Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

Luckeyduckey

Haha! Mine's stuffed and displayed on a shelf.

I'm naively holding out to see what 2.5 brings before going sawbones.

Operative dps wont see any changes at all in 2.5, except for the useless buff to overload shot and a survivability nerf. That's why they created those "brainstorming" threads, guess they hope for sorcs, mercs and op dps to continue playing because that.

What is really sad is that the lack of survivability was pointed out in the class representative questions and in the thread but nothing was done. They just answered that the specs where doing fine and L2P. Hopefully they to can see the obvious now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just the dev team, but this awful and sniveling community has always done everything in its power to denounce the op/scoundrel and I'm sure would be quite happy to see it deleted from the game. I'm actually inclined to agree with them on this, maybe it's time to put the AC out of its misery and admit that agents and smugglers were born to be ranged snipers and gunslingers only.

They cry about healing, they cried about our shanking back in the day, and they're still crying about the roll. It does not end. Now, there won't be a cover mechanic any longer either. Truly, the jedi and sith are the only ones who matter in this universe in spite of all the diversity and lore we've gotten used to.

This class has suffered from neglect and scorn for such a long time. One tree is overtuned while the other two may as well not exist. It's like a see-saw that they just can't/won't get right. Because they don't care. If they cared they'd actually devote some effort into what the class needs instead of making new cash shop crap every single month.

I've played every AC and spec. They can all hold their own and are incredibly solid (xcept balance shadow which is confirmed getting buffed soon), quite easy to top the charts with all of 'em. DPS operatives are the only ones that flounder and fail at all they attempt. There's a reason you never see them in warzones at all anymore. I miss them, both as allies and foes. Being taken by surprise was a great form of reaction training, but people don't want to adapt or roll with the punches. They'll just scream for more and more nerfs to compensate for their ineptitude and lack of patience to L2P.

Thus is the fate of the DPS operative. Take a moment of silent reflection to reminisce about our faded glory...then go play WoW Rogue and see how it's done right. BW's not smart enough to get it. :rak_04:

It's hilarious how bad our defensive CDs are, especially compared to every other DPS class. It's particularly bad when compared to Sins, the other stealth DPS class, who have a number of defensive CDs, viable hybrids, and survivability talents that DPS Ops (Concealment especially) don't have access to. At this point, I just play to show BW how awful our class is and hope for a buff in the near future.

Would you be willing to surrender some of your burst and control? Because I don't see any other way. One versus one you and other stealth classes always win tournaments.

Yes, yes--yes...yes...yes, I know. "MMOs are not balanced 1v1." They NEED to be somewhat. Because in warzones you can select a target and obliterate it rather handily. If I knew I had absolutely no chance (bearing in mind the absurdly crippling debuff coming to Sentinels (I play COMBAT)) of winning against a stealth class I don't think I'd bother to play. Right now I do have a chance. I am a decent dualist. But it is everything I can do to defeat a skilled Operative--and that is HARDLY the way to bet.

You might be squishy in arenas, but that's because arenas do NOT play to your strengths, namely skulking about waiting for an opportunity to select a choice target and obliterate him before he's able to react. The problem are the aoes, imo. It's not your durability. You have more than plenty for your chosen style of play. Arenas are simply too closed in and the action too centered for Operatives. If there were a 2v2, or (as I really want) a 1v1 arena, then you'd excel. You simply cannot get in close to burst someone. This relegates you to either standing off and pot shotting or being guarded and helping control the scene.

In warzones you excel too if you play carefully because things are spread out enough for you to avoid the most intense action and pick off the stragglers. You don't need more durability, you need either a guard or a smaller scale arena.

Edited by Sappharan

Not just the dev team, but this awful and sniveling community has always done everything in its power to denounce the op/scoundrel and I'm sure would be quite happy to see it deleted from the game. I'm actually inclined to agree with them on this, maybe it's time to put the AC out of its misery and admit that agents and smugglers were born to be ranged snipers and gunslingers only.

