Mercenary Interrupt?

Durzaka

if you look at the classes on a broader scale, and how well developed they are (not just in terms of interrupt), you have your answer.

basically, BW just put a lot more time into sorc development.

merc not having an interrupt is a very good exhibit that BW developers never played a Merc Healer while questing.

healing stuff to death is difficult when the opponent is a healer too.

agree totally for me it seems like they made the sorc/sage the jack of all trades...they got combat ress, interrupt, a 60sec CC that works on all targets, a Shield(that really should have been a healing spec talent), and sprint for getting away, and a get over here skill for friendly targets(again should have been a healer talent)

so you others that say BH is OP tell me why....

tracer missiles? come on if you are stupid enough to not run out of LoS of the player you deserve to die

BH class deserves a Borderline RANGED interupt like the other ranged AC's

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to stay constructive but this is just a QQ Post. BH are more then able to kill every class in this game. They have the utility / dps to do it. BH are VERY easy to play if you have any pvp skill. There is always a Flavor of the Month class or classes that are superior to others. You wanna know what good pvpers do if they are on the short end of the stick? They find ways to kill that "other" class. BH are beyond fine. Roll a sith jugg and youll be glad you are a BH.

Yeah, my main is a Jugg... Leveling a mercenery right now and its faceroll...

On a sidenote - Powertech gets that 8 second interuptthat all classes gets so its actually just Merceneries who doesnt get it. But as ppl has stated above - it can be worked around

On a sidenote - Powertech gets that 8 second interuptthat all classes gets so its actually just Merceneries who doesnt get it. But as ppl has stated above - it can be worked around

Cool story about your level 12 BH.

Honestly, it just seems dumb that every other class has one and we don't. In fact, I would suspect that we will be given one anyway.

Keep in mind that it took a mega-nerf to healing before BW caved and gave mercs a battle rez. Just imagine what it would take for them to be convinced we need an interrupt to be competitive.

Be careful what you wish for...

Won't be so faceroll after Thursday when DFA gets nerfed. But not really at all relevant to this topic.

I just ran into another boss fight where I was at a significant disadvantage just for being a Merc. S&J in KP. The one heals and the other has an interrupt-able big damage ability. We had 2 Merc DPS in the raid and no snipers. So we had a fair lack of ranged interrupts. The tanks ended up being able to handle most of it, but when they get put in carbonite, then we really suffered on interrupts. If we had a sniper there instead of the 2nd Merc, then we should have been better off for ranged interrupts.

I wouldn't really care if our interrupt was only usable on NPCs or only one elite or stronger NPCs, but there are a lot of encounters in the game that are designed around interrupting NPC abilities. Being a class with no ranged interrupt, is a very noticeable weakness. Too much of a weakness in my opinion.

I wouldn't really care if our interrupt was only usable on NPCs or only one elite or stronger NPCs, but there are a lot of encounters in the game that are designed around interrupting NPC abilities. Being a class with no ranged interrupt, is a very noticeable weakness. Too much of a weakness in my opinion.
you should just drop the "ranged" modifier from that. i don't care if we have to be in melee range, if i can get powertech's Quell at melee range, i'd be happy.

not having ANY interrupt is what sucks.

I try to stay constructive but this is just a QQ Post. BH are more then able to kill every class in this game. They have the utility / dps to do it. BH are VERY easy to play if you have any pvp skill. There is always a Flavor of the Month class or classes that are superior to others. You wanna know what good pvpers do if they are on the short end of the stick? They find ways to kill that "other" class. BH are beyond fine. Roll a sith jugg and youll be glad you are a BH.

Yes we're able to kill any other class, that's not the point. ANY class can kill any other class, skill, gear, spec, players teams, and luck all factor into it. Devs and other players pretending that a decently long CD interrupt on mercs spells insta-doom for sages is insane. Yes, we're fairly easy to play but that's at the expense of any real utility or movement abilities. All we have, which I constantly see harped on, is heavy armor. Screw heavy armor, I'd swap it in a heartbeat for an interrupt and some sort of mobilty boost.

