What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the choice between pristine and well seasoned is obvious.

Just add a token system to season rewards and a vendor where you can spend them.

If you want to reward us with weapons, armor sets and more stuff, give us one token for a weapons pack, one token for an armor set pack, and one for every other reward so we can chose the one we really want.

Also, make these tokens bind on legacy, as well as the rewards.

For the rewards themselves, here are some suggestions :

- like you did for S1, unique weapons for bronze ranks, unique armor set for silver ranks

- add reusable WZ stim and medpack for the silver ranks

- for gold ranks, it should be awesome, gorgeous, motivating and rewarding :

A pair of unique expertise color crystals (a pair because sents, mercenaries and gunslingers are dual wielded), a reusable unique dye module (design some anodized colors so we have to chose one to the vendor), reusable sismo grenade V2 or V3, a unique PvP themed regen item or even a unique PvP themed mount.

(if you want to reward us with all of these, feel free to do it :D)

The fact that some rewards in my suggestions are unique and that nobody will be able to obtained them after season ends can be a problem (like reusable stim/medpack or reusable sismo grenade).

To solve this, take the utility reusable rewards to be all season ones so new players (or those who didn't manage to get the rank) can try to get these rewards the next season.

You can do always the same rewards type so players won't fear playing for rewards they don't want, but surprise them with unique skins of weapons, armor sets and gold ranks rewards.

Please show us some love for the next season by announcing the rewards before the half of it, and make them be gorgeous rewards.

We all know you can do it (and you have to do it so we can forgive you for S2 :p).

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

As much as I would love to get some cool reusable stim, or something that is actually useful compared to vanity objects I don't think that is a good idea. Mostly because you end up getting more of that gap that prevents new players/not so good players from wanting to continue because they are so far behind. Even making such items available every season doesn't solve anything since players who win before, are only more likely to win again. Not to mention that destroys the uniqueness that enables these awards to represent the achievement of what the individual has accomplished in the seasons.

Now one idea I could see here, is making some sort of utility item available, but only for participating. So its not really a reward, so uniqueness doesn't matter. Also then it would encourage people to actually play ranked more. on a side tangent, but related to this idea, there should be a minimum gear requirement for ranked. Maxed expertise would suffice to me. This is related so that we don't have people who trying to get the item, hoping to be carried, don't ruin the experience for the people who actually enjoy ranked.

So seeing as all the real rewards are likely to be vanity, and with the release of strong holds I am not apposed to rewards related to this. Not saying only rewards related to this. Cause to be honest, season 2 rewards stank of neglecting the ranked pvp population. Three trophies with the exact same screen shot, a holo projection that isn't cool at all and barely relates to pvp in the eyes of representing an accomplishment, and a ugly *** helm. Titles that may as well be the same as the season before. Lets not even go into how lame the top three of each class reward was. To say you worked hard all season on these is insult to people's intelligence.

However I digress, these decoration rewards made me realize that decorations is a viable reward route. while Obviously cool mounts, and armor and other such unique vanity rewards that are worn on the toon, can always be good ideas and should probably be in every seasons rewards, also adding the wall trophies should be a must every season. They should represent the tiers as they did this season as well. However, Tier 2 and up should get some sort of unique sculpture/decoration that actually stands out in order to show he has accomplished something, a cool sculpture of a weapon for example. Tier 1 and up, should get a seriously ****** decoration that is clearly related to pvp and shouts that he kicked *** in the season. For this tier and up, something like a sculpture of two fighters going at it, or replicas of an arena with a fight going inside it. The holo replica that we got in season 2 is boring in appearance, and doesn't not make anyone think pvp or combat when looked at.

Ultimately though, some types of rewards should be consistent such trophy like decorations to show what you have accomplished, but always reskinned at least a bit. Along with additional rewards that are unique to that season.

First off, I'd like to see that the PvP gear has a class specific look again and that not every class has almost the same looking armor. I'll be glad when this obroan crap is gone.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest to you, BW, that you might want to think about the arena seasons we will have and give every season some kind of theme, like Blizzard did in WoW, where it was reflected by the gear's name and the title the gladiators would get at the end, like the Wrathful Gladiator and so on. It was always different from season to season.

Now in SWTOR, we have finished our second season and well, first season it was the S1 All Star, second season it is the S2 All Star. This is not very creative and I might want to say that it doesn't sound that exciting and is not really an incentive to do arena.

I'd like to see something different from season to season for the titles, something like "the Glorious One", "the Deadly One" or "the Brutal One", and that this gives the season its theme like the Glorious Season 3, the Deadly Season 4, the Brutal Season 5 and so on, and that the gear has ofc the same theme like Glorious Helmet or Helmet of the Glorious One etc. "Giradda the Hutt invites all competitive players to the new deadly season 4. May the winner be the deadliest one of all."