They cry about healing, they cried about our shanking back in the day, and they're still crying about the roll. It does not end. Now, there won't be a cover mechanic any longer either. Truly, the jedi and sith are the only ones who matter in this universe in spite of all the diversity and lore we've gotten used to.

This class has suffered from neglect and scorn for such a long time. One tree is overtuned while the other two may as well not exist. It's like a see-saw that they just can't/won't get right. Because they don't care. If they cared they'd actually devote some effort into what the class needs instead of making new cash shop crap every single month.

I've played every AC and spec. They can all hold their own and are incredibly solid (xcept balance shadow which is confirmed getting buffed soon), quite easy to top the charts with all of 'em. DPS operatives are the only ones that flounder and fail at all they attempt. There's a reason you never see them in warzones at all anymore. I miss them, both as allies and foes. Being taken by surprise was a great form of reaction training, but people don't want to adapt or roll with the punches. They'll just scream for more and more nerfs to compensate for their ineptitude and lack of patience to L2P.

Thus is the fate of the DPS operative. Take a moment of silent reflection to reminisce about our faded glory...then go play WoW Rogue and see how it's done right. BW's not smart enough to get it. :rak_04:

Very good post. I was about to write somthing similiar so thanks for saving me the job ;)

Been here since the betas (with a long break in between) and no matter what stage of the game it is/was, the crying about Scoundrels/Operatives never stops.

Right now my Scoundrel/Operative are so nerfed that they are absolutely nothing compared to what we had in the beginning. Still...i refuse to switch to healing modes on them. Never. I continue playing the playstyle i like. As a dps, maybe we are a liability but concealment OP can still make a lot of difference in a WZ if put into the right hands.

Often, people are looking at the numbers at the end of the round, but what they do not note for example is that the turret that was captured in CV to win the game and turn things around was actually captured by a properly played OP not because of the smashers or other popular classes :rolleyes:

Same in Huttball and i could give alot more examples.

I still have alot of fun playing DPS Scoundrel/Operative and i just hope that some day, they will bring us back where we can actually be viewed as a strong point of the team not a liability.

I think there is a solution for this. Let Slow release medpack (SRMP)and the like be a trained skill and not skill tree learned. Let the healers get a buff to the ability instead. This would at least give them a small blanket of survival that they deserve. sawbones and the like will just have a much more potent SRMP.

With this in mind, maybe it can only stack once for the other specs. Thats just my opinion.

I think there is a solution for this. Let Slow release medpack (SRMP)and the like be a trained skill and not skill tree learned. Let the healers get a buff to the ability instead. This would at least give them a small blanket of survival that they deserve. sawbones and the like will just have a much more potent SRMP.

With this in mind, maybe it can only stack once for the other specs. Thats just my opinion.

Tried a lethality hybrid once that kolto probe (SRMP for scoundrels) specced... without the buff from the healing tree reducing its energy costs you are energy starving and end up pretty useless most of the time.

I know this isn't what you meant exactly, but yeah SRMP will still cost energy and unlike the healing the dps specc already have to keep an eye onto that, so doubt it will help much.

Tried a lethality hybrid once that kolto probe (SRMP for scoundrels) specced... without the buff from the healing tree reducing its energy costs you are energy starving and end up pretty useless most of the time.

I know this isn't what you meant exactly, but yeah SRMP will still cost energy and unlike the healing the dps specc already have to keep an eye onto that, so doubt it will help much.

Yea, i see what you mean now. Guess that solution is a no go. Well i hope they put in the work to balance this out. time will tell.

I agree scrapper is totally useless atm but I must say dirty fighting is pretty good atm.

Atleast you can still do pretty fine from semiranged and dont lose a **** ton of dmg by pillar humping.

Think a good solution to make ops/scoundrel dps more usefull and survivable in arena would be to make the free instant heal proc from Scurry/Quickening baseline for dps ops/scoundrels and make it proc for underworld medicin/kolto injection instead.

That way you can atleast reliably throw a halfdecent heal on yourself or a teammate when it's needed instead of spending 2.5 secs casting one.