As I stated in another thread, there is an issue now because that droid boss on The Lost Island requires interrupts all the freaking time so for PvE I believe it has become a requirement - 2 mercs it would not be possible. I would also like to be able to interrupt healers and defend myself against nasty channels and abilities like EVERY OTHER CLASS can in PvP.

Also You need an interrupt to defeat the last Boss in Red Reaper, did a duo with another Merc on this FP, went well got to the end and couldn't finish because you need and interrupt to bring down the add's shields, couldnt get anyone to help us so we couldn't finish it.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, explanations that merc doesn't need normal cast interrupt, cause some Pedro is feeling nicely OK without it, or wow can prove something to somebody, are plain silly. I mean that these are NOT proper arguments. Some Pedros can play the game without 50% of merc skills, so what? Edited by RiverRaid

We do need an interupt, if not only a pve one to use against bosses. Some bosses have one hit = death abilities. I did the battle of Illum the other day, granted our tank was aweful, but we couldn't get past the final boss because there was no interuption of the force explosion. To not give an interupt ability doesn't work, a work around doesn't wither in flashpoints and group work.

We do need an interupt, if not only a pve one to use against bosses. Some bosses have one hit = death abilities. I did the battle of Illum the other day, granted our tank was aweful, but we couldn't get past the final boss because there was no interuption of the force explosion. To not give an interupt ability doesn't work, a work around doesn't wither in flashpoints and group work.

don't worry, they threw mercs a bone. you can battlerez now.

that makes everything balanced, right.. -_-

i have a level 22 merc, and also one of every class in the game (imp side plus a few low level rep alts)

I simply do not understand why every single class in the game gets interrupt ability except the merc? it just doesn't make any sense and is really unfair imo. ppl say kb/stun but if their resolve is full what then?

its pretty absurd and unfair for mercs to be singled out with this one handicap. I doubt you find even the most retarded person claim a merc interrupt would make them suddenly op. every other class in the game it, its akin to one class not being able to access sprint, its stupid

Isn't the imperial agent the only class without a baseline knockback ?

Isn't the sith warrior the only class without a baseline stun ?

Get over yourselves. If you want to make all classes equal, go back to wow. A well played Bh can rip through enemies in both pvp and pve. There's a thread here about what a BH is all about, look around, in pvp you're the backline nuker, you're in a group, there's other classes that can interrupt but can't put out half of your dps output. And in 1v1, make use of your talents, every AC class has a form of interrupt in some tree or other, spec it if you're so worried about losing a fight.

Hate to say it, but l2p.

warrior classes do not have baseline kb, only juggs

all warrior classes have at least one channelled stun and one aoe mez

every other class and advance class in this game has a interrupt (including powertech) except the merc

• 2 months later...

I came here to post exactly this. I'm full Rakata gear with my Merc and we could not pass this last boss as we didn't have enough interrupts.

Seems pretty stupid for a character to have such a serious weakness when compared to other characters. It's a simple ability that all characters should have so as to achieve balance across the classes.

The only time I'm glad Merc doesn't have an interrupt are during boss fights I don't already know :)

Edited by el_Bizzle

I came here to post exactly this. I'm full Rakata gear with my Merc and we could not pass this last boss as we didn't have enough interrupts.

Seems pretty stupid for a character to have such a serious weakness when compared to other characters. It's a simple ability that all characters should have so as to achieve balance across the classes.

The only time I'm glad Merc doesn't have an interrupt are during boss fights I don't already know :)

so my friend recently hit 50 with his merc, and with the new loot rule change, we decided to run instances with 4 BH to guarantee upgrades for him.

powertech (my other friend), bodyguard (me), 2 arsenal.

my friend on his tank kept calling for interrupts, until I had to explain to him, that only powertechs have interrupts. :mad: