Mercenary Interrupt?

Durzaka

Youre joking right?

First, cant use on the trail because it requires a companion (at least most 20 min cds do, i havent checked). So i need to use a 20 minute CD to be able to a counteract what a heal needs to do nothing to counter.

You obviously are delusional about the damage a BH can do. 4 seconds isnt even close to enough time to kill a healer. thats enough time for explosive dart 3 TM and a rail shot. That wont do 10k+ damage in a warzone.

Again, youre only counter argument is for Mercs to use our STUN to interrupt a spell, which shouldnt need to be used.

Ill accept the argument for no interrupt before ill accept the argument to use stuns and a 20min cd to kill a healer.

Forgot that part about On The Trail, I don't do warzones.

Secondly, you are starting to be condescending, which is crossing the line. This is a conversation between adults, keep it that way.

Thirdly, we don't have an interrupt and won't have one within the next several months at the least. No MMO that I have ever heard of has patched in an ability within the first few months of a game.

I would like an interrupt, I really would. But facts are facts and we have to either deal with it for the time being or you can reroll. Take your pick. Personally, I am gonna deal with it because I still love the class.

Yesterday I took down one of the random Hero enemies in Nar Shadaa with 24k health in 1 minute. He was spamming self heals, and was one level above me (22). I used the stuns as interrupts and kept him up against a wall so I could use my knockback without sending him out of range of my next knockback. I know it's not pvp, but my point is we can work around needing an interrupt for the time being if you use your area to your advantage.

And about needing to interrupt bosses, you have 3 team members who all apparently are able to interrupt. If 3 people with interrupts can't handle a boss, your group has more problems than needing a 4th interrupt.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot that part about On The Trail, I don't do warzones.

Secondly, you are starting to be condescending, which is crossing the line. This is a conversation between adults, keep it that way.

Thirdly, we don't have an interrupt and won't have one within the next several months at the least. No MMO that I have ever heard of has patched in an ability within the first few months of a game.

I would like an interrupt, I really would. But facts are facts and we have to either deal with it for the time being or you can reroll. Take your pick. Personally, I am gonna deal with it because I still love the class.

Yesterday I took down one of the random Hero enemies in Nar Shadaa with 24k health in 1 minute. He was spamming self heals, and was one level above me (22). I used the stuns as interrupts and kept him up against a wall so I could use my knockback without sending him out of range of my next knockback. I know it's not pvp, but my point is we can work around needing an interrupt for the time being if you use your area to your advantage.

And about needing to interrupt bosses, you have 3 team members who all apparently are able to interrupt. If 3 people with interrupts can't handle a boss, your group has more problems than needing a 4th interrupt.

My complaints are only about PvP.

Because you were able to solo a boss using the knockback mechanics and a wall have no affect on pvp at all, because you cant do it reliably.

That is just ridiculous.

I can understand them thinking its to balance out our damage, but our damage is not out of this world compared to sorcerers or snipers.

What am i supposed to when i see someone charging something at me and there is no LoS? Oh, i guess since i have heals that have an hour cast time i dont need an interrupt.

Every class needs an interrupt if there are cast times in a game.

I'll take a little pain while leveling if it mean not being kick ***** in ops.

2 days ago i have agreed that i dont need a interrupt...

Now after i hit lvl 39 and have quested on Quesh i have to change my mind about it. There are lot of Healers you have to kill and its kind of hard sometimes. My gear is up2date but they have too much hp to just burst them because you reach 100% heat before they die.

You have 3 interrupts, but 2 of them are close range and a merc is a... wait for it... range dd.

Then there is only tracer dart and thats on a gcd, has a long cd etc...

I think some normal range interrupt would be good. Not too op, that you can kill anything, but it should be possible to interrupt some heal now and then.

Edited by Devoter

Now after i hit lvl 39 and have quested on Quesh i have to change my mind about it. There are lot of Healers you have to kill and its kind of hard sometimes. My gear is up2date but they have too much hp to just burst them because you reach 100% heat before they die.

You have 3 interrupts, but 2 of them are close range and a merc is a... wait for it... range dd.

I think some normal range interrupt would be good. Not too op, that you can kill anything, but it should be possible to interrupt some heal now and then.

Try hotkeying Mako's cc ability and use it to interrupt when needed. That staggered with electro-dart should be enough. I never really had problems with the mobs on Quesh though.

your nothing but a troll period.

how often do you want to repeat yourself?

why should bh find a workaround when everyone else has a normal interrupt? oh yeah i forgot 5% more mitigation from heavy armour.

just stop embarrasing yourself.

couldnt have said it better myself

This thread is a QQ Post period. People are crying for an interrupt just because other classes have them. BH's are fine and more then capable of killing any casting class. Stop worrying about what other classes have and just practice in getting better at your own. Like I said, good pvpers stand tall over FotM classes or imbalances and the crazy thing is BH's are FINE lol. It's a rather easy class. Just go practice. BH dps output is insane so while the other class your fighting is casting your blowing them up. Chain your CC's and like I said practice.