I think you should get the point of what I mean.

Also for the Top 3 players of each class I'd like to see either a special mount that you can show off or special armor that the season currently has, but please no recoloured version.

What I liked was what you did with the Firebrand armor set, the animated parts on the armor, that can also easily be seen by others and you can show off with it too.

The point of showing off is simply that you are one of the top 3 of your class and thus people should recognise you if you want to be recognised by your looks and not just your name.

I also would like to add that when you plan to give top 3 a mount that we please do not get some clown coloured mount that has like yellow and pink all over it.

Imo PvP is about killing eachother and thus a mount, title and armor should reflect this with its name, design or colours.

Btw the armor, might I point to the PvP armor design that existed in WoW for couple of years? I don't know if they still do it tho. Point is, they built up on the previous PvP armor set of each class, from season to season they added more parts to the armor e.g more spikes etc. You can google it.

I loved that, you clearly could see what armor that guy was wearing if you knew the armor designs and idk about you guys but for me it was a big incentive to get the new "upgraded" version of my classes armor set.

I'd like to see something like this in SWTOR too for the PvP gear, but not for PvE, PvE gear should always have a theme inspired by the current newest operation.

Edited by VdFExarKun

Just a neat little story hook that popped into my head... a rewarded color crystal called "The Voidstar" that was a component removed from the ship itself. It'd serve as a badge of achievement as well being an icon specifically recognizable as classical SWTOR PVP.

This would be cool, and make it all black, "void."

Also, and Im ok with having reskins, but an Acolaye mount would be sweet!

• Dev Post
I'd like to see something different from season to season for the titles, something like "the Glorious One", "the Deadly One" or "the Brutal One", and that this gives the season its theme like the Glorious Season 3, the Deadly Season 4, the Brutal Season 5 and so on, and that the gear has ofc the same theme like Glorious Helmet or Helmet of the Glorious One etc. "Giradda the Hutt invites all competitive players to the new deadly season 4. May the winner be the deadliest one of all."

Season theming is something we have talked about, mainly with the titles but it can be expanded out to all aspects/rewards as well to give the season a more impactful identify than a number. The current plan is that we'll be starting this trend in Season 3 with reward titles at first. If it takes and y'all enjoy that we could potentially expand the idea out. We are currently having a battle royale internally over which of the names we like best but what would y'all like to see? Something Illustrious or something Ferocious?

Season theming is something we have talked about, mainly with the titles but it can be expanded out to all aspects/rewards as well to give the season a more impactful identify than a number. The current plan is that we'll be starting this trend in Season 3 with reward titles at first. If it takes and y'all enjoy that we could potentially expand the idea out. We are currently having a battle royale internally over which of the names we like best but what would y'all like to see? Something Illustrious or something Ferocious?

Something ferocious, because us PvPers are hard asses. The more brutal, the better. "The Decapitator, The Impaler"

Edit: Reward titles for team ranked could be something like "Wrecking Crew". Some type of crew or plural could be cool to use when you run with your group.

Edited by buckman

Oh thank god. We don't want any more Season 3 All-Star, Season 4 All-Star, Season 5 All-Star titles. If you noticed, NO ONE wants to wear them. It's embarrassing. You know what's a cool title I still wear to this day? "Warzone Annihilator" from pre-season ranked 8v8s. Now that's a cool title that people do not hesitate to don.

My suggestion: "Arena Destroyer ________" or "Ravager of Arenas _____"

Edited by revcrisis

Uniqe Color Crystala BUT only for pvp this cant be ever be collected other way EVER ! , Uniqe House , Uniqe mount not onle changed collour , Uniqe Set (Not only changed collour ), House decoration pack but not only that , Cartel reward maby 5k or something like that . And whatewer reward may be Always some cool Title but please no s-3 All Star again . In Fact Arena "Masters" should have choice make some cool rewards and give a choice option to players .

PS: Bioware pelase dont screw it up i still have much faith in this game after TESO fail ,GW2 fail , Wildstar fail, Swotr still have best balanced pvp even WOW have big **** ballance . Give us pvp plaers 2-3 new WZ , give us back ranked wz and some cool pvp things and swotr will be best small scale pvp right now . Maby Guild (8) vs Guild (8) ranked pvp .

Edited by Velun

Something ferocious, because us PvPers are hard asses

:D :D :D Cute! I nominate "... hugger of Pillars" "... runs away screaming" and "stealthed till others quit" - also "my friends let me win" and the alltime classic "the FOTM fail". *g*

SCNR. But I do think that some pvp players could seriously enjoy the humor. And it's definately better than ans S2-* title.

Thank you for replying to me, much appreciated. :)

It's awesome that you guys already thought of something like this yourselves and I really would love to see the theme of a season to be expanded on all aspects of a season.