Would you be willing to surrender some of your burst and control? Because I don't see any other way. One versus one you and other stealth classes always win tournaments.

What burst and control do you speak of? The burst and control that lets us kill an already half dead target with no cc breaker available? Not many of those targets sitting around in 4v4. The burst and control that is tied to us getting off our opener on an unguarded and unhealed target? Again, only see that in a 4dps arena match and guess who the other team is going to hard switch to the moment you open? The only tournaments we might win would be ones that excluded shadows from competing. You said it yourself, it's not about 1v1 anyway. In full min/max Obroan the only targets I crush with any consistency are sitting on 25-26K health. But then, any geared dps would crush them anyway and most of the ACs would crush them more consistently where as we rely on a string of lucky crits to pull it off.

The upper tier of pvp in this game currently is 4v4 arena and we are gimped enough to be a hindrance to our team just for being there. 8v8, world pvp (ha), lowbies and dueling tournaments are just fluff, extra entertainment. BW pointed their top tier pvp in this new direction so now they should look at balancing ACs around this format (4v4).

I hate to say it bc it comes off as a flippant l2p comment and I am not trolling you, but try one in solo ranked or even worse, group ranked and then let us know what you think. It is not a pleasant experience.

What burst and control do you speak of? The burst and control that lets us kill an already half dead target with no cc breaker available? Not many of those targets sitting around in 4v4. The burst and control that is tied to us getting off our opener on an unguarded and unhealed target? Again, only see that in a 4dps arena match and guess who the other team is going to hard switch to the moment you open? The only tournaments we might win would be ones that excluded shadows from competing. You said it yourself, it's not about 1v1 anyway. In full min/max Obroan the only targets I crush with any consistency are sitting on 25-26K health. But then, any geared dps would crush them anyway and most of the ACs would crush them more consistently where as we rely on a string of lucky crits to pull it off.

The upper tier of pvp in this game currently is 4v4 arena and we are gimped enough to be a hindrance to our team just for being there. 8v8, world pvp (ha), lowbies and dueling tournaments are just fluff, extra entertainment. BW pointed their top tier pvp in this new direction so now they should look at balancing ACs around this format (4v4).

I hate to say it bc it comes off as a flippant l2p comment and I am not trolling you, but try one in solo ranked or even worse, group ranked and then let us know what you think. It is not a pleasant experience.

Most people in this game really have little idea about balance.

Operative dps being automatically viewed as a waste of a spot on the team, while Assassins are complaining about their Maul can "only" crits 8k and they are being buffed.

Smash newbs still run rampant.

Hybrid PT

Tankasin with super burst

Actually you cant even blame the players they are just newb and have no idea and dont give a **** about balance. It's the DEVs who made this game completely crap as it is today (and are percived as crap pvp game among mmo community).

DEVs really have no idea and probably dont play their own game.

"ohh so many complain about smash newb-monkeys" -> "Lets nerf Anni and Carnage"

"they say dps operative is really bad"->"I know right, lets buff dps assassins!, oh and buff overload shot just to troll em, and take cover away we are not allowed to have any patch with operative buffs without nerfing something too you know, company policy"

Edited by warultima

Most people in this game really have little idea about balance.

Operative dps being automatically viewed as a waste of a spot on the team, while Assassins are complaining about their Maul can "only" crits 8k and they are being buffed.

Smash newbs still run rampant.

Hybrid PT

Tankasin with super burst

Actually you cant even blame the players they are just newb and have no idea and dont give a **** about balance. It's the DEVs who made this game completely crap as it is today (and are percived as crap pvp game among mmo community).

DEVs really have no idea and probably dont play their own game.

"ohh so many complain about smash newb-monkeys" -> "Lets nerf Anni and Carnage"

"they say dps operative is really bad"->"I know right, lets buff dps assassins!, oh and buff overload shot just to troll em, and take cover away we are not allowed to have any patch with operative buffs without nerfing something too you know, company policy"

what if they increase overload shot damage by 100% :p