Mercenary Interrupt?

Durzaka

to those who claim that rocket punch and jet boost are interrupts, i mean seriously?

we are talking about knockbacks that works at close distance,on pvp unless you wanna get murdered you have to stay 30m away from the enemy,WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN CLOSE COMBAT?,as mercenary you have to position myself on a ledge to exploit your knockback ability to keep distance from the melee units,using the rocket punch as interrupt is very VERY situational.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to those who claim that rocket punch and jet boost are interrupts, i mean seriously?

we are talking about knockbacks that works at close distance,on pvp unless you wanna get murdered you have to stay 30m away from the enemy,WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN CLOSE COMBAT?,as mercenary you have to position myself on a ledge to exploit your knockback ability to keep distance from the melee units,using the rocket punch as interrupt is very VERY situational.

This.

Agreed.

My Powertech wants a CC and threat dump and knockback then. They are not going to give you an interrupt. You guys can not have everything. All the the classes get different abilities so they are appealing for your group make up. Edited by Necrosov

My Powertech wants a CC and threat dump and knockback then. They are not going to give to an interrupt. You guys can not have everything. All the the classes get different abilities so they are appealing for your group make up.

mercenary

1 stun with 1 min CD

1 aoe knockback with 30 sec CD (20 sec only arsenal)

1 knockback of 4m....

1 incapacitate with 1 min cd with 2 sec cast time

Powertech

2 gap closers

1 stun with 50 sec cd

1 AOE stun with 45 sec cd

1 interrupt

1 immobilize

stealth scan stun the enemy for 3 seconds

how i didnt notice,it's perfectly balanced!!!!!!!!

mercenary

1 stun with 1 min CD

1 aoe knockback with 30 sec CD (20 sec only arsenal)

1 knockback of 4m....

1 incapacitate with 1 min cd with 2 sec cast time

Powertech

2 gap closers

1 stun with 50 sec cd

1 AOE stun with 45 sec cd

1 interrupt

1 immobilize

stealth scan stun the enemy for 3 seconds

how i didnt notice,it's perfectly balanced!!!!!!!!

Yeah nice try there but everything you just listed except for the interrupt and our 2.5 sec AE stun requires points in different skill tree's.

Edited by Necrosov

Yeah nice try there but everything you just listed except for the interrupt and our 2.5 sec AE stun requires points in different skill tree's.

same goes for the rocket punch knockback and the jet boost with 20 seconds

plus for pvp 1v1 jet charge and no escape are a must,every PT on my guild is half specced on ST

same goes for the rocket punch knockback and the jet boost with 20 seconds

plus for pvp 1v1 jet charge and no escape are a must,every PT on my guild is half specced on ST

Then obviously your guild isnt very good.

A good PvP guild would mak sure they have certain amount of each spec, to bring what they want in war games.

Then obviously your guild isnt very good.

A good PvP guild would mak sure they have certain amount of each spec, to bring what they want in war games.

you cant force a player to play what they dont want to play

you cant force a player to play what they dont want to play

Nope, but you can make a logical, intelligent argument based on what you know would result from having too many of one class and too few of another. And if the players are all saying, "I play what I want how I want," then you never had a chance to be any good anyway. Having all selfish, whiny players is the first key to a failure in any group activity, pvp or pve.

Isn't the imperial agent the only class without a baseline knockback ?

Isn't the sith warrior the only class without a baseline stun ?

Get over yourselves. If you want to make all classes equal, go back to wow. A well played Bh can rip through enemies in both pvp and pve. There's a thread here about what a BH is all about, look around, in pvp you're the backline nuker, you're in a group, there's other classes that can interrupt but can't put out half of your dps output. And in 1v1, make use of your talents, every AC class has a form of interrupt in some tree or other, spec it if you're so worried about losing a fight.

Hate to say it, but l2p.

Why ruin your point by saying go back to WoW, MMO's can only be so different -_-. He's making a simple argument and you lash out as him, this is the same community you people have grown to resent in other games, yet you do the same thing in this game by bringing your ridiculous logic and egoistical reasoning here. Frankly I don't think anyone should tell anyone to L2P, how do you know your playing the right way? What facts do you have and studies have you done to conclude you should be giving advice, or even commenting on subjects, we don't even know if each other is the max level, or even of the same class. Why don't we all step back for a moment, throw away petty OPINIONS, focus on the facts of the class and the game, and we could all make a conscious effort to come to agreements about how we feel about the game, instead of a endless forum of "whiners" and "flamers"...but that won't happen so feel free to flame away, as I just hit level 50 and do not feel strongly either way(concerning the interrupt) because there are certainly ways around it, and I agree with others that a flat out interrupt would be nicer at times then having to run into range and since Jet Boost has no range indicator, I have missed with it when I thought I was close enough. It hasn't ruined Mercenary healing in pvp for me, but it'd be a nice ability to have in the back pocket.

Why ruin your point by saying go back to WoW, MMO's can only be so different -_-. He's making a simple argument and you lash out as him, this is the same community you people have grown to resent in other games, yet you do the same thing in this game by bringing your ridiculous logic and egoistical reasoning here. Frankly I don't think anyone should tell anyone to L2P, how do you know your playing the right way? What facts do you have and studies have you done to conclude you should be giving advice, or even commenting on subjects, we don't even know if each other is the max level, or even of the same class. Why don't we all step back for a moment, throw away petty OPINIONS, focus on the facts of the class and the game, and we could all make a conscious effort to come to agreements about how we feel about the game, instead of a endless forum of "whiners" and "flamers"...but that won't happen so feel free to flame away, as I just hit level 50 and do not feel strongly either way(concerning the interrupt) because there are certainly ways around it, and I agree with others that a flat out interrupt would be nicer at times then having to run into range and since Jet Boost has no range indicator, I have missed with it when I thought I was close enough. It hasn't ruined Mercenary healing in pvp for me, but it'd be a nice ability to have in the back pocket.

You make a good argument here and I won't deny i was a douche up there. But whines like these led to the homogenization of classes in WoW and eventually its death. Seeing how already ToR heavily copies WoW mechanics (except their fluidity and responsiveness, of course) it's not so far fetched to think this game is going towards the same direction. BW already showed a lack of balls by copying an already existent system instead coming up with a new one and reinvent the wheel. If they lack balls, they will succumb to the whine and do whatever makes the paying sheep happy. That's my reason for being a douche.

I know i'm playing the right way because here, like in WoW, i rolled classes. Of course they're not all max level here, not yet. But it was enough to get a "feel" for the class, to know their limitations and weaknesses and C-C-COMBO BREAKERS ! It's not the class that makes or breaks the player, it's the player that makes or breaks the class.

As a merc, you're either at max range spamming your tracer missile, in which case getting out of the heat zone is one backpedal away, or you're into the fray and you use your knockbacks as interrupts. Should agents/smugglers ask for a knockback only because they have none ? You can't deny KB's utility in huttball, KBs are a godsend there. To a lesser extent, the bridges in Voidstar also are KB traps. I'm not seeing any topics on that in either the agent or the smuggler forums. You mean to tell me agents and smugglers can live without knockbacks and you can't live without interrupts ? Same goes for warriors/knights and baseline stuns.

It's all about adapting. If you want to be an interrupt class, roll something else. It a matter of days to get to max level with a bit of effort. BH is about something else, be it the insane dps of a merc or the immortality of a PT. But this whine is a simple "i want to have my cookie and eat it" or "other kids have a toy that i don't even though other kids don't have some toys that i do, but GIVE MEEEE ALLLL !"

Seriously. These are the kind of people i love to meet in WZs on the enemy side.

Alright this is what I like to see, and I too fear the community will get out of hand left unchecked, as I learned with games like WoW and other MMO's, the community can change almost anything with enough people wanting the changes, so we should be wary that we're making the right decision and not one out of exaggerated personal experiences. Although some will never consider anything balanced, I think a community that has factual knowledge of all the classes and abilities can achieve it(I know that is also asking for a lot of people lol). I don't have much experience with Mercenary myself, but I believe this is a stronger class than the threads I see on this board. It's up to those who are knowledgeable to be willing to teach as well as those who want to get better be willing to learn. Of course there will people with no idea what their talking about, but ignorance can easily be remedied with the right attitude from both sides. Clearly you have more experience with the class and have shown me a perspective that I have not yet considered, that other classes lack things but in a Warzone(where I assume a majority of pvp is going on) this does make every class a bit more important(I believe that is your point?) if so I am in favor of your view on this matter. The WoW mindset is admittedly still present in myself as well, but I'm learning that this game causes one to think more about the big picture and see the harmony of all the classes, instead of just my own character's individual skill set, but I don't have much perspective into what BW is trying to specifically of course.

You don't get every tool in the toolbox sorry. As a Jedi sentinal I get an interupt but don't get a knockback, long CC, or long stun.

Which is totally understandable unless the game is designed around everyone having an interrupt.

Strong or Elite that can self heal can be almost unkillable for a bounty hunter because at that level the stun and knockbacks don't work.

People have to understand Jet Boost, talented Rocket Punch and Electro Dart, are not interrupts. They are crowd control effects. Hence, they are useless on a boss in a Flashpoint or raid because they are all immune to CC and movement impairing effects.

Go try those powers out in a flashpoint and have fun interrupting a boss were you need to stop his cast from either wiping your group or healing himself.

Its fun watching a boss cast his ability and doing nothing about it. Yes you have teammates that can do that especially the tank but if his is on CD or theres a GCD cuz he's using a power to keep the boss on him. Fun times.

Ex: was pugging red reaper and on the last boss, part of the mechanic of the fight is to interrupt his adds, for whatever reason the 2 ppl that could interrupt weren't doing it or got the timing down wrong so I was just standing doing nothing cuz the boss and adds (are immune to CC effects (thats means stuns and KBs/which means electro dart and jet boost) are immune to damage until they got interrupted.

And in PVP there is a thing called a resolve bar. Where they are immune to CC effects. So go ahead and try and use jet boost and electro dart on that player and see them continue casting whatever power in front of you.