What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

this public relation damage controll here is a joke , u talk sounds always fine and promising but the way u act is a whole different story.

the damage ur behavior does to your pvp community is just too big to just talk it away with more dishonesty above previous lies.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you what Alex the reward i would like the most is a PvP team that actually PvP's. There is absolutely no way that the PvP dev team are serious PvP'ers. Their lack of explanation to issues that have been posted for more than a year with no responses, lack of info, lack of direction, and lack of any thought what so ever to PvP rewards makes it perfectly clear. The team is either A) incompetent or B) they don't care.

I know may people getting weary of being ignored by everyone in this company. Maybe it extremely long over due to do a stream by the dev team and answer some legit long over due questions, their vision for PvP, and field questions from PvP'ers instead of being ignored all the time

Edited by Rhyn

Quote: Originally Posted by Andrellma View Post

Honestly, I'm not a PVPer. I dabble from time to time, but always in unranked...but I hope they make this right. Every single post I've seen on this has been negative, and I would hope that Bioware takes this opportunity to listen to the players, and add -something- that would make the PVP crowd happy. I know you can't please everyone every time, but seriously, when you offer rewards for the PVPers....it should be something that at least -some- of them want. Not a single person I've seen post on any of these threads, or talk about it in game, is happy with this.

You listened to the players on daracrons.

You listened to the players on legacy storage costs.

Listen to the players on this.

Post season rewards ahead of season or at the start, you'll know if you did a better job than season 2.

Really, tell EA you need more dev personnel... This is a living (maybe dying but whatever) MMO, it's not just a game that got released 2 years ago for which EA provides DLCs every now and again.

To be honest... The reward should be every bit as epic as the unique mounts you can get from ops. I mean (and I hate to say this) ... I am a better than average pvp'er and I have yet to rank high enough to get the highest rank award. It is NOT easy for the majority of people.

On the pve side they have unique mounts that you can only get through nightmare mode this and that, and you say well eventually they will be easier after a lvl cap raise and you can then get it, well I have been wanting that tank mount for like 2 yrs now and still cannot get it....2 fricken years (at least it seems like 2 years.) By the time I get it it is not exciting anymore and I could care less if I get it.

So make ranked pvp mounts unique, then make it an option after a really long time to buy it with an obscene amount of comms or something.

My very first thought was that top tier would get a black core, bright red glowing crystal. Black cores look amazing to me.

But since Strongholds will be out by Season 2, I strongly suggest offering a reward that can be placed in the stronghold. Top Tier gets some huge arsed monument for your trophy room. Middle tier gets a small statue. Bottom tier gets a table top sized trophy.

Honestly, if you need to come out with some shiny new epic mount twice a year that's unique, the rewards are going to be a bit of a failure at some point. So I would discourage them sooner than later. The stronghold trophy makes more sense to me since we have this trophy room for precisely this sort of reason.

I blame this guy.

Duran'del here:

While I don't play much PvP anymore and have never set foot in ranked(my guild doesn't have many PvPers in it), I did think of some interesting rewards.

Battle-damaged armor, mounts, and pets. I don't mean like a few scars here and there, I mean cracks in visors, pieces of armor missing, jetpacks/backpacks and motors sparking, robes torn, etc. Something. That shows that you've been a veteran of many battles. Maybe a charater customization that gives your character bruises or something. Weapons that can be named(And have said name etched into them). Titles that proudly display your combat prowess. Statues that have PvP supplies. Special emotes. Just something special and unique for PvPers.

Maybe it would be acceptable to design one set of cool armour for the top 96 (top 3 each server, please - unless you do cross server qs), and recolour/change effects for it from season to season. Ideally you could then design a whole new set for the launch of each RotHC scale Xpac, and do the same thing again.

And then you can have plainer versions for the top 5%.

And if people really want the design, you can put an even plainer version at top CC in the CM.

Maybe it would be acceptable to design one set of cool armour for the top 96 (top 3 each server, please - unless you do cross server qs), and recolour/change effects for it from season to season. Ideally you could then design a whole new set for the launch of each RotHC scale Xpac, and do the same thing again.

And then you can have plainer versions for the top 5%.

And if people really want the design, you can put an even plainer version at top CC in the CM.

Thinking further on this, there's lots of ways this can go.

* Just a really special belt or gloves (with electricity coming off them, or something). Better than helmets, which are quite a personal taste thing.

* You could just scrap the pvp armour and use that as the rewards. The obroan/Brut armour would be fine for rewards, if it was actually exclusive. So don't design pvp gear any more, just vend packs (or even better, just mods. with tokens to hand in for the ranked gear)

* Let your ranking decide how may armour pieces you get. So someone under 1000 gets the bracers, next 100 gets the belt, and so on up to chest. But next season gives you the chance to earn further pieces, and so on, until the armour is changed with the next big expansion.

