things into perspective.

From a pure PvP bias however it makes no sence screwing 1/7 of all classes v.s. healers.

I've faced tons of healers.

I don't suck.

Unless they are already almost dead or fighting against another player already, theres no way in the nine hells to kill a half competent healer with pure damage (and mind that mercs have high damage but not the best one) and just a 4 second stun (he can also trinket out of it if needed) unless the healer is poorly equiped.

The knockback and improved rocket punch would be a point if:

a) Mercs were a close combat class instead of a long ranged class.

b) Worked on bosses or players with inmunities.

Add that mercs and their mirror are the only AC in the entire game without it and we have a serious issue.

Having some HMs with 2 mercs as DPS is a PAIN when some skill MUST be interrupted, since it might even force the healer to waste time interrupting. No other duplicated class has that problem when doing HMs. That problem afects pve also, not only pvp

Ok yes snipers get a interrupt, but they also have no heals and they are extremely squishy. Not to mention their knock back only works while they are covered which is pretty annoying . They have a interrupt because they absolutely need one, usually its interrupt or die . Also should add that the only mez they have that is ranged is flash grenade, the other quick stun is close ranged which is pretty annoying . We are far more durable,while keeping the same damage, while having even some heals that don't even require us to cast, not to mention energy shield, and the ranged stun . I play both gunslinger and merc and there has hardly ever been situations where I missed the interupt from my gunslinger. We really just don't need one

Unless they are already almost dead or fighting against another player already, theres no way in the nine hells to kill a half competent healer with pure damage (and mind that mercs have high damage but not the best one) and just a 4 second stun (he can also trinket out of it if needed) unless the healer is poorly equiped.

Add that mercs and their mirror are the only AC in the entire game without it and we have a serious issue.

Having some HMs with 2 mercs as DPS is a PAIN when some skill MUST be interrupted, since it might even force the healer to waste time interrupting. No other duplicated class has that problem when doing HMs. That problem afects pve also, not only pvp

This, give us an interrupt or an escape ability. They could even make shoulder slam 30m range without needing them to be CC'd to activate it, so we can close distance for the "jet boost half axed knockback interrupt". Seems complicated but that might balance out the others concerns.

Edited by Verraton

It's all about numbers. I can spam my highest heals and even when I'm not out of resource, I still get killed by one person. Barely, but I do. It's because PvP is highly gear-based. So you fought a nicely geared sorc or what have you. I've been nuked by an Assassin in 5 seconds. Op? Quite the contrary.

We powertechs dont have cc but see me complaining? :p

lol you are full of crap. My Vanguard has a 4 second stun on a 50 second cooldown (Cryo Grenade). Electro-dart is the mirror version, and it's a baseline Bounty Hunter ability. Don't give me that crap.

Edited by Greyfeld

lol you are full of crap. My Vanguard has a 4 second stun on a 50 second cooldown (Cryo Grenade). Electro-dart is the mirror version, and it's a baseline Bounty Hunter ability. Don't give me that crap.

He meant him as a powertech AC doesn't get a stun like the Merc's sleep or whatever. I've been sleep'd by a commando, so I guess he's referring to a mirror.

We get harpoon which is technically CC as it affects resolve and will not work on a white bar'd target.

Harpoon changes the enemies location and is like an interrupt and a 2 second stun (While you pull them to you). Tanks can put a 3 second snare on it afterwards.

EDIT: I meant grapple. I don't have a powertech, I have a vanguard. the angle people hold pistols in this game is odd to me. Also punching you in the fact with a jetpack is less cool than my elbow.

Edited by Zunayson

I remember fighting a Jedi type boss and they had healing and I used my jet pushback and electro-dart and it would actually interrupt what they were doing, but the second they got their footing from the pushback or from the dart the heal resumed.

For a big boss, I'm guessing that the interrupt would end the cycle and you'd be OK, but for the lesser bosses (like not the main one in a flashpoint, but one who was Elite) it bites to have them resume their heal immediately.