still waiting for an actual reply to my arguments or do you not have one?

it will only get worse. and using mako is a work around not a fix. all the things I see here are the same things I saw in beta forums. you don't need one you have "insert kb/elctro dart/talented skills/ companion etc..."

wait until you fight a level 50 heal speced sorc/sage and have to run away from them because you cannot stop their heals. they can bubble/heal through your damage and there is nothing you can really do about it. once your heat maxes out they just use their base nuke (rocks or lightning) and can kill you with no problem. not only do they have the same "interrupts" as you they actually have a real one and will lock out your tracer missile ( or any other cast ability) for 4 secs.

mercs need the same interrupt at least as powertechs, would love to have the snipers, but i would settle for just having the ability even if it is melee range, since we are the only class without one (and our mirror).

Edited by archfiend

it will only get worse. and using mako is a work around not a fix. all the things I see here are the same things I saw in beta forums. you don't need one you have "insert kb/elctro dart/talented skills/ companion etc..."

wait until you fight a level 50 heal speced sorc/sage and have to run away from them because you cannot stop their heals. they can bubble/heal through your damage and there is nothing you can really do about it. once your heat maxes out they just use their base nuke (rocks or lightning) and can kill you with no problem. not only do they have the same "interrupts" as you they actually have a real one and will lock out your tracer missile ( or any other cast ability) for 4 secs.

mercs need the same interrupt at least as powertechs, would love to have the snipers, but i would settle for just having the ability even if it is melee range.

Same scenerio happened to me earlier, it was embarassing.

My favorite part about the "you dont need one you have blah blah blah" argument is that everything they listed there EVERY class has. (except knights/warriors, but i am quite aware they need that change too)

A healing speced Sage has an interrupt AND a ranged stun.

In all honesty, if you are hurting for an interrupt on the Merc, you are missing the bus something horrible.

Standard and Weak target CC

Explosive Dart

Fusion Missile

Death From Above

Strong and Elite target CC

Jet Blast

Rocket Punch (Talented)

Electrocute

(Line of Sight)

If you aren't using any one of these, start doing so.

The Merc has range and mobility. Learn how to kite and when needed pillar hump.

If you are having trouble with a healing mob go into melee range and interupt with rocket punch and jet blast. If you aren't spec'd for rocket punch, stop crying, go respec...its not a game balance issue if you can get the tools and choose not to...

In all honesty, if you are hurting for an interrupt on the Merc, you are missing the bus something horrible.

Standard and Weak target CC

Explosive Dart

Fusion Missile

Death From Above

Strong and Elite target CC

Jet Blast

Rocket Punch (Talented)

Electrocute

(Line of Sight)

If you aren't using any one of these, start doing so.

The Merc has range and mobility. Learn how to kite and when needed pillar hump.

If you are having trouble with a healing mob go into melee range and interupt with rocket punch and jet blast. If you aren't spec'd for rocket punch, stop crying, go respec...its not a game balance issue if you can get the tools and choose not to...

Yet another person listing skills to replace interrupt.

Please read the thread and you can see the answer to all of these. But in short, this is mostly about pvp and boss mobs. And none of your answers work for either, except LoS which isnt always avilable.

Wait, mercs have mobility? You mean the ultimate turret class (arsenal) can do most of its dps while running? news to me.

Also, im a ranged class, i shouldnt be running into melee to use a talented melee knockback as an interrupt.

Edited by Durzaka

edit: someone beat me to it, we're talking about pvp

it is just an annoyance in pve. you can work around it (you shouldn't have to) but you can. again people need also need to stop bringing talented rocket punch into the conversation even from a pve perspective. not everyone can/will have it.

the effect becomes much more than just annoying in pvp however. jetboost does really nothing. it knocks them back and "interrupts" them but because of the animation it really buys you nothing (when they land you land so your back to square 1), if you have talented rocketpuch you just moved them away and they simply begin to recast.

without a true interrupt you are at the mercy of your heat. you will not, again will not, be able to burst a lv 50 down, you will either manage your heat and chip away or overheat and blow your vent heat. even blowing vent heat and full on bursting you cannot kill any sort of competent healer, it is hard enough just killing another dps who has heals (bh, ops etc).

I'm not saying you should be able to burst any healer down. but as it stands (like in beta) you are really just an annoyance. you do not hit hard enough, or fast enough to be a threat. Snipers push heavy hits so a healer needs to actually watch out, BH is more constant and manageable damage with some bursting here and there. Mercs need a way to stop casting to provide pressure and possibly win with good use of cool downs.

Yeah this is a bit ridiculous. We're a RANGED class so settling for melee interrupts(Jet boost and rocket punch) isn't acceptable.

We lose our ranged advantage if we have to run up to the target to interrupt them.

Any advantage you gain by running up and interrupting you'll have to make up by standing still for even longer to out heal the damage you'll take by being closer and getting interrupted by the other class.