Since you guys are also already planing to give themed titles in season 3 as a reward, I think I have already a good incentive to make place 1 with my sniper again, for the 3rd time in a row.:sul_grin:

What would I like to see? Honestly, I'd like to see both, Illustrious and Ferocious, but probably more ferocious than illustrious, since it's PvP and about killing eachother.

Keep it up BW! :csw_vader:

What i would like to see in the near future for rewards.

(Season Theme)

-Title

-Mount (unique skins)

-Trophy

-Weapon (unique skins)

if they were given out each season with there respective Tier that would be something to look forward to, instead of trying to guess what the rewards are all the time, knowing we will be getting these but a unique looking skin for each season theme would be great.:)

This is what I'd like to see..

Top 3: A armored Krayt Dragon mount that comes with a banner with a cool logo on it. Plus a battle meditation ability to grant nearby team mates/yourself +stats for a certain amount of time.

1800+ rating Unique Weapon/Crystal: Either one could work, some kind of unique looking weapon/crystal special animation.

Then for the lower tier 2 rewards a seasoned/well pristine armor one of each you might want to wear the worn out armor for a while then wake up one day wearing a new pristine robe/armor.

Then of course Unique titles.

Edited by Ashwinn

This is what I'd like to see..

Top 3: A armored Krayt Dragon mount that comes with a banner with a cool logo on it. Plus a battle meditation ability to grant nearby team mates/yourself +stats for a certain amount of time.

a Krayt dragon that is 5 times bigger than a rancor would be epic

I like the idea of re-usable adrenals/medpacs for the top 96. You couldn't really give them to everyone since they'd just break part of the economy but less than 100 toons across the whole game couldn't really break anything long term. In addition to some title or other braggable item.

I don't think the bejazzled gear we got in season 1 was necessarily a bad move however.

More than just bejazzled would be nice though. Be it overly worn looks, more colourful etc we need more than some blinking lights thrown on. Especially for weapons which I believe are just recolours of the PvE 186's.

Additionally some sort of token system would be nicer in the age of adaptive armor. I wear sorc gloves and some mercs pieces on my operative as I like covering my pvp suit with gay wings. However I won't wear the blinky gear because I only have access to the operatives one which I don't like. I believe people have also mentioned this but giving them to us augmented would be a nice courtesy instead of mailing us a 200/300k bill if we want to wear our new suits.

Nice unique mounts would also be nice as people said. If you feel compelled to give us fully unique armor bits again I personally would appreciate the whole set if we get the top tier as personally I have yet to find something deathmarks helm looks good with.

Edited by CaptainApop

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

I would like to see actual gear rather than pointless mounts or decorations. We don't want emotes, you developers are pathetic, and have lost touch with the pvp community. If you do decide to give us additional garbage like you have the past two seasons, allow it to be sellable. Please add 2's 3's arena as well. Quesh huttball is awful add an actual new mode, rather than regurgitating old garbage.

- World PvP daily / weekly, to encourage more world pvp, at least on pvp servers.

- Dueling area on fleet. (with a daily to encourage 1 v 1)

- Fresh new gear looks, no recoloring same stuff.

- 2v2 queues, 3v3, and bring back 8v8 rateds

- Cross Server PvP queues.

- Fix Quesh ball so that Shadow / sins can use all abilities everywhere (phase walk), or nerf all other classes on one ability to balance that out.

- Lightsabers should be > ranged, please its Star Wars.

^This. IMO the best thing you can do for the PvP community is give us more options to challenge each other. 2v2 3v3 etc AND make PvP worth doing. Titles pets and mounts are empty it would be fun if you would add purpose to our battles. You are trying to create a illusion of a galactic struggle but in war ground is gained and lost. We need more contested areas where if the Republic as a whole controls a small outer rim outpost we get a small buff for everyone on the republic side. Make six more accessible by republic and six more accessible by Empire, buffs could be 5% speed increase etc... Even if you don't agree with the example the basic idea is to give our PvP fights purpose and meaning.

- World PvP daily / weekly, to encourage more world pvp, at least on pvp servers.

- Dueling area on fleet. (with a daily to encourage 1 v 1)

- Fresh new gear looks, no recoloring same stuff.

- 2v2 queues, 3v3, and bring back 8v8 rateds

- Cross Server PvP queues.

- Fix Quesh ball so that Shadow / sins can use all abilities everywhere (phase walk), or nerf all other classes on one ability to balance that out.

- Lightsabers should be > ranged, please its Star Wars.

I agree with everything but the last point, LOL. Unforunately PvPers get the shaft when it comes to new content in favour of the PvE community, so all of these things will most likely be on the bottom end of Biowares "to do list."

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

An ugly hat out of World of Warcraft.