* Of course the elite will get their armour set early, good for them. Introduce achievements to ranked. So for the "Brutaliser" series of seasons, you'd have achievements tied to final rating, and titles tied to that. So If you came top rating in S1 of Brutaliser, you'd be True Brutaliser, if you got 2, you'd be be Pure Brutaliser, up to Legendary Brutaliser for getting top rating in all brutaliser seasons, or whatever, and a place in a hall of fame. Lower ratings would get Brutal Proffessional, or whatever, and their title wouldn't change for the number of seasons they acheived that rank. Then with the next Xpac you'd have the Destroyer armour, Destroyer series of seasons, and Destroyer titles.

Then you could have an extra level of achievement and title for those who achieved Legend, ie, top rated, in all seasons of two or more series.

Edit: also, whatever piece you earn, belt, chest, whatever, you should get a token to use to buy your choice of the item from all the class designs. Many want to mix and match from the obroan designs as is.

Edited by PBoba

Universal Adaptive Force User Weapon:

(1) [universal Adaptive Short Lightsaber] (serves as a generator)

(2) [universal Adaptive Short Lightsaber] (serves as a shield)

(3) [universal Adaptive Saberstaff]

(4) [universal Adaptive Lightsaber] (assassins can use this 1 saber for example)

(5) [universal Adaptive Sentinel Lightsaber] (invisible, so a marauder/sent just uses 1 saber)

Universal Adaptive Blasters:

(1) [universal Adaptive Sniper Rifle]

(2) [universal Adaptive Pistol]

(3) [universal Adaptive Blaster Rifle]

Copper: Copper trophy for player housing that shows the season #

Silver: Silver trophy for player housing that shows the season #

Gold: Gold trophy for player housing that shows the season #

Not sure if it was suggested, probably was. Is it possible to divide ranked team from solo in the calculations or weight them separately ? It's unfortunate , but I find people in solo bail much faster or no show. Also if a match is 3v4 is there a way to identify , flag, mark, protest, score or award those differently. It's very frustrating. Another suggestion would be basing rewards, not on some high scoring number, but weight against total number of matches. I'm sure a fix has been suggested for match balance so I'll end it right here. Thanks. Edited by Vukk

• Dev Post
Battle-damaged armor, mounts, and pets. I don't mean like a few scars here and there, I mean cracks in visors, pieces of armor missing, jetpacks/backpacks and motors sparking, robes torn, etc. Something. That shows that you've been a veteran of many battles.

This is an interesting idea indeed! What does everyone else think? Would you rather your PvP Ranked gear look pristine and beautiful or well seasoned?

So If you came top rating in S1 of Brutaliser, you'd be True Brutaliser, if you got 2, you'd be be Pure Brutaliser, up to Legendary Brutaliser for getting top rating in all brutaliser seasons, or whatever, and a place in a hall of fame. Lower ratings would get Brutal Proffessional, or whatever, and their title wouldn't change for the number of seasons they acheived that rank. Then with the next Xpac you'd have the Destroyer armour, Destroyer series of seasons, and Destroyer titles.

I definitely think we should make them a little more interesting in Season 3+. This idea of each season having a title theme, maybe or maybe not based on armor specifically is going in the right direction. Opinions one way or another?

This is an interesting idea indeed! What does everyone else think? Would you rather your PvP Ranked gear look pristine and beautiful or well seasoned?

Why not both? Pristine armor for a "lower" reward, and the seasoned armor for a higher tier.

If just one, then well seasoned is my vote.

Edited by crubel

Both! Let people choose what look they prefer.

I definitely think we should make them a little more interesting in Season 3+. This idea of each season having a title theme, maybe or maybe not based on armor specifically is going in the right direction. Opinions one way or another?

This is not a bad idea but again you are creating cross server rewards with no cross server competition. In order to justify cross server rewards you would need to enable cross server pvp so that people (espeically high rated players) can compete with each other. Getting highest rating by farming noobs or win trading does not mean you are the best player. Same goes for the different frequency of pops on the individual servers.

Edited by Galothor

hmm

Add them to Vendors

Don't make the armor look like the PVE Armor, or have the same Sets cross faction. I missed the Unique look between Pvp and PVE

Normal PvP: Pristine Cleaned.

Ranked PVP: Some Scars, blaster marks, bits and small pieces missing.

Season 3 Rewards: Battle Damaged . Trooper armor with missing plates. Robes with a missing Sleeve (could add "Blood" stains on the arms, or the armor itself.

I don't think it necessarily matters as long as the look is distinct. Well seasoned seems like a good direction to go in my opinion.

Yes battle worn gear would be nice, weapons that looks like they've been through a few repairs. Also if its gear being handed out for season rewards, please make it legacy bound.

I tell you what I would like to see is a rep vendor for PvP but instead of rep it goes by valor level. Legacy weapons and gear, dye color, pets, mounts, etc... like the other rep vendors. If you wanted to be token purchased like some of the other vendors then have the tokens be bought using WZs comms, preferably since it should be based off valor, then regular credits should be fine.