I play a lot of PvP, and I'm typically 1st or 2nd on the damage chart and I am going to agree w/ both sides... (can I do that?).

I keep wanting to interrupt by nature, and I feel every class should have a plain interrupt, that's not tied to a long CG stun ability. (Old Shammy looking for Earth Shock). So I use E-Dart and Jet Boost ATM.

At the same time, I had this conversation w/ a friend on Vent...

Me: Man, I was I had another interrupt.

Buddy: You have Tracer Missile, QQ more.

His point was that this lack of a plain interrupt isn't a class breaking issue when the DPS output of BHs is so strong. It mitigates some of the issues with the class.

Honesty, when they start getting around to addressing classes specifically or an expansion, I think we'll get a interrupt.

Electro dart and jet boost all interrupt, a talented rocket punch I believe interrupts as well since it moves the target.... So we have 3 interrupts, but no interrupt direct ability on cd. Which is odd but considering our other forms of interrupt I can somewhat understand.

I've played Boarding Party yesterday and i was lvl 40, so 7 lvl higher then the fp was designed for. With me 3 lvl 33 chars. The last 3 man boss grp has one healer with it and it really drive me nuts that i couldt interrupt the heals. Only the tank and the healer where able to interrupt and the healer had his hands full with keeping the grp alive. The interrupt of the tank was on cd all the time and I'm had no useability to bring to the table. That's just bad class design. I'm in that grp as an DD and it should be my role also to watch out for things like interrupts.

Btw for some ppl: the boss is (like every other) immun to something like rocket punch etc.

I've played Boarding Party yesterday and i was lvl 40, so 7 lvl higher then the fp was designed for. With me 3 lvl 33 chars. The last 3 man boss grp has one healer with it and it really drive me nuts that i couldt interrupt the heals. Only the tank and the healer where able to interrupt and the healer had his hands full with keeping the grp alive. The interrupt of the tank was on cd all the time and I'm had no useability to bring to the table. That's just bad class design. I'm in that grp as an DD and it should be my role also to watch out for things like interrupts.

Btw for some ppl: the boss is (like every other) immun to something like rocket punch etc.

I just healed through Boarding party as an arsenal speccd merc at level 30 - not a single point in anything healing related :D. Really wasn't that hard. All you have to do is get the tank to grab aggro, and pull the shield guy to the corner and dps him down. next you dps down the healer, then the boss..

I'm leveling bodyguard because I like to do Flashpoints. It be nice if we got are tanking companion earlier for the Bodyguard folks but I digress.

I was doing Tatoonie and at the end of the story. I kept getting the sand people to just a slither of health my stun and knockbacks were on CD they healed back higher than what I could take down before another heal. Just frustrating.

If a game is going to have casters NPCs that you have to take care of part of a specific story line for your class I would expect to have the tools to do so. Plus Bosses are immune to everything but interrupts as a general rule.

Use your stun as an interrupt in PvE, then proceed to use jet boost, and then (if the target is alive and if you are talented for it) rocket punch provides a knockback as well which can be used for an interrupt.

Since we are ranged we can do all of this while never losing more than a gcd for dps, unless the caster is at range in which case we gotta run to them for the knockbacks.

Rocket Punch is on a fairly short cd and does ok damage so it would be the best bet, but dont forget the other two unless you are saving them for something.

I've been using the stun as an interrupt, but the timer caused some minor problems. I never thought about using the knockback of Jet Boost and Rocket Punch tho. I guess that I might want to grab that Rocket Punch knockback skill.

But neither of those knockbacks seem to work on bosses, unlike other classes interrupts? Like the disciples in Athiss. On my sniper I can interrupt their heals almost every time, but I can't knock them back with my Merc and electro dart's cooldown is too long to keep them from healing.

I just healed through Boarding party as an arsenal speccd merc at level 30 - not a single point in anything healing related :D. Really wasn't that hard. All you have to do is get the tank to grab aggro, and pull the shield guy to the corner and dps him down. next you dps down the healer, then the boss..

That has nothing to do with the post you replied to at all. It was about interrupting heals, not how to beat the boss or how to heal.

• 2 weeks later...

I play BH in pvp and I have no problem with no interrupts......

pretty much all u do is knock em around, you do have 2 and thats plenty. Also quite whining about having to chase em, if ur in a warzone there are plenty of walls ledges and traps to knock em into, and if you can't find one of those find a wall and knock em into it.

They go nowhere and ur knock backs form interrupts...... its as simple as it sounds

That has nothing to do with the post you replied to at all. It was about interrupting heals, not how to beat the boss or how to heal.

Yeah depending on how they design stuff us not having an interrupt that is actually a straight interrupt in PvE is problematic. It is very annoying on Bulwark too where failing to interrupt him could result in a total wipe because the short range AoE hits so hard. Its also annoying in a few other places like that overtuned boss with the pirate adds in Battle of Ilum where you need to chain interrupt his deflection shield to make the enrage timer.

These are the level 50 versions I'm talking about by the way.

Edited by Lightmgl