Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

Luckeyduckey

as long as the enemy stays ignorant to your exhistance you can put up some good numbers, but those healing cast will be noticed eventually.

The Dots and thermal grenade can push out some good numbers, but you have no means of putting reliable single target burst on an opponent, nor burst heals to an ally.

In short I dont think it is any more viable to bring to rateds than a straight dps scoundrel, but it does have a few nich places it can fill.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as the enemy stays ignorant to your exhistance you can put up some good numbers, but those healing cast will be noticed eventually.

The Dots and thermal grenade can push out some good numbers, but you have no means of putting reliable single target burst on an opponent, nor burst heals to an ally.

In short I dont think it is any more viable to bring to rateds than a straight dps scoundrel, but it does have a few nich places it can fill.

Thats what I figure. Probably could fluff your numbers up if you spread some DOTs. I think it could be fun though; for tooling around regs. Some serious harrassability for node delays to DOT and LOS and roll. You can also distract from another op/scoun healer by drawing that attention.

Also energy management is terrible... at least i was in the lethality, healing hybrid i tried

They need to buff sustained damage (somewhat) and DCD's.. BUT they also need to nerf the HELL out of burst damage they do when coming out of stealth. Its *********** insane the burst they got. Of course once that is done... They are not that impressive... Depends on the skill of the player just as well.

Also keep in mind, this game does not have ARENA as the solo pvp environment. WZ's are way more popular (for one thing...).

They need to buff sustained damage (somewhat) and DCD's.. BUT they also need to nerf the HELL out of burst damage they do when coming out of stealth. Its *********** insane the burst they got. Of course once that is done... They are not that impressive... Depends on the skill of the player just as well.

Also keep in mind, this game does not have ARENA as the solo pvp environment. WZ's are way more popular (for one thing...).

What burst? Scrappers do not have reliable burst.

Nice one, yeah, nerf about they only hard hitter the class has which even with crits hits worse than an average smash.

Combat has insane burst, Smash has insane burst, tk/lightning has insane burst, Deception/Inflitration has insane burst., but concealment if very lucky has at best mediocre burst, which is extremely unreliable. There is absolutely nothing left to nerf there, the spec is already a total joke.

I know concealment can be annoying, and really make you angry when on the receiving side, but in all fairness the ac is close to one trick pony, without a trick.

If at any point we find that healers or classes that can choose between healing or dps specs are useless in pvp, than I would say we have other issues in the game.

The normal progression in games is to go more levels, more dps, more damage type trinkets, etc...which to me means you eventually hits a point where healers (or non-immediate spike dps classes) are left behind until a tweak happens.

It's fairly common to see that in some of the posts you are probably just dealing with a poor skilled team vs a highly functioning team, but DPS focus spike in a 4-man match can be brutal. The few PUG games I tried on my healer made me want to shelf that toon for good. PUG will almost always be worst or the worst, but it really shows its colors when everything is dwindled down to 4 vs 4 and its OBVIOUS who the target should be.

Operative dps wont see any changes at all in 2.5, except for the useless buff to overload shot and a survivability nerf. That's why they created those "brainstorming" threads, guess they hope for sorcs, mercs and op dps to continue playing because that.

What is really sad is that the lack of survivability was pointed out in the class representative questions and in the thread but nothing was done. They just answered that the specs where doing fine and L2P. Hopefully they to can see the obvious now.

I'm hoping they drop a happy bomb but am not holding my breath.

After all the good and thoughtful feedback the closest thing to an improvement will be dinging that sin a little more before waking up in the box. Yayyyyyyyy I feel more slippery™ just thinking about it.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Nice one, yeah, nerf about they only hard hitter the class has which even with crits hits worse than an average smash.

Combat has insane burst, Smash has insane burst, tk/lightning has insane burst, Deception/Inflitration has insane burst., but concealment if very lucky has at best mediocre burst, which is extremely unreliable. There is absolutely nothing left to nerf there, the spec is already a total joke.

I know concealment can be annoying, and really make you angry when on the receiving side, but in all fairness the ac is close to one trick pony, without a trick.

Poor scrapper only has it's place in middies, that's where it still truly dominates.

One trick pony without a trick :p

The OP request is unrealistic, but the message is. Ops dps suck. Both specs die way too quick. Concealment does not deal enough damage.

Is it possible I started playing again after a 6 month leave, hoping that DPS scoundrels are in a better place now with the introduction of arenas (which demand better balance), but that things have actually gotten worse for the class?

Apparently so... :(

Is it possible I started playing again after a 6 month leave, hoping that DPS scoundrels are in a better place now with the introduction of arenas (which demand better balance), but that things have actually gotten worse for the class?

Apparently so... :(

Herds of stunlocking operatives have turned into herds of kolto probes.

I always say that you know a subclass is in trouble when no one complains about them being OP. Well. With arenas I don't even see any complaints about the roll these days.

That's wrong. Imagine every operative trying to go to pvp. A message pops up and says Operatives cannot participate in WZ's. Boom they just quit SWTOR.

May as well. Personally I just deleted my scrapper as of today. The quick shot "buff" was an insult and its clear scrappers will never get buffed properly so why waste a character slot?

Edited by Raansu

Incoming a buff to scrapper and concealment not in 2.5 but some day to make them viable in arena, then all the tears about how op they are again and so on just like it used to be.

The cycle of complaining will continue forever, nerf this or buff that.

Nobody will win or be happy.

You kids.

Edited by Makavelithug

Incoming a buff to scrapper and concealment not in 2.5 but some day to make them viable in arena, then all the tears about how op they are again and so on just like it used to be.

The cycle of complaining will continue forever, nerf this or buff that.

Nobody will win or be happy.

You kids.

Whats this statement based on?

On all the times they nerfed, buffed and nerfed DPS operatives again in the past.

Oh; wait. They skipped the buff step.

Though i think he might have a point. Since hardly anyone plays them anymore, people don't know how to counter them as well, in the unlikely case the class would become viable again, it end up massively op, since nobody know how to deal with it :p

Though i think he might have a point. Since hardly anyone plays them anymore, people don't know how to counter them as well, in the unlikely case the class would become viable again, it end up massively op, since nobody know how to deal with it :p

That is true. Those people probably are still crying about concealment ops now, though. Even without a buff. Then there are assassins who can pretty much be shut down similarly, yet are in a much better place.

On all the times they nerfed, buffed and nerfed DPS operatives again in the past.

Oh; wait. They skipped the buff step.

Like i said earlier, DPS OP/Scoundrel is the most nerfed class in the history of MMO's. Nerfs based almost purely on forum qq and L2P (learn to counter) issues.

It also seems we are the only class that made people rage quit the game in hundreds during the early months of the game :rolleyes: (that is what the devs said and i do not belive this).

Edited by